• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Mupod

I just came back after not playing since last November - I'm still decked out in stuff from that Iron Banner since it was better than most of what I was using. I preordered both of the expansions but I got sucked into WoW by all my friends right afterwards so I really regretted that purchase. Not so much now since I need it anyways and the canadian dollar tanked right after I got it (plus I got the PSN card at a discount). But I'd like to at least get some value out of it and get acclimated to the game before the new stuff.

Sitting at 29 but I do have some vanguard/crucible marks left over and plenty of rep...kinda hesitant on spending it before I get an idea of what I can buy now, though.

I did a couple crucible matches and actually managed to go positive in the second, to my own surprise. I guess I'll keep working on the story stuff and see where that takes me, wouldn't say no to a gaf group for anything but I'd be a huge drag in a Nightfall atm (just like when I first started and Hawkian helped me out).

I just came back after not playing since last November - I'm still decked out in stuff from that Iron Banner since it was better than most of what I was using. I preordered both of the expansions but I got sucked into WoW by all my friends right afterwards so I really regretted that purchase. Not so much now since I need it anyways and the canadian dollar tanked right after I got it (plus I got the PSN card at a discount). But I'd like to at least get some value out of it and get acclimated to the game before the new stuff.

Sitting at 29 but I do have some vanguard/crucible marks left over and plenty of rep...kinda hesitant on spending it before I get an idea of what I can buy now, though.

I did a couple crucible matches and actually managed to go positive in the second, to my own surprise. I guess I'll keep working on the story stuff and see where that takes me, wouldn't say no to a gaf group for anything but I'd be a huge drag in a Nightfall atm (just like when I first started and Hawkian helped me out).

Don't worry about being a drag. Most people are overleveled for the content and can easily carry. I'm busy tonight, but I can take you through a NF before reset.

Weird request, but can anyone help me do Atheon Normal and let me explain the mechanics to someone who has only done it once before? If so, I'd be very much obliged. We keep wiping immediately without someone to hold the portal.

Silvard

I've been doing family stuff all day but should be home in maybe an hour. I'll be happy to help with any of the following tonight:

-Sherpa flawless raids
-Skolas school for first timers
-Mercury runs in Trials, priority to first timers

I should be around tomorrow as well if people want to do flawless raids then.

This is awesome, I'd definitely sign up for Skolas and Mercury here, complete first timer here. What would be the requirements?

Nuszka

Played some skirmish inferno this morning and this is how i felt like
tumblr_mj7j53yVGh1qdordeo1_400.gif

It worked both ways.

ich00

Does anyone on PS3 / PS4 still need the expansion pass (dark below and house of wolves)? Shoot me a pm I have an extra code I'm not using.

MattyG

Banned
See if you can find a team to run you through PoE 32. You'll get boots. I'd help, but I won't be on for 2 hours or so.

If you finish the HoW story, you unlock Prison of Elders. Run that and you will get max light level legs this week.
Okay, sounds good. I ran lvl 28 a couple times the other day and didn't get much, but I'll try 32 tonight. I've got a team I can run with, so hopefully I can get some gear out of it.

J0dy77

I had a friend who wanted to do the same, it looks that the digital (this allows you to download the existing content and play before TTK) can only be purchased at $80, why's that?

It's the collector's edition that comes with some extra bells and whistles. The weird thing is, they had the regular edition up on PSN for some time at $60 and then pulled it. No clue why or if I'm just imagining that.

Mupod

I hope they slow down the TTK with weapons for PVP for the Taken King, but I doubt it :p

Recently I kept seeing people talk about TTK in Destiny-related threads and at first I got excited thinking Bungie had said something about addressing how fast people die in PVP. Then I realized they were just talking about The Taken King.

Arrrammis

Recently I kept seeing people talk about TTK in Destiny-related threads and at first I got excited thinking Bungie had said something about addressing how fast people die in PVP. Then I realized they were just talking about The Taken King.
I wish people would refer to it as TK (or something else that isn't confusing) for this reason, but everyone just says TTK.

I'm really getting sick of shitty teammates.

Beating a dead horse and all, but why can't I have ranked MM? ;__;

Oh man how great that would be. For PvE better players would get matched together and fly through strikes. For PvP it would probably be a lot more challenging and with less frustration from being stuck with crummy teammates.

I've been doing family stuff all day but should be home in maybe an hour. I'll be happy to help with any of the following tonight:

-Sherpa flawless raids

You may or may not have a PM :p

Also if you can, try to help thenal get to mercury. He's never been and still looking for the gjallarhorn. Thanks :)

Nuszka

Custom games, in game record-replay mode, forge, so many good things that made halo amazing. Wish I could create custom tracks for sparrow races... Griefball... I could go on.

gspec

Well they said there are 20 million destiny accounts, and an average of 100 hours of playtime per account.

That does not mean anything.

They said a billion hours of gameplay averages to about 100 hours per account does not mean all 20 million account are active. They are guessing averages.

I've got a couple of messages and requests for games oh psn. Vita remote play turned on my ps4 but I'm 20,000 kms away and now I can't switch it off....I may be showing online on psn but I can't do anything till I get back by the end of this month.

Sorry. Can the gaffers who added me on psn reply here so I know who you are. Thanks.

darknil

-Sherpa flawless raids

I haven't reached Skolas, and never won any prize on Trials, so if you're taking people count me in!

Custom games, in game record-replay mode, forge, so many good things that made halo amazing. Wish I could create custom tracks for sparrow races... Griefball... I could go on.

Not having custom games is ridiculous. Just turn off any progression for custom games and you don't have to worry about them breaking the game economy. Let us create ridiculous objectives in the custom games too so we can make sparrow races and griffball.

Definity

Think it's time for me to take a break and wait for TTK now. Have most everything I want in the game at the moment. Still have games that haven't even been opened yet and I want to finish them before I jump back in!

Think it's time for me to take a break and wait for TTK now. Have most everything I want in the game at the moment. Still have games that haven't even been opened yet and I want to finish them before I jump back in!

That's what I've been doing I need to finish Arkham Knight.

I'm right there with you. I'm going to hang up the towel after I run reset stuff on Tuesday. The only thing i'm going for is the DO ship at this point...and Tuesday will make level 95 for me without a DO ship -_-.

FyreWulff

In game theater would be a nightmare for Destiny, accomodating films working with completely different gun and scene data.. and people would probably be mad if they did films but told people films would obsolete any time the game got updated.

Crucible has skill ranking, it's just hidden like Reach

Top Bottom