• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

I was grinding hard for Hopscotch, but then I had a spare change.25 drop. I know what you're thinking, but I rolled it with Braced Frame and Counterbalance and this gun wrecks. I only had a couple games in a PvP with it fully leveled since my only option is remote play atm, but even still I got a handful of double kills in 4 bursts. Counterbalance eliminates the insane up and to the left recoil and instead it's a more manageable slight up and down recoil. New favorite PvP primary until/if I come across a Hopscotch, but I won't be grinding for it anymore.

Sh0k

Anybody needs a last minute Nightfall? Right before the Walker, two spots available. Join me, Shokleeto, no mic at the moement.

stn

Planning to install the game tonight. Are there lots of patches and updates to download? Anyone have an estimate on the size of these patches in total? Thanks.

Btw I saw your earlier post about Cauldron. I've gone back and forth on some maps. I like Pantheon better since I've figured out new ways to play and rush different approaches (cliff side by outer heavy, middle across bridge or behind cube/boxes, even waterfall heavy if you're fast). I also think it plays better now with fewer scrubby teams in Trials that would camp back in their spawns and waste time during that second week.

For Cauldron, I dislike how the door protected center room also has the capture point. There aren't a lot of viable ways to change things up when teams invariably camp the center. Doors are bad in general but compare Cauldron to Black Shield. It has a virtually identical room protected by 3 separate doorways, but the capture point is outside so teams can't camp from that room forever. BShield can also play very differently if teams rush inside vs. outside, and the outside has a ton of space to move around and make plays. Cauldron feels relatively limited.

That's fair enough. Cauldron can get pretty campy at times and those doors are a nuisance. It would probably be better if the capture point was under the heavy bridge so that it would force an engagement in an area not surrounded by doors.

With talk of upgrading new weapons in TTK by sacrificing other legendaries, and since Osiris let's you buy to your hearts content, should I flood my vault with Jewels?

Langy

I may be able to do another around 6:30/7 GMT - I need a break that was far to stressful

Thanks for that mate. Can't believe what happened on the first attempt, but we got there eventually!

My one remaining trophy now is Raid Party. As it seems you can do 32 poe for it, that is my plan right now. Need one more if anybody needs the trophy. psn is Langoit

After a measly 787 games, the journey to Trials True Skill rank 50 is complete, hooray. Another run-in with a lame t-bagging streamer and "top player" along the way, just for good measure.

Gotta take a break now but will probably be up for more Trials and/or Skolas later today.

LTWood12

After a measly 787 games, the journey to Trials True Skill rank 50 is complete, hooray. Another run-in with a lame t-bagging streamer and "top player" along the way, just for good measure.

Gotta take a break now but will probably be up for more Trials and/or Skolas later today.

Congratulations! That DaBooya Buff is significant.

Agent

Rerolled my NL Shadow 701x with Full Auto, Hand Laid Stock, and Zen Moment. Can't wait to level it up, it is going to be a laser beam.

Also just rerolled my Dry Rot 32 with Aggressive Ballistics, Full Auto, Fitted Stock, and Luck in the Chamber. It won't replace Found Verdict, but I think it is going to be a fun PvE gun to use.

I would deffo be up for a trials run with you driz. I have only been to Mercury once so don't mind stepping aside if there are mergins who need the run. Won't be on for another 4-6 hours though. Currently have a BBQ on the go

Tecnniqe

Banned
Thanks for the PoE run guys, so closes to Plat. Now if only i could get that damn Exotic Weapon upgrade trophy to stop being bugged and unlock it would all be good.

Haybro

Congrats Driz! Who was the streamer?

Was talking with Owen for a good portion of the night last night doing random stuff but where did that Moon PvP map ever go? The big one with the interceptor.

Truphenom

Soooo, I just got a PS4 to put with my xbox one finally. Didnt pick up any games since I already have the ones I need on a console. But would I be a psycho if I picked up Destiny on PS4 when I already sunk in hundreds of hours on the xbox? Is there anyone else doing that, and is it as much of a pain as it feels like it might be right now?

ocean

Banned
As far as faction shaders go, it would be awesome if the actual faction vendors sold them for once.
They said the shader vendor would display all shaders and how you could get them. Guessing it'll be tied to Factoon specific bounties and some grind. Whatever it is, I'll love it because it can't be worse than it is now.

Soooo, I just got a PS4 to put with my xbox one finally. Didnt pick up any games since I already have the ones I need on a console. But would I be a psycho if I picked up Destiny on PS4 when I already sunk in hundreds of hours on the xbox? Is there anyone else doing that, and is it as much of a pain as it feels like it might be right now?
If you have friends to play with sure, plus you'll get access to extra weapons and Crucible maps early (kinda sucks that this is a thing, but it is).

Congratulations! That DaBooya Buff is significant.

haha thanks dude, I've seen Adam online a few times since then but it doesn't seem like he's played a ton. I saw that Polygon article the other day about Phil Spencer having played Destiny for 350 hours so far, so we need to get that Unstable train rolling eventually. No console wars here, all gaming executives are welcome!

I would deffo be up for a trials run with you driz. I have only been to Mercury once so don't mind stepping aside if there are mergins who need the run. Won't be on for another 4-6 hours though. Currently have a BBQ on the go

For sure! I need to take a break now as well for food and family but I'll post something later when I'm able to play again. Hopefully it works out. Wicked and Rubenov told me they were going to be carrying folks in Trials all day so you might be able to hop in with them as well.

Was talking with Owen for a good portion of the night last night doing random stuff but where did that Moon PvP map ever go? The big one with the interceptor.

First Light. It was banished into the Combined Arms playlist along with Bastion.

Top Bottom