• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

E92 M3

What's going to suck is that everyone will get the VIP rewards and be running around with black shaders. They should have made the level requirement higher than level 30.

Watching the "Trials of Adam Boyes" now. I never really noticed how Unstable goes so quickly from aggressive to backing down when he can't win a fight. It's something I need to do more especially in Trials. Also, Adam seems like such a cool dude.

Edit: The story of Adam being a DJ while Unstable and Drizzy are wrecking fools is killing me lol

LiK

What's going to suck is that everyone will get the VIP rewards and be running around with black shaders. They should have made the level requirement higher than level 30.

I think the black will just be gray or some shit like that. can't imagine it being anything as good as Revenant

:)

My pleasure

At least Drizzy didn't include "scruffy-looking"

Hey Team Bone anything going tonight? I've lost the will to IB. I just don't care. I would rather get gauntlets from Trials, but that relies on the kindness of Koro Tae and Ned. Hehe he I am abysmal

Free Etheric Light! Well, 10k for 2 but it's basically free! I'm sitting at 9 now with nothing to ascend. Hopefully get some boots with heavy somehow.

Might do normal Crota runs tonight. Bridge part in particular for the boots.

IMO it's not hard to get 34 from L30. You can do the L32 PoE every week for a Light 42 gear. + 1 exotic from Xur.

Vendor already brings you to L32.

If you're a Titan you'll have an ugly helmet but hey.

phen0m24

Free Etheric Light! Well, 10k for 2 but it's basically free! I'm sitting at 9 now with nothing to ascend. Hopefully get some boots with heavy somehow.

Might do normal Crota runs tonight. Bridge part in particular for the boots.

True dat. But one trials run could net that too. Hoping lol

E92 M3

My pleasure

Hey Team Bone anything going tonight? I've lost the will to IB. I just don't care. I would rather get gauntlets from Trials, but that relies on the kindness of Koro Tae and Ned. Hehe he I am abysmal

Top of page fake edit Confession:

I have never reached Rank 4 with Eris. None of my characters have a Sunsetting shader. I really like the shader but don't care. :)

I'll be on tonight working on my defender, but I'm always down for trials on Monday nights.

I think the black will just be gray or some shit like that. can't imagine it being anything as good as Revenant

I think it will actually be pretty good.

IMO it's not hard to get 34 from L30. You can do the L32 PoE every week for a Light 42 gear. + 1 exotic from Xur.

Vendor already brings you to L32.

If you're a Titan you'll have an ugly helmet but hey.

Still stuck with that ugly heltmet lol. Really want the Trials one.

lt519

Diablo actually has a cool mechanic where they increase your chance of a legendary the longer you've gone without one (actively playing). It's to the point that if you have gone an hour and haven't seen one the next elite you kill will probably drop one. More engrams in the wild would definitely be more fun and its doable in a way where it isn't overwhelming like Borderlands.

Diablo actually has a cool mechanic where they increase your chance of a legendary the longer you've gone without one (actively playing). It's to the point that if you have gone an hour and haven't seen one the next elite you kill will probably drop one. More engrams in the wild would definitely be more fun and its doable in a way where it isn't overwhelming like Borderlands.

That's a great mechanic. Bungie take note.

4th Horseman please and thank you.

OkayRene

Watching the "Trials of Adam Boyes" now. I never really noticed how Unstable goes so quickly from aggressive to backing down when he can't win a fight. It's something I need to do more especially in Trials. Also, Adam seems like such a cool dude.

Likewise, I get that tunnel vision sometimes and overcommit.

My pleasure

Top of page fake edit Confession:

I have never reached Rank 4 with Eris. None of my characters have a Sunsetting shader. I really like the shader but don't care. :)

phen0m, i'd try for 5 wins if we could get a 3rd... i'm close to giving up on trials forever, though.

True dat. But one trials run could net that too. Hoping lol

Spear is a pretty dang good PvE weapon. Arc beats out P&T. + you got Thunderlord for the exotic.

I just realized you got Word of Crota, Found Verdict and Thunderlord from 2 raids!! I did Hard VoG x3 + Ds/Crota and just got 2x Praedyth's Revenge Hahaha. (and 3 crappy helms). I forgot i hate the fact you can get 2 helms from 1 Hard Atheon kill. I guess better chance of getting a good roll but it stinks, at first!

I'm planning on the following today:
Play a few more matches or PvP to get Rank 2.
Buy some boots to hit Level 32
Play through HoW missions
Play PoE 28 and 32 for the armor core.

So if you're down for any, let me know!

Shito

Isn't it even more lenient than that?

AS A THANK YOU TO OUR MOST LOYAL FANS WHO HAVE REACHED LIGHT LEVEL 30 OR WHO PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED EXPANSION I AND EXPANSION II BY AUGUST 31, 2015, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EXCLUSIVE COMMEMORATIVE FOUNDER’S FORTUNE YEAR 1 EMBLEM, SPARROW, ARMOR SHADER AND MORE AT LAUNCH WITH YOUR PURCHASE OF THE TAKEN KING.
Seems like nearly everybody will get it...
The only really "have to play it at least a bit thoroughly" reward is the triumph emblem.

noomi

I will proudly wear my Revenant and Chatterwhite shaders while everyone looks in awe :eek:

Just got Red Death out of my first Prison of Elders chest :D

Super happy with that!

Congrats, it's a fantastic weapon. Great for PvE and PvP :)

Todd got G-Horn? finally

Drizzay get the T-Lord yet?

I think he got his yesterday, and yeah drizz got his t-lord a few months back, we all joke around that he will one day make an epic t-lord post

E92 M3

Isn't it even more lenient than that?

Seems like nearly everybody will get it...
The only really "have to play it at least a bit thoroughly" reward is the triumph emblem.

Ah yes, you're right. Kinda sucks calling it a VIP reward, then.

I will proudly wear my Revenant and Chatterwhite shaders while everyone looks in awe :eek:

Congrats, it's a fantastic weapon. Great for PvE and PvP :)

I think hot his yesterday, and yeah drizz got his t-lord a few months back, we all joke around that he will one day make an epic t-lord post

And I will proudly be a fake lol.

This is what I do:

If digital, delete game and re-install it. Play other games while it re-installs. Delete once it fully installs. Repeat process till you have completed the other game.

If physical, get really really drunk and hide the disk. It worked for me. Still can't find my copy of Dragon's Dogma though.

Ayyy lmao at that last part.

lt519

That's a great mechanic. Bungie take note.

4th Horseman please and thank you.

They went through the same problem as Destiny in the vanilla Diablo 3; drop rates were shit, you got stuff for the wrong classes, there were only 2 or 3 viable builds to beat Inferno and they relied on getting those drops, legendaries didn't feel legendary (no cool ptocs), etc. It's a splitting image of Destiny and it took them a little over a year to make it into a truly fantastic game. TTK is right in line to do what RoS did for Diablo III. Took a game that was so flawed, but so fun, and fixed all those flaws and grinds. RoS only had one extra Act like Destiny only has one new Patrol. The parallels are scary considering Activision is the publisher for both. I'm very excited for TTK.

It takes time for them to get their bearings and see what the community wants. I've never been to harsh on Bungie because this is their first crack at it and it really is a massive have to playtest and debug every update.

Slermy

imo it's always best to get to max level for end-game stuff (skolas, 34 poe, trials/IB) than to just save mats for no reason other than to save mats. I'd get to 34 if I was you. Odds are (based on the description of what etheric light actually is), it'll be useless in ttk. Use it now while it has a useful purpose. Plus you can then more easily run 34 poe's which are guaranteed etherics if you need more.

Get you only guy to 34. Immediately do a PoE34, get another piece. Repeat if all your guys are 33.

Thanks for the advice. The one piece won't be enough to get me to 34, but I do have an armor core, so I'll buy something from Varkis to pair with it.

nowai

Bungie actually did do this with exotic and raid drops in a patch last year. Every time you do a nightfall/raid etc and don't get a drop, you are more likely to get a drop next time. Granted, this is on a weekly reset timer and doesn't apply to engrams.

I could see this change being applied to engrams as a very agreeable fix.

LT was that friend request cause you wanted to get some Trials going?

^ yah David! Depends if LT wanted to play if I will keep badgering for ToO though. Need to level my Warlock as well.

Spear is a pretty dang good PvE weapon. Arc beats out P&T. + you got Thunderlord for the exotic.

I just realized you got Word of Crota, Found Verdict and Thunderlord from 2 raids!! I did Hard VoG x3 + Ds/Crota and just got 2x Praedyth's Revenge Hahaha. (and 3 crappy helms). I forgot i hate the fact you can get 2 helms from 1 Hard Atheon kill. I guess better chance of getting a good roll but it stinks, at first!

I'm planning on the following today:
Play a few more matches or PvP to get Rank 2.
Buy some boots to hit Level 32
Play through HoW missions
Play PoE 28 and 32 for the armor core.

So if you're down for any, let me know!

Id be up for a 28 and 32 depending on when you run them. trying to get some sleep tonight though.

geordiemp

I'm UK based and usually play with maomao and someone from the U.S. and connections have never been a problem. I've had some of the laggiest matches imaginable playing against UK/EU teams

Exactly...it depends who the host is....maybe your laggy matches were against EU players was because the host was your american friend.

It is not possible to compensate for such a difference in distance, someone will be the bad side of it...

and remember as host changes during a game every 3 minutes (read somewhere) then there will always be someone lagging around in a game with players spread over different continents during the game at some point.

With so many people getting banned, I dont like playing trials games where people are red bar...my or their side.

phen0m24

phen0m, i'd try for 5 wins if we could get a 3rd... i'm close to giving up on trials forever, though.
Hey OW I'm awful in pvp. I'm a frequent visitor to Unstable's streams hoping for a carry. Grim X and I once won 5 on PS, but I've yet to venture out there on XBL. :)

Forgot Grim Darryl and I going 8-1 that time on Black Shield...

Top Bottom