• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

GutZ31

The Bearded Ladies Space Magic Flawless Extravaganza
Let the flawless hit the floor.
Lets do it PS4.
*sick guitar rip*

1. GutZ31 - The bearded lady avatar - SherpaDerp
  2. Owensboro - that shark high fiving a gorilla
  3. TheAquaticApe - the water ape
  4. JxOxHxNxSxOxN - Makeup Joker
  5. TheWorthyEdge - The good Hunter
  6. d-psipher - That guy with Bubbles

Lets try and get this set up within the hour.
The only thing I ask is that you bring your patience hat with you.

Good job everyone, smooth run. Congratulations to our new guardian lords.
*Some still need simple trophys*

P44

shit

alright lads and lasses

I've got 30 days to get the rest of the triumph stuff done on Xbox One and PS4. PS4's almost done outside of chests, but Xbox One lol i've got some shit to do.

ocean

Banned
Wait, why wouldn't it? Do some exotics not count? Also what's up with people claiming top of page in the middle of the page :p
I've read something about that trophy being bugged post HoW for old Exotics Blayne has something to do with them dropping at an attack stat higher than the original Vanilla max value? Unsure.

GutZ31

Calling Drizzay, Gutz, and any other old pals. My brother-in-law Chad is coming to hang out tonight. He doesn't own a console, but plays quite a bit on mine when we get together. Was thinking about trying to get some folks together tonight to run him through VoG-normal (on my account) to let him experience it. Overall he's probably spent less than 24 hours playing Destiny, but I think w/ my gear and me helping guide him he'd love it.

I wouldn't mind. Let me know a time frame. I am suppose to go out to dinner tonight, but can work it the later it is.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Do you guys feel like that 20 dollars between the legendary edition and collectors edition is going to be worth it? I mean with GCU I'd be saving more than 20 dollars between the two but I'm not sure what to bite on. I really do want the game digitally though. I feel like with the exotic class items things will go way too fast as far as leveling.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I've read something about that trophy being bugged post HoW for old Exotics Blayne has something to do with them dropping at an attack stat higher than the original Vanilla max value? Unsure.

Pre-HoW exotics you can still upgrade and get the trophy, but for HoW> dropped exotics they dont trigger the trophy, only is VoG Mytho and Elder Ciphers ones.

JTripper

Thanks again guys for that flawless run. I couldn't imagine a smoother attempt!

Odw68b7.jpg

What are the verdicts on 20/20 AMR7 and Uppercut Payload?

Unfortunately they are both pretty poor options.

20/20 has awful impact. It's 3 body shots to kill, so unless you're a headshot machine I'd recommend another sniper. Praedyth's and The Chosen are both better options for a similar stat archetype.

Uppercut Payload has good blast radius but the velocity is really slow. People will probably easily be able to blink out of your rockets if you use it. Ideally you want an ash factory or something close. The FWC and DO launchers are decent if you don't want to leave it to RNG.

Silvard

ReignOfSparrows has been amazing guy so far, brought me up to speed with the game (probably rekindling my passion for it) and even helped me get the Flawless Raider trophy that the jumping puzzle in VoG always denied me. Thanks man!

Congrats Drizzay! You truly deserve it :)

Thanks buddy! I've had a lot of fun (as well as a lot of stress...)

Holy cow Drizz, your stats in ToO are more then impressive! /bow

Thank you as well! I've been working hard, trying to get better. It's all about consistency, anybody can have a good game here or there. I'm trying to minimize scrub performances as much as possible. Trials is much better suited to my play style than other modes. I can't go back to 6v6 now.

I've decided to retire my Titan and Warlock from Trials until TTK. I haven't needed loot for awhile and I just don't enjoy playing them relative to my Hunter, who has much better stats. I'd much rather play well than maximize loot per week.

That's not bad. Are you leveling Bladedancer first?

No, I am working on gunslinger first. Was that a mistake?

I like golden gun as it's nuked me so many times lol :)

Got to work on getting 3 pieces of legendary armour as well. I figure if I use my titan to get armour cores I should at least be able to score two between now and Tuesday reset. Grind crucible for the last but need rep...arg

Another option is someone carrying my paper weight butt through 5 wins for armour in ToO. lol

Hmmm... I was just thinking. What is the point of having level advantages active in IB and Trials? It makes so little difference if you are within a level or two. They are already endgame crucible activities because the skill required. If the level advantage was taken away I doubt we'd notice much difference.

MrDaravon

Okay, does anyone know what Playlist the following maps show up in? Just started playing again 5-6 weeks ago after switching platforms from launch, and most of these maps I've never heard of, probably because I really don't play PvP. Not really finding anything online for this and not seeing a playlist breakdown on bnet unless I'm totally missing it somewhere. Just looking to score Grimoire cards/points.

Bastion
First Light
Skyshock
Thieves Den
Timekeeper
Widow's Court

I'm also missing Osiris and Lighthouse which I know are Trials which I just haven't done yet. I remember the first two maps on that list when I played at launch for like a month, but IIRC those are big team maps and there's no big team playlist in rotation right now?

ReignOfShadows has been amazing guy so far, brought me up to speed with the game (probably rekindling my passion for it) and even helped me get the Flawless Raider trophy that the jumping puzzle in VoG always denied him. Thanks man!

No problem. Happy to get people caught up for TTK. I've probably killed Crota more this week than any other.

I assume the bolded is just a pronoun mistake. VoG flawless was already an afterthought by the time I got the game and CE had been released.

Been meaning to ask this, but how long would it take to kill Crota on hard? As that's my last triumph oddly enough. Ran through that raid once on normal and didn't really like it as much as VoG so never bothered with hard mode.

I still somehow need Crota HM. Busy with chores but I'll try and keep an eye on the thread for when the run happens!

I can do this now if you guys want, also anyone else who needs it for the Triumph

Gratz to Gutz & Co, lots of new flawless raiders this weekend

Silvard

No problem. Happy to get people caught up for TTK. I've probably killed Crota more this week than any other.

I assume the bolded is just a pronoun mistake. VoG flawless was already an afterthought by the time I got the game and CE had been released.

Yeah, meant me, dunno how that got auto corrected, and also Sparrows!

I decided to do Salvage to get the trophy out of the way now, anyone up for that?

ich00

Calling Drizzay, Gutz, and any other old pals. My brother-in-law Chad is coming to hang out tonight. He doesn't own a console, but plays quite a bit on mine when we get together. Was thinking about trying to get some folks together tonight to run him through VoG-normal (on my account) to let him experience it. Overall he's probably spent less than 24 hours playing Destiny, but I think w/ my gear and me helping guide him he'd love it.

If my some is asleep when you start I'll join, 1st time VoG runs are fun!

No, I am working on gunslinger first. Was that a mistake?

I like golden gun as it's nuked me so many times lol :)

Got to work on getting 3 pieces of legendary armour as well. I figure if I use my titan to get armour cores I should at least be able to score two between now and Tuesday reset. Grind crucible for the last but need rep...arg

Another option is someone carrying my paper weight butt through 5 wins for armour in ToO. lol

Bladedancer is the best PvP subclass in the game. Golden Gun is a lot of fun though and a good introduction to how hunters play. I can grind some crucible with you tomorrow probably, maybe even try to do trials against the weaker Monday competition if we can find a third that can help compensate for your squishiness :).

Okay, does anyone know what Playlist the following maps show up in? Just started playing again 5-6 weeks ago after switching platforms from launch, and most of these maps I've never heard of, probably because I really don't play PvP. Not really finding anything online for this and not seeing a playlist breakdown on bnet unless I'm totally missing it somewhere. Just looking to score Grimoire cards/points.

Bastion
First Light
Skyshock
Thieves Den
Timekeeper
Widow's Court

I'm also missing Osiris and Lighthouse which I know are Trials which I just haven't done yet. I remember the first two maps on that list when I played at launch for like a month, but IIRC those are big team maps and there's no big team playlist in rotation right now?

The 1st 3 are in Combined Arms which should be back on Tuesday. The other 3 are in the clash/control Dlc playlist

Bastion
First Light
Skyshock
Thieves Den
Timekeeper
Widow's Court

Bastion and First Light are in Combined Arms, which isn't in rotation right now. Thieves' Den, Timekeeper, Widow's Court, are HoW specific, so the top two playlists should work this week (I think).

No idea how to up your chances for Skyshock. It used to be in the TDB playlists, but those don't appear anymore. I would assume it appears in Combined Arms, though.

ich00

Does anyone have a nm Gorgon cp?

I saved one last night, then used that character to help another newbie raid, so lost my cp.

Thanks buddy! I've had a lot of fun (as well as a lot of stress...)

Thank you as well! I've been working hard, trying to get better. It's all about consistency, anybody can have a good game here or there. I'm trying to minimize scrub performances as much as possible. Trials is much better suited to my play style than other modes. I can't go back to 6v6 now.

I've decided to retire my Titan and Warlock from Trials until TTK. I haven't needed loot for awhile and I just don't enjoy playing them relative to my Hunter, who has much better stats. I'd much rather play well than maximize loot per week.

You have 4 more weeks before Trials go offline, keep on ascending the ladder till then :)

Another awesome final game (flawless) victory... Shows teams facing each other, just our team, match starts and instant victory. Guess they quit or got booted. I'll take it!

And to make things even more amusing, i was the only one in our fireteam to go to mercury.

One player forgot to get mercy boon, so he had a loss.

Other person had to step away for a few min (DURING A MATCH) and got booted for inactivity, so he got a loss.

I WIN

Just catching up on the thread and want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes last night... I totally posted and passed out.

Also, I really had fun raiding with sushi, nami, and a few people that are new to GAF raiding.

And... Congrats on the true skill ranking! As always, I had a bunch of fun getting to the lighthouse with you and wicked. I even managed to get a few kills.

Last but not least, great to see so many new flawless raiders. I knew it was a lock when I saw that GutZ was sherpaing.

Edit: AND...Durden with a hunter! It's been a long time coming. Glad you're having fun with it.

Bladedancer is the best PvP subclass in the game. Golden Gun is a lot of fun though and a good introduction to how hunters play. I can grind some crucible with you tomorrow probably, maybe even try to do trials against the weaker Monday competition if we can find a third that can help compensate for your squishiness :).

The 1st 3 are in Combined Arms which should be back on Tuesday. The other 3 are in the clash/control Dlc playlist

That would be cool, thanks! I'd be up for trying.

Will do my best to get some armour between now and tomorrow. PoE armour cores I think. I wish I had saved some.

Top Bottom