• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

what can I do to get my fireteam better at Too? we can roll in IB and take 1,2,3 and destory teams but Too is so different we just get worked, hard. to the point that I want to break my fucking controller.

Keep your head up, panda. Trials is very tough. I've raged more in Trials than anything. The only other thing that made me rage was Hard Crota on day 1 Hard CE. I've learned to take it as a challenge. The change with free passage coins on losses revitalized trials for me.

Also, xbox or ps4? I wouldn't mind running some tickets with yall if you ever wanted to.

what can I do to get my fireteam better at Too? we can roll in IB and take 1,2,3 and destory teams but Too is so different we just get worked, hard. to the point that I want to break my fucking controller.

A lot of it is luck of the draw. Sometimes you'll go up against scrubs and other times you'll get matched against Triplewreck.

Practice helps a lot. It sounds like you have a regular team so that also helps, especially because of how important communication is. I'd recommend looking at Hawkian's trials tips in the OP and watching really good and experienced players like Unstable play. I know just from watching him and Drizz play last night with Adam Boyes that I noticed some things I need to improve on. For example they were really good about backing off from engagements they could lose. I tend to play to aggressively sometimes which results in my death and then puts the power in the other teams hands and putting my team in a bad position.

todd360

don't know but my humble team would like a even two wins. oh well.

I will never see loot from TOO. even though I have done every other thing in the entire game.

I should probably try to help run people more often. Seems like there are still a bunch of gaffers who haven't made it very far in trials.

Also Nightstalker super cancels other supers! Did anyone else know that?

ocean

Banned
I should probably try to help run people more often. Seems like there are still a bunch of gaffers who haven't made it very far in trials.

It's like a Super version of Suppressor grenade, dying to give it a spin.

But Thor Titans go first. Need to try that hammer out so bad.

Keep your head up, panda. Trials is very tough. I've raged more in Trials than anything. The only other thing that made me rage was Hard Crota on day 1 Hard CE. I've learned to take it as a challenge. The change with free passage coins on losses revitalized trials for me.

Also, xbox or ps4? I wouldn't mind running some tickets with yall if you ever wanted to.

A lot of it is luck of the draw. Sometimes you'll go up against scrubs and other times you'll get matched against Triplewreck.

Practice helps a lot. It sounds like you have a regular team so that also helps, especially because of how important communication is. I'd recommend looking at Hawkian's trials tips in the OP and watching really good and experienced players like Unstable play. I know just from watching him and Drizz play last night with Adam Boyes that I noticed some things I need to improve on. For example they were really good about backing off from engagements they could lose. I tend to play to aggressively sometimes which results in my death and then puts the power in the other teams hands and putting my team in a bad position.

thanks for all the kind words guys, I will keep at it.

ocean

Banned
Yeah, I can't wait to pop that, with the perk that makes it a trap that goes off when someone gets close, anytime I hear golden gun or bladedance.
People get caught so so off guard when you use Supressor grenades on them. It's like wtf where did my super go? I can't double jump? No grenades? Dead.

GhaleonEB

Thanks for persevering through that run. I really stunk it up through Crota, then had to re-learn swordbearing - apologies for being dead most of the time. Now all I need to do is play Crucible for the triumphs. :lol

RE: Crota's End HM: My first thought upon beating him was, I can't believe Bungie shipped that. Lots of utter bullshit for mechanics. With most activities in Destiny you can at least learn something from each failed run at whatever. Here we died half the time from things like the Swordbearer running into an ogre spawn room, making us wait too long and triggering enrage. Just nonsense on top of nonsense for mechanics. It feels like they couldn't figure out a way to make it hard enough, and so they resorted to piles of cheap tricks (don't do too much damage to Crota on the first two swords, or it's a wipe...really?!) to pad it out.

People get caught so so off guard when you use Supressor grenades on them. It's like wtf where did my super go? I can't double jump? No grenades? Dead.

They are practically never used so it's super surprising when it happens. Not being able to double jump or chuck grenades feels crippling. I should mess around with them more in the crucible.

todd360

They are practically never used so it's super surprising when it happens. Not being able to double jump or chuck grenades feels crippling. I should mess around with them more in the crucible.

.....I don't think I have ever been hit by one of these. Wasn't even aware of its existence.

Gammacide

Wow. One of my best loot days ever after 2 HM VoGs and 1 HM CE: Corrective Masure, Vision, Epilogue, Vex, Oversoul Edict, 4th Horseman. And to think, all I was planning on doing was IB grinding! :D

Saw this while trying to figure out what the Titan hammer bro class was called.
CA$H 4 $KOLAS all day.
G5LAF0t.jpg

ocean

Banned
.....I don't think I have ever been hit by one of these. Wasn't even aware of its existence.
Most Defenders run magnetic for the sticky one shot kill. But Supressing a freshly self-rezzed Warlock or a Bladedancer out of their Super feels so damn satisfying.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay I'll run sword.

I can DPS him first kneel, then you guys DPS him second kneel.

One of you guys can take care of knights.

And let's build orbs in the beginning for healing.

todd360

Most Defenders run magnetic for the sticky one shot kill. But Supressing a freshly self-rezzed Warlock or a Bladedancer out of their Super feels so damn satisfying.

People should use that in trials. Its always so frustrating when a ramlock revives and certain victory becomes shiiitttt he won't go down and he's reviving his buddies! I imagine we don't see it much because there aren't many defenders in trials?

Happy to help, and I'm just glad I didn't scrub it up. Took me 2-3 rounds to get warmed up but EJ had my back and then it was smooth sailing.

Thanks for the Gifs, my video never saved.

What I was (badly) trying to explain was how do the share settings work

You have two options 1) save a clip from background recording that you can set to a specific amount of time or 2) record the game as your playing

When I hit the share button to save background recording, it never gives me the option to background record again? Or is it a case of letting the PS4 save the video then you can do it or do you have to actually do something with the video

You made it to mercury! Congratulations!

Thanks maomao, my goal now is to scrub it up there with you and manny. Ive no doubt we can do it, just needs a little bit of luck on the way.

I'll be on from about 4pm GMT to get some runs in

just had a team kill themselves to get us to 4 and 0 so they could come back and tea bag us every round.

fuck I hate trials.

I had something similar happen last night. They were all level 30 using rubbish unlevelled weapons. We take it easy each round and make it 4-0 cautious of when they were gonna turn it on. Final round we hear sniper shots popping off and know what to expect. However we all had our supers. Two of us distracted them from the front with sniper evading whilst our hunter ran and golden gunned all three of them as we threw grenades.

Out1 - you still need a hand? I will be on in a few mins. Already on kadeys friends list so can jump in easy enough

Thanks for the Gifs, my video never saved.

What I was (badly) trying to explain was how do the share settings work

You have two options 1) save a clip from background recording that you can set to a specific amount of time or 2) record the game as your playing

When I hit the share button to save background recording, it never gives me the option to background record again? Or is it a case of letting the PS4 save the video then you can do it or do you have to actually do something with the video

I have it set to 15 mins video. If you want to save a video like after that match yesterday, go into your share menu after the game and hit square to save the video. The video will then appear in your capture gallery. From there you can trim it to the part you want but it's not necessary to do that. From what I understand, your PS4 will then just continue with background recording for the following 15 mins. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place to find your video. Either way I can look up my settings later if you want.

Out 1

And we did it. Thanks for the run guys.

Thanks Kadey, cheers guys! Crota's end was rather anti-climactic:)

Crux evades me, but otherwise got an insane loot drop: auto rifle, pulse rifle, helmet, gloves, and the ship. Oh, and another Universal Remote from DS.

Frenden

Banned
I've been mowing through dudes with my white rarity guns and class with no perks in control. IB + Trials = blueberry baby Warlock's time to shine in vanilla control, haha.

Monster Zero

I'm one win away from my shader. Then I can ne very play this lag infested mode again. It's like tiny mice are carrying the data to each ps4.

I have it set to 15 mins video. If you want to save a video like after that match yesterday, go into your share menu after the game and hit square to save the video. The video will then appear in your capture gallery. From there you can trim it to the part you want but it's not necessary to do that. From what I understand, your PS4 will then just continue with background recording for the following 15 mins. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place to find your video. Either way I can look up my settings later if you want.

What happens is I hold the down share button, the share menu then comes up I hold square to save the clip, then when I hold share again theres no square/save option only upload clip

Yesterday I definitely saved the clip, then I double tapped the share button to start recording gameplay but all I got was 34 seconds of video? It could have been as I'd left the PS4 on all day

I'll try to google more instructions but none of them are very clear

ocean

Banned
People should use that in trials. Its always so frustrating when a ramlock revives and certain victory becomes shiiitttt he won't go down and he's reviving his buddies! I imagine we don't see it much because there aren't many defenders in trials?
Defenders are so full of potential for tricky strats.

WoL buffs Benevolence/LDR Impact tier snipers enough to kill with a body shot - essentially Final Round for every single bullet for your full team. Or Thorn double tap with a headshot and a body shot.

Or used intelligently, bubbles are perfect Super bait. People tend to attack the bubble itself. Lure them in then run out the back and they'll have wasted their Fist or Nova on the Bubble with no kills and making no orbs.

It's not the obvious Trials choice but that's a plus. They're rare enough that most teams won't have a good strategy to deal with bubbles and super-killing grenades.

ocean

Banned
As far as hunters go, is there a consensus on what is better for trials? Gunslinger or blade dancer?
Bladedancers have an almost unfair PvP advantage: Quickdraw. Being able to switch weapons and ADS more quickly is a tremendous advantage. When you need to swap to your special weapon or back to your primary, this perk will often be the difference between a trade and a kill. Not to mention Blink is a broken ability- not just because of Blink shotty but because it's the best defensive escape maneuver of you decide to back off an engagement.

Then there's Arcbolt grenade, which is a little inconsistent at times but is gold when it works. It can tag the entire enemy team and doesn't require precision aim - even if you can't see the enemies, chuck it around the corner and get them tagged. Then you can rush them with a huge upper hand since they'll already have no shields and be easy kills.

Backstab wouldn't be all that OP except it glitches way too often. Sometimes you'll melee someone's face head on and it'll proc as a backstab and get you the one-hit kill.

Golden Gun might be a safer super than Arc Blade to be fair, but that's about the only consistent advantage Gunslingers will have in Trials. Arc Blade isn't too dangerous if the team focus fires, but too often people panic and run - a race they can't generally win.

Anyone doing the Nightfall mind me tagging along with my hunter alt I just got to level 30? I do have a max gally so it'll be a little more than tagging along. Petty easy nightfall this week, beat it twice with just two earlier.

Thanks for persevering through that run. I really stunk it up through Crota, then had to re-learn swordbearing - apologies for being dead most of the time. Now all I need to do is play Crucible for the triumphs. :lol

RE: Crota's End HM: My first thought upon beating him was, I can't believe Bungie shipped that. Lots of utter bullshit for mechanics. With most activities in Destiny you can at least learn something from each failed run at whatever. Here we died half the time from things like the Swordbearer running into an ogre spawn room, making us wait too long and triggering enrage. Just nonsense on top of nonsense for mechanics. It feels like they couldn't figure out a way to make it hard enough, and so they resorted to piles of cheap tricks (don't do too much damage to Crota on the first two swords, or it's a wipe...really?!) to pad it out.

Now you know why hard Crota infuriated so many players and they quit playing Destiny.

Mistakes were made.

Alright arrived at the lady doctor and my girl is up next. Hold me Gaf. I might not be prepared for this.

Baby hype? Good luck and hope for the best.

As far as hunters go, is there a consensus on what is better for trials? Gunslinger or blade dancer?

I've had more success with a Bladedancer. Atleast on most maps. Teams tend to move together and play carefully. Wait till the strikers waste their countersupers and you can often wipe out the entire team easily. (see Kadey's gif) Blink strike and shockgrenade work well on corners.

Gunslinger works better in more open maps like Widow's Court (the castle map on earth)

Ikkarus

The general consensus is the a blade dancer is the better choice:

Blink: Being able to propel yourself around the map quicker has many adavantages such as getting your sniping position down before your opponent or rushing ahead before your opponents have time to band together. Secondly, blink is incredibly useful for getting yourself out of tight situations. Lastly if you go with the shotgun as your secondary then you become much more harder to kill when you're blinking around not to mention blinking above your opponent and then raining down a shotgun blast on them.

Quickdraw: This perk is underestimated by quite a few but it really is such an amazing ability. Being able to switch your weapons quickly greatly enhances your ability to adapt to the situation more. Secondly, I believe this perk stacks with weapons which already have QuickDraw for even faster weapon swaps.

Arc-Bolt Grenade: This grenade is amazing. It can hit opponents around corners which is nothing to be sniffed at but it can also chain and hit other opponents within its area meaning it can potentially hit every opponent in the team and immediately take out their shields.

Lucky Raspberry: In my opinion this is the best exotic for PvP. This piece of armour not only enhances your arc-bolt grenade to be even better but every time you spawn or get revived it gives you back your grenade which is nothing short of amazing in Trials. Plus it has Intellect as its enhancer which means your blade dancing super charges more quickly.

Your Super: The blade dancing super is incredibly good at a few things. One it makes your opponents want to disband from their current position which means you gain the advantage. It is also a Super which lasts quite a while which means you can give chase on opponents who decide to try and run away from you. It is prone to a few weaknesses such as getting a shotgun blast up close or a Titan smash, Nova Bomb or Golden Gun can ruin your day but the real skill is knowing when to use this particular super. It's great for rushing an opponents heavy round (provided you know they don't have a super) it's great for being defensive too when you might be the last guardian standing you can pop your super and make your opponents flee and then revive your team mates.

I could easily go in to more detail about how great a blade dancer is but I'm on my mobile right now and typing all of this isn't easy! ;)

Kurumi

Has Bungie said anything about when they're going to have the $20 upgrade for the TTK CE goodies? Trying to decide if I should just pre-order the $40 version now or wait.

Has Bungie said anything about when they're going to have the $20 upgrade for the TTK CE goodies? Trying to decide if I should just pre-order the $40 version now or wait.

Wait till the last day. Pre-ordering makes zero sense, unless you're trying to get a physical version. I'm gonna hit that pre-order button 5 mins before TTK is launched or made ready for pre-load.

Top Bottom