• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Best time to take a break from Destiny.

Go on vacation everyone :p
I think I'm done. Im convinced people actively try to lose now.
11834937_427990834074342_8540103954822352581_o.jpg

In game theater would be a nightmare for Destiny, accomodating films working with completely different gun and scene data.. and people would probably be mad if they did films but told people films would obsolete any time the game got updated.

Crucible has skill ranking, it's just hidden like Reach
Ahhh so non-existent just like Reach? Cause I'm not seeing it work at all.

FyreWulff

Ahhh so non-existent just like Reach? Cause I'm not seeing it work at all.

Skill matching is there, but they can tweak how much skill matching is weighed vs connection quality, or multiple other factors, to keep search times where they want them

ie some playlists in Reach, the skill ranking was there but connection weighting was more important, so you would get matched into games quick that had better quality but maybe not that much skill parity.

in Reach's Arena, they jacked the skill match weight all the way up, which also caused Arena to have the longest search times in the game, but also tended to have some of the closest and competitive matches in terms of points

The more players you have in a session, the longer searches will take the more weight you give to skill (or any other hard weights you add)

I'm going to imagine Rumble and Doubles probably have some of the highest skill matching weight in Destiny (FFA scenarios are much easier to do skill matching for and keep search times up). 6v6 modes likely massively prefer connection since more players are involved.

Skill matching is there, but they can tweak how much skill matching is weighed vs connection quality, or multiple other factors, to keep search times where they want them

ie some playlists in Reach, the skill ranking was there but connection weighting was more important, so you would get matched into games quick that had better quality but maybe not that much skill parity.

in Reach's Arena, they jacked the skill match weight all the way up, which also caused Arena to have the longest search times in the game, but also tended to have some of the closest and competitive matches in terms of points

The more players you have in a session, the longer searches will take the more weight you give to skill (or any other hard weights you add)

I'm going to imagine Rumble and Doubles probably have some of the highest skill matching weight in Destiny (FFA scenarios are much easier to do skill matching for and keep search times up). 6v6 modes likely massively prefer connection since more players are involved.
Thanks for the info. Pretty interesting.

I saw it work last night. I teamed up with some work buddies who are just getting into the game and had characters in the teens. I felt like a god.
Maybe you're actually God? o_o

I detest inferno so much. Maybe it's because you can't hear a single footstep in Destiny.

Man I would love to play some inferno with DGAF members and you bring up something good: we should be able to hear footsteps but you can hear other environmental stuff. Like I know if someone is jumping on water and then I just have to quickly think about where water is.

darknil

Any team for PoE 34? I kind of want an etheric light to play with my vision of confluence at full power before the expansion.

NastyBook

Little Light dropped in Dragon Strikes. I finally have a NEW ship that hasn't dropped a million times in a Raid or from a chest! Yes!

I'm signing on for the night. Anyone want to search for Hopscotch? (or Crux of Crota)?

Hit me up. PSN: JohnOfMars

Edit: gonna keep up with my idler count.

Stikes / Idlers:
1/1

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I know this might be a long shot, but my girlfriend and I have never been able to do vault of glass (never had enough people to help) and are looking to see if anybody wants to help us out with a teaching run around 6:30 PST. We are both level 34 hunters and have a 3rd player already that is also 34 warlock.

Just testing the waters here, thanks!

Edit: PS4 btw

Zocano

Best time to take a break from Destiny.

Go on vacation everyone :p

Yah, after beating Skolas both pre and post patch "legit", and dominating trials, I've had my fill for a month or two now. I'm glad the turn around is much faster than house of wolves.

todd360

I know this might be a long shot, but my girlfriend and I have never been able to do vault of glass (never had enough people to help) and are looking to see if anybody wants to help us out with a teaching run around 6:30 PST. We are both level 34 hunters and have a 3rd player already that is also 34 warlock.

Is that 9:30 est? I always forget this stuff.

phen0m24

PS4.

Have one on XB1 but I'm not sure I can keep up the grind there. It might actually be too much for me.

It's a bit crazy doing both. I don't know how Ji66a did that. He's a madman

The fun thing is playing with new people. WipedOut was cracking me up talking to Koro the other night. Tae and Ned are super cool. Still yet to run with Trance but Thirsty and Navy are great too.

We have a really great community here, don't we?

:)

Your loss, deej

ich00

If we can get our son asleep soon I'll be glad to join. Psn is ichabod00.

I'm signing on for the night. Anyone want to search for Hopscotch? (or Crux of Crota)?

Hit me up. PSN: JohnOfMars

Edit: gonna keep up with my idler count.

Stikes / Idlers:
1/1

Just getting caught up on the thread now and it looks like you already nailed the flawless raid, so you can ignore my PM response haha. Congrats to you and all the other newly crowned GLords!

Don't forget to PM Lnkn (link in the OP) to be added to the list.

Top Bottom