• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Yeah, you were okay on this map... Tears and Blaze wreck.

Wait, aren't you Tears?

I laughed so hard. We were 3-1 behind, I kill two in heavy round, third jumps over the heavy down the hole. It is now 3-2, Ikkarus and I are getting blade danced and then he proceeds to fall off the map XD
We won 5-3
Reminded me of Tears though.

Anastasis

So I just bought this game again after hearing that alot of the problems I had with it were fixed and gearing up for the taken king. I just got through all the expansion single player. I have a level 28 warlock. What should my next step be? I'm kinda afraid to do the end game vault of glass and taken king content because I don't want to ruin the game for other people due to lack of knowledge or good equipment. I also don't have many psn friends who play this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Psn is gamerecks if you want to add me.

Whenever you need help, just ask here. People are great and will carry you if you need it.

What levels are your different factions? Vanguard? Crucible? Buying equipment with marks is a great way to get gear with light level meant to get you to level 32. I used to grind public events to get them. You can do the daily missions and the heroic for them as well. 75 marks are needed for everything except a helmet. You can only get up to 100 each (Vanguard/Crucible marks) a week though.

Everyone will be grinding levels when the Taken King comes out and it sounds like they will have some sort of boost to get people up in levels fast. And then everyone will be grinding for the Taken King gear anyways. Don't burn yourself out trying to get up to 34 before it comes out. If anything, burn yourself out when it launches! :)

Despite my total off-day in Trials we made three people happy with a Mercury run and lost one final boss with nOoblet :(
Anyways congrats to Agent_Tiro, Inapplicable and TQ-XL18Z (first-timer). Thanks to Ikkarus for doing most of the work, I'm done with Trials for the week.
Don't worry about having an off day, happens to everyone. Was great running with you guys and would love to again next reset
on pantheon

So glad I didn't choke the 1v3 with no health bladedance when 4-3 down.

PuMa

Lucky you weren't there today, I couldn't hit someone's head even if it had the size of an elephant :p
But you're certainly welcome to join us somewhere next week. All in all not too bad this week: 10 Mercury runs this week including three first-timers.
That are not Unstable/Wicked/Nghtly numbers but good enough for me. It has to stay fun and not a job :)

Yeah, that's exactly why I keep coming back to Trials. It's a ton of fun.

KxoZz

Hey guys,
so a friend recently switched from PS3 to PS4 and rebought Destiny but he is having problems past the character selection screen.
Is there anything special he has to do on his ps3/4 beforehand?
He has PS-Plus.

Yeah, that's exactly why I keep coming back to Trials. It's a ton of fun.

It sure is...but not on Thieves' Den ;)
I love some of the reaction of first-timers: raindoc told me a story about how he fell asleep in the Lighthouse. Gala went all quiet and you could only hear how impressed he was. Grimlock and WheelHoss made mega-posts full of pictures. That's what touches me.

Klyka

Banned
How the hell do you guys find wives or girlfriends who enjoys playing games with you. Every girl I dated hates games and other nerdy things I enjoy.

My girlfriend also loves games and nerdy things, but sadly our playstyles in games are the complete opposite so we barely play together :(

GutZ31

Hey guys,
so a friend recently switched from PS3 to PS4 and rebought Destiny but he is having problems past the character selection screen.
He has PS-Plus.
Better off asking Bungie help. I can't think of any reason for this to be a problem.
Sorry.

PuMa

I never heard a baby cry in the background. Must've been a good night!

Haha, I had one with me on my lap for a trials run just before our raid. I had to switch to mute a few times because she was fussing a little. She was conked out by the time we started with VOG though. Not bad at all!

PuMa

It sure is...but not on Thieves' Den ;)
I love some of the reaction of first-timers: raindoc told me a story about how he fell asleep in the Lighthouse. Gala went all quiet and you could only hear how impressed he was. Grimlock and WheelHoss made mega-posts full of pictures. That's what touches me.

I actually don't mind Thieves' Den. Most matches seem to be relatively fast paced. There are certainly worse maps (Cauldron/Pantheon, ew).

Hey guys,
He has PS-Plus.

Elaborate on the problems?

Like, is he locked out of certain playlists/menus?

Has he redownloaded the expansions?

I actually don't mind Thieves' Den. Most matches seem to be relatively fast paced. There are certainly worse maps (Cauldron/Pantheon, ew).

I have new appreciation for Thieves' Den.

Rene, Bjg, and a really good formula going. If you're on tonight Puma I might be up for a card of two.

Nuszka

Well.... something I said I would never do.... I'm getting an xbox... but only because it is part of an amazing best buy deal.

$500 for a 40" 1080p LEDTV with an xbox one and 2 games.... can't fucking beat that. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=174886569#post174886569

I will not play destiny on it... i will not play destiny on it... on i will play destiny on it

Oh wow , did not expect that, personally i am tempted by halo 5 only, i was on the edge, but now...

go on okcupid and say you're looking for someone to play games with

it's not that hard

That reminds you, you haven't seen TeaParty drop the Blonde/Platinum thing, have you?

She's obviously restless so she keeps changing it up every couple of months.

She's in her Purple phase now.

rVAoKU1.jpg

Shito

How the hell do you guys find wives or girlfriends who enjoys playing games with you. Every girl I dated hates games and other nerdy things I enjoy.
I've been working in videogames for more than 10 years now: girls who hate games or other nerdy things are the exception in my world. ^^

In honor of our good friend blazeuk I'll post this. We always mock him and steal his kills but he keeps on laughing.
That's why I laughed so hard when the enemy team pulled a triple Blaze also known as the triple donut.

I don't know what you guys are on about. This map is great for showing off my pro, high skill level, hard to perform shotgun blink rushes.

Only partially joking. Much prefer this map over Pantheon/Thieves Den/aka maps with only enormous sniper lanes.

FyreWulff

That reminds you, you haven't seen TeaParty drop the Blonde/Platinum thing, have you?

She's obviously restless so she keeps changing it up every couple of months.

She's in her Purple phase now.

rip in platinum

looks cool!

But I'm also very picky with my attractions,maybe that's my fault but I like what I like.

Well, don't whine you can't find women that like to play games if you're going to be super picky before you get to know anyone.

I don't know what you guys are on about. This map is great for showing off my pro, high skill level, hard to perform shotgun blink rushes.

Only partially joking. Much prefer this map over Pantheon/Thieves Den/aka maps with only enormous sniper lanes.

Teach me how to blink :p Also triple donut above ^

I need to learn from Ikkarus. I've seen him roll Voidlock and he was a beast. My blink usually consists of me falling off maps in whimsical ways.

Stop watching the stream of my alter ego Tears, you will learn about places on the map you don't want to be ;)
BTW, it is Ikkarus who is the beast, not his Warlock.

PuMa

I have new appreciation for Thieves' Den.

Rene, Bjg, and a really good formula going. If you're on tonight Puma I might be up for a card of two.

Cool. I'll shoot you a message if I'm able to get on tonight for some fun runs.

I need to learn from Ikkarus. I've seen him roll Voidlock and he was a beast. My blink usually consists of me falling off maps in whimsical ways.

My blink skill usually puts me face first in a wall.

KxoZz

Elaborate on the problems?

Like, is he locked out of certain playlists/menus?

Has he redownloaded the expansions?

He can select a character, but then immediately gets the error stating his rights may have changed or he might be signed on elsewhere, which he isn't.

Sorry for the quite useless info; I would post a pic, but I am currently bound to a terrible mobile connection and GAF is pretty much the only thing that I can use.

If nobody can help, he'll just have to wait until I get home and have WiFi lol
He is pretty desperate though :p

deoee

VUznoVR.png

Can someone help get me those in the next few days? :eek:

Would really love to get the exclusive stuff before the deadline...

lvl 32 Hunter on PS4 (deoee0)

Edit:

I have never done any raids before nor have I played Poe that often :-/

Silvard

I'd love to get to Mercury on my characters, and even learn to do it on a consistent basis and be able to help other people reach it. I think I'm a decent pvp player, usually at the top of my team's scoreboard when I play with random people on the crucible but I don't know how well that would carry over, not to mention I'm still getting back into the game. Also, I think level 34 is a must?

Blunoise

Well, don't whine you can't find women that like to play games if you're going to be super picky before you get to know anyone.

I'm not whining I just want to have my cake and eat it too :) but I do believe that physical attraction should play apart even if we do have common goals.
But enough to of that this isn't the dating thread, so does anyone know what time game informer is going to announce new info?

Teach me how to blink :p Also triple donut above ^

A legit bulletproof, don't see that very often, someone usually gets in a lucky nade/rocket.

Also my blink skills cannot be learned, plunging into an abyss fearlessly or toppling walls and pillars with purple space magic is something you are born with bruh.
Not really, Phaethon and the Legendary Traffic Sign inspired me

Anyone for some last chance trials? Been trying to get the titan helm but have had a miserable time at it this weekend on thieves den so far.

Would also love to find some consistent people (with mics) to play trials with every week, to try and gel as a team and work our way to mercury on our own steam.

Psn Teasing_Pink

EDIT: thread moves fast enough that someone was looking for a third while I posted...

GutZ31

He can select a character, but then immediately gets the error stating his rights may have changed or he might be signed on elsewhere, which he isn't.

Sorry for the quite useless info; I would post a pic, but I am currently bound to a terrible mobile connection and GAF is pretty much the only thing that I can use.

If nobody can help, he'll just have to wait until I get home and have WiFi lol
He is pretty desperate though :p
He can try to renew his licenses, but it's also possible his character has DLC items on when he doesn't have the DLC on PS4?
Just a thought.
I would renew licenses first if DLC can't be the issue.

A legit bulletproof, don't see that very often, someone usually gets in a lucky nade/rocket.

Also my blink skills cannot be learned, plunging into an abyss fearlessly or toppling walls and pillars with purple space magic is something you are born with bruh.
Not really, Phaethon and the Legendary Traffic Sign inspired me

They were really bad, they had a win-rate of 0% in maybe 25 matches.
Ikkarus almost died though
I managed to pull a Tears by accident, do you remember? Something about thinking I'm a bladedancer. I'm the king of getting stuck on geometry.

Phaethon bombed the special rock near B on Shores of Time. Watch him reply that he wanted to spare us because we are GAFers

Ikkarus

I'm honestly not that great it's just I like all classes which can blink so I can get in the action (and claim a kill from EJ or Tears) or bolt out of the area fast. Plus if it wasn't for Nothing Manacles I would hate Thieves Den even more.

VUznoVR.png

Can someone help get me those in the next few days? :eek:

Would really love to get the exclusive stuff before the deadline...

lvl 32 Hunter on PS4 (deoee0)

Edit:

I have never done any raids before nor have I played Poe that often :-/

I'll try to get on tonight to do Crota I have the CP I know a few others needed it for the triumphs so if we can get a few and 1 more who knows what there doing it should only take 5 mins

Top Bottom