• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

What are the best all-around legendary weapons in each class of weapon?

I know a lot of VoG weapons would make that list. Is the fusion rifle as good as most of the others?

I know a lot of VoG weapons would make that list. Is the fusion rifle as good as most of the others?

I mean it's okay, they are weird about balancing the fusion rifles, they buffed them, then nerf them and now they are nerfing them again in 2.0. But they are fun in PvE, just dont expect to compete with them in PVP

rc213

I mean it's okay, they are weird about balancing the fusion rifles, they buffed them, then nerf them and now they are nerfing them again in 2.0. But they are fun in PvE, just dont expect to compete with them in PVP

There's a few that can wreck in pvp right now. Snakebite Surgeon is one that has been prevalent lately in crucible.

Big shoutout to ReignofSparrows for helping me with the last part of my Thorn quest, as well as the PoE runs.

2 weeks ago I hadn't even raided, now this week I've done all the Raids on all of my characters as well as 32/34 PoE except for one more 34 I need to do tomorrow, all thanks to GAFers. Next week I'm hoping to finally check out Trials, then maybe hopefully Skolas. My Hunter is set at 34 with the gear setup I want, I need some decent gloves for my Warlock (I have a Ram, my current glove options suck) and a Saint-14 for my Titan though.

And I would like to thank you and ReignofSparrows for letting me join in your POE run, I was finally able to get to lvl 33

edit: Also I would like to apologize for all those deaths on PoE 34.

There's a few that can wreck in pvp right now. Snakebite Surgeon is one that has been prevalent lately in crucible.

That is one of the very few FRs that remind me of the Vanilla FRs, which I thought were the best, the FRs in the expansions haven't been great.

Frenden

Banned

Defacto best is hard to quantify, but my favorites are:

Hand Cannons
Fatebringer
Fulcrum
Red Hand
Revelator

Pulse Rifles
Hopscotch Pilgrim
55A All Fate

Snipers
Her Benevolence
Pre-HoW Spear
LDR
Prudence II
Praedyth's

Shotguns
Found Verdict
Matador/Felwinter/Party Crasher/Judgement
Dry Rot

Fusions
Give/Take
Snakebite
(I don't use these a lot.)

HMG
BTRD w/aggballs
Jolder's

Launchers
Radeghast's
Ash Factory

rc213

Gonna have to scratch this, apparently I can't use the checkpoint on my titan without first clearing normal. Which I haven't done on titan. Bleeeeh. Wasted run I did earlier

You can load in with whatever toon u used and give the checkpoint to someone else in the party then switch to your other toon.

I think i have Gorgons, I can probably run it too Atheon easy.

If anyone is interested for getting the 250 strikes grimoire out of the way, doing the Devils Lair counts as 3 strikes

I just got done doing this, did phogoth about 40x. It's way faster than sepiks. Takes 7-10 mins, as long as you have 3 people in the strike it counts as 3, and I match made the whole damn thing. Sometimes you get lucky and get matched into one at the end. Sometimes you get unlucky and two dudes leave at the end though.

Know this is a slightly old post but if you don't mind could I apply to join SoM? Seen you guys stream and you're probably above my skill level but I'm decent at stealing kills. I just don't(and never have had) a solid trials team in a similar timezone.

Apply and I'm sure Robinson will accept, you can usually form Trials groups with most of us each week, Tears/Robinson are an in demand duo though so don't feel bad if you don't get to run with them much, they just don't always have the time. We've added a few new people recently so it's a good time to find a team within SoM that you work well with too.

Thanks for answering Blaze!
Just saw the request and accepted it, welcome! Add me on PSN if you want and I can add you to the group chat (only if you want to and are prepared for LFG/shenanigan spam, best to turn off notifications in PvP). We try to play Trials with as many as we can, but as Blaze said it is hard for us to play with everyone during our limited time. Also, there's no such thing as being under our skill level, I personally trade 11-0's with 5-5's. The only consistent things are Tears blinking off the map and nova bombing the wall, and Blaze being Blaze :p

Baliis

I had an awesome time with these guys and after a few tries went flawless. Always lost to bs! Glad we could get it done in the end.

DestinyGAF is full of great PvPers and everyone is pretty knowledgeable about the game. Very refreshing.

I am am looking to run trials as well. Pan is d-psipher.

Yes, thanks for the awesome games. Uploading a few highlights right now, will post um in a minute.

SheHateMe

Ugh. Had to give up on Skolas. Gotta work in the AM.

He's difficult, but I gained a lot of experience and know-how. Hopefully the reset will clear out lightswitch. Got him down to ~30% with two 34's and a 33, but the game lagged and we wiped.

I could taste that triumph. So close.

Anybody else got some tips for me in the future? And by future, I mean less than 48 hours?

darknil

Finally got to upgrade my Vision of Confluence, gotta use it this month!

I saw that one group was close to end of Atheon, that's still up?

At 4-4 in a match. If we lose our run is over. Worthy goes down and all the enemies bunch up on his orb. They've got a Titan with his super up but I pop my bladedancer and go in. I see the Titan right in front of me and I hit him! But the hit doesn't register and he uses his fist of havoc as soon as I get my second hit on him and I die.

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

tl;dr forgot to use razors edge lol

Got really tired of some of the very common BS in Destiny, so I decided to take a break from it. Well, a friend asked me to help him with Trials of Osiris to try and get to 7 wins. We tried multiple times, but had constant issues with people suddenly "lagging" away from grenades or supers and at the same time reviving dead teammates who were covered with no one able to see them on the screen, being shot through walls, and the other random assortment of BS that happens in Destiny's PVP.

Decided I am done with Destiny. The PVP has only gotten worse and worse as time goes on and its not like the PVE is worth playing all the time either. I will not be buying the expansion at launch and the only way i will play it before Christmas is if someone gifts it to me as a birthday or Christmas gift. After Christmas, I'll check with DestinyGAF and see if things improved or not. I wish you all the best

ok cya

ocean

Banned

Hand Cannons: Fatebringer is everything you need to know in PvE. For PvP, all of the Exotics are ridiculous.

Scout Rifles: Salvation State and NL Shadow can be rolled to be super interesting. Something like Full Auto + Hidden Hand and a stability perk in the middle is killer. VoC is still lauded a lot but tbh it's an just a Scout with Solar damage, nothing special beyond that.

Shotguns: Found Verdict and Invective are pretty darn useful in PvE. For PvP, the flavor of the month is super high impact/range shotties. Matador 64, Party Crasher +1, Felwinter's Lie and Judgment VI are probably the top of the pack.

Snipers: This one is tricky. Depends so damn much on your play style. I like hard hitting, slow firing in PvE. So I have an Efrideet's Speer in each element, hits like a truck. Ice Breaker and Black Hammer are basics. For PvP, whatever floats your boat, but overall I'd say Her Benevolence with a good roll is your best choice. Shadow of Veils (PoE) is also very good.

Rocket Launchers: Gjallarhorn still rules PvE, it does somewhere between 1.5 and 2x as much as any other rocket launcher. For PvP you want something with high velocity and blast radius, rolled for Tripod/ProximityDet. Favorites: Ash Factory, Radegast's Fury.

Machine Guns: BTRD is the best. Except for a super rare, super lucky drop: a green Machine Gun called Xerxes-C. If you happen to be lucky enough to get it to drop with Aggressive Ballistics + Focused Fire, it's the fastest killing machine gun in the game. PvP obviously, being green it's worthless in PvE :p

Fusion Rifles: haven't kept up with these, sorry

Pulse Rifles: ew, why would you use one. I hear Hopscotch Pilgrim is good. But ew. (kidding. sort of.)

XenoRaven

I majored in it, but I slept through most of my classes lol. What do u need help with?
I figured it out. I'm just a really big stupid dumb idiot.

We're getting a basic introduction into Assembly Language, and the program I wrote kept failing. I couldn't figure out why, but then I realized I wrote "PRT" for print instead of "PNT" and that's why it wouldn't work.

I figured it out. I'm just a really big stupid dumb idiot.

We're getting a basic introduction into Assembly Language, and the program I wrote kept failing. I couldn't figure out why, but then I realized I wrote "PRT" for print instead of "PNT" and that's why it wouldn't work.

haha, yeah. It's always the stupidest shit like a missing semicolon or a spelling error.

ahhhhhh assembly... another thing they teach you that you'll never use in the industry :p. Unless ur writing viruses or hacking executables i guess heh.
I friggin loved assembly though. Are you writing x86 assembly?

Thanks for answering Blaze!
Just saw the request and accepted it, welcome! Add me on PSN if you want and I can add you to the group chat (only if you want to and are prepared for LFG/shenanigan spam, best to turn off notifications in PvP). We try to play Trials with as many as we can, but as Blaze said it is hard for us to play with everyone during our limited time. Also, there's no such thing as being under our skill level, I personally trade 11-0's with 5-5's. The only consistent things are Tears blinking off the map and nova bombing the wall, and Blaze being Blaze :p

Welcome to all new members! Think we lost Biggy yesterday, but all in all we keep on growing.

We got some pretty amazing people in SoM now, both in terms of personality and skill, so try to group up with some of us sometime soon! Feel free to add me on PSN as well.

As Blaze and EJ said, we do a lot of Trials runs in the weekends, we must have completed at least 10 Mercury runs again this week, but our time is finite. Do try to group up with other clanmembers, as there are more than enough awesome people in it who can help out with a Mercury run. (Except Blaze, he only drops donuts).

Don't pay attention to Robinson, he is just salty I steal his kills all the time. I never suicide!

XenoRaven

haha, yeah. It's always the stupidest shit like a missing semicolon or a spelling error.

ahhhhhh assembly... another thing they teach you that you'll never use in the industry :p. Unless ur writing viruses or hacking executables i guess heh.
I friggin loved assembly though. Are you writing x86 assembly?
Sent you a PM since my post probably gets a little technical for the DGAF thread.

btkadams

i'm finally working on a different character class. the platinum trophy actually seems somewhat in reach now...

i feel like all the clan-related ones are going to be more difficult than flawless raider. no one ever seems to accept my application to clans lol. i think i apply to inactive ones.

rc213

https://youtu.be/EVFwLneQJk8

Wow, Probably my best match with my Hopscotch Pilgrim ever. Still lost since they had a lag switcher on their team.

Any PvP players care to critique, Give pointers. I would appreciate it very much as I would like to try Trials again soon.

Top Bottom