• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Juraash

So I have all day to play and I'm itching to so something more than bounties. I've never done PoE, but with my limited knowledge of it I'm struggling to see the value this close to the expansion. Is it still worth going through at least some of PoE?

Cause it's either that or so the heroic witch I've ignored all week and then sit in strike playlist and try for some shaders.

todd360

Second time seeing a hopscotch drop.....and it still isn't mine.

You guys are still trying to get that pulse rifle? Just staph! Its not worth it. Next month and its no good anymore. Plus the last word is still the last word in personal defense in da crucible anyways.

So I have all day to play and I'm itching to so something more than bounties. I've never done PoE, but with my limited knowledge of it I'm struggling to see the value this close to the expansion. Is it still worth going through at least some of PoE?

Cause it's either that or so the heroic witch I've ignored all week and then sit in strike playlist and try for some shaders.

I'd say play it just to experience it if nothing else.

I'll join the Flawless run then since Puma won't be able to unless you are gonna postpone.

I don't mind. I'll be doing Strikes and bounties all day.

ocean

Banned
You guys are still trying to get that pulse rifle? Just staph! Its not worth it. Next month and its no good anymore. Plus the last word is still the last word in personal defense in da crucible anyways.

I'd say play it just to experience it if nothing else.
Next month it'll still be viable in PvP if you're the kind of person who uses Pulse Rifles. Attack stat won't matter. Hoping that the real reason we stop using current stuff in a month is that we get better things :)

The Last Word is a beast, I like it way better than Thorn. Also it's gotta be my favorite gun to shoot, it's so unique compared everything else in the sandbox.

If you want to get the fancy Year 1 "Moments of Triumph" emblem you have to kill Skolas once (the final boss of the Lv35 PoE). It's a fun fight, worth doing at least once as long as you have a Lv34 character. Next week will have easier modifiers than this week though.

ocean

Banned
Man, I wish I could actually test those weapons lol

/edit

I guess I do not get those weapons for free, so which quests is the easiest to complete?
Thorn bounty has a PvP component that some people find challenging. If you don't play Crucible you might have a hard time getting a thorn, and then you'll never use it anyways since it only shines in PvP :p

maomaoIYP

I suck at using the last word, I'm a pulse rifle user.

Oynox

Not that I know of, but I recommend doing 5+ bounties and turning them in all at once.

I handed in only one single bounty and got it. I bet it depends a lot of luck, maybe a little bit of the level (I just hit 30 just before it) and the total number of bounties completed.

Mupod

Well I definitely made some serious progress since returning to the game yesterday...was 29 last night and now I'm halfway through 32 thanks to a Xur's engram giving me Purifier Robes. Used up some of my saved vanguard/crucible marks for the rest.

Either I'm very lucky or they buffed crucible loot - found an exotic there for my first time ever and I haven't even done that many matches. It was Fourth Horseman...any good? I found Thunderlord last night and I don't have an expansion heavy weapon so I was gonna use that instead. I upgraded Thorn too but I dunno about bringing that along for PVE.

Anyways, either I really suck with them now or fusion rifles got hit with the nerf bat while I was gone. Perun's Fire isn't the death machine it used to be, Plan C was working okay though. At least I die to weapons other than Suros Regime now.

todd360

Next month it'll still be viable in PvP if you're the kind of person who uses Pulse Rifles. Attack stat won't matter. Hoping that the real reason we stop using current stuff in a month is that we get better things :)

But you can get a omolon pulse with a liquid ammo display. DID YOU HEAR ME DGAF? A LIQUID AMMO DISPLAY!

nsF9Sai.jpg

Deku Tree

So I wonder if we get a new trailer plus a twitch reveal release schedule on IDK I'm guessing Tuesday?

Bungie usually thinks a reveal scedule is too big for a weekly update. And Tuesday seems like the natural day.

Nuszka

YEEEEEESSSSS!!! Finally the busiest annual week in my work has come to an end!!! Just need to get rejuvenated and I'm ready to Destiny!!!
17pv8zq0imq9ngif.gif

I don't know if I'm feeling the Matador, even wth aggressive ballistics and shot package. I feel like found verdict is better. Matador is so slow.
I finally rolled a matador with shot package and Agg/accurized ballistics, FV is great but I have a lot of trouble competing with the 1hit KO range of the felwinters right now using FV.

bitsurugi

Sorry Bits, we had already filled up. I was trying to get two first timers through, but if you want to do another run sometime I could probably oblige. Maybe get another newbie in the third spot.

Yea, poke me, last weeks i couldn't get anybody bothering to do it, no one doesn't care much for Skolas anymore, but i somehow still wish to do a weekly Skolas kill, just for the sake of it :)

Well, if you get a n00bi for another run, poke me, i am game.

Mindlog

Warlock all factions ready.
Hunter all factions ready.

Titan is a slow bastard.
Also have 10 daily rewards and 5 ready to be turned in 100 Rep bounties.
Also have 1 Red Bull XP booster on each character.

Ready for Day 1 maxxed third subclass.

LTWood12

Calling Drizzay, Gutz, and any other old pals. My brother-in-law Chad is coming to hang out tonight. He doesn't own a console, but plays quite a bit on mine when we get together. Was thinking about trying to get some folks together tonight to run him through VoG-normal (on my account) to let him experience it. Overall he's probably spent less than 24 hours playing Destiny, but I think w/ my gear and me helping guide him he'd love it.

Well I definitely made some serious progress since returning to the game yesterday...was 29 last night and now I'm halfway through 32 thanks to a Xur's engram giving me Purifier Robes. Used up some of my saved vanguard/crucible marks for the rest.

Either I'm very lucky or they buffed crucible loot - found an exotic there for my first time ever and I haven't even done that many matches. It was Fourth Horseman...any good? I found Thunderlord last night and I don't have an expansion heavy weapon so I was gonna use that instead. I upgraded Thorn too but I dunno about bringing that along for PVE.

Anyways, either I really suck with them now or fusion rifles got hit with the nerf bat while I was gone. Perun's Fire isn't the death machine it used to be, Plan C was working okay though. At least I die to weapons other than Suros Regime now.

They definitely buffed Crucible drops for Legendary weapons but afaik they didn't change exotic drop rates so you were just lucky :p

Fourth Horseman is great for PvE, lots of fun. Not so much in PvP when there are better Legendary grade shotguns. Thunderlord is a top PvP machine gun but rocket launchers have mostly taken over since they removed heavy ammo drops from killed enemies. It's still good for Arc burn PvE stuff. Thorn can be fun in PvE but it's really only effective in PvP.

Fusion rifles were nerfed significantly as you suspected, with the beam spread widened noticeably. Combined with the re-rollable super shotties like Felwinters and Matador, fusions are almost completely absent from PvP right now.

Warlock all factions ready.
Hunter all factions ready.

Titan is a slow bastard.
Also have 10 daily rewards and 5 ready to be turned in 100 Rep bounties.
Also have 1 Red Bull XP booster on each character.

Ready for Day 1 maxxed third subclass.

I'm not prepping at all. I want the new content to last as long as possible.

ocean

Banned
Calling Drizzay, Gutz, and any other old pals. My brother-in-law Chad is coming to hang out tonight. He doesn't own a console, but plays quite a bit on mine when we get together. Was thinking about trying to get some folks together tonight to run him through VoG-normal (on my account) to let him experience it. Overall he's probably spent less than 24 hours playing Destiny, but I think w/ my gear and me helping guide him he'd love it.
I'd be down if you need another. Haven't run VoG in ages. What time?

Really? D: And i selected the shotgun last night god damnit.
So many bugs, why is it broken to begin with D:

First countless hours trying to farm Husk before thats bugged and not dropping anymore, to now find out a trophy is bugged and only unlocks from 2 weapons which is RNG.
Bungie do you even gametest?

Try and upgrade the lord of wolves to Max, it might just be that dlc exotics work with the trophy. Worth a shot.

I'm not prepping at all. I want the new content to last as long as possible.

Yeah I don't feel like there's much reason to prepare rep turnovers. It really only mattered for TDB when we needed commendations fast (and then never needed them again). Especially considering how badly they've nerfed faction reward packages, I don't need any more Motes or Strange Coins. Unless they totally screw us on the Vanguard and Crucible Marks transition, I'll have 1200 total Marks to buy any Tower loot that looks interesting.

Top Bottom