• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Kurumi

Wait till the last day. Pre-ordering makes zero sense, unless you're trying to get a physical version. I'm gonna hit that pre-order button 5 mins before TTK is launched or made ready for pre-load.

Well alright then. I'll just do that. I was going to get the digital version.

nOoblet16

Bladedancers have an almost unfair PvP advantage: Quickdraw. Being able to switch weapons and ADS more quickly is a tremendous advantage. When you need to swap to your special weapon or back to your primary, this perk will often be the difference between a trade and a kill. Not to mention Blink is a broken ability- not just because of Blink shotty but because it's the best defensive escape maneuver of you decide to back off an engagement.

Then there's Arcbolt grenade, which is a little inconsistent at times but is gold when it works. It can tag the entire enemy team and doesn't require precision aim - even if you can't see the enemies, chuck it around the corner and get them tagged. Then you can rush them with a huge upper hand since they'll already have no shields and be easy kills.

Backstab wouldn't be all that OP except it glitches way too often. Sometimes you'll melee someone's face head on and it'll proc as a backstab and get you the one-hit kill.

Golden Gun might be a safer super than Arc Blade to be fair, but that's about the only consistent advantage Gunslingers will have in Trials. Arc Blade isn't too dangerous if the team focus fires, but too often people panic and run - a race they can't generally win.
I have come to a conclusion, Bladedancer has the highest high (my highest kill count was with a bladedancer) but on an average I do worse with it than Gunslinger when it comes to KDR and kill count. Also throwing knife and exploding golden gun are quite good.

Blink is great but the twitchy jump gunslingers have has it's own use. And Quickdraw is an amazing perk, probably the best exclusive perk, and you miss it an awful lot when you play without it but it's only essential if you keep to the same play style that you do when you play Bladedancer. When you play gunslinger you should play a passive aggressive playstyle, which is also the optimal playstyle for TLW. Coupled up with things like throwing knives, tripmine and a jump that complements the hip fire bonus of TLW and what you have is a class that fits TLW like a glove. I really do believe gunslinger is the class if you want to make best use of TLW and it was the intention of the developers, even the golden gun model is that of TLW's on fire :p

Basically you just need to adapt to it and build your gameplay around what's available to you and you'll see that there are perks and disadvantages to both.

theJwac

Need 1 more for Skolas on Xbox One right now. We are at the big guy, but our 3rd had to go. Come help us out if you're up for it! Message me @ theJwac if interested.

geordiemp

Bladedancers have an almost unfair PvP advantage: Quickdraw. Being able to switch weapons and ADS more quickly is a tremendous advantage. When you need to swap to your special weapon or back to your primary, this perk will often be the difference between a trade and a kill. Not to mention Blink is a broken ability- not just because of Blink shotty but because it's the best defensive escape maneuver of you decide to back off an engagement.

Then there's Arcbolt grenade, which is a little inconsistent at times but is gold when it works. It can tag the entire enemy team and doesn't require precision aim - even if you can't see the enemies, chuck it around the corner and get them tagged. Then you can rush them with a huge upper hand since they'll already have no shields and be easy kills.

Backstab wouldn't be all that OP except it glitches way too often. Sometimes you'll melee someone's face head on and it'll proc as a backstab and get you the one-hit kill.

Golden Gun might be a safer super than Arc Blade to be fair, but that's about the only consistent advantage Gunslingers will have in Trials. Arc Blade isn't too dangerous if the team focus fires, but too often people panic and run - a race they can't generally win.

I find that Voidwalker = Blade dancer in all respects.

OK you dont have Quickdraw

But voidfang = Lucky rasberry and then some....Sunbros and titans just cant deal with those 2 or 3 purple balls of fun chasing them.

So Voidwalker has better grenade (situational, arc is better against blinkers, Void better against titans and sunbros), super is situational....

And of course sunbro has excellent grenades and abilities in trials...

The class I have trouble with in trials every week getting to Mercury is Titan...which is only good as a nade spammer on tighter smaller maps where the super becomes useful, or as the designated sniper. When i say trouble I mean I tend to contribute less to the trials team as a titan on larger maps.

maomaoIYP

So Voidwalker has better grenade (situational, arc is better against blinkers, Void better against titans and sunbros), super is situational....

The most counter-intuitive thing about the axion bolt is that you should never throw it directly at someone, catching them with the initial explosion only does a worthless 40 damage. But yeah, I like it for flushing people out from cover.

Waldini

O! I encountered a true Crucible Champion yesterday!

Me and a friend BladeDanced towards him. We tried to kick his ass but he was so good! That 1-hit-melee kill when at full health.

IMG_3411.png

He's the number 267th in the World guys.

Lnkn52

Me and a friend BladeDanced towards him. We tried to kick his ass but he was so good!

IMG_3411.png

267th is pretty good when you have millions that play. But if he's playing on McDonald's Internet, I question if that ranking is legit.

Waldini

267th is pretty good when you have millions that play. But if he's playing on McDonald's Internet, I question if that ranking is legit.

He was in several IB games after that happened. Always on top, always on red-bar. One moment you'd see him ... the other he'd warp all over the place. At one point 4 of us got him cornered and he managed to lay waste to all four of us. Funny thing was, we were all shooting at something different. Friend of mine saw him in the middle ... while the others saw him at the back of the map.

O well, guess that's Iron Banner. Had a pretty good haul. Jolder's Hammer, Radegast, Party Crasher and Spear :)

Lnkn52

He was in several IB games after that happened. Always on top, always on red-bar. One moment you'd see him ... the other he'd warp all over the place. At one point 4 of us got him cornered and he managed to lay waste to all four of us. Funny thing was, we were all shooting at something different. Friend of mine saw him in the middle ... while the others saw him at the back of the map.

O well, guess that's Iron Banner. Had a pretty good haul. Jolder's Hammer, Radegast, Party Crasher and Spear :)

They should just match up those with bad Internet connection in the same lobby.

Waldini

They should just match up those with bad Internet connection in the same lobby.

Best thing Bungie/Activision could do is auto-kick those with bad connections. Or put them in the same lobby.

You got a bad connection for more then 30 seconds? Get a friendly kick or get placed in a different lobby.

ocean

Banned
I have come to a conclusion, Bladedancer has the highest high (my highest kill count was with a bladedancer) but on an average I do worse with it than Gunslinger when it comes to KDR and kill count. Also throwing knife and exploding golden gun are quite good.

Blink is great but the twitchy jump gunslingers have has it's own use. And Quickdraw is an amazing perk, probably the best exclusive perk, and you miss it an awful lot when you play without it but it's only essential if you keep to the same play style that you do when you play Bladedancer. When you play gunslinger you should play a passive aggressive playstyle, which is also the optimal playstyle for TLW. Coupled up with things like throwing knives, tripmine and a jump that complements the hip fire bonus of TLW and what you have is a class that fits TLW like a glove. I really do believe gunslinger is the class if you want to make best use of TLW and it was the intention of the developers, even the golden gun model is that of TLW's on fire :p

Basically you just need to adapt to it and build your gameplay around what's available to you and you'll see that there are perks and disadvantages to both.
I know what you mean. I always (mostly) get 3 kills with Golden Gun, whereas Arc Blade can mean a single kill or maybe 5. I've just grown so used to the aggressive play style of Bladedancer that when playing anything else I die way too often switching weapons when I couldn't or trying to jump away from danger where blink would have saved me but a normal jump just makes me a target.

I think I'd main Gunslinger if I weren't absolute trash with the jumping knife :p and since i don't play bumper jumper I can't really hipfire in the air effectively so that's another strong advantage that I can't make use of. I do love it for PvE because of the perk tree (stability and reload perks feel so good) and triple jump is fantastic fun.

Daemul

just had a team kill themselves to get us to 4 and 0 so they could come back and tea bag us every round.

fuck I hate trials.

Welp, are you on XBO? If so then you probably ran into my clan members. Trials long stopped being a major point of interest to us due to the lack of skilled matchmaking and guys in my clan started having to create artificial difficulty, by letting themselves go 4-0 down, in order to have some semblance of a challenge, which is usually not a challenge at all but whatever lol.

Damn

That is living life on the edge.

Why are there so many REDACTED in trials?

People are bored man, they gotta keep ToO interesting somehow :p

They would even let us revive each other and they'd run away and dance.

Hehe, that's sounds like it would be fun to do.

Nuszka

Morning dgaf !!! Feel fully rejuvenated after weekend at work, off today but got a lot of real life stuff needing attention first before i get sucked in tonight. Btw thanks to Noomi again for this awesome stream last night, dude every time you shouted i had to lower the volume on my iPad as my wife was sleeping next to me on my bed. Watching trials on twitch is something i do these days while falling asleep. Congrats on that third solar jewel lol.

nOoblet16

Me and a friend BladeDanced towards him. We tried to kick his ass but he was so good! That 1-hit-melee kill when at full health.

IMG_3411.png

He lagged and whatever but why even bother sending the message, posting about that here and mocking him? (atleast you blocked his gamertag so good on you) Your post shows a bit of salty behaviour especially the last line in all honesty...which I get because you were frustrated because he was red barring (but do realise that so were you...for him because that's the nature of P2P). These are stuff we come across everyday in crucible.

Besides lag won't mean he can one hit melee kill you (especially with the blade dance armour buff, you won't die even with a blink strike backstab I believe). He probably did get all the hits but it poped up different on your screen (due to lag for both of you) or maybe you did take some damage before and then took a blink strike, I've killed countless bladedancers like this. The reason I say this is that a lot of times people do not notice that they have taken damage, I myself say " How the fuck did I get killed by the first strike of lightning grenade/melee at full health" Then I look at my own video and see that I was already damaged or not fully recovered.

Frustration of lag should be put on the game unless it's done so deliberately by lag switching, not the person. Games actually play just fine even on a lowly 512kbps connection, unless it's an unstable connection. Then you have other variables like the quality of ISP networking, location and the game's networking (which takes into account the former)....all factors outside of the person. Basically...blame the game.

ocean

Banned
Welp, are you on XBO? If so then you probably ran into my clan members. Trials long stopped being a major point of interest to us due to the lack of skilled matchmaking and guys in my clan started having to create artificial difficulty, by letting themselves go 4-0 down, in order to have some semblance of a challenge, which is usually not a challenge at all but whatever lol.

People are bored man, they gotta keep ToO interesting somehow :p

Hehe, that's sounds like it would be fun to do.
I saw Nghtly and Legend once just letting a guy get revives and headshotting over and over. They ended the match by mistake when a headshot killed the guy reviving and pierced the head for a double kill :p

Super fun to watch but must have been super frustrating for those guys

noomi

Morning DGAF! What a fine day!

Another week, another reset, another weekly update, another xur, another trials. All coming your way ;)

Morning dgaf !!! Feel fully rejuvenated after weekend at work, off today but got a lot of real life stuff needing attention first before i get sucked in tonight. Btw thanks to Noomi again for this awesome stream last night, dude every time you shouted i had to lower the volume on my iPad as my wife was sleeping next to me on my bed. Watching trials on twitch is something i do these days while falling asleep. Congrats on that third solar jewel lol.

Dude, I had such a blast with those guys last night, XO and Yung Gunnerz are really on another level; love running with those guys.

There were some heated matches, and I tend to get easily excited shouting out curses and random jibber jabber haha. Also we've started using the air horn during hype, so you probably heard a bit of it last night :p

Just checked and nope. Pm a screen shot of the trophy and we should be good. I'm a bit backup so the list will be updated by this evening.
Cool, I'll add you on PSN. I'm not too tech savvy so thats the easieat way I think. I'll send you my trophy picture.
Edit: just send you a psn message:)

Skele7on

Banned
there I am pretty drunk playing doubles alone using NLB when Wicked and fig show up.

I have absolutely no idea why my random decided to just feed kills.

Remote play has failed me. Vita detects PS4 but after a few minutes of trying tells me the internet connection isn't strong enough for remote play.

Oh well, I'm only 16000 kms away from my PS4 :p

Nuszka

Morning DGAF! What a find day!

Dude, I had such a blast with those guys last night, XO and Yung Gunnerz are really on another level; love running with those guys.

There were some heated matches, and I tend to get easily excited shouting out curses and random jibber jabber haha. Also we've started using the air horn during hype, so you probably heard a bit of it last night :p

Was so fun, anyway i should be on tonight if not i will be definitely tomorrow for reset time , haven't played with you for like over a month, time flies.

Izuna

Banned

Depends on the team imho. Blink on its own is much better for the heavy round etc.

If they run shottys and blink, you need it too.

I usually use Gunslinger if they have 2 or more snipers, but I played with Bladedancer with NLB, Matador and did super well.

noomi

Remote play has failed me. Vita detects PS4 but after a few minutes of trying tells me the internet connection isn't strong enough for remote play.

Oh well, I'm only 16000 kms away from my PS4 :p

I had a hard time doing remote play when I was on vacation as well. About 1,200 miles away from home. Once I got the "upgraded" hotel internet package, i was able to... for a bit.

Seems you need a steady 5MB/s connection to be able to connect.

Was so fun, anyway i should be on tonight if not i will be definitely tomorrow for reset time , haven't played with you for like over a month, time flies.

Hah, I know man, I might be on tonight. REALLY need to start Far Cry 4 today, but no worries, TTK is about a month away and we trio will resume killing baddies again :p

I had a hard time doing remote play when I was on vacation as well. About 1,200 miles away from home. Once I got the "upgraded" hotel internet package, i was able to... for a bit.

Seems you need a steady 5MB/s connection to be able to connect.

It's probably my rubbish upload speed back home.

deadduck

After checking out that damage on the Planet Destiny Hopskotch review I'm gonna reroll my feeding/braced/seeker for outlaw/braced/reactive later.

That headshot with reactive is too good to miss out on.

After checking out that damage on the Planet Destiny Hopskotch review I'm gonna reroll my feeding/braced/seeker for outlaw/braced/reactive later.

I've been trying for ages to get another for that roll, even feeding frenzy would work, paired with pulse reload gloves the reload speed is insane with outlaw and it's not much less with FF

noomi

I've had a friend recently re-roll, I prefer hidden hand with third eye.

With maxed stability, you're pretty much getting all headshots anyway :D

deadduck

I've had a friend recently re-roll, I prefer hidden hand with third eye.

With maxed stability, you're pretty much getting all headshots anyway :D

Have you tried without HH?

Current roll has Max stability and like you say can get all headshots unless you're playing like its Red Death!

Been playing normal crucible with an unlevelled Suros, so much fun to take out Thorn users.

noomi

Have you tried without HH?

Current roll has Max stability and like you say can get all headshots unless you're playing like its Red Death!

Been playing normal crucible with an unlevelled Suros, so much fun to take out Thorn users.

Haven't tried without hidden hand yet, but I can see how it could kick some ass too. It think it comes down to personal preference really, whatever gets you consistent kills is the best roll :)

deadduck

My first roll I maxed had handlaid and headseeker, my current one is braced and hidden hand. The difference is night and day - I'm currently around 60% precision kills in crucible with it

Nice!

Torn between a 52 headshot of reactive (potential to 1HK low armour builds with WoL) and HH now!

MrDaravon

Baliis I played a couple of games this morning on my Warlock, you're right Axion Bolt is bullshit lol.

Okay, so does anyone have a link or can explain the glimmer farming everyone is doing? I've decided to pick up the IB armor pieces for my characters since most of them are on par or slightly better than my vendor/trash purples I have now, but they look way cooler :3. Right now I'm tapped out glimmer-wise, and I still need to earn/buy the last two Etheric Lights on my Warlock. I have about 25k in Cryptarch items but would prefer to avoid using them if I can.

maomaoIYP

Baliis I played a couple of games this morning on my Warlock, you're right Axion Bolt is bullshit lol.

Okay, so does anyone have a link or can explain the glimmer farming everyone is doing? I've decided to pick up the IB armor pieces for my characters since most of them are on par or slightly better than my vendor/trash purples I have now, but they look way cooler :3. Right now I'm tapped out glimmer-wise, and I still need to earn/buy the last two Etheric Lights on my Warlock. I have about 25k in Cryptarch items but would prefer to avoid using them if I can.

Exclusion zone on hard. Run right through the doors when they open, the 2nd drop ship immediately spawns. Rocket/super both groups of yellows. Kill yourself. Repeat. I got 25K under an hour. Remember to use a glimmer bonus item.

Nice!

Torn between a 52 headshot of reactive (potential to 1HK low armour builds with WoL) and HH now!

What's the body shot with RR? I'd say both rolls have there advantages depending on your playstyle but having the hidden hand for a guaranteed two headshot kill edges it for me.

Also not sure if it's glitched and it doesn't make a huge difference but head shots have been hitting for 39x3 a lot lately

Anastasis

Also, there's farming gatekeeper on normal VoG (hard can work as well). Run clockwise around the map killing all yellow bar enemies using shotguns and supers. Don't kill gatekeeper, die and repeat popping blue polyphage as needed. Works better as a team of at least two.

Top Bottom