• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Hi DestinyGAF, it's been a while.

I was contemplating on preordering the non collector's edition of Taken King, but PS store will not allow me. The store says I'd need to buy the expansion pass first. What's up with that? I own digital version of the vanilla game, but no expansions. I thought preordering TTK would unlock the year one expansions?

Hello!

Yea it's weird. You have to buy both expansions ($35) to be able to buy TTK stand alone ($40) [total of $75]

Assuming you don't care to play TDB and HoW (both expansions so far),you'd be better off buying the TTK Legendary Edition, which is $60 and comes with everything. $48 if you have Best Buy GCU. Not sure if everything will be digital codes other than the base game but if so, you could then sell the base disc from TTK LE.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/destiny...on-4/8241029.p?id=1219690433333&skuId=8241029

Ok cool! I'd definitely be interested in giving it a go if someone else is keen.
Thanks for the advice as well, damn captains always causing trouble.

Sounds good. I'll keep an eye on the thread and see if anyone else is looking to kill Skolas, preferably first timers but doesn't have to be.

That sucks about facing TW, I got wrecked by him last week. Fwiw I'd strongly recommend using Touch of Flame + Viking Funeral instead of double grenades. Voidfang is still good and that long burn is really OP.

Normally I run with touch of flame. But figured double grenades every spawn would be more useful for clearing tunnels. We also had a lucky raspberry and armamentarium. Grenade spam!

Silvard

Ha ha, I don't mind doing them anytime so i'm sure we can get a group later in the week if your drunk in bed when we start

I'll check back in a couple of hours and see where we are

Edit Thanks for offer Drizzay, hopefully the majority will be on

Please send me a message on PSN (SilvardCT) when we're going, I might step away from the PS4 or PC but I have my phone and the playstation app with me.

Sounds good. I'll keep an eye on the thread and see if anyone else is looking to kill Skolas, preferably first timers but doesn't have to be.

Just wanna say that it's super cool to see people like yourself guiding newcomers through Skolas, it makes me really like the DGAF community and Destiny in general.

I've never killed Skolas but am hoping next week it becomes easier. If I panic before Sep 9, I'll come ask for help here.

Today I had the honour of narrating four first-time Vault of Glass normal mode raiders while me and one other 34 character (who had no mic) brought the madness. Absolutely fantastic feeling to lead a group through that maze and that jumping puzzle. They got incredible drops - just amazing. Had to explain to one kid what an exotic weapon even -was- when he got Thunderlord. "Why ... why is it yellow?"

My son. My beautiful titan child. It's yellow because it's special.

Congrats to not one, but two new Skolas School graudates: pat_dc82 and davidbloop! Some clutch performances all around to take him down on the third attempt after coming as close as possible on the second, lol.

CL9la_pUAAAc28V.jpg:orig

Congrats to not one, but two new Skolas School graudates: pat_dc82 and davidbloop! Some clutch performances all around to take him down on the third attempt after coming as close as possible on the second, lol.

Thanks again for the run mate!

I have an issue though, so with the Elder Cipher I picked Lord of Wolves. Woot. Except after selecting it, the gun is nowhere to be found. Not in my mail, on my person, or in vault. Went back to check I selected it but yep, don't have elder cipher anymore.

Where the hell did my new gun go? :(

noomi

Good morning DGAF!

Going to try for a final trials run in a few hours, and that'll complete my destiny activities for the week.

I've been having way to much fun with far cry 4...

Pat_DC

Thanks mate! You were a great and patient guide, plus David really kept it together during that clutch moment near the end.

^Happy to help gents! And very true about David's "game-winning" play at the end :p

Thanks again for the run mate!

I have an issue though, so with the Elder Cipher I picked Lord of Wolves. Woot. Except after selecting it, the gun is nowhere to be found. Not in my mail, on my person, or in vault. Went back to check I selected it but yep, don't have elder cipher anymore.

Where the hell did my new gun go? :(

You just got the cipher to drop right now, from that kill? Because you don't actually pick the gun then even though it gives you the option. It should have continued to the next step of the Cipher bounty though (use a key to open the big treasure chest in any 32, 34, or 35 PoE). If you have an open spot in your bounties and the Cipher didn't show up there then go back to talk to Variks. You should be able to continue the bounty otherwise something is definitely weird.

^Happy to help gents! And very true about David's "game-winning" play at the end :p

You just got the cipher to drop right now, from that kill? Because you don't actually pick the gun then even though it gives you the option. It should have continued to the next step of the Cipher bounty though (use a key to open the big treasure chest in any 32, 34, or 35 PoE). If you have an open spot in your bounties and the Cipher didn't show up there then go back to talk to Variks. You should be able to continue the bounty otherwise something is definitely weird.

Yep you're right next step popped up. :)

I think I might max out my skirmish grimoire today which will just leave me with salvage and rumble a long with PVP kills as a warlock and Titan.

But first gym and then breakfast!

I hope everyone here on DGAF will be having a nice day

E92 M3

Good morning DGAF!

Going to try for a final trials run in a few hours, and that'll complete my destiny activities for the week.

I've been having way to much fun with far cry 4...

I've been meaning to try that, but didn't know there were video games outside of Destiny.

Normally I run with touch of flame. But figured double grenades every spawn would be more useful for clearing tunnels. We also had a lucky raspberry and armamentarium. Grenade spam!

Lol sounds like a nightmare to play against! I've had a couple games against 3x Titans wearing Armamentarium with Lightning grenades. It was... not pleasant.

You guys got a spot for that?

Sorry Bits, we had already filled up. I was trying to get two first timers through, but if you want to do another run sometime I could probably oblige. Maybe get another newbie in the third spot.

I need to kill Skolas too for the first time, so I'd appreciate this. :)

For sure. I could do another run at some point today. Not sure if you and Bits are going to be around, I was about to eat some breakfast then I'll be available for a couple hours.

Skolas is all I need to complete my moments of triumph, but I gotta get to 34 first.

Yeah, definitely get to Lv34 since we're already forced to be one level down from the enemies. I always try to keep "requirements" to a minimum and the only two for Skolas are (1) Lv34 and (2) a mic. The run we just did had two first timers, I had the only GHorn, and it really didn't matter.

If you can get the PoE chest and/or helmet with Fallen perks those help a lot. Just a recommendation, not required. Most people I run it with don't have any PoE armor.

Flawless Raider

1) Me
2) Silvard
3) Owensbro
4) AQ
5)DonutTurtle
6) terrordactyl

Enrage timer is off for a couple of hours, whose online to do this?

SnakeEyes

Banned
HOOOOLY SHIT! Just made it to Mercury for the 2nd time, first on my Hunter, with back_speed and GutZ's brother ARES. Fantastic run guys! I also got the Hunter cloak and the Aaru's Passage shader... twice :D

Edit: I got a Solar Scholar.

noomi

HOOOOLY SHIT! Just made it to Mercury for the 2nd time, first on my Hunter, with back_speed and GutZ's brother ARES. Fantastic run guys! I also got the Hunter cloak and the Aaru's Passage shader... twice :D

Edit: I got a Solar Scholar.

Congrats :)

Top Bottom