• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Anyone keen to knock out the clan trophies? I've been trying to start my own clan but for whatever reason Bungie.net won't let me type in a name....

So anyone keen to help out? :)

GutZ31

Any general pointers for PoE 35? I've never tried it before, will start putting together a team at one point.
So first of all is you must have communication.
Mics are pretty much mandatory for the second half of the fight.

Always move together, unless it's necessary to revive, or dismantle mines. In almost every other instance, stay together.

After you have undone Skolas' chains, and he can take damage whenever, it's a good idea to just kind of leave him alone and circle the map while clearing adds.
Clearing adds is most important part before doing damage again to Skolas.

Once you know how to handle and call out mobs, start working on Skolas' health in between waves.

Don't do more damage than half his health until you have cleared adds or else mines appear, and the debuff taint randomly attaches to one of you.
Call out when you are around 10 seconds for someone to take the taint off of you, make sure you guys are paying attention to this always.
If someone has to do suicide, it should be the tainted one, or the immune one. Never do anything stupid while you have the ability to take taint off another player.

After you are ready for your first set of mines and adds, work Skolas down pretty hard with heavy weapons. Once it says mines must be dismantled, work on adds, and try to have everyone move together if it is the farthest one away from you. In its mid, try to have the immune guy go for it, or all move together if safety is pretty assured.

Make sure you don't have Skolas down below the start of the K in his name before you are ready to end the fight, and do the last wave of mines.

After you trip past the K in his name, mines will spawn again, and so will adds. It's usually a good idea to have 2 stay behind keeping damage on Skolas while one goes to get mines.

This week has light switch which sucks pretty bad for this kind of playing. So try to stay together and work on the mines. It will be the last time you have to deal with them.
After that, just work him down while trading back and forth the taint, popping heavy, and running around in circles.

Done.

Namikaze1

One Piece was good this week. I enjoyed it, although next week I will be very sad.
I know I will shed some tears next week.

I don't think we are Psn friend s but I would love to talk about onepiece lol
They (Todd and Math) spent a good portion of our Crucible time discussing the manga and anime. I wanted to desperately get involved in the conversation. Stupid headset. :(

There's always one day every week where we just talk about One Piece as we do some Crucible or raid.

Skele7on

Banned
The additional changes to the whole of campaign IE Nolan makes me want to play through it all again.

I really hope they introduce a harder mode of it which nets you XP upon completing it....

GutZ31

The additional changes to the whole of campaign IE Nolan makes me want to play through it all again. I really hope they introduce a harder mode of it which nets you XP upon completing it....
They already let you select the difficulty.
Probably just that.

Definity

Told the boss not to expect me at work around 9/15 for a few days. I have a ridiculous amount of time off I haven't used and if I dont use it I lose it at the end of the year. I see some no life days in my future.

Also I know this is completely unrelated but I wanted to share with you guys since that's who I play with every night :)

Got myself some fresh ink today!

11825669_10153591410863140_5059786534172233910_n.jpg

11866297_10153591410883140_4335508256245380156_n.jpg

Variks will be selling arms tomorrow. That will bump you up quite a bit, yea?

I can also help by doing CE if ya want.

CE would be cool. Normal drops armour, yeah? My memory is foggy. And yep, the arms would help a megaton. Then I'd just need a helm.

CE norm would give me a chance at black hammer as well, the only weapon I am missing.

I suppose I could also just keep grinding crucible to get to level 2 and have marks for a helm. That works too!

pixxxelz

Is anyone planning on doing a flawless raid sometime today? I've never attempted it myself but the flawless raider trophy is the only one I'm missing for my platinum and I would love to get it done before TTK launches.

Zocano

Well.... something I said I would never do.... I'm getting an xbox... but only because it is part of an amazing best buy deal.

$500 for a 40" 1080p LEDTV with an xbox one and 2 games.... can't fucking beat that. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=174886569#post174886569

I will not play destiny on it... i will not play destiny on it... on i will play destiny on it

I'm super scared of when I get an xbone this holiday for Halo 5.

Because I am definitely getting Destiny on it.

help me.

Skele7on

Banned
Well.... something I said I would never do.... I'm getting an xbox... but only because it is part of an amazing best buy deal.

$500 for a 40" 1080p LEDTV with an xbox one and 2 games.... can't fucking beat that. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=174886569#post174886569

I will not play destiny on it... i will not play destiny on it... on i will play destiny on it

I already have destiny on mine, I just ignore it and pretend it's not there.

At the same time I do hear it calling my name :|

Top Bottom