• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

I'm really confused and an hour of googling has left me more confused. Can NeoGAF help with a simple question:

How often do the Skolas modifiers change? Are they known and predictable outside of not having any burn?

Could've sworn I got a collateral headshot here, but some bastard killed the warlock in the back before I could!

KF9tNvx.gif

XenoRaven

Story question: Do we find out what Eris needs with these eyes from the urn quest? While she seems like she's sort of crazy in the head, most of her quirks can be chalked up to really wanting revenge on Crota. But her obsession with these eyes seems a bit ominous.

I'm really confused and an hour of googling has left me more confused. Can NeoGAF help with a simple question:

How often do the Skolas modifiers change? Are they known and predictable outside of not having any burn?

They change every week. So far they have only rotated through 3 sets of modifiers.

Light switch and Small Arms (this week)
Brawler and Juggler (easiest week)
Angry and Catapult (edit: yep, Catapult is right)

Maybe they'll add more but this is all they've used since they removed the elemental burns.

Story question: Do we find out what Eris needs with these eyes from the urn quest? While she seems like she's sort of crazy in the head, most of her quirks can be chalked up to really wanting revenge on Crota. But her obsession with these eyes seems a bit ominous.

Have you seen her face? She just needs replacements Kappa

I have no idea.

I'm 70% sure that it switches between small arms + light switch one week and Brawler + juggler the next week.

EDIT: beaten in both speed and accuracy.

Two Words

So it turns out I managed to get a few free PS4 games, including The Taken King. To be honest, I didn't plan to play TTK since I was left disappointed with Destiny's first year. I suppose I'll try out TTK. But from what I've read, doesn't it feel like a lot of progress made from now to TTK will be made pointless? I was thinking of getting back into Destiny prior to TTK to see the changes, but it feels like TTK will make that moot. Is that the case?

Owensboro

I think it's a clue that she's turning more and more into a Hive. If you read the Grimoire cards (yeahm who reads that shit, right?) there is all kinds of nonsense about worms and how as hive progress through their evolution they lose eyes. Basicaly, she's a crazy lady that had to eat bugs to get out of a bad situation. She's that chick from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, but with space magic. It all makes sense....

....I've had too much bourbon.....

Anyone want to do dumb stuff?

Owen, you're an awesome guide for raids! Thanks again for earlier.

Trials suck when you only have one week of experience like me >_>

Hey man, thanks! I'm always afriad I come of as too pushy, but whatever. I love helping people enjoy the best parts of this game.

And Iv'e only had one experience with trials. Me, two other dudes, and us looking down the barel of a gun. Seriously, we didn't win one match, and it turned me off from the whole thing. Since then I've purposly built some PvP gear (Hopscotch Pilgrim, Joldeir's Hammer, and a Her Benevolence with good rolls) but still have been too scared to try it again.

So it turns out I managed to get a few free PS4 games, including The Taken King. To be honest, I didn't plan to play TTK since I was left disappointed with Destiny's first year. I suppose I'll try out TTK. But from what I've read, doesn't it feel like a lot of progress made from now to TTK will be made pointless? I was thinking of getting back into Destiny prior to TTK to see the changes, but it feels like TTK will make that moot. Is that the case?
Exotics still matter, so you could always collect those. And even though current legendary gear won't reach year two values, everything is equalized in normal Crucible so you can still find really good weapons if you're into that. Plus a lot of the HoW stuff is really fun electability the Prison of Elder bosses, and fun is what really matters.

I ran two trials cards with clan mates last night. All I can say is screw thieves den. I even scrubbed it up with voidfang vestments and double fire bolt grenades. People just seem to survive anything! Didn't help that we ran into triple wrecks clan again! Every week seem to hit them. Last week was painful as it was on the final boss with the mercy used

No, you're good. All progress carries over and the game has improved a whole bunch. All the gold (exotic) items you find in the next month will be upgradeable to the new power levels. Purple items will get you to the power level to get to the Taken King but then you'll want to get new stuff. So think of it like a regular RPG with a new area.

XenoRaven

I think it's a clue that she's turning more and more into a Hive. If you read the Grimoire cards (yeahm who reads that shit, right?) there is all kinds of nonsense about worms and how as hive progress through their evolution they lose eyes. Basicaly, she's a crazy lady that had to eat bugs to get out of a bad situation. She's that chick from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, but with space magic. It all makes sense....

....I've had too much bourbon.....

Anyone want to do dumb stuff?

Hey man, thanks! I'm always afriad I come of as too pushy, but whatever. I love helping people enjoy the best parts of this game.

And Iv'e only had one experience with trials. Me, two other dudes, and us looking down the barel of a gun. Seriously, we didn't win one match, and it turned me off from the whole thing. Since then I've purposly built some PvP gear (Hopscotch Pilgrim, Joldeir's Hammer, and a Her Benevolence with good rolls) but still have been too scared to try it again.
I did read that it's theorized that the Hive were once a living alien race that were infected with parasitic worms. The worms devoured their light and killed them, but their bodies remain animate. The wizards are supposedly attempting to find a way to "cure" the infection, but at the same time the Hive cannot resist their hunger for more light, which is why they pursue the Traveler.

It's certainly possible that Eris is having her light devoured, is slowly dying, and will eventually become one of the Hive, but I don't remember reading anything about eyes.

These hive worms sound pretty nefarious. The guardians should probably build some device that could starve all the worms to death so their infection doesn't spread.

Ok so I've been trying to collect the dead ghosts for the trophy but I've already come across 2 ghosts on Earth that just won't show up. Destiny says I don't have them yet but they just refuse to appear where they're supposed to. I did read that there's a few ghosts that are glitched and may not appear but it's frustrating the he'll out of me. After getting my flawless raid trophy I was looking forward to getting the rest

Ok so I've been trying to collect the dead ghosts for the trophy but I've already come across 2 ghosts on Earth that just won't show up. Destiny says I don't have them yet but they just refuse to appear where they're supposed to. I did read that there's a few ghosts that are glitched and may not appear but it's frustrating the he'll out of me. After getting my flawless raid trophy I was looking forward to getting the rest

Sometimes they show up if you go back with alts. Also iirc you only need 50 ghosts for the trophy and there are 68 in total. It should be no problem to get the trophy, but I can imagine a certain degree of OCD can kick in if you have 66/68 collected ;)

Sometimes they show up if you go back with alts. Also iirc you only need 50 ghosts for the trophy and there are 68 in total. It should be no problem to get the trophy, but I can imagine a certain degree of OCD can kick in if you have 66/68 collected ;)

Oh I didn't realise the ghosts in the expansions counted towards the trophy

Pat_DC

I've got a couple of messages and requests for games oh psn. Vita remote play turned on my ps4 but I'm 20,000 kms away and now I can't switch it off....I may be showing online on psn but I can't do anything till I get back by the end of this month.

Sorry. Can the gaffers who added me on psn reply here so I know who you are. Thanks.

I added you, psn: pat_dc82, would have written a message like "Oz Dgaf".
Hope you are enjoying your trip!

Owensboro

I just did the same for some cats tonight. I'm afraid that golden age technology must have been lost in the collapse.

How great would it be if someone came back to the tower saying "Guys! I figured out how to beat the Hive! We just need to call this 1-800 number to get Heartgard. No, I don't know how to "dial a number". it's space magic!"

The earlier we can get this done the better as I'm on the edge of activating enrage timer.

We're in the doldrums here in the "Land of the Free" (almost 4am here). What time are you looking for? I'm flexible.

Pat_DC

Is it worth trying Skolas or is it best to wait and see what modifiers pop up at the reset due to light switch? It's the only task left for my moments of triumph so am going to have give it a go soon.

I'm 70% sure that it switches between small arms + light switch one week and Brawler + juggler the next week.

EDIT: beaten in both speed and accuracy.

Btw I saw your earlier post about Cauldron. I've gone back and forth on some maps. I like Pantheon better since I've figured out new ways to play and rush different approaches (cliff side by outer heavy, middle across bridge or behind cube/boxes, even waterfall heavy if you're fast). I also think it plays better now with fewer scrubby teams in Trials that would camp back in their spawns and waste time during that second week.

For Cauldron, I dislike how the door protected center room also has the capture point. There aren't a lot of viable ways to change things up when teams invariably camp the center. Doors are bad in general but compare Cauldron to Black Shield. It has a virtually identical room protected by 3 separate doorways, but the capture point is outside so teams can't camp from that room forever. BShield can also play very differently if teams rush inside vs. outside, and the outside has a ton of space to move around and make plays. Cauldron feels relatively limited.

rc213

How sad is it that there are still people lag switching on regular crucible? Maybe they got lost on their way to their Trials match. Worse is most of the time they end up losing anyways.

I'm really starting to love blade dancer super.

I <3 Hopscotch

More often than not I end up winning an encounter with a sniper. Feels good!

As soon as everyones on or near as. I probably won't be able to do it past 4/5pm GMT

Edit, you, owensbro and sivard are on now

If you have to leave let me know and I can sub in depending on what time it is.

Is it worth trying Skolas or is it best to wait and see what modifiers pop up at the reset due to light switch? It's the only task left for my moments of triumph so am going to have give it a go soon.

Lightswitch isn't bad at all, although other weeks are easier. If there's another newbie around looking to do it I could probably hop on for another run.

Just be sure to kill the Sword Captain every time adds spawn. He spawns from the door underneath the back balcony and will literally chase you across the map wherever you are. He's the only enemy with AI programmed like that. Use Armor of Light on your bubble if you play as a Defender.

I ran two trials cards with clan mates last night. All I can say is screw thieves den. I even scrubbed it up with voidfang vestments and double fire bolt grenades. People just seem to survive anything! Didn't help that we ran into triple wrecks clan again! Every week seem to hit them. Last week was painful as it was on the final boss with the mercy used

That sucks about facing TW, I got wrecked by him last week. Fwiw I'd strongly recommend using Touch of Flame + Viking Funeral instead of double grenades. Voidfang is still good and that long burn is really OP.

Ryck

Ugh what a night of Trials. Went 7-0 and then lost four straight. It was like hitting a brick wall.

Going into it all I wanted was the Jewel so I guess I can't complain but still... So close :-/

Pat_DC

Lightswitch isn't bad at all, although other weeks are easier. If there's another newbie around looking to do it I could probably hop on for another run.

Just be sure to kill the Sword Captain every time adds spawn. He spawns from the door underneath the back balcony and will literally chase you across the map wherever you are. He's the only enemy with AI programmed like that. Use Armor of Light on your bubble if you play as a Defender.

Ok cool! I'd definitely be interested in giving it a go if someone else is keen.
Thanks for the advice as well, damn captains always causing trouble.

Yay got my nephew from Level 24 to Level 27 today. PvP rewards are really good. Best way to go from Level 2 (or level 5 on a brand new account) to Level 20. Then best way to get light gear / build up Crucible Rep for 21+

I helped him get his final First Blood to get Rank 2 and now he's ready to join in on a Normal VoG! Looking to set that up tomorrow night.

Then we're going to do HoW missions and PoE 28 for the first exotic pull. Good stuff.

Edit: might actually hold off on Normal VoG until next week. Maybe easier to find people after reset.

Owensboro

As soon as everyones on or near as. I probably won't be able to do it past 4/5pm GMT

Edit, you, owensbro and sivard are on now

I won't lie, due to timezone difference and genral intoxication I'm about to pass out. Find a replacement if I'm not on when you want to do flawless. I'm not about to make someone think they have to stay up just to get me some dumb trophy.

Hi DestinyGAF, it's been a while.

I was contemplating on preordering the non collector's edition of Taken King, but PS store will not allow me. The store says I'd need to buy the expansion pass first. What's up with that? I own digital version of the vanilla game, but no expansions. I thought preordering TTK would unlock the year one expansions?

KingConan

I was contemplating on preordering the non collector's edition of Taken King, but PS store will not allow me. The store says I'd need to buy the expansion pass first. What's up with that? I own digital version of the vanilla game, but no expansions. I thought preordering TTK would unlock the year one expansions?

No, you don't get the expansions by preordering, but you need them to play The Taken King. They are included in the disc version and in the digital collector's edition though.

Liamc723

The collectors version does that. If you simply want to pre-order TTK off the PlayStation Store, you need to buy The Dark Below and House Of Wolves first.

I won't lie, due to timezone difference and genral intoxication I'm about to pass out. Find a replacement if I'm not on when you want to do flawless. I'm not about to make someone think they have to stay up just to get me some dumb trophy.

Ha ha, I don't mind doing them anytime so i'm sure we can get a group later in the week if your drunk in bed when we start

I'll check back in a couple of hours and see where we are

Edit Thanks for offer Drizzay, hopefully the majority will be on

No, you don't get the expansions by preordering, but you need them to play The Taken King. They are included in the disc version and in the digital collector's edition though.

The collectors version does that. If you simply want to pre-order TTK off the PlayStation Store, you need to buy The Dark Below and House Of Wolves first.

So..it's 20€ + 20€ + 40€ or 90€ if I want to play expansions now and TTK at release? Oh well, nevermind then.

Top Bottom