• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Is chatterwhite a guaranteed drop from Atheon normal if you don't have it? Or is it RNG?

Not sure. My memory is that it wasn't guaranteed but rather a very high drop chance although it might be 100% if you don't already have it, like you said. We did a normal VoG recently and all 6 team members got it, fwiw. Cryptographic and Glowhoo are guaranteed from NM and HM Crota if you don't currently have them in your inventory.

Yeah I don't feel like there's much reason to prepare rep turnovers. It really only mattered for TDB when we needed commendations fast (and then never needed them again). Especially considering how badly they've nerfed faction reward packages, I don't need any more Motes or Strange Coins. Unless they totally screw us on the Vanguard and Crucible Marks transition, I'll have 1200 total Marks to buy any Tower loot that looks interesting.

Exactly. I'm keeping my Marks maxed out, but beyond that, I'm doing nothing. Have tons of motes/coins, and with so many exotic chances each week, we'll all have so much new gear in days that we won't know what to do with it all (remember the influx of legendaries with HoW, and from what I hear the loot table for TTK is huge).

Calling Drizzay, Gutz, and any other old pals. My brother-in-law Chad is coming to hang out tonight. He doesn't own a console, but plays quite a bit on mine when we get together. Was thinking about trying to get some folks together tonight to run him through VoG-normal (on my account) to let him experience it. Overall he's probably spent less than 24 hours playing Destiny, but I think w/ my gear and me helping guide him he'd love it.

What time are you thinking? Have some family in town now but they will have to hit the road in a few hours to drive home.

Btw: 7 Skolas kills this week, still only 1 weapon drop total (1 out of 17 chances), w00t.

What are the verdicts on 20/20 AMR7 and Uppercut Payload?

I've never heard of the first one and I think the second one is the other Crucible rocket launcher (besides Ash Factory)? If that's the one I'm thinking of, it doesn't have as good base stats as Ash or Radeghast so I wouldn't bother with it especially since all Legendaries are getting left behind in ~30 days.

HOOOOLY SHIT! Just made it to Mercury for the 2nd time, first on my Hunter, with back_speed and GutZ's brother ARES. Fantastic run guys! I also got the Hunter cloak and the Aaru's Passage shader... twice :D

Edit: I got a Solar Scholar.

back_speed still playing? Thought he quit. Must have been that Malaysian lag that got you to mercury :p

Kidding, congrats.

Mindlog

I'm not prepping at all. I want the new content to last as long as possible.
Leveling up a sub class is not something I want to spend a lot of time doing.
Using a sub class on the other hand :]

However, I've run into a problem.
The game is starting to chop off my Crucible bounties...
Is there a bug where having too much stuff in your postmaster means it screws up your bounties? Bungle working as intended?

Can confirm Lord of Wolves grants the Packing Heat Trophy
CL-4vk5WUAA9JG0.jpg:large

Top page trophy
Wait, why wouldn't it? Do some exotics not count? Also what's up with people claiming top of page in the middle of the page :p

So I finally got my first character to 34, whats the fastest way to get my others up to 20? Do I have to do the story missions?

When TTK drops everyone will get one consumable "boost" item that automatically increases a character's level to "the minimum for TTK." They haven't decided exactly what level that will be yet, but at least Lv20 is a safe bet. So I'd leave one newly created character as-is, then level the second however you prefer. Crucible is very fast if you like PvP, or just do all the bounties possible. Try to be high enough level to do all the story missions on the hardest difficulty for max XP.

Technically you don't have to do the story missions but then you won't unlock all the planets for that character, which is annoying.

RNG, as far as I know nothing is guaranteed in Destiny other that you get an exotic drop from the first completion of lvl 28 poe.

Guaranteed to get a weapon drop from your first Crota kill on each character. That... might be it.

Going to mercury isn't worthless. I don't think we know all the info about TTK yet, so:

1) Exotic Chance * 2. Most likely carried over.
2) Etheric Lights. I'm sure they'll convert to something if not used anymore.
3) Primary Elemental: who knows what cool things you can get when you break them down when TTK is out. Maybe nothing but who knows!

And most important, it's fun. Of course if it's just about the rewards and it isn't fun then it shouldn't be played. Do whatever is fun!

Guardian Lord! Thanks Gutz! Thanks D! Thanks Worthy! Thanks JxoxHxN! Thanks Owen!

DGAF is the best!

I guess I need to send the evidence to Drizzay yes?

After a measly 787 games, the journey to Trials True Skill rank 50 is complete, hooray. Another run-in with a lame t-bagging streamer and "top player" along the way, just for good measure.

Gotta take a break now but will probably be up for more Trials and/or Skolas later today.

Congrats Drizzay! You truly deserve it :)

PuMa

Calling Drizzay, Gutz, and any other old pals. My brother-in-law Chad is coming to hang out tonight. He doesn't own a console, but plays quite a bit on mine when we get together. Was thinking about trying to get some folks together tonight to run him through VoG-normal (on my account) to let him experience it. Overall he's probably spent less than 24 hours playing Destiny, but I think w/ my gear and me helping guide him he'd love it.
I'd be down

What are the verdicts on 20/20 AMR7 and Uppercut Payload?
The 20/20 AMR7 is pretty awful. The extremely high rof / lowest impact sniper rifles aren't super useful in either pve or crucible (3 body shots to kill!) to begin with, and the other rifle in this class, the Subtle Nudge DN7, has almost twice the stability and faster reload times, with no appreciable downside. Not sure why the 20/20 even exists.

The Uppercut Payload is pretty mediocre. Great default blast radius, but the velocity is really low compared to something like the Ash Factory or Radagast's fury. If it has javelin or hard launch on it, it would be a decent launcher to tide you over until you find something better.

LTWood12

I'd be down if you need another. Haven't run VoG in ages. What time?

Awesome. TBD, but probably looking to start around 8pm central give or take.

What time are you thinking? Have some family in town now but they will have to hit the road in a few hours to drive home.

Btw: 7 Skolas kills this week, still only 1 weapon drop total (1 out of 17 chances), w00t. .

Yeah not until this evening. Probably look to start between 8 & 9 if it works out.

How has no one ever called them out on the drop rate. Wish someone would've asked at Gamescom. Theres no way that's what's intended.

That, and some don't even understand the concept of revives :(

Going to need a Gaf carry at some point. I just want to go for the grimoire really

Wicked and Rubenov are running people all day, and I might be back on tonight to help, depending on what else is happening around here.

Not sure where they are at with any current carries but maybe Rubenov will post or send a PSN message (Wicked doesn't have a Gaf account).

https://youtu.be/rya8UzFTudA

When you're the trials MvP...

Also going 9-0 isn't so great when the rewards mean nothing anymore =(

For me, it has always been about the competition, the thrill of victory and agony of defeat. Loot is whatever, I just like the game mode and the fact that people are actually trying relative to normal Crucible.

DjRalford

Really got back into destiny now, I managed to convince the missus to take the kids out so I got a good 4 hours earlier in peace, pre ordered TTK too after reading the communication about it.

I still haven't run the crota raid yet since it released so if anyone runs it regularly and doesn't mind an old newbie to the crota raid add me on PS4 - DjRalford

Also looking to do the 32 PoE at some point.

DjRalford

Finally got a Thorn bounty, wonder if I should just wait for Taken King to finish it so it's at TTK attack values.

I just got the thorn bounty today, had the pocket Infinity one sat on the last stage since the start of the year. Need 70 more nightfall kills to complete it, might leave completing that until TTK drops

Mupod

Does Trial of Osiris work like Iron Banner with the level/gear taken into account? I'm not in a rush to do it or anything but damn I want that helmet. I use the iron banner shader and I bet it looks great with that. Just curious if I should fully upgrade Thorn or not. Funny thing about Thorn, I actually got it the night before it ate a huge 'unintentional' nerf and I stopped playing the day after they buffed it. So I haven't used it much but I see why it's popular.

Also I've got a bunch of those passage things from playing crucible all day, but I don't think I'm ready for srsbusiness pvp yet. I still feel like I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be so I kinda want more practice. And to at least hit 33 which I think I can do after some prison of elders runs.

Top Bottom