• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

MrDaravon

Ah okay, thanks for the responses. I knew about the Exclusion zone farming but had never done it myself, the Gorgon farming I didn't know about though.

glaurung

Destiny trolled me so hard on Sunday.

Ran the Vault of Glass for the first time on hard with a bunch of friendly locals. Atheon drops: SUROS Regime, Vision of Confluence and then... Another Vision of Confluence.

Most casual players would be over over the Moon with joy. But I had gotten a Vision of Confluence from a normal run of VoG a week earlier. And I just bought the SUROS cheese grater from Xur. Oh Destiny, you so random. I can post the trophy screenshot when I get back home.

Ran the Vault of Glass for the first time on hard with a bunch of friendly locals. Atheon drops: SUROS Regime, Vision of Confluence and then... Another Vision of Confluence.

Most casual players would be over over the Moon with joy. But I had gotten a Vision of Confluence from a normal run of VoG a week earlier. And I just bought the SUROS cheese grater from Xur. Oh Destiny, you so random. I can post the trophy screenshot when I get back home.

Oh fuck I keep forgetting that I wany a vision.

I also want a crux for Necrochasm. And I have two other classes to levep so I guess my Destiny days are far from over ;)

noomi

This is the way of RNG, it giveth and then... it doesn't giveth... and then it still doesn't giveth.. and then sometimes it giveth but not what you want....

X-Frame

I can't wait until we can re-roll armor pieces.

Being able to re-roll your favorite looking armor pieces to whatever stats you want is so convenient.

I need to know though if it'll apply retroactively to current armor, though more likely only tTK gear and onwards.

Lyonaz

Gratz now you have VoC on all three characters. What you don't have three characters? Why are you even playing this game? :p

Karl2177

Being able to re-roll your favorite looking armor pieces to whatever stats you want is so convenient.

I need to know though if it'll apply retroactively to current armor, though more likely only tTK gear and onwards.
I wouldn't expect rerolling armor.

deadduck

What's the body shot with RR? I'd say both rolls have there advantages depending on your playstyle but having the hidden hand for a guaranteed two headshot kill edges it for me.

RR does 33% more damage after a kill for 3 seconds.

I thought it was 25%, but 33% means 1 clean 3 pulse headshot will 1HK kill (anything but a high armour ram) with WoL and Reactive reload active!

Whoa they are adding this? Nice

Seems logical I just didn't see any mention of these features in the Taken King promos

I guess class armor is also getting more purpose? Ans artifacts slot?

Is there a compilation of all TTK additions that I can read somewhere?

Welp, are you on XBO? If so then you probably ran into my clan members. Trials long stopped being a major point of interest to us due to the lack of skilled matchmaking and guys in my clan started having to create artificial difficulty, by letting themselves go 4-0 down, in order to have some semblance of a challenge, which is usually not a challenge at all but whatever lol.

People are bored man, they gotta keep ToO interesting somehow :p

Hehe, that's sounds like it would be fun to do.

No I was on PS4. I guess I understand making it more difficult but damn. It sucks that teams are doing that just for sport while some of us are trying to just get a single armor peice with 5 wins. Lol

It's all good though

E92 M3

Any of you going blind on further TTK information? I'm thinking about it.

Also, kinda sucks that TTK is not on Amazon's top 100 yet.

Deku Tree

I don't like re-rolling at all. It's boring to do itself. It's required further boring farming in order to be able to keep re-rolling. And then the players who most likely (1) are the most persistent and do the most boring amount of farming for the longest times, get the most OP weapons and can kill you in PvP seconds faster than you can kill them and that makes a huge difference or (2) the players who get really lucky with re-rolls all of a sudden get the best perks that you don't have and then they have a big advantage against you... and then again you have to either have (1) or (2) happen in order to compete.

With the re-rolling system there will always be a ideal OP weapon and perk combination, and there will always be a "meta" that everyone uses. Bungie is planning to try to destroy the "Hand Cannon / crazy range Shotgun Meta" in a month or so and they claim their ultimate goal is to have lots of different weapon and perk combo possibilities for you to bring in to the Crucible and be competitive but IMO the re-rolling system means that ultimately Bungie's stated goal for the game will never actually be achieved.

noomi

Nah, I need all the info I can get to hype myself up lol. I will be going into the raid blind... well until I get frustrated and look up starts on how to efficiently beat it :p

Kyoufu

Don't you want some surprises left?

Yes and no. Knowledge of information can help you plan better for TTK's arrival.

Like, if they reveal that they'll let you trade in materials for stuff or your 2000+ Plasteel Plating will have a use in TTK then that will be helpful between now and then.

However as far as the raid goes, I'm avoiding all info about that for sure.

Morning DGAF.

I went to my buddies' place last night, had some tacos and beer, then came home to play IB on my Titan. I decided in my taco/beer infused state to give the Hawkmoon another try. My second match, I completed the Iron Wrath bounty and proceeded to easily get to rank three in about an hour. I underestimated how awesome the sights are on the Hawkmoon.

Anyone who uses it exclusively have any tips? What numbers am I looking for so I know when to reload?

E92 M3

Yes and no. Knowledge of information can help you plan better for TTK's arrival.

Like, if they reveal that they'll let you trade in materials for stuff or your 2000+ Plasteel Plating will have a use in TTK then that will be helpful between now and then.

However as far as the raid goes, I'm avoiding all info about that for sure.

That stuff I want to know, but mission details I'd like to remain blind on. I think they will be showing the 1st mission at Gamescom and I want to be blind on that.

PuMa

Don't you want some surprises left?

I'm already pretty hyped for it and want some surprises ;)

It's not like they are going to spill all the beans. Also, I don't really think there is much to be surprised by. I'll go into the new raid blind, of course, but things like upgrade options, what new gear is available, etc... all that I'd prefer to know up front.

RR does 33% more damage after a kill for 3 seconds.

I thought it was 25%, but 33% means 1 clean 3 pulse headshot will 1HK kill (anything but a high armour ram) with WoL and Reactive reload active!

Pretty situational as you'd be depending on the WoL buff and reload perk, it also includes the reload time in the 3 seconds as well iirc

E92 M3

It's not like they are going to spill all the beans. Also, I don't really think there is much to be surprised by. I'll go into the new raid blind, of course, but things like upgrade options, what new gear is available, etc... all that I'd prefer to know up front.

I want gear to be a surprise - at least the exotics. Remember the hype when we found out about the Mythoclast? I want that feeling again.

Waldini

He lagged and whatever but why even bother sending the message, posting about that here and mocking him? (atleast you blocked his gamertag so good on you) Your post shows a bit of salty behaviour especially the last line in all honesty...which I get because you were frustrated because he was red barring (but do realise that so were you...for him because that's the nature of P2P). These are stuff we come across everyday in crucible.

Besides lag won't mean he can one hit melee kill you (especially with the blade dance armour buff, you won't die even with a blink strike backstab I believe). He probably did get all the hits but it poped up different on your screen (due to lag for both of you) or maybe you did take some damage before and then took a blink strike, I've killed countless bladedancers like this. The reason I say this is that a lot of times people do not notice that they have taken damage, I myself say " How the fuck did I get killed by the first strike of lightning grenade/melee at full health" Then I look at my own video and see that I was already damaged or not fully recovered.

Frustration of lag should be put on the game unless it's done so deliberately by lag switching, not the person. Games actually play just fine even on a lowly 512kbps connection, unless it's an unstable connection. Then you have other variables like the quality of ISP networking, location and the game's networking (which takes into account the former)....all factors outside of the person. Basically...blame the game.

How... How am I mocking him, exactly? People with shit connections shouldn't even be in a lobby where 90% have "green" connections. Give them a lobby of their own. Problem solved. Sure, I agree that it's not nice on my part to "shame" his name here.

But ... I am lagging for him too? Eh? What? Do you even know what you are talking about? He's a red-bar. Meaning his latency is shit. Sure, we might see him move on our screen ... but on his screen he might be miles away from where we see him. Giving him an advantage in PvP. "Ha! What a dumbass. Walking into walls. Is he stupid or something?" And then, after you've seen him hugging the wall he appears behind you and shotguns your ass. There's a reason why red-bar players are nearly ALWAYS the "top" player in PvP. This happens in COD, Battlefield, Destiny and any other shooter. Why do you think people use a "lag" switch (in other words, create a RED-BAR connection) in Trials of Osiris? Just to make me lag, as you've stated? No. It's to create a big advantage in order to secure loot and win.

512KBps? Really? The minimum is set at 10MBps. Sure, it might be sarcasm on your part ... but every-single-time Iron Banner is around these laggers pop up from everywhere. I don't mind losing from someone who is better than me at PvP. But seeing a red-bar player taking a Titan Smash in the face and walk away from it? Or dodge a Blade-Dancer with his chin? Nah.

Kyoufu

Anyone else hoping they make relic/artifact gear similar to Legendaries in WoW, Relics in FFXI etc?

I want standout weapons and armor that are incredibly rare in the game yet hold great power above all other loot. Perhaps class specific too.

deadduck

Pretty situational as you'd be depending on the WoL buff and reload perk, it also includes the reload time in the 3 seconds as well iirc

Of course, but you can trigger reactive from a kill (any kill), shooting a box or a grenade then reload. You're up to 156 in a burst strait away.

The only comparison with HH I can make is my Her Benevolence with HH and my LDR without. I don't find and difference, personally... However I do get the feeling it'll be a lot more useful with something firing in 3 shot bursts.

I need another hopscotch for science.

Arrrammis

Morning DGAF.

I went to my buddies' place last night, had some tacos and beer, then came home to play IB on my Titan. I decided in my taco/beer infused state to give the Hawkmoon another try. My second match, I completed the Iron Wrath bounty and proceeded to easily get to rank three in about an hour. I underestimated how awesome the sights are on the Hawkmoon.

Anyone who uses it exclusively have any tips? What numbers am I looking for so I know when to reload?
For precision hits, 120 something means one perk procced, 168 mean two procced on the same shot, and 200 something means all 3 activated on the same shot. For body shots, 86 means one round procced, not sure about the other two though.

I don't like re-rolling at all. It's boring to do itself. It's required further boring farming in order to be able to keep re-rolling. And then the players who most likely (1) are the most persistent and do the most boring amount of farming for the longest times, get the most OP weapons and can kill you in PvP seconds faster than you can kill them and that makes a huge difference or (2) the players who get really lucky with re-rolls all of a sudden get the best perks that you don't have and then they have a big advantage against you... and then again you have to either have (1) or (2) happen in order to compete.

With the re-rolling system there will always be a ideal OP weapon and perk combination, and there will always be a "meta" that everyone uses. Bungie is planning to try to destroy the "Hand Cannon / crazy range Shotgun Meta" in a month or so and they claim their ultimate goal is to have lots of different weapon and perk combo possibilities for you to bring in to the Crucible and be competitive but IMO the re-rolling system means that ultimately Bungie's stated goal for the game will never actually be achieved.

I think it would be better if they took out rerolling and massively increased the drop rate.

Slermy

Hey Destiny GAf, I could use some advice:

So, I'm only level 33, but I'm wondering if I should use my one Etheric Light, or just save it at this point.

Is it worth upgrading something that will be outclassed in a month?

Or is it better to use it now since it'll likely be a whole new mechanic to upgrade gear in The Taken King and Etheric Light will become just as useless as Radiant materials?

Homeboyd

Hey Destiny GAf, I could use some advice:

So, I'm only level 33, but I'm wondering if I should use my one Etheric Light, or just save it at this point.

Is it worth upgrading something that will be outclassed in a month?

Or is it better to use it now since it'll likely be a whole new mechanic to upgrade gear in The Taken King and Etheric Light will become just as useless as Radiant materials?
imo it's always best to get to max level for end-game stuff (skolas, 34 poe, trials/IB) than to just save mats for no reason other than to save mats. I'd get to 34 if I was you. Odds are (based on the description of what etheric light actually is), it'll be useless in ttk. Use it now while it has a useful purpose. Plus you can then more easily run 34 poe's which are guaranteed etherics if you need more.

This. I like this idea a lot. Even if I somehow manage to get everything in the game, I'm not going to stop playing it Bungie.

I think it would make the game more fun. As it stands I have had nearly every weapon drop for me so when I get a dupe I don't really care and I shard it immediately because I already rolled a better version. If it was random but at a higher rate every drop would be exciting. What if the new Party Crasher that just dropped for me had better perks? It doesn't, maybe a couple more matches and I'll get one that does.

Any members of SEXY online and available for a quick strike?s

It's the last remaining trophy left =)

Welcome to the clan. There should be some online, I think it's too early for most US based clan members..give it a few hours.

You can post on the clan page on bungie.net and i'll add you to the psn group.

ocean

Banned
Welcome to the clan. There should be some online, I think it's too early for most US based clan members..give it a few hours.

You can post on the clan page on bungie.net and i'll add you to the psn group.
Add me to the PSN group too! Didn't know we had one :( I'm a_javierp on PSN

hydruxo

Yeah I think I'm going to avoid that livestream that Bungie has planned for TTK. No need to spoil it really.

If they show off a new PVP map at Gamescom this week I'll check it out though.

X-Frame

I think it would be better if they took out rerolling and massively increased the drop rate.

I'd prefer this as well. The last time I had a legendary engram drop in the wild must be months. Conversely, playing Diablo 3 and I can have 4-5 Legendary items drop in a single run.

I don't know why it's not a thing where stronger enemies/bosses drop Legendary's often. Playing the harder strikes should show an increased and consistent drop rate of Legendary items. If they want to make the strikes harder by all means I'd love that if "harder" didn't mean just more bullet sponges with the rewards being showered with engrams.

Engrams should explode out of strike bosses. Save the endgame stats screen for stats. It doesn't have that same affect just waiting for the stats screen to give engrams/items compared to finding them in the wild -- at least for me.

More engrams in the wild and less (or none) in the end screen means that people will be less inclined to want to rush through strikes just to get to the end and instead want to kill everything.

My 0.02.

I'd prefer this as well. The last time I had a legendary engram drop in the wild must be months. Conversely, playing Diablo 3 and I can have 4-5 Legendary items drop in a single run.

I don't know why it's not a thing where stronger enemies/bosses drop Legendary's often. Playing the harder strikes should show an increased and consistent drop rate of Legendary items. If they want to make the strikes harder by all means I'd love that if "harder" didn't mean just more bullet sponges with the rewards being showered with engrams.

Engrams should explode out of strike bosses. Save the endgame stats screen for stats. It doesn't have that same affect just waiting for the stats screen to give engrams/items compared to finding them in the wild -- at least for me.

More engrams in the wild and less (or none) in the end screen means that people will be less inclined to want to rush through strikes just to get to the end and instead want to kill everything.

My 0.02.

Destiny is a slot machine. That's they effe t they're going for, the results screen is literally the slots.

I totally agree, especially with this part ^. This is part of what makes loot games like Borderlands fun. You take down a boss and see gear fly everywhere and you run around like a kid on Christmas morning trying to grab it all and see which ones you like.

geordiemp

just had a team kill themselves to get us to 4 and 0 so they could come back and tea bag us every round.

fuck I hate trials.

LOL, same almost happened to us..

we had a game where they messaged us before the game started saying they would let us win and to dance.

For the first 4 games they danced. They were all TOO mercury badged up with optimum guns / specs and stats.

In the fifth round they came in hard, but we super wiped them lol.

How on earth did you not super them into oblivion ?

E92 M3

I totally agree, especially with this part ^. This is part of what makes loot games like Borderlands fun. You take down a boss and see gear fly everywhere and you run around like a kid on Christmas morning trying to grab it all and see which ones you like.

I think TTK will be introducing that. They are going for rewarding us for everything we do. Wolves DLC has already showed the direction they want.

Monster Zero

Anyone else hoping they make relic/artifact gear similar to Legendaries in WoW, Relics in FFXI etc?

I want standout weapons and armor that are incredibly rare in the game yet hold great power above all other loot. Perhaps class specific too.

A pulse rifle equivalent of amano.... Just make it take 3 real life years to get and I'm with ya

Homeboyd

Just making sure Bungie sees the weekly reminder that Skolas/35 PoE is a crap encounter with terrible rewards in the hopes that one day before 2017 it'll be fixed. Pls make the following changes:

- Rewards now = 2 etheric light, 1 weapon core, 1 armor core (seriously, I get 3x the etheric from 1 trials run in 45 min)
- Guaranteed random primary drop with elemental damage
- Chance at random PoE armor drop
- Trials-like passage checkpoint system so you can re-enter where you left off (fireteam members must also have passages with at least your checkpoint completed or further to join)
- Devouring debuff timer increased by 10 seconds
- Mines timer increased by 5 seconds
- Defender bubbles block psion blasts
- Pilot servitor round 5 boss health reduced by ~1/3
- Increase in exotic chances from the large PoE chest
- Add non-queen legendaries to PoE large chest

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

I think TTK will be introducing that. They are going for rewarding us for everything we do. Wolves DLC has already showed the direction they want.

I hope so. I have some faith that they will. House of Wolves was already a large improvement upon TDB. I'm really excited to see what the new patrol activities are and the new public events you can trigger. I think these could be a fun new avenue for loot.

Top Bottom