• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

I find gun slingers the scariest.

Only their supers which are easy to run away from, especially with blink.

BDancers have better grenade, way better jump, and way better subclass perks especially Quick Draw. Their super is incredibly strong for Trials as long as you know when and how to use it.

Gun slingers are way too slow and aren't evasive. They can't push and retreat safely like BDs.
Strikers are fast but lack evasion. Fist can beat other supers but fails often as well.
Defenders are just bad all around for Trials. No.
Sunsingers have max cheese and best grenades, but the worst speed, mobility and evasion.
Voidwalkers have blink but low agility relative to BDs and Nova Bomb is easy to miss/avoid.

There's a reason all the best players use BDancer when running carries (Stabie, Nghtly, Poshy, WishYouLuck, RealKraftyy, Luminosity, Tfue, etc.). It's the best PvP subclass.

OkayRene

Does anyone recall a post where someone did research testing the overall speed differences between Snapshot and Quickdraw? If so, can you share a link?

EDIT: Got it. Speed comparison if anyone else is interested in the research.

Trace

Banned

BDancers have better grenade, way better jump, and way better subclass perks especially Quick Draw. Their super is incredibly strong for Trials as long as you know when and how to use it.

Gun slingers are way too slow and aren't evasive. They can't push and retreat safely like BDs.
Strikers are fast but lack evasion. Fist can beat other supers but fails often as well.
Sunsingers have max cheese and best grenades, but the worst speed, mobility and evasion.
Voidwalkers have blink but low agility relative to BDs and Nova Bomb is easy to miss/avoid.

There's a reason all the best players use BDancer when running carries (Stabie, Nghtly, Poshy, WishYouLuck, RealKraftyy, Luminosity, Tfue, etc.). It's the best PvP subclass.

I could run gunslinger if it had blink and a useful grenade. Ohh well, it will stick to being one of the best PvE classes I guess :(

I agree 100%.

I am really curious to see how the new subclasses shake up class choice in TTK. Bladedancer will still be the best but I think that the hammer bro will be a very viable choice with a super similar to Gunslinger. The stormcaller will be interesting too with some of the perks including an even better melee, but their supers should be easy to avoid or shutdown.

SeanR1221

Man I love playing golden gun but this post makes me want to play blade dancer now :p

Trace

Banned
Between blink, the grenade, and Quickdraw you won't be able to go back to Gunslinger or any other class for PvP after getting good with Bladedancer.

I would argue in terms of just pure OPness, I can run Sunsinger too. It does feel so slow compared to Bladedancer tho D:

Anybody running any raids any time soon? If not anybody want to do one right now? I don't care which one we do. I would prefer normal mode but I'm down with hard mode as well.
My psn is: Datdudeiceman191 I have a level 32 warlock.

I would argue in terms of just pure OPness, I can run Sunsinger too. It does feel so slow compared to Bladedancer tho D:

Sunsinger is also great. I can't stand it because of the damn jump, but I've seen them used very effectively. The grenade is really good with burn applied to it. Self rez is good sometimes, but I don't like the pressure it puts on me and radiant skin doesn't seem to do enough damage resistance.

TL/DR: I'm too scrubby to sunsing ;p

When you see the blueberry shooting the minotaur (void shield) with a vestian dynasty, you know it's time to Back Out Kappa.

This last weekly heroic is going to be rough.

LTWood12

"The super is incredibly strong for Trials as long as you know when and how to use it."

I'd love some pointers on these. So many times I feel like I'm darting around and spazzing out, just trying to get to anybody I can.

maomaoIYP

"The super is incredibly strong for Trials as long as you know when and how to use it."

I'd love some pointers on these. So many times I feel like I'm darting around and spazzing out, just trying to get to anybody I can.

Yeah I'd love some pointers too. Too many times have I hit someone during blade dance only to not kill them. Isn't it supposed to be a one hit kill?

Daemul

Between blink, the grenade, and Quickdraw you won't be able to go back to Gunslinger or any other class for PvP after getting good with Bladedancer.

Yep. I've been exclusively playing Bladedancer since I started my Hunter whilst also levelling up my Gunslinger tree with daily bounties, and today I decided to give it a try out to see how I did. I only played one match with it before changing back to Bladedancer, the Gunslinger was so damn slow in everything, it's grenades suck, it took what felt like forever to draw a weapon after getting used to Quickdraw on BD and the jump got me killed more times than I like to admit.

I'm surprised that any Hunter even uses Gunslinger in PvP, they are putting themselves at a huge disadvantage.

Trakan

Yep. I've been exclusively playing Bladedancer since I started my Hunter whilst also levelling up my Gunslinger tree with daily bounties, and today I decided to give it a try out to see how I did. I only played one match with it before changing back to Bladedancer, the Gunslinger was so damn slow in everything, it's grenades suck, it took what felt like forever to draw a weapon after getting used to Quickdraw on BD and the jump got me killed more times than I like to admit.

I'm surprised that any Hunter even uses Gunslinger in PvP, they are putting themselves at a huge disadvantage.

I pretty much exclusively run Golden Gun. I think it's the best super in the game, though I do agree it's easy to run away from. I think it's the most satisfying/fun and feel like Bladedancer is overpowered as hell. It takes no skill to use.

SpecX

Thanks for letting me tag along. Don't know what happened at the end, somehow I didn't teleport through the portal and when I went again I ended up in front of Atheon. Had my revive to bail me out in the end.

SpecX

...Holy Shit!!!! Just checked the tower and had both the Vex and Hawkmoon drop! Using my most hated character gained what I've been seeking for so long. Thanks again!

GutZ31

I was thinking it's a lag issue too, but sometimes I even see them losing health from a hit, but no kill. Not even sure if I'm doing it right.

I know that warlocks that have just popped their supers can take up to 3 hits on a bad connection to kill.
But 2 hits is needed for a sun singer that just popped his super. I don't know if the Ram helmet helps, but I know I usually fail to kill warlocks. Blade dancing a blade dancer is also a 50/50 trade off I find.

Top Bottom