• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

ocean

Banned
Was talking with Owen for a good portion of the night last night doing random stuff but where did that Moon PvP map ever go? The big one with the interceptor.
The Combined Arms playlist, which rotates like Salvage. Should be on next reset or the one after that at the latest.

GutZ31

How is the climate here with people that need flawless and or their first raids under their belts?

I may start a sherpa run if enough people are on and need one of the above.

Oynox

After serveral months of abstinence I finally leveled from lvl 20 up to lvl 30 in a couple of days. Luckily, I even got an exoctic bounty. But now I do not know which one to choose. Please some help on that.

Got the choice between:
A light in the dark - Thorn
Toland's Legacy - Bad Juju
A dubious Task - Invective

I guess right now, Thorn would be the best choice, but I heard some time ago that Bungie wants to nerf it. When, and how strong?

I would be up for attempting to help those in need of flawless raider, I just have no experience doing it with a full fireteam which meant bridge cheese(soloed the whole raid to get it myself, did 2 other runs with a fireteam of 2 and 4).

Thanks for the PoE run guys, so closes to Plat. Now if only i could get that damn Exotic Weapon upgrade trophy to stop being bugged and unlock it would all be good.

Great thanks for the trophies, sorry I had to bug out after the strike have some real life issues now.

Thanks again.

They said the shader vendor would display all shaders and how you could get them. Guessing it'll be tied to Factoon specific bounties and some grind. Whatever it is, I'll love it because it can't be worse than it is now.
If they would just take out the 2 motes roll. Level 18 with New Monarchy, got one shader but half the time its 2 motes.

For added insult, I was feeling extra loyal to New Monarchy so decided to buy their weapons. Save up 150 marks for Red Hand and even put an etheric light into it after some rerolls. Very same week I hoar the Cryptarch and get a Red Hand. Save up for a Judgement, same week of purchase upgrade Cryptarch again and get a Judgement. It is ever clear that New Monarchy and Master Rahool are in on a big scam together. Surely Xur fits into this somewhere as well. Had to leave them for Dead Orbit.

How is the climate here with people that need flawless and or their first raids under their belts?

I just did one and was going to do another later but id be forever in your debt if you did one, my body can't take doing the abyss again

DirtyAquaticApe, SilvardCT and Puma where on the list and Owensbro and Terrordactyl as well

Edit Inapplicable, the way I do bridge with a full fireteam is I hold centre and takedown the swordbearer before he hits the bottom of the steps pulling the extra man to the centre beforehand, send each one over and they go to the right until theres 3 then build from that side

Normal side you go up the top of the stairs whilst waiting (where you spawn in) to clear adds below and you take out the sword bearer as soon as he comes out of the door

GutZ31

I would be up for attempting to help those in need of flawless raider, I just have no experience doing it with a full fireteam which meant bridge cheese(soloed the whole raid to get it myself, did 2 other runs with a fireteam of 2 and 4).

Looks like I may have asked a bit too early in the day for some. I may ask again later and see what the response is.

I just did one and was going to do another later but id be forever in your debt if you did one, my body can't take doing the abyss again

DirtyAquaticApe, SilvardCT and Puma where on the list and Owensbro and Terrordactyl as well

Oh, cool.
If these guys/gals are on, it would be pretty good for me to start soon. I can do it later, but I can't guarantee when.

After serveral months of abstinence I finally leveled from lvl 20 up to lvl 30 in a couple of days. Luckily, I even got an exoctic bounty. But now I do not know which one to choose. Please some help on that.

Got the choice between:
A light in the dark - Thorn
Toland's Legacy - Bad Juju
A dubious Task - Invective

I guess right now, Thorn would be the best choice, but I heard some time ago that Bungie wants to nerf it. When, and how strong?
Forget Thorn, get Bad Juju which is more fun. The pulse rifle auto reloads when you get a kill so you can shoot the adds for days, and each kill grants more super energy which is always nice. Plus it looks awesome.

Oynox

Forget Thorn, get Bad Juju which is more fun. The pulse rifle auto reloads when you get a kill so you can shoot the adds for days, and each kill grants more super energy which is always nice. Plus it looks awesome.
Since I play mainly PvE, Thorn is pretty useless anyway, right?

Invective sounds nice as well, though it is a shotgun and those suck. But a primary elementar weapon is tempting, because then I have all three elements covered all the time.

Congrats Driz! Who was the streamer?

Thanks! :) I don't want to straight up name names but let's just say he's related to a recent beverage promotion :-/

In my experience there have been more people looking for Skolas than raids for the Triumphs, fwiw.

For Flawless I'm always happy to help on a run if needed and I'm available.

ocean

Banned

Invective sounds nice as well, though it is a shotgun and those suck. But a primary elementar weapon is tempting, because then I have all three elements covered all the time.
Thorn isn't wonderful in PvE right now. After TK launches the damage over time will stack with multiple shots, increasing DPS and perhaps becoming more attractive for PvE. We'll have to see how the numbers work out.

If your mainly PvE then definitely Bad Juju. Combine that gun with Obsidian Mind as a Warlock and it's supers for days!

GutZ31

Thorn has no element.

The shotgun is beast in PvE.

Bad Juju is a good call for super chaining, as it just keep on giving as long as you get kills before the mag is empty, and then it just refills on a kill.

Thanks! :) I don't want to straight up name names but let's just say he's related to a recent beverage promotion :-/

In my experience there have been more people looking for Skolas than raids for the Triumphs, fwiw.

For Flawless I'm always happy to help on a run if needed and I'm available.

You just don't know how to give yourself a break now do you?
Thanks bud, always thankful for having a willing hand.

Truphenom

If you have friends to play with sure, plus you'll get access to extra weapons and Crucible maps early (kinda sucks that this is a thing, but it is).

Na but this thread is always active so I might try to see what its like to not have to deal with unknown randoms.

Still don't understand the extra stuff for new players, so dumb.

Thorn is actually getting a PvE buff. It's damage over time thing is getting reduced to 1/3rd the damage, but in PvE that can now stack up to 5 times. Still, Bad Juju is more fun. Invective is boring and I never use it.

Been meaning to ask this, but how long would it take to kill Crota on hard? As that's my last triumph oddly enough. Ran through that raid once on normal and didn't really like it as much as VoG so never bothered with hard mode.

todd360

Been meaning to ask this, but how long would it take to kill Crota on hard? As that's my last triumph oddly enough. Ran through that raid once on normal and didn't really like it as much as VoG so never bothered with hard mode.

Its easy as fuck with people who know what they are doing now that we aren't under leveled. You can rush right through it in no time.

I imagine you just need to complete it as well. So you could start from a checkpoint near the end and beat it even faster that way.

GutZ31

Doh! I missed the flawless? That's what I get for sleeping in.

Let me know when it's happening. I'm good for whenever.

The Bearded Ladies Space Magic Flawless Extravaganza
Let the flawless hit the floor.
Lets do it PS4.
*sick guitar rip*

1. GutZ31 - The bearded lady avatar - SherpaDerp
  2. Owensboro - that shark high fiving a gorilla
  3. TheAquaticApe - the water ape
  4. JxOxHxNxSxOxN - Makeup Joker
  5. PuMa - ??? - not sure if shes on.
  6. ?

Lets try and get this set up within the hour.
The only thing I ask is that you bring your patience hat with you.

Doh! I missed the flawless? That's what I get for staying up all night drinking

Edited for correction

Same as normal mode 20-30 mins, I've got a Crota CP I can fire up later for people to get the Triumphs

SeanR1221

I don't know if I'm feeling the Matador, even wth aggressive ballistics and shot package. I feel like found verdict is better. Matador is so slow.

My brother kindly requests that Gaf's Trials elite stop tearing him apart. He just ran into Rubenov and Wicked for second time in recent weeks and has run into Unstable as well!

Xur should sell them. :3

yeah, that'll give me something to spend all these strange coins on.

paxcz.jpg

Just wanna say that it's super cool to see people like yourself guiding newcomers through Skolas, it makes me really like the DGAF community and Destiny in general.

I've never killed Skolas but am hoping next week it becomes easier. If I panic before Sep 9, I'll come ask for help here.

Today I had the honour of narrating four first-time Vault of Glass normal mode raiders while me and one other 34 character (who had no mic) brought the madness. Absolutely fantastic feeling to lead a group through that maze and that jumping puzzle. They got incredible drops - just amazing. Had to explain to one kid what an exotic weapon even -was- when he got Thunderlord. "Why ... why is it yellow?"

My son. My beautiful titan child. It's yellow because it's special.

Late reply but thanks so much for the kind words. I'm just one of many, many people around here who put a lot of effort into helping others have a fun and inviting time in Destiny. This game lives and dies by its community and the people in your fire team.

That's a great story about your VoG sherpa! It really is one of the best experiences you can have, especially with newbies who really appreciate all the information and support you give. If the TTK raid finally lives up to VoG's precedent, I can't wait to spend a lot of time learning every nook and cranny to help others complete it.

JTripper

Lets do it PS4.
*sick guitar rip*

3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?

Gotta get this done too, could I join the band?

My PSN is JxOxHxNxSxOxN

Tecnniqe

Banned
You can get the trophy if you upgrade a queenbreaker bow as well as the mythoclast.

Really? D: And i selected the shotgun last night god damnit.
So many bugs, why is it broken to begin with D:

First countless hours trying to farm Husk before thats bugged and not dropping anymore, to now find out a trophy is bugged and only unlocks from 2 weapons which is RNG.
Bungie do you even gametest?

D_psipher

Lets do it PS4.
*sick guitar rip*

3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?

If you still have room I would like to join the merry band of flawless raiders. PSN is d-psipher.

Lets do it PS4.
*sick guitar rip*

6. ?

PSN: DirtyAquaticApe :) I'm on and ready whenever. Just toss me an invite! Thanks for this. I'm excited.

GutZ31

Gotta get this done too, could I join the band?

My PSN is JxOxHxNxSxOxN

Puma and I need Flawless Raid. That's all I need for Guardian Lord.

If you still have room I would like to join the merry band of flawless raiders. PSN is .

Lets do it PS4.
*sick guitar rip*

6. d-psipher - A guy with an Eye

If everyone can be accounted for *puma*, we can start soon *puma*.

Edit Inapplicable, the way I do bridge with a full fireteam is I hold centre and takedown the swordbearer before he hits the bottom of the steps pulling the extra man to the centre beforehand, send each one over and they go to the right until theres 3 then build from that side
Thought it would be like that, I know it isn't too difficult.

Just tried it solo for practice, died at the bridge(stupid mistake), wiped on purpose after Deathsinger so I didn't have to waste time killing adds but then kept getting murdered by Crota because he kept getting up far too early. I'm so rusty, last time I did it solo was when 32 was the level cap.

Lets do it PS4.
*sick guitar rip*

6. ?

I'll join if there's a spot. Idk about Puma.

Top Bottom