• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

I've burned Skolas to skip the second mine phase for the past two months or so and never once failed when starting the DPS, and that includes many LFG runs and runs with unleveled Horns and runs with only one Horn. It's odd to see it couched as an 'all or nothing' gambit when there isn't a safer alternative in terms of probable completion.

darknil

Damn, I need to be home when Boguester wants to do PoE35, I still need that triumph.

Any chances there will be groups for hard PoE or VoG tonight?

IM FREE!

Im off On the job training and back in class until October. which means I get to post more on Gaf. its been a long 6 weeks.

There hasn't been a whole lot to do in Destiny so I decided for some stupid reason to:
*Upgrade every exotic weapon, yes all of them!
*store 5k bounties to be not opened until Christmas err 9-15, got no further reason for EXP until TTK
*Stockpile Public event packages for TTK, with any luck ill be 36-38 on day 1.

Not much else to do in Destiny right now. But at least ill get to post more

Nice to see so many new faces in the thread over the last month. this community is growing fast!

Juraash

So I won't be able to run it until later tonight but I think I'll try and get a group for the NF after work. I used to solo this one but I think they patched out the under the stairs hidey hole.

And really with the modifiers it would probably melt with 3 anyways.

PuMa

After watching all the Luke interviews recently, I think the next title should be

Destiny |OT♦28| You Killed His Son, Now He's Pissed
Destiny |OT♦28| You Pulled the LAN, Now He's Pissed

Destiny |OT♦28| Nolan Beyond still king

Nothing can dethrone NOLAN BEYOND.

Also, this GIF needs to be in OP.

7zq936o.gif

Thank you Boguester. Watching you play was something else. What were you using as a primary, I couldn't tell from the sound? Turns out that burn-down strategy is totally the way to go. It was great to do it, but it was better to play with seriously skilled people. DGAF.

X-Frame

Any first timers around now who want to kill Skolas?

I just solo'ed PoE 35 up to Skolas ... for some reason ... so I've got two spots starting at him now.

You're not around now are you?

Damn, nah sorry man at work and won't be home until late tonight. That's amazing that you solo'd up to Skolas. Are you using a Defender?

My back Kappa

CMIvCcYVAAAQRDy.jpg:large

Congrats and GG to our newest Skolas School graduate Ouliposse! Couldn't have been smoother.

CMIvMPDUkAAgrCM.jpg:large

Ah shit I literally just missed it

No worries, I'll do some more runs this week depending on how many people still need their first kill. Angry + Catapult is definitely easier than Lightswitch + Small Arms last week.

LTWood12

My back Kappa

Congrats and GG to our newest Skolas School graduate Ouliposse! Couldn't have been smoother.

No worries, I'll do some more runs this week depending on how many people still need their first kill. Angry + Catapult is definitely easier than Lightswitch + Small Arms last week.

Any weapons? I already know the answer don't I?

My back Kappa

Wow thats some MLG shit goddamn.

What is your twitch channel?

GutZ31

My back Kappa

Clearly you failed to carry hard enough, as they seem to have been able to get some kills.

My back Kappa

694 kills! how many wipes on cabal?
jk, you rock drizz, we should arrange a challenge raid this week or weekend. im still down for that Nechro only CE

lt519

I've burned Skolas to skip the second mine phase for the past two months or so and never once failed when starting the DPS, and that includes many LFG runs and runs with unleveled Horns and runs with only one Horn. It's odd to see it couched as an 'all or nothing' gambit when there isn't a safer alternative in terms of probable completion.

It was more of a commentary on the strategies that people resort to instead of relying on teamwork and mechanics. Qodron got nerfed because people resorted to burn downs and then complained they had to wait for 15 minutes for Heavy Ammo to cool down when they failed. The fight normally took 15 minutes, we did it a few times without a problem. Crota HM sent DGAF into a hate spiral when everyone tried to do two sword kills to avoid the Ogres. As far as probable completion I'm 100% on the second round of mines taking it slow too, I guess pick your poison. I've seen to many people focusing on Skolas, ignoring adds, and wondering how they died when they had 3 shanks sitting there point blank shooting them then a shotgun captain runs up and finishes them off. We've had different experiences it seems (;

Thank you Boguester. Watching you play was something else. What were you using as a primary, I couldn't tell from the sound? Turns out that burn-down strategy is totally the way to go. It was great to do it, but it was better to play with seriously skilled people. DGAF.

Congrats!

Top Bottom