• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Klyka

Banned
Alright,the last triumph I need to get is Skolas in the PoE.

I need to get lvl 34 and then do that. Should easily have enough time before September 9th.

LTWood12

People still play this game?

giphy.gif

1) what armor piece will Variks be selling next week? Is there a set cycle or is it totally random?

2) which 'weapon core' gun(s) from Variks is(are) the best?

3) do you get anything other than an emblem from attaining all Moments of Triumph?

4) will ALL of the SUROS preorder stuff eventually be attainable without preordering TTK? Is there anything that can only be attained by preordering TTK?

5) will the $20 digital collector's edition pack be available to preorder? or will that show up on launch?

Tecnniqe

Banned
1) what armor piece will Variks be selling next week? Is there a set cycle or is it totally random?

2) which 'weapon core' gun(s) from Variks is(are) the best?

3) do you get anything other than an emblem from attaining all Moments of Triumph?

4) will ALL of the SUROS preorder stuff eventually be attainable without preordering TTK? Is there anything that can only be attained by preordering TTK?

5) will the $20 digital collector's edition pack be available to preorder? or will that show up on launch?

VIP Year 1 rewards will include a new emote, a new shader, a new sparrow, and an exclusive emblem. Each of the items appears to be themed around black stripes, similar to the Blacksmith shader
Destiny-Year-1-VIP-Rewards.jpg

Not 100% sure that's only those who Triumphed but might as well do it, takes no time :)

Edit: Self correction it seems like these are the requirements.
How?
You must meet the requirements of all steps (1-3) listed below:
Own Destiny
Before August 31st, 2015: have a Level 30 Guardian OR played both The Dark Below and House of Wolves
Before February 1st, 2016: play any version of The Taken King
You don’t technically need to have played expansion I or II to be eligible for VIP rewards. However, you need to own those expansions to play The Taken King, and you need The Taken King to acquire the VIP rewards.
So what does this mean? As long as you have at least one Level 30 Guardian before August 31st, you could purchase expansion I & II after that date and still be good to go. In short: You can be eligible for VIP rewards without all expansions, but you can’t wear/own/use VIP items without all expansions.

darknil

Ok, I think today I'll try to take the time to collect all the golden treasures, hopefully this gives me engrams since I need class materials for my other char.

Other than that, you guys think they'll be any group for Trials tonight? Want to check if I'm able to get any prize at all.

Any news on the Skolas school? Yesterday I've felt so much better on PoE 34.

Skele7on

Banned
VIP Year 1 rewards will include a new emote, a new shader, a new sparrow, and an exclusive emblem. Each of the items appears to be themed around black stripes, similar to the Blacksmith shader
Destiny-Year-1-VIP-Rewards.jpg

Not 100% sure that's only those who Triumphed but might as well do it, takes no time :)

Edit: Self correction it seems like these are the requirements.

I just need to hit level 30? Right I will grind on xbox then you got me Bungie.

rNilla

It's not really that bad. It does suck you can't systematically tell which one's you're missing but it helps if you have a general idea of what you picked up already.

http://destinychesthunter.net

The VIP stuff does look worth it and it's not like having to grind 300 dragon strikes for a Pilgrim =P

I don't need the 4 chests for the VIP stuff though.

I'll probably do it but I've been trying to take a break.

EDIT: Also, fortunately I'm missing 1 on each planet. :\

I've spent $20 on worse.

This is true. Don't tempt people who aren't spending that extra $20 or are on the fence!

I've had that attitude before which led to my Starbucks addiction. Money went down the drain fast! But it also doesn't help that my work is connected to one and I need caffeine to survive :X

stb

And I'm the sad person who is willing to cough up that extra $20.

I've spent $20 on worse.

I was leaning toward NOT buying, but now that we know XP is important to "endgame" characters, I'm coming back around to it. The $20 is nothing compared to the hours I'll spend with it, and if I can grease the leveling wheels, I'm not ashamed to admit I'll probably do it.

The other stuff is gravy.

Tecnniqe

Banned
No. If you bought the digital collector's edition you are already getting those emotes, shaders, etc.

Oh good. I bought the Destiny: The Taken King - Digital Collector's Edition (Full Game) on PSN. So i assumed it got everything. And by the sounds i do.
I'd spend those hateful $20 anyway. Probably.

This is true. Don't tempt people who aren't spending that extra $20 or are on the fence!

I've had that attitude before which led to my Starbucks addiction. Money went down the drain fast! But it also doesn't help that my work is connected to one and I need caffeine to survive :X

Become a tea man like me bro. Tazo tea is so much cheaper to buy in stores and I can bring it to work and get hot water and just add some honey.

Also I'm buying all of those emotes. I have to collect everything in Destiny.

KxoZz

Can someone quickly write up instructions to renew licences on ps4 for me?
I'm tied to a bad connection for now and googling it could take years.

Become a tea man like me bro. Tazo tea is so much cheaper to buy in stores and I can bring it to work and get hot water and just add some honey.

Oh I used to be huge on tea! I need to get back on that. Plus it's healthier, usually haha.

I have a tea thermos that has the filter for loose leaf. Maybe I'll start by switching it up every other day. Cold turkey on coffee would probably demolish me

So we know that Year 1 legendary weapons and gear aren't going to be upgradeable when TTK comes out. How do you think Bungie will handle Trials gear? Make us get it all over again with updated Year 2 stats? Or do like they did with IB during HoW and release new versions?

Blunoise

Yea I'm buying everything. Just think of it as a full retail $60 release. Also I hope they have emote where I can break dance spin on my head, so I can troll on the Taken Kings dead body.

Edit: top of the page damn.
Well here is hopefully the emote dance that will be sold towards the end of the video http://youtu.be/V0xn2TUXtWU

Top Bottom