• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

ocean

Banned
"Nerfing Gjallarhorn is bullshit!"

It's so OP even without solar burn.
Eh I don't really agree. It's a cool RL which does somewhere between 1.5x and 2x the damage of other RLs. That's really neat and all, but it only makes a meaningful difference when you're doing solo content or when everybody in a team is spamming one.

The Horn ain't that big a deal.

hahaha I'm never gonna beat Skolas. We got to within 10% health six times. The titan on my regular team keeps dying. I may try with some Gaffers later in the week.

deoee

hahaha I'm never gonna beat Skolas. We got to within 10% health six times. The titan on my regular team keeps dying. I may try with some Gaffers later in the week.

If there's some PoE HM and Atheon HM action going on later today or this week PLEASE let me know :D

Need it for Triumph stuff :3

PSN: deoee0

Shito

Did you manage to pass the 2 mines rounds?
If you can handle the mines, you can beat Skolas, and you were just not lucky / patient enough to seal the deal. :)

Shito

Handled the first mines. Second, not so much. So.. perhaps still persistence. But we're very very squishy.
Depends: you can also have a bad mines spawn.
Worst case scenario is being on A or C, and have the opposite one spawn, and not get B (the middle one) after that -- this one is quite hard to pass.
Were you careful enough to kill all the adds and wait for all of you to have your supers before triggering each round of mines? In case you don't know, they trigger after Skolas is down to ~50% and ~25% health respectively. It's best to trigger them when all the adds are dead, everyone has its super and the hot potato has just been passed. :)

Any first timers around now who want to kill Skolas?

I just solo'ed PoE 35 up to Skolas ... for some reason ... so I've got two spots starting at him now.

Skolas is my last requirement for the Triumph too. Happy to see this week is better than last.

Hopefully I can group up with Drizzay this week or weekend to kill that ugly bastard!

You're not around now are you?

ocean

Banned
Handled the first mines. Second, not so much. So.. perhaps still persistence. But we're very very squishy.
I'll give you a tip. After first mines, stop attacking Skolas and take the time to recover. You'll be playing hot potato with the debuff but you want to keep rotating from one side to another, cleaning up ads. Make sure you're full on heavy and supers. After this, there's basically two ways you can proceed:

1. Hit Skolas with everything. Once you start hitting him ads will come, and later mines will spawn. Basically try to burn him. Capping second mines with the debuff and a million ads and Skolas is rough. Instead, just kill him during that mines phase - the debuff and all the enemies go away. There's no Small Arms this week so your snipers and rockets do full damage, you should be able to DPS him enough to kill him before mines.

2. If you don't have the firepower to pull that off, you can play it safer. Basically after first mines, recover regroup clean up ads. Then attack Skolas BUT!!! you want to stop once he spawns ads, but before he spawns the second mines. second mines spawn when he's 25% health. The idea is pushing him to like 30% health before starting your last DPS wave so that you have a better chance of killing him. So you do first mines, then a mini DPS segment, clean ads, recover supers and heavy and then try to kill him.

Sounds a lot more complicated than it is :p but seriously he's waaaay easier than last week.

lt519

I just solo'ed PoE 35 up to Skolas ... for some reason ... so I've got two spots starting at him now.

Good damn, how long that take you and any wipes? I just don't have the patience for that.

I will be available later for a Nightfall, but I won't stay for more than that. Just that I'm going to be terribly sorry for whoever has to accompany me. 10 days without playing are going to be noticeable.

Akai XIII

Hey Akai did the baby Warlock arrive yet?
Yeah, last Wednesday. She's gorgeous :)

WFA50wb.jpg

Can you add me back to the SoM chat on PSN?

ocean

Banned

Holy crap man that's insane. You're beyond pro at this. You and Unstable should share the stream and hit it big, with you showing off PvE prowess and him with the PvP focus (I know you're both good at both aspects of the game though).

1 spot open at Skolas now. Newbies are preferred but not required if there aren't many people around.

Damn!! Beast mode activated

Round 3 with Arc Burn Cabal was the only one I wiped on, that took a few tries. And I thought my fingers were going to fall off spamming the fire button to slowly kill the Pilot Servitor bullet sponge. Other than that it's really not too tough.

I'll give you a tip. After first mines, stop attacking Skolas and take the time to recover. You'll be playing hot potato with the debuff but you want to keep rotating from one side to another, cleaning up ads. Make sure you're full on heavy and supers. After this, there's basically two ways you can proceed:

1. Hit Skolas with everything. Once you start hitting him ads will come, and later mines will spawn. Basically try to burn him. Capping second mines with the debuff and a million ads and Skolas is rough. Instead, just kill him during that mines phase - the debuff and all the enemies go away. There's no Small Arms this week so your snipers and rockets do full damage, you should be able to DPS him enough to kill him before mines.

2. If you don't have the firepower to pull that off, you can play it safer. Basically after first mines, recover regroup clean up ads. Then attack Skolas BUT!!! you want to stop once he spawns ads, but before he spawns the second mines. second mines spawn when he's 25% health. The idea is pushing him to like 30% health before starting your last DPS wave so that you have a better chance of killing him. So you do first mines, then a mini DPS segment, clean ads, recover supers and heavy and then try to kill him.

Sounds a lot more complicated than it is :p but seriously he's waaaay easier than last week.

Number 1 is what we did with Sleepy and Kukawaki a while back and it worked really well. We hit him hard at first to trigger the first mines as close to the start of the encounter as possible (to avoid Skolas Transmitted Disease swap fatigue), started running around the arena to set up then burned him before taking care of the mines.

Just bear in mind that the mines don't dissappear once Skolas is dead.

PuMa

I will be available later for a Nightfall, but I won't stay for more than that. Just that I'm going to be terribly sorry for whoever has to accompany me. 10 days without playing are going to be noticeable.

Doesn't matter! It's pretty much the easiest NF.

1 spot open at Skolas now. Newbies are preferred but not required if there aren't many people around.

Round 3 with Arc Burn Cabal was the only one I wiped on, that took a few tries. And I thought my fingers were going to fall off spamming the fire button to slowly kill the Pilot Servitor bullet sponge. Other than that it's really not too tough.

Love to jump in if I could - Boguester on PSN?

EDIT: Ah, too slow. Next time!

ocean

Banned
1) How many exotic weapons are in HoW and how do I attain them?
3 Exotic weapons, all obtained via a bounty that drops from killing Skolas in PoE 35 (or extremely rarely from the last boss on PoE 34 I think)
2) Does the Crux only drop when you already have HotP?
I don't think so, it's just a really low drop rate.

Are there any skolas school sessions (SSS) happening this week? Need that dude's head for my last triumph and wouldn't mind a little help getting there. I do have a gjallarhorn that's soon to be max, so this would be a pretty nice sendoff before year 2.

Akai XIII

Congrats! Welcome to our informal group, Newborn Guardians! May your diapers be clean and your Destiny playtime be ample.
Thanks! How much Destiny I'll get to play now is... well, not that important. But it wont be much probably.

Oh damn, a poop. That's a wipe.

Top Bottom