• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Anybody on Ps4 now trying to do the weekly nightfall strike on my 32 titan, done it earlier in the week on my 34 hunter and warlock. However people in lfg just keep on leaving and making stupid mistakes, almost had the final boss down but other party members did not add manage.

Psn: Shadowmancer88

willow ve

Hi everyone.

Just been checking out the OP as I'm playing Destiny a little more now because of TTK hype.

I'm EU XBox One but was the only XBox member of the EU GAF2 clan a few weeks after launch!

Can anyone help me find out which is the best EU XBox clan that we have going?

I'm a casual raider but want to use the clan to make it easier to find raid and trials groups.

Thanks for any pointers.

Here's Bad to the Xbone
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/942747

Random group of people. It's hard to coordinate things here in DGAF as the thread moves so quickly with PS4 groups doing most of the posting.

Best thing is to join the group, add everyone to your friends, list, and send invites or simply join fireteams whenever you see them active online. There's also a group message in the clan that people use to organize events farther in advance.

GutZ31

Anybody on Ps4 now trying to do the weekly nightfall strike on my 32 titan, done it earlier in the week on my 34 hunter and warlock. However people in lfg just keep on leaving and making stupid mistakes, almost had the final boss down but other party members did not add manage.

Psn: Shadowmancer88

I just sent you a friend request.
Did all my nightfalls already, but don't mind helping out.

Mupod

I've spent the majority of my time in Destiny in Crucible but I don't know how I feel about the idea of 'serious' destiny pvp. For me, it works as a game where nothing is balanced and the points don't matter. Weird lag bullshit is annoying but every time I get sniped through walls or someone eats a shotgun to the face with 0 damage I shrug and move on because I don't care.

I'm hoping to give Trials a shot next weekend but I won't until I'm 'ready'. Question though - do weapon upgrades matter or is it just your level? I typically play Voidwalker in PVP but it seems to me that Sunsinger would be valuable with the self-rez. And Purifier Robes are my only max level exotic armor anyways, not sure how well its passive works outside of deterring teabagging though.

shenze

Banned
Anyone up for trials? really wanna get to the lighthouse for the first time and I REALLY dont want to go to lfg as a last resort.

I've spent the majority of my time in Destiny in Crucible but I don't know how I feel about the idea of 'serious' destiny pvp. For me, it works as a game where nothing is balanced and the points don't matter. Weird lag bullshit is annoying but every time I get sniped through walls or someone eats a shotgun to the face with 0 damage I shrug and move on because I don't care.

I'm hoping to give Trials a shot next weekend but I won't until I'm 'ready'. Question though - do weapon upgrades matter or is it just your level? I typically play Voidwalker in PVP but it seems to me that Sunsinger would be valuable with the self-rez. And Purifier Robes are my only max level exotic armor anyways, not sure how well its passive works outside of deterring teabagging though.

I feel the same way about PVP and completely loathe Trials. It has nothing I enjoy about Destiny, completely fixed on the 3 or 4 weapons and loadouts designed for fast, impregnable kills.

I fully admit that I hate Trials because I am not expert-level, but what I love about stuff like Control is I don't have to be expert-level to thrive in any game and have loads of fun.

ocean

Banned

Weapon attack stat does matter, but not that much. As in, a high impact green sniper will still kill on headshot (but not over revive shield). It'll usually only make a difference for primary weapon shenanigans i.e the difference between needing 2 shots and 3 for example.

Sunsingers are valuable, but you need to know when to use them. Too often a self res will wait until the very end of the round when he'll be 1v3 and insta sniped or shot gunned by a good team. If you're down and the enemies are far away, self rez and try to revive a team mate. Don't try to Rambo clutch it at the end because they'll be expecting you and 1v3ing is super super hard unless the opponents are just bad or you get lucky.

P44

Christ unflinching works weirdly.

Visual sight desyncing with where the scope is actually aiming, so instead of reducing visual deviation as most people are looking for, it decreases deviation from where the scope is aiming.

I think the only active GAF Xbox clan is Bad to the Xbone? Check the Xbox sign up list hidden in the first post of the OT, it has a spreadsheet with gamer tags and a link to the clan.

Here's Bad to the Xbone
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/942747

Random group of people. It's hard to coordinate things here in DGAF as the thread moves so quickly with PS4 groups doing most of the posting.

Best thing is to join the group, add everyone to your friends, list, and send invites or simply join fireteams whenever you see them active online. There's also a group message in the clan that people use to organize events farther in advance.

Thanks both. I'll check that out.

Blunoise

Guys I need help in making my first own cosplay. I hope this is the right thread for assistance but I was wondering if any of you may know where I can get a long trench coat to match is character from Destiny.
c3b65a6477b992a2401d03d5ac48b38d.jpg

Also what is the best way to make shoulder pads and arm pads. Thanks much!

Edit: I posted the above in the cosplay thread but don't know how active that thread is. So I'm posting here to see if anyone can help. come on guardians I know some of you may know how to cosplay lol. Also I'll keep yall updated on the progress.

Lnkn52

Guys I need help in making my first own cosplay. I hope this is the right thread for assistance but I was wondering if any of you may know where I can get a long trench coat to match is character from Destiny.
c3b65a6477b992a2401d03d5ac48b38d.jpg

Also what is the best way to make shoulder pads and arm pads. Thanks much!

Edit: I posted the above in the cosplay thread but don't know how active that thread is. So I'm posting here to see if anyone can help. come on guardians I know some of you may know how to cosplay lol. Also I'll keep yall updated on the progress.

You can probably try here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cosplay/

I knew if I clicked it, I would regret it :p

Thanks Lnk, I'll give reddit a shot.

As a serious point, I can imagine a red trench is going to be difficult to find (and heavy/hot if you do find it) so you might think about fabric type tabbards that you can cut/sew to give the look.

GutZ31

Destiny |OT♦28| Nolan Beyond
Destiny |OT♦28| Nolan for Legendaries
Destiny |OT♦28| Nolan for Legends
Destiny |OT♦28| Khepri's Sting

Would anyone happen to be running VoG tonight and like to take my new hunter along? I've managed to get to 28, but really need a replacement for helm/gauntlets.

GutZ31

Oh I thought Nolan Beyond was already decided the first time it was suggested weeks ago :p

It's too good to pass up.
Been thinking we may need to drop the light level for TTK, but it would throw off the thread consistency I think.

As for if it was decided or not, was making sure a consensus was still formed around it.
Looks pretty unanimously for now.

Namikaze1

And Gold headset replacement got! Can't believe I broke my first one. I accidentally stepped on them. In my defense it was freaking dark. I couldn't see shit and feeling groggy.

Now I can talk One Piece with Math and Todd.

ocean

Banned
Oh wait is Hawkian's special thread slated to be the next one? He'd asked months ago if he could make the anniversary OT but I think the anniversary and TK will drop in the middle of the next OT.

Lnkn52

Oh wait is Hawkian's special thread slated to be the next one? He'd asked months ago if he could make the anniversary OT but I think the anniversary and TK will drop in the middle of the next OT.

Just stop posting guys so it would align with the date. Kappa

Skele7on

Banned
And Gold headset replacement got! Can't believe I broke my first one. I accidentally stepped on them. In my defense it was freaking dark. I couldn't see shit and feeling groggy.

One Piece was good this week. I enjoyed it, although next week I will be very sad.

Definitely not 2%. Rate is hard to determine since it was 0% the first week of HM for some reason, and it won't drop for anyone that already has a Crux in their inventory.

The longest Cruxless DGAFer I remember is Macello and he cleared it 3x a week almost every week for a long time, probably similar to the ~44 HM clears it took Cosmos to finally get the Vex.
RIP Cosmos :(

Super long post ago, but yes, I believe I counted between 47 and 49 clears to get the Crux. And that's only based on the fact that I had figured I had 45 lootable clears without sometime before I got it.

Blunoise

I don't think we are Psn friend s but I would love to talk about onepiece lol

Top Bottom