• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

MrDaravon

Possibly, me and a friend alone did it, just let him go hide and i made my way to him as he killed me.
Its probably faster to do it normally if you are good in PvP and have the Void weapons for it, if not its a pain.

Oh sure, but I'm talking about the 100 Rumble wins Grimoire card, not the Thorn bounty specifically.

LTWood12

I've had all the loot I want for months, I keep playing because I have fun. If you're only in it to get loot, then playing now probably makes no sense.

The creators of them no longer play, so no way to add new people to the clans.
Better to use an active one with a founder that is playing currently.

I'm gonna jump in to grab the cp if that's ok,

That didn't take long. Did you guys have to wipe at all?

What time are you thinking? Have some family in town now but they will have to hit the road in a few hours to drive home.

Btw: 7 Skolas kills this week, still only 1 weapon drop total (1 out of 17 chances), w00t.

I've never heard of the first one and I think the second one is the other Crucible rocket launcher (besides Ash Factory)? If that's the one I'm thinking of, it doesn't have as good base stats as Ash or Radeghast so I wouldn't bother with it especially since all Legendaries are getting left behind in ~30 days.

8ish central work for yall?

Liamc723

It's tough to find people to raid with I still haven't gotten to raid and I have had the game since day one. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have friends to play with.

I can't even find anyone to do nightfall with because bungie refuses to add matchmaking so I guess I'm going to try it solo.

You're posting in a thread that multiple times a day has people asking to do Nightfalls and raid, respond to them.

It's tough to find people to raid with I still haven't gotten to raid and I have had the game since day one. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have friends to play with.

I can't even find anyone to do nightfall with because bungie refuses to add matchmaking so I guess I'm going to try it solo.
There's tons of people here to raid with and NF...

Tecnniqe

Banned
Oh sure, but I'm talking about the 100 Rumble wins Grimoire card, not the Thorn bounty specifically.

Oh. Well ill probably never get that.
PvP way too RNG for me. So much lag/desync and whatever most of the time. And trade killing.

However the few matches that are perfectly synced up and good connection is amazing.
But P2P gonna P2P i guess.

There's tons of people here to raid with and NF...

Really cuz I just asked and nothing been waiting at least 30 mins now.

Really no excuse for bungie to not have matchmaking on nightfall it's not that hard.

As far as raiding goes I check the thread occasionally but it's always hard mode which I don't think I can even do if I haven't played the raid before?

Tecnniqe

Banned

Really no excuse for bungie to not have matchmaking on nightfall it's not that hard.

As far as raiding goes I check the thread occasionally but it's always hard mode which I don't think I can even do if I haven't played the raid before?

There's been like 2(?) flawless CE runs alone (normal mode) in the last few hours, which you can join perfectly fine if you get on it in time. When i got mine we had someone who'd never done the raid (as far as i understood it) and we had maybe 5-6 attempts total, most of those was the raid bugging out or someone jumping off cliffs :D

You can do hard mode if you haven't raided. You just can't be the fireteam leader.

Namikaze1

I can squeeze in a raid run at 7 PM Eastern. So in less than two hours and 40 minutes. PS4 of course. VoG Hard Mode.

1) namikaze1
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I'll take anyone as long as you meet the minimum requirements for that raid (level 27)

Also, if we don't beat it before TD is on (we obviously will beat it long before that), you will have to find a replacement.

Mupod

I can squeeze in a raid run at 7 PM Eastern. So in less than two hours and 40 minutes. PS4 of course. VoG Hard Mode.

1) namikaze1
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I'll take anyone as long as you meet the minimum requirements for that raid (level 27)

Also, if we don't beat it before TD is on (we obviously will beat it long before that), you will have to find a replacement.

Sign me up - Mupodpsn

I haven't done hard mode but I'm 33 and did VoG a couple times a long time ago. Took a long break from the game.

I agree NFalls should have optional MM, as long as there were some restrictions on using it (can't be under leveled for example).

For NF, you can use destinylfg.net or the reddit fire teams 100 (links in OP) to draw from larger player pools. Since the activities are pretty simple like you said, most people have decent luck with LFG sites.

ocean

Banned
You can only have a fireteam of 3 in Rumble. But if you have 6, you can make 2 teams and try to force matchmaking so your teams are pitted against each other. After that you can stay in the same lobby for as many matches as you want.

I've seen clans use this for practice. I saw 13devils Rumble for like an hour once and it was completely ridiculous :p but my first thought was immediately the Thorn bounty tbh.

Namikaze1

Also, I broke my mic this morning so I'll be going without one. Won't be able to get a replacement till tomorrow. By now, I'm sure folks know the VoG mechanics.

You can't play HM until you do Normal if you're running it. But a few of us run Noobie raids through the week. Keep your eye out.
Sometimes you gotta post more then once to get responses. Also most of us have already done the NF for the week. If you can try to ask on Tuesday or Wednesday it'll be a lot easier.
Not disagreeing with you tho. NF and PoE 32 should have LFG or MM.

1) namikaze1
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

How long does it usually take I'm lvl 34 but haven't done the raids yet.

I would love to if you don't mind

You can't play HM until you do Normal. But a few of us run Noobie raids through the week. Keep your eye out.
Sometimes you gotta post more then once to get responses. Also most of us have already done the NF for the week. If you can try to ask on Tuesday or Wednesday it'll be a lot easier.

I know that's why I can't find anyone cuz I'm late. Which is why I'm annoyed really no reason nightfall doesn't have matchmaking.

So I can't do the hard mode raid then?

Namikaze1

How long does it usually take I'm lvl 34 but haven't done the raids yet.

I would love to if you don't mind
45 minutes to an hour. My flawless VoG hard mode run took just less than 45 minutes to complete though that was with a team full of folks who knew the mechanics like the back of their hands. I won't have a mic but I'm sure the others will explain the mechanics in my stead.

NeOak

1) namikaze1
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I'll go. I need shards lol

It's really not tough. I haven't seen you post here before but I would recommend doing so when you want to do a particular activity. This community is active and will help you out.

100 Rumble wins this way would be funny.

Trust me, I've considered it. After avoiding it like the plague, I've started to bite the bullet and grind out Rumble wins. I've been lucky to win 10 of 11 matches so far but I can't stand Rumble, so boring. Just have to get lucky and hope the 3-4 scrubs in the lobby feed you enough kills before the other 1-2 decent players get them.

Yeah, should be fine. I'll throw up a post if something interferes.

Namikaze1

I know that's why I can't find anyone cuz I'm late. Which is why I'm annoyed really no reason nightfall doesn't have matchmaking.

So I can't do the hard mode raid then?
You can join someone who has already done normal for hard if they're the fireteam leader. Since I'll be the leader, you can do hard mode.

It's really not tough. I haven't seen you post here before but I would recommend doing so when you want to do a particular activity. This community is active and will help you out.

I have posted in this thread plenty I have several people from this thread currently on my friends list. The thread moves fast and is not a good replacement for matchmaking and a good lfg system.

ocean

Banned
I'll let you know if I have to step out. Might be a little too late here in Eyrope but I've been having trouble sleeping lately anyways so I think I'll make it.
Trust me, I've considered it. After avoiding it like the plague, I've started to bite the bullet and grind out Rumble wins. I've been lucky to win 10 of 11 matches so far but I can't stand Rumble, so boring. Just have to get lucky and hope the 3-4 scrubs in the lobby feed you enough kills before the other 1-2 decent players get them.
I think it's fun with a party, even f there's just 2 or 3 of you. Like not even trying to cheese on purpose but being "allies" and calling out and basically targetting the Randoms makes it funny. Or going at it against your buddy can also be fun :p

With Randoms and all alone I don't have much fun there. I consider going 1.0+ a win for me to lower the blow of how seldom I actually get first place instead of my consistent second place performance :p

Daemul

lol rumble. I haven't played that mode in months, it's a clusterfuck. It's the mode where I would once recommend people to go and play in order to get better at PvP in order to improve their 1v1's and positioning, but you ain't learning shit when you're constantly going up against sniper shotguns and OP handcannons, other than to use those weapons yourself if you want to stand a chance.

Once the patch drops I'll probably step in there again, so that I get the wins I need.

I have posted in this thread plenty I have several people from this thread currently on my friends list. The thread moves fast and is not a good replacement for matchmaking and a good lfg system.

If you're really struggling try www.the100.io you can schedule a raid for when your free

All the lag switchers seem to have moved into normal crucible, where no doubt they hope there shenanigans will be lost in the mess it already is

Most probably from the last month I just started playing the game again.but it has to be more than that. Does it count previous OT?

I forgot you can't criticize this game without being attacked here. Maybe you should dog deeper into my post history since you have nothing better to do with your time.

This thread in particular has moved quicker than normal recently. But that is due to the epic amount of info dropped at gamescon.

In my experience I've never really struggled to get numbers for any activity unless it is 8-10am BST / GMT.

There are so many active people here that occasionally posts from new people slip under the radar. That said, people here love to show new guys the raids since we consider it top tier gaming. Make a stink about it being your first time, and people will be tripping over each other to help you through.

Rhaegar

Are you a Trials maven on the XBone?! Well, friend, if you are I'm thrilled to offer a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

For one time only you can be part of the team that helps me finish off my Trials armor set by making it to 5 wins and getting the Titan helmet. I'm not terrible at PVP and have all the dirtbag weapons and Trials coins anyone could ever want, so I'm not completely helpless. I've also already been carried kicking and screaming to Mercury by the most honorable Unstable and Lima, so please don't feel like I'm asking for perfection (although the Jewel is also my most desired weapon from Trials-- just saying).

I'm at work for the next 18 hours so tonight is out, but will probably be on tomorrow (Monday) night at 9 or 10 eastern time. My GT is Ev0lved1.

Help me DGAF, you're my only hope.

1). Ev0lved1
2). ?
3). ?

1) namikaze1
2) constantsatic
3)
4)
5)
6)

I'm down my psn id is crocodileslogic.

Top Bottom