• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Baliis

Thanks to x__xo__o for the flawless, got another Gjallarhorn out of the Silver package lol.

Got a Universal Remote out of the chest too, but who cares.

deafmedal

Fuck me... ordered The Witcher last night, should be here tomorrow. Don't really want to play anything but Destiny today-Driveclub ain't hitting that itch. Will log on in a minute, so my self imposed break will last ~13 hours... I'm weak, and a glutton for punishment as I will head right back into PvP :(

Anyone need a third for Trials
I suck :p

Mindlog

Is there a bug where having too much stuff in your postmaster means it screws up your bounties? Bungle working as intended?
Confirmed.
There is some memory limitation that's screwing up my ability to pick up Crucible bounties. When I get rid of stuff at my postmaster the menu returns to normal. As my postmaster fills I lose Crucible bounties. I vaguely remember Bungie saying something about being careful with Red Bull codes causing a similar problem.

Welp, no more Crucible for me soon.

GutZ31

Just catching up on the thread and want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes last night... I totally posted and passed out.

Also, I really had fun raiding with sushi, nami, and a few people that are new to GAF raiding.

And... Congrats on the true skill ranking! As always, I had a bunch of fun getting to the lighthouse with you and wicked. I even managed to get a few kills.

Last but not least, great to see so many new flawless raiders. I knew it was a lock when I saw that GutZ was sherpaing.

Edit: AND...Durden with a hunter! It's been a long time coming. Glad you're having fun with it.

Hope you got some good rest on your birthday.
Those guys are always fun to raid with.
Drizzay getting to level 50 True Skill is insane, but not unbelievable. Guy is a beast.
The flawless run was just that, flawless. Everyone did awesome. Couldn't have asked for better team play.

And Durden has finally fallen to the dark side. He will soon know the thrills of dying from being so squishy.

Hmmm... I was just thinking. What is the point of having level advantages active in IB and Trials? It makes so little difference if you are within a level or two. They are already endgame crucible activities because the skill required. If the level advantage was taken away I doubt we'd notice much difference.

Yeah it's pretty pointless unless someone is maybe Lv30 or lower. TLW crit does 112 instead of 111 to a Lv33 enemy, whoopity-doo. Nghtly always plays as a Lv33 (he said it was his favorite number during one stream) and he's the top ranked Playstation Trials player.

I killed Skolas last night with Stabie and Wicked. 2 weapon drops and an Elder Cipher. RNGesus works in mysterious ways. :p

I played a little with Wicked and Rubenov this morning, and he mentioned that "somehow" you 3 ended up doing Skolas, which made me laugh. It didn't sound like anyone's favorite activity. Did Stabie get one of the weapons? Because he got the one and only drop I've seen so far this week, back on Tuesday.

I've seen lots of Elder Ciphers drop, at least one per kill. Those are more exciting for Skolas newbies trying to collect exotics anyway.

I played a little with Wicked and Rubenov this morning, and he mentioned that "somehow" you 3 ended up doing Skolas, which made me laugh. It didn't sound like anyone's favorite activity. Did Stabie get one of the weapons? Because he got the one and only drop I've seen so far this week, back on Tuesday.

I've seen lots of Elder Ciphers drop, at least one per kill. Those are more exciting for Skolas newbies trying to collect exotics anyway.

Yeah, it just sort of happened lol. Was actually fun though.

Stabie got a Six Dreg Pride and Wicked got a Wolfslayer's Claw. I got the Elder Cipher, which I'd rather have.

stn

Hey all. Can the campaign be played co-op? Figure I'm gonna beat it before I venture into multiplayer, just want to see if I have to do it alone.

MrDaravon

The 1st 3 are in Combined Arms which should be back on Tuesday. The other 3 are in the clash/control Dlc playlist

Bastion and First Light are in Combined Arms, which isn't in rotation right now. Thieves' Den, Timekeeper, Widow's Court, are HoW specific, so the top two playlists should work this week (I think).

No idea how to up your chances for Skyshock. It used to be in the TDB playlists, but those don't appear anymore. I would assume it appears in Combined Arms, though.

Thanks! I've done everything this week except I still need to do 32/34 PoE on two characters and I've never attempted Trials. I'm sitting on 4 goddamn exotic bounties on my Hunter, one of which is the PvP part of Thorn and since I just got a Word of Crota yesterday figured I'd give that a go and might as well try to combine that with getting some Grimorie cards.

I'll be back on in like 20, Reign if you're going to run PoE anymore today let me know, I should be around until like 10pm EST or so tonight. Otherwise going to probably try to knock out the Crucible part of this Thorn bounty and maybe some of the other ones. Within the last day I picked up fresh bounties for Bad Juju and Pocket Inifnity (both of which I already have) and the Super Good Advice (which I don't). Debating on if I want to get the duplicates or not. I personally like Bad Juju so I'll probably grab another one of those, but not sure if I want to grind out another Pocket Infinity honestly. Wish we knew more about how TK in regards to exotics and upgrading etc.

btkadams

i feel way less into playing this since hearing none of our legendaries will be upgradeable to the new cap in a month.

what are other people's thoughts? i just feel like i'll be wasting time playing before september now. i guess i can still go for exotics. those will upgrade, right?

Izuna

Banned
Making a TITAN...

I don't need Hunters and I don't need no stupid Warlock.

I would have everything for both classes though, if I bothered to keep their exotic armours. Damn.

ocean

Banned
i feel way less into playing this since hearing none of our legendaries will be upgradeable to the new cap in a month.

what are other people's thoughts? i just feel like i'll be wasting time playing before september now. i guess i can still go for exotics. those will upgrade, right?
I've had all the loot I want for months, I keep playing because I have fun. If you're only in it to get loot, then playing now probably makes no sense.

shem935

Banned

Unless they wanted a double dose of disappointing news then they will probably let them ascend. Otherwise they would have said those don't ascend either.

btkadams

I've had all the loot I want for months, I keep playing because I have fun. If you're only in it to get loot, then playing now probably makes no sense.

yeah, it's definitely still fun. i'll admit the loot is a huge draw for me though. i still need that damn crux.

anyone running crota hard?

The real problem with no matchmaking is that fucking idiot strangers have the power to boot you from the fireteam.

I have a full time job and a 6-month old and don't have time to waste an hour doing PoE just to get booted at the end for no reason. This shit is Bungie's fault. I'm out.

edit: "that's why you should play with GAF" doesn't apply here because I'm on Xbox.

bitsurugi

Thank you as well! I've been working hard, trying to get better. It's all about consistency, anybody can have a good game here or there. I'm trying to minimize scrub performances as much as possible. Trials is much better suited to my play style than other modes. I can't go back to 6v6 now.

I've decided to retire my Titan and Warlock from Trials until TTK. I haven't needed loot for awhile and I just don't enjoy playing them relative to my Hunter, who has much better stats. I'd much rather play well than maximize loot per week.

I know what you feel, same here. Skirmish/Salvage/ToO is just way more tactical, every player skill counts. Also, much less laggy.

I killed Skolas last night with Stabie and Wicked. 2 weapon drops and an Elder Cipher. RNGesus works in mysterious ways. :p

I've gotten 12 or so Elder Ciphers, at this point I am aborting them as soon as I get them as I have 2 of all of the new exotic weapons earned in the bounty. I only need/want the Wolve's Leash II drop from Skolas as I have all the elemental primaries as well with the exception of the scout rifle. Trying/hoping to get it to drop is turning into a real struggle especially during the lightswitch weeks.

sikkinixx

So... just to confirm... there is no way to port characters over from one platform to another right? Basically I had PS4 destiny at launch, friends all bailed so I sold it. Brother-in-law got it on Xbox so I've put in a couple hundred hours there. But now a bunch more people I know have it on PS4 (plus a lot of gaffers) so I was wondering about swapping back (plus more content).

So... just to confirm... there is no way to port characters over from one platform to another right? Basically I had PS4 destiny at launch, friends all bailed so I sold it. Brother-in-law got it on Xbox so I've put in a couple hundred hours there. But now a bunch more people I know have it on PS4 (plus a lot of gaffers) so I was wondering about swapping back (plus more content).

You can't cross over characters between Xbox and Playstation systems, but your PS4 characters will still be there as long as you just sold your game and didn't actually delete your characters. All of your character data is saved on Bungie's servers, linked through your PSN profile. You don't need your original game copy.

Top Bottom