• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

WipedOut

Nope, Tampa is a 3 Hour + ride for me, plus it's going to be filled with streamers who will probably talk about the numbers of followers and subscribers they have.

That is about 30 minutes away from me, I would go if I didn't have family coming in. I would probably smack the shit out of that annoying twat broman.

Namikaze1

How was your salvage journey? I think I have 16 more skirmish wins until I need to move on to Salvage and Rumble and just thinking about playing Salvage hurts my heart.
X__XO__O and Gunner helped cut what I needed for rank 3 by more than half. Went from needing around 40 to just 17 with them. Played a few games by myself before teaming up with a few gaffers like ocean for more salvage. After they left, all I needed were two wins. Went solo and got the two wins I needed in exactly two matches.

It wasn't an easy road. You all read me bitching about my team of randoms screwing up.

Zemm

I started this yesterday and am up to level 12 already, it's very good. I guess I should just keep doing the story and strikes until 20, is it worth carrying on once I've reached 20 or should I wait for the expansion? I don't have the dlc, I don't even have Destiny, I'm borrowing it. Maybe I'll level a new class, dunno how different the experience is?

noomi

X__XO__O and Gunner helped cut what I needed for rank 3 by more than half. Went from needing around 40 to just 17 with them. Played a few games by myself before teaming up with a few gaffers like ocean for more salvage. After they left, all I needed were two wins. Went solo and got the two wins I needed in exactly two matches.

It wasn't an easy road. You all read me bitching about my team of randoms screwing up.

The thing that sucks the most about salvage is how long the rounds take. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game-mode, but if you're losing, your going to lose for 15 minutes and like it :/

Akai XIII

Rolled my Red Hand IX with:
Truesight/Sureshot/Quickdraw
Final Round
Flared Magwell/Extended Mag/Braced Frame
Luck in the Chamber

Keeper?

It's so weird that a site named Wasted on Destiny doesn't include Tower & Orbit times. That's the wasted time, if anything. And that's like 25% more than the site shows.

366 hours per WastedOnDestiny.com is actually: 512 hours.

28% different.

Lee

It's so weird that a site named Wasted on Destiny doesn't include Tower & Orbit times. That's the wasted time, if anything. And that's like 25% more than the site shows.

366 hours per WastedOnDestiny.com is actually: 512 hours.

28% different.

Good point. Interesting that Bungie's API doesn't count that time but Xbox and Playstation do.

rNilla

Can somebody please tookinify my avatar? I wanna join the party

Ga3uQpG.png

OMG Howard Stern is playing crank calls about a Gjallarhorn Tumor!

He's calling old women and saying that their grandson has the tumor. Then, they're playing reaction clips of people saying, "Oh my God, I got a Gjallarhorn!" and freaking the women out.

Namikaze1

The thing that sucks the most about salvage is how long the rounds take. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game-mode, but if you're losing, your going to lose for 15 minutes and like it :/
My problems were that almost every time I went solo, I ended up facing a pre-made fireteam, had randoms quitting, and got put on the team with the lower levels. Some of my random teammates played salvage as if it was clash. They did shit in capturing or defusing salvage points.

Anyway, how's yours coming along?

I started this yesterday and am up to level 12 already, it's very good. I guess I should just keep doing the story and strikes until 20, is it worth carrying on once I've reached 20 or should I wait for the expansion? I don't have the dlc, I don't even have Destiny, I'm borrowing it. Maybe I'll level a new class, dunno how different the experience is?

I'd try to get to 26 and do the vault of glass raid. Best part of vanilla destiny.

We did 2 noob raids over the weekend and I didn't know why the doors were closed in the Gorgon maze and at the Gorgon chest until someone told me. :(

Wait. Why is that? I've never seen the doors closed.

Thanks!

noomi

My problems were that almost every time I went solo, I ended up facing a pre-made fireteam, had randoms quitting, and got put on the team with the lower levels. Some of my random teammates played salvage as if it was clash. They did shit in capturing or defusing salvage points.

Anyway, how's yours coming along?

Slowly but surely... still have a long way to go.

25/100 salvage
50/100 skirmish

I haven't posted or been on GAF since like last Thursday, I had a nasty head cold. Back at work today though.

Anything good happen that I missed? Waiting on some new GameInformer stuff it seems?

Does anyone else feel like Destiny is awkward to talk about in person? I play with my brother and friend all the time, and have a few friends who also play, and conversation while playing about the game or other stuff is always great, but when Destiny comes up elsewhere it justs feels really awkward to talk about in real life.

Anyone else? Halo was always easy to talk about.

I don't know.

It doesn't help that someone might overhear you talking about minotaurs, knights, hobgoblins and wizards.

1) what armor piece will Variks be selling next week? Is there a set cycle or is it totally random?

2) which 'weapon core' gun(s) from Variks is(are) the best?

3) do you get anything other than an emblem from attaining all Moments of Triumph?

4) will ALL of the SUROS preorder stuff eventually be attainable without preordering TTK? Is there anything that can only be attained by preordering TTK?

5) will the $20 digital collector's edition pack be available to preorder? or will that show up on launch?
anyone?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Imagine the headlines. Rich destiny players rent yacht and pickup other players on the high seas. Gets attacked by pirates. They have experience dealing with fallen pirates and quickly sink their boats.
When the reporter asked why, the yacht owner said "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" and screamed "We've awoken the hive" and sailed off into the sunset.

todd360

1) what armor piece will Variks be selling next week? Is there a set cycle or is it totally random? Set Cycle I think. Not 100% sure

2) which 'weapon core' gun(s) from Variks is(are) the best? They all suck

3) do you get anything other than an emblem from attaining all Moments of Triumph? No

4) will ALL of the SUROS preorder stuff eventually be attainable without preordering TTK? Is there anything that can only be attained by preordering TTK? Yes

5) will the $20 digital collector's edition pack be available to preorder? or will that show up on launch? Probably launch, but who knows.

Namikaze1

1) what armor piece will Variks be selling next week? Is there a set cycle or is it totally random?

2) which 'weapon core' gun(s) from Variks is(are) the best?

3) do you get anything other than an emblem from attaining all Moments of Triumph?

4) will ALL of the SUROS preorder stuff eventually be attainable without preordering TTK? Is there anything that can only be attained by preordering TTK

5) will the $20 digital collector's edition pack be available to preorder? or will that show up on launch?
1) set cycle
2) shadow of veils (ignore Todd on this one)
3) just an emblem
4) yes, this just gives folks who preordered early access to them
5) I honestly don't know.

Top Bottom