• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

rc213

What the hell was wrong with that one guy shooting at you in the match? Lol

The lag switcher was blinking all around us but he couldn't kill him. That was hilarious before i realized what was happening i was like what the hell is he doing wasting heavy.

Raybunny

Was doing clash solo, but will farm for the pilgrim.

Anyone want to join in?

https://youtu.be/EVFwLneQJk8

Wow, Probably my best match with my Hopscotch Pilgrim ever. Still lost since they had a lag switcher on their team.

Any PvP players care to critique, Give pointers. I would appreciate it very much as I would like to try Trials again soon.

For some reason for me looked like a very slow match. Its nice to see other ppls gameplays

rc213

Wow, Lag switcher just walked up to me waved and my system proceeded to basically lock up for the rest of the match. Couldn't move, Everyone else just left the match before i ejected the disk. Lol some people are scum.

That's probably it for me tonight, ridiculous.

THANK YOU again maomao and Hammon, I've been after this 4th horseman for so long. A successful Mercury trip got it for me, and I was so excited by the 4th horseman I didn't even notice I copped a solar jewel too!!

Man, final boss with no mercy before Mercury sends me a message, "dance party at our spawn, 1 round" We all said screw that and killed them for 3 rounds. Then on heavy they killed us, thanks to a suppressor grenade. We lost the next two rounds. It was tied up 3-3. We barely scraped the next two out. We were all ready to be super embarrassed if we lost with that much of a lead.

nOoblet16

https://youtu.be/EVFwLneQJk8

Wow, Probably my best match with my Hopscotch Pilgrim ever. Still lost since they had a lag switcher on their team.

Any PvP players care to critique, Give pointers. I would appreciate it very much as I would like to try Trials again soon.
You don't move enough and rely on the enemy following the same pattern i.e. trying to attack you from the same spot again and again. If I was in that game against you I'd have ran around and hit you from your back by the time you got your 5 kill streak or threw an arc bolt or trip mine from the side (near the wheel to your left) to make you run towards the beach or just outright kill you (tripmines are very powerful in corridors against opponents who don't move much)

Also that's not a lag switcher, that's just a lagger. A lag switcher would most definitely end up on top or near the top of the table as they use the lag in such a way that it only lags when they want it to giving them a massive advantage over everybody compared to a lagger who has to deal with lag throughout making. Basically the way I'd put it is that not all red bar players who top the scoreboard are lag switchers but no lag switcher will be the bottom of the table.

maomaoIYP

THANK YOU again maomao and Hammon, I've been after this 4th horseman for so long. A successful Mercury trip got it for me, and I was so excited by the 4th horseman I didn't even notice I copped a solar jewel too!!

Man, final boss with no mercy before Mercury sends me a message, "dance party at our spawn, 1 round" We all said screw that and killed them for 3 rounds. Then on heavy they killed us, thanks to a suppressor grenade. We lost the next two rounds. It was tied up 3-3. We barely scraped the next two out. We were all ready to be super embarrassed if we lost with that much of a lead.

Big thanks to both of you guys! I went from no mercury to three times this week, with all my characters too!
That final boss fight was such a close call, damn glad we pulled through.

Thanks for answering Blaze!
Just saw the request and accepted it, welcome! Add me on PSN if you want and I can add you to the group chat (only if you want to and are prepared for LFG/shenanigan spam, best to turn off notifications in PvP). We try to play Trials with as many as we can, but as Blaze said it is hard for us to play with everyone during our limited time. Also, there's no such thing as being under our skill level, I personally trade 11-0's with 5-5's. The only consistent things are Tears blinking off the map and nova bombing the wall, and Blaze being Blaze :p

Welcome to all new members! Think we lost Biggy yesterday, but all in all we keep on growing.

We got some pretty amazing people in SoM now, both in terms of personality and skill, so try to group up with some of us sometime soon! Feel free to add me on PSN as well.

As Blaze and EJ said, we do a lot of Trials runs in the weekends, we must have completed at least 10 Mercury runs again this week, but our time is finite. Do try to group up with other clanmembers, as there are more than enough awesome people in it who can help out with a Mercury run. (Except Blaze, he only drops donuts).

Don't pay attention to Robinson, he is just salty I steal his kills all the time. I never suicide!

I think i'm going to put in a transfer request from SEXY, my PvP skills are getting there, miles away from being able to carry but won't disgrace myself as a 2nd/3rd

Also whats this Asylum glitch? Ive been killed from seemingly impossible situations lately, mainly at the bottom of the stairs on C side by someone who seems to be on the stairs area on A side

I think i'm going to put in a transfer request from SEXY, my PvP skills are getting there, miles away from being able to carry but won't disgrace myself as a 2nd/3rd

Don't let Kadey hear this ;)
SEXY is a cool clan, but if you want to transfer anyone is welcome in SoM. I don't think it matters all too much to which clan you belong.
On one hand it is hard to play with everyone if the clan is getting bigger, but on the other hand there will be more people that can find a group :)

rc213

You don't move enough and rely on the enemy following the same pattern i.e. trying to attack you from the same spot again and again. If I was in that game against you I'd have ran around and hit you from your back by the time you got your 5 kill streak or threw an arc bolt or trip mine from the side (near the wheel to your left) to make you run towards the beach or just outright kill you (tripmines are very powerful in corridors against opponents who don't move much)

Thanks, I actually don't tend to stay in one spot like that. But i was watching the radar and they kept coming from the same point. Although i need to break a habit where i stay gun drawn too long when i think I'm one on one. I get too focused on taking one guy down. Usually I will get a shotgun to the back.

Raybunny

SEXY is a cool clan, but if you want to transfer anyone is welcome in SoM. I don't think it matters all too much to which clan you belong.
On one hand it is hard to play with everyone if the clan is getting bigger, but on the other hand there will be more people that can find a group :)

I will make one called: The4thWhiteWale

Yeh, I know the tag doesn't matter. I'm just fickle and fancy a change of scenery

I will mainly bring flawless sherparing, swording Crota and hilarious anecdotes about many things to spread the legend of SoM

I will make one called: The4thWhiteWale

Do it! But you will be the only member, so there will be no clan tag :(

Yeh, I know the tag doesn't matter. I'm just fickle and fancy a change of scenery

I will mainly bring flawless sherparing, swording Crota and hilarious anecdotes about many things to spread the legend of SoM

That would be nice! I think there's a couple in the clan who actually still need the flawless raider trophy.
Another swordbearer is always good, as a certain robot dinosaur still need a Crux.

Raybunny

Also that's not a lag switcher, that's just a lagger. A lag switcher would most definitely end up on top or near the top of the table as they use the lag in such a way that it only lags when they want it to giving them a massive advantage over everybody compared to a lagger who has to deal with lag throughout making. Basically the way I'd put it is that not all red bar players who top the scoreboard are lag switchers but no lag switcher will be the bottom of the table.

Got some Dark souls 3 things? MAN SHOW UP.

That would be nice! I think there's a couple in the clan who actually still need the flawless raider trophy.
Another swordbearer is always good, as a certain robot dinosaur still need a Crux.

Still worth it! I can be sword bearer on a flawless if you want.

DarKshodaN

Congrats! The 4th Horseman is awesome,i love to play with it in pve

GutZ31

While taking Ltwood's brother in law thru the VoG.

GutZ: Now, make sure if you have a rocket launcher equipt not to use it right away. Bad things can happen!

Everyone else: yeah, detainment bubble needs to be killed with shotty or primary.

PuMa (runs Relic); Taking it down now.

*GutZ Dies from falling out of detainment bubble*

GutZ: oh wow... I don't even...
I killed my self as soon as you called it.

*xVaalbarAx revives GutZ*

PuMa: Taking shield down now.

*GutZ Blows him self up with gjallarhorn in detainment bubble*

GutZ: I just did exactly what I told everyone else not to do.

Thanks, I actually don't tend to stay in one spot like that. But i was watching the radar and they kept coming from the same point. Although i need to break a habit where i stay gun drawn too long when i think I'm one on one. I get too focused on taking one guy down. Usually I will get a shotgun to the back.

You already got one of the things I noticed which is that you probably don't want to spend that much time aiming down the sights. You maybe should have backed off at your first death. You were pretty low and could only hope to trade really. You got lucky a couple times with going up against scrubby players. For example your first encounter on the bridge he had the drop on you but failed to close the deal. That's not really something related to your play so much as something to keep in mind so that you stay on your toes. Overall you did very well and had some great nades. I'd recommend uploading a match you do poor on so we have more to point out to you :p.

That's my two cents. I'm by no means an expert though. Ask again when the thread is more active and I'm sure you can get some great advice from Drizz, Unstable, etc.

Thanks for answering Blaze!
Just saw the request and accepted it, welcome! Add me on PSN if you want and I can add you to the group chat (only if you want to and are prepared for LFG/shenanigan spam, best to turn off notifications in PvP). We try to play Trials with as many as we can, but as Blaze said it is hard for us to play with everyone during our limited time. Also, there's no such thing as being under our skill level, I personally trade 11-0's with 5-5's. The only consistent things are Tears blinking off the map and nova bombing the wall, and Blaze being Blaze :p
Thank you, I'll add you in a sec. I'm really good at getting 0 kill fist of panics/nova bombs and hitting people more than once with the bladedancer and having them not die. I don't mind being added to the chat

Played against a trueskill 50 guy yesterday with a 2.5(or thereabouts) trials K/D, thought we were going to get hammered but we raced into a 4-1 lead, only to completely choke and lose 5-4 :(

Can also run sword on Crota's end and possibly help with flawless runs.

Request incoming, I also bring a welcome gift ;)

Finally got around to rolling my her benevolence. Can you guys give me a stop rolling or keep going call for this roll pls.

Hawkeye / short gaze / ambush
Hidden hand
Speed reload / custom optics / injection mold
Unflinching

Finally got around to rolling my her benevolence. Can you guys give me a stop rolling or keep going call for this roll pls.

Hawkeye / short gaze / ambush
Hidden hand
Speed reload / custom optics / injection mold
Unflinching
Keep this one(use injection mold) until you get a second one, reroll the second one until you get the same perks but with quickdraw or snapshot over speed reload.

Skele7on

Banned
so it would appear that Exotics are staying in TTK (with upgrade paths)

So it was directly said that they'd not, which was a mistake which was then corrected.
I have confirmed with multiple people and this as of the moment appears to be the tru7h
but as ever things are subject to change ect ect ect.

so it would appear that Exotics are staying in TTK (with upgrade paths)

So it was directly said that they'd not, which was a mistake which was then corrected.
I have confirmed with multiple people and this as of the moment appears to be the tru7h
but as ever things are subject to change ect ect ect.

I kinda guess that might be the idea of the exotics, since there are collectors out there. And people still enjoy the current crop, even with a few nerfs they are still some of the best gear in the game.

Wow, I didn't think I'd be able to get to Mercury by myself this week. Man is it hot!

I live in Florida and my A/C just died apparently. It's been nice knowing you.

Im Interested to see what the vault resolution will be. If they bring the same amount of exotics before Destiny 2 we're going to run into real problems, my Titan is already a dumping ground for the weapons I don't use. And just with hunter helmets exotics use 5/10 slots, though I could easily make that 4/10 as I don't think the arachnid will ever become useful

Edit an exotic armoury would be cool, where if you own it you can take it out

ocean

Banned
It didn't make sense to leave them behind, given their nature. The whole "that's what MMOs do, new stuff displaces" stuff isn't really comparable here.

Unlike other loot games, Destiny Exotics or max tier items aren't really better versions of the normal stuff. They're fundamentally unique from a functional standpoint. You want fast revives for a given situation? Alpha Lupi. It's not a higher defense or intellect or whatever chest which you can replace with a better looking, higher stat armor piece. It's a unique component which grants you an ability which wouldn't otherwise exist.

Leaving Exotics behind would have meant eliminating 36 armor pieces, and with them, 36 strategic possibilities for any given situation. Fast revive, a blinding bubble, double grenade Titans/Voidwalkers, double melee Warlock, invisible Gunslinger, triple jumping Bladedancer, spawning with grenade energy Hunters and Warlocks, 4th GH shot or a super strong one or a zoomed in one, Third Eye on any primary, invisibility or AOE damage on melee hits, etc. The list goes on.

Losing all of these abilities would have been an enormous blow. I'm very happy to learn it was a misunderstanding.

Getting so sick of turning the corner and lose 80% of my health with one Thorn shot.

It's funny how they've never acknowledged this glitch, its a miles bigger problem than the TLW 111 bug which they went out of there way to mention/fix in the 2.0 changes

Thorn hitting you for 117+DoT doesn't warrant a mention

Edit, found that Asylum glitch video, thats definitely whats happened to me a few times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2v3O9W4j-Y

rc213

You already got one of the things I noticed which is that you probably don't want to spend that much time aiming down the sights. You maybe should have backed off at your first death. You were pretty low and could only hope to trade really. You got lucky a couple times with going up against scrubby players. For example your first encounter on the bridge he had the drop on you but failed to close the deal. That's not really something related to your play so much as something to keep in mind so that you stay on your toes. Overall you did very well and had some great nades. I'd recommend uploading a match you do poor on so we have more to point out to you :p.

That's my two cents. I'm by no means an expert though. Ask again when the thread is more active and I'm sure you can get some great advice from Drizz, Unstable, etc.

A poor match would definitely include me getting shotgun to the back and dropping a nade that nukes be in the face. Damn Titan nades are brutal if not placed properly. I need to work on backing off when hurt bad and when it becomes 2 on 1.

Thanks for the pointers guys every bit helps. I will try and play something other than Control as i do change my play to protect zones with nades a lot.

I have noticed Thorn and TLW drop me in one shot pretty much from near sniper's distance. Can't complain too much as the range on the Hopscotch is pretty crazy with pinpoint accuracy.

Klyka

Banned
It didn't make sense to leave them behind, given their nature. The whole "that's what MMOs do, new stuff displaces" stuff isn't really comparable here.

Unlike other loot games, Destiny Exotics or max tier items aren't really better versions of the normal stuff. They're fundamentally unique from a functional standpoint. You want fast revives for a given situation? Alpha Lupi. It's not a higher defense or intellect or whatever chest which you can replace with a better looking, higher stat armor piece. It's a unique component which grants you an ability which wouldn't otherwise exist.

Leaving Exotics behind would have meant eliminating 36 armor pieces, and with them, 36 strategic possibilities for any given situation. Fast revive, a blinding bubble, double grenade Titans/Voidwalkers, double melee Warlock, invisible Gunslinger, triple jumping Bladedancer, spawning with grenade energy Hunters and Warlocks, 4th GH shot or a super strong one or a zoomed in one, Third Eye on any primary, invisibility or AOE damage on melee hits, etc. The list goes on.

Losing all of these abilities would have been an enormous blow. I'm very happy to learn it was a misunderstanding.

This is exactly what I had told my friends when that "news" broke.
It makes ZERO sense to leave them behind because like you said, they do not fit into the usual MMO gear mold.

Tecnniqe

Banned
i'm finally working on a different character class. the platinum trophy actually seems somewhat in reach now...

i feel like all the clan-related ones are going to be more difficult than flawless raider. no one ever seems to accept my application to clans lol. i think i apply to inactive ones.
Clans are a huge mess right now, and the clans probably would need a huge cleanup.

Cade

So for people who don't Flawless first time every week, how many cards would you say you play through? How many did you guys do, EJ/Ikkarus/Tiro?

Not necessarily completed cards, obv

Top Bottom