• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Before TTK comes out they're going to reveal everything bar the Raid aren't they? They did something similar with HoW, we pretty much saw everything except the Lighthouse and even that was datamined. Not that there was all that much to see, ToO has saved this expansion big time.

So I think I'd like to run Crota once before the xpack. Normal mode is fine and mostly just to say that I did it. This should be a totally attainable goal through this thread yeah? What's a rough time frame of the length of the raid? I remember vault took a billion years when I first ran it. I just want to make sure I set aside enough time to do it in any given day.

30-45 mins depending on how sword goes.

Namikaze1

Story huh?
Leonardo-DiCaprio-Django-Unchained-You-Had-my-Curiosity.gif

Have you updated your controller firmware?

I used to get frequent controller disconnects, then somewhere along they way between Xbox system updates and controller firmware updates, it's down to about 1 or 2 disconnects a week.

Hmm I'm not sure if I did both of my controllers now that you mention it. Thanks, I'll have to check when I get home!

Silvard

Would any fellas out there be willing to carry my level 32 self through PoE 32&34 (twice on the 34) in an hour or so? I'd like to do this before reset so I can be 34 across this week.

Liamc723

Me, renewman1 and iRAWRasaurus just came SO close to Mercury. If it wasn't for one badly timed internet disconnection I think we'd be collecting our spoils from there instead of the reef.

Either way, a great card and 9 wins!

What's up with the popularity of the Blacksmith shader all of a sudden? I pre-ordered AW and it's alright, (I use it every now and then) but $100 on ebay? What am I missing?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Me, renewman1 and iRAWRasaurus just came SO close to Mercury. If it wasn't for one badly timed internet disconnection I think we'd be collecting our spoils from there instead of the reef.

Should of seen my feels first time I was about to go flawless, 8 wins a still mercy, meet guys who crush us within mere sec, mercy now gone, meet them again and get a loss... Let's just say there was no happy ending.

Damn, that's rough. We had an 8 win run botched with a dc too. Had another match where a teammate spawned in as a spectator, then was revivable a minute later into the match. Bungie must have forgotten to feed the server hamsters.

Namikaze1

Damn. So undecided about whether to go with MGSV or Battlefront. Both games face the same problem: there's a game/expansion coming out in their respective months that I know I'll be playing more of. When BF comes out, I'll be playing more of Fallout.

Kyoufu

Damn. So undecided about whether to go with MGSV or Battlefront. Both games face the same problem: there's a game/expansion coming out in their respective months that I know I'll be playing more of. When BF comes out, I'll be playing more of Fallout.

Play and finish MGSV in the two weeks you have before TTK.

Buy TTK and say goodbye to all other video games until at least January.

???

Profit!

Owensboro

Anyone on PS4 want to do Heroic (Hardmode) Deathsinger + Crota x 2? I've got two checkpoints to use before reset. My Hunter's already done it, but I can run sword on my Titan/Warlock if need be.

EL CUCO

Staying away from "story" spoilers. Can someone that has watched the GI thingy tell me if it looks like an improvement?

Edit: When its revealed I guess...

Serene you have to throw up a post like this:

Help a Noob in VoG on XB1: Tonight at (time and time zone)

1) Serene (list your GT)
2) This could be you!
3) Another super awesome person!
4) Does Phil Spencer post here?
5) Please
6) Help

And people will respond. As much as I sympathize (looks for Trance) on the lower number of Xbone players here, they DO in fact exist.

:)

Not trying to be passive-aggressive! I swear! :p I thought lists were just for experienced crews. Not a noob like me. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hello. I'm going to run my nephew through Normal VoG for his first time (kind of, he's done the HoW missions that are VoG like) and looking to do it within the next few days. Probably tomorrow when there are more people looking at reset. Let me know if either of yall are interested! Higher chance of getting a Vision as well haha

I'm definitely interested! Sign me up.

I'm never getting a crux, am I?

probably not. it took me forever as well.

Even crazier imo is that I ran 3 characters through normal mode every week until 2 or so weeks after HoW before I finally got my first hunger of crota rocket launcher.

have taken friends through the raid multiple times since then, each week, and still haven't gotten another for any of the other characters.

Thats weeks and weeks and weeks of raid clears across multiple characters and ive only had one crux and one hunger drop....kinda crazy.

Liamc723

Should of seen my feels first time I was about to go flawless, 8 wins a still mercy, meet guys who crush us within mere sec, mercy now gone, meet them again and get a loss... Let's just say there was no happy ending.

Ah man that sounds awful! I know I'd be a bag of nerves in the final game at 8-0.

Damn, that's rough. We had an 8 win run botched with a dc too. Had another match where a teammate spawned in as a spectator, then was revivable a minute later into the match. Bungie must have forgotten to feed the server hamsters.

They're just the worst, especially because of the fact that it's not based on your skill or anything, just a small hiccup in the connection can bring it all crumbling down.

Biggy

Finally got to mercury without a carry! Thanks to Biggy and Manny for the great group. We started off rough, but with each card we did we got progressively better playing as a team. Had a disconnect loss with our third card that robbed us of a mercury run while on final boss, but we stuck it out and got the flawless on the fourth card we played.

Last match was super tense; down 4-2, and came back to tie it up and steal the win. Haven't ever been that hyped to see that all enemies down message!

Thanks for the Mercury run biggy70686 and Teasing_Pink great games.
1st:3 wins
2nd:barely 5 wins
3rd:8-1 lost biggy on connection error
4th:9-0 with mercy, lost to laggers the last game was a nail biter

Feels so good we worked hard. Got solar jewel really want void messenger.
Good games guys, still annoyed at that disconnect at 8-0 and that weird round where manny spawned in dead and I had a baboon error show up on my screen at the end of the round and still spawned in when the round started lol. That last game was tense but you guys didn't give up!

I've definitely improved, but I still make tons of stupid mistakes. Still a bad player overall, at least in Trials. This match was a combination of the other team being absolutely awful, and quite a bit of luck. We should play together sometime soon. I hear you've gotten quite a bit better!

#theswordisinachamber

Definitely need to play together. I'm much better against scrubby teams as well. I break down when we're getting pushed hard or out sniped, so I need someone on the team that can balance that out and make good calls on a solid tactic.

Top Bottom