• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Well, its the old RNG stupidity. Some people have two. Some people like this friend of mine who has been doing HM crota since forever has none.
I started doing HM crota when the level cap raised. Three times every week and i don't have one.
Yes, it's anedoctal evidence. But the drop rate seems very low.

Same here, at least it's a shit gun otherwise it would really be pissing me off that I don't have it

Shito

How's Skolas w/ angry? I've grown to really hate angry.
My only Skolas kill was with angry and catapult, and it was really not so bad.
Against him you basically spend the whole fight killing dregs and vandals from afar, or killing captains with a good shotgun, so the angry modifier really doesn't come much into play.

0/14 crota hard kills for me.
Xw0eYW8.jpg

SeanR1221

Got the Crota Titan helmet last night with the orb health regeneration perk. Very happy about that.

Can't wait to run the NF 3x this week! My Titan is level 33 after making him on Saturday.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just logged in. Would love someone to play with for some Dark Below or HoW story missions on PS4.

Name's thetrin. Anyone free to help out a lapsed player?

EDIT: I'm only 27 BTW. Haven't played the game in ages.

To everyone:

If you see me in Nightfall alone, just join in. No need to ask. I don't bite. :p

I tried that once

you were at that final boss and the second I joined you were so confused at me joining that you quit your own nightfall

that never happened. but now everyone thinks it did!

Namikaze1

I tried that once

you were at that final boss and the second I joined you were so confused at me joining that you quit your own nightfall

that never happened. but now everyone thinks it did!
I left cause you brought Hezen to a void burn nightfall!

that never happened.

ocean

Banned
Gonna take Math's advice and do Rumble during Trials. I'll end up avoiding some good players. Hopefully.
Let's party up for Rumble and give each other callouts on where the randoms are :p You'll get the wins and I'll just do it for the experience and maybe improve my Rumble game. Going 1.0+ on rumble feels like a win for me and I don't care about Grimoire, and you're far better than me anyways so I think this would be a fair boost to your chances of winning.

Wilde

I may have started my Taken King prep a little too early...

CMINFErUEAAcpyR.jpg:large

PD5sB2u.jpg

Can't wait to power level the new levels and subclasses by turning in all these event packages after using a Red Bull code!

Plus 15 cryptarch packages worth of new engrams should yield tons of cool new armor and weapons!

ocean

Banned
Skolas PoE is my last Moment of Triumph but no one on my friends list is ever willing to help. Is it really that bad?
Last week yeah. This week without Small Arms your rockets do full damage to him and your shotgun can actually kill Captains (who are like puppies without Lightswitch making them god mode).

Should be a lot easier for you this week! In down for it, I need two more Elder Ciphers :(

Last week yeah. This week without Small Arms your rockets do full damage to him and your shotgun can actually kill Captains (who are like puppies without Lightswitch making them god mode).

Should be a lot easier for you this week! In down for it, I need two more Elder Ciphers :(

Okay, that's good to know!

Holy crap guys, so I'm looking at this map for the dreadnaught and I started noticing the subtleties to it.

Here is the image:

So, what stood out to me is the left side of the "Hull Breach" area. The way it is shaped, I'm almost certain it is the giant "cannon" of the ship. Also seen in this image flying straight towards it.

But wait! There's more!

Look at the vertical line running down the ship that meets up with the left side of the hull breach. I think that is the exterior wall of the Dreadnaught. And then we have another exterior wall on the far side

So if you look at it, we'll actually be traversing the entire width of the Dreadnaught.

Yup this will be the week to challenge Skolas for sure.

Gonna be running my buddies through it finally

noomi

Got soaked taking out the trash. Got scared when a raccoon jumped out from the trash bin.

Goddamn raccoon! Go back to dealing with space scum, Rocket!

He wanted your loot, he knows nami is full of loot.

Are you staying at home ?, wife is about to leave to do her nails - 4h of crucible for me. BTW i got another matador and got it rerolled in a way that my range will be bigger then yours, will compare it tonight...

Nah, working today. I don't have any time off until Sept 15th & 16th :D

About the matador... NUH-UH! Mine is already range maxed hehuehuehu

noomi

Congrats to the new GLords. Please refresh the OP to view the changes.

I will be there soon, once TTK hits I will make that lock and BOOM! Gaurdian Lord status, I want my name in flashing lights and crota dancing next to it with Atheon.

Blunoise

Went to the GI thread about the new story direction on the gaming side and promptly hit the eject button.
Seriously I need to stop reading threads on the gaming side. Because all I see are people, who don't really "get" Destiny and are complaining about stuff that most of them don't really understand. Yes Destiny has some bad things going for it, but for the long haul there is so much potential coming and 5 years later those people who quit Destiny for dumb reasons will regret that decision.

Went to the GI thread about the new story direction on the gaming side and promptly hit the eject button.

Seriously I need to stop reading threads on the gaming side. Because all I see are people, who don't really "get" Destiny and are complaining about stuff that most of them don't really understand. Yes Destiny has some bad things going for it, but for the long haul there is so much potential coming and 5 years later those people who quit Destiny for dumb reasons will regret that decision.

Believe it or not, it's actually getting better.

Taken King info has definitely swayed a good chunk of the gaming side folks. There is still ignorance and misinformation all over the place. But someone has to go in and clean up to educate the ignorant masses.

I'm not the hero Gaming-side needs... I'm the one it deserves.

Wilde

Don't count on it. Cryptarch packages received before HoW dropped still contained pre-HoW loot even when opened after HoW.

No, none of mine did, and I did the same trick for HoW. I collected around 15 cryptarch packages before HoW, and when I opened them after HoW came out, they were definitely new engrams. Several of them decrypted into HoW legendary weapons.

Cryptarch package engrams don't exist until you open the package, so their contents are determined when you open it, not when you receive it.

GutZ31

Believe it or not, it's actually getting better.

Taken King info has definitely swayed a good chunk of the gaming side folks. There is still ignorance and misinformation all over the place. But someone has to go in and clean up to educate the ignorant masses.

I'm not the hero Gaming-side needs... I'm the one it deserves.

Just don't lose your head over stupid stuff. We rather not lose one to a ban over brain numbing anti-logic.

No, none of mine did, and I did the same trick for HoW. I collected around 15 cryptarch packages before HoW, and when I opened them after HoW came out, they were definitely new engrams. Several of them decrypted into HoW legendary weapons.

That was a bug remember? For like a week before HoW came out no one could decrypt anything and if you looked on one of the websites you could see if your engrams had a <I> or a <II> in the corner so you know which ones to keep.

Just don't lose your head over stupid stuff. We rather not lose one to a ban over brain numbing anti-logic.

I've gone back and deleted entire posts of mine just as I finish typing them up regularly.

However I also have found myself PMing Ghaeleon once threads devolve into the whole Skinner Box/Stockholm Syndrome garbage so he can close them appropriately.

Skele7on

Banned
All packages as long as not open are not within the current constraints of RNG tied to that expansion, what also makes them good is the high level of aditional rep you gain by opening them, sure the cryptarch is going to screw you anyway.

Wilde

That was a bug remember? For like a week before HoW came out no one could decrypt anything and if you looked on one of the websites you could see if your engrams had a <I> or a <II> in the corner so you know which ones to keep.

I know about that, those were the Wolves chest engrams. I am specifically talking about cryptarch package engrams.

Lnkn52

Rainy day on the East Coast, good day to stay home and play Destiny.

That Xbox deal is still going in. They are replacing the TVs with different models as well as the Xbox. Doesn't have to be the Halo bundle.

I like that pretty much anyone without an avatar gets this guy as their default pic in the Guardian Lord post.

This pleases me greatly.

You know it. Rep your own avatar or get scumbagged.

Hey, I'm not on there!
Did you sent me a PM when you got it? If so, I must have missed you.

However I also have found myself PMing Ghaeleon once threads devolve into the whole Skinner Box/Stockholm Syndrome garbage so he can close them appropriately.

Wow, as if on Cue:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175007166&postcount=267

It's cool and all that they're doing this, but is the $40 pricetag really necessary? I quit Destiny after I realized that it's basically a poorly disguised Skinner box. Basically, unless someone tells me this expansion is the second coming, I'm going to be a bit skeptical. After all, fool me once...

Spiders

Cryptarch package engrams don't exist until you open the package, so their contents are determined when you open it, not when you receive it.

This is true for factions, but I've heard Cryptarch packages behaved differently. Never confirmed myself though.

Huh, I could have sworn the packages I saved for HoW turned into old gear.

Guess I'll be saving my cryptarch packages from now on :)

ocean

Banned
I want to start a thread explaining what a "Skinner Box" actually is. Too many people using this term without any clue what it means beyond a glimpse at a Wikipedia article and a poorly conceived game journalist video. It might take me a few days but I want to provide these people with an academic explanation of what this concept is and how it could translate to video games.

But I'm not sure if that would really be appropriate in GAF, since it's not really gaming news. Unsure what to do. I once tried to do it with posts but was basically ignored by people who continued using the term completely removed from its proper context.

Any experienced GAFer or mod know whether this would fall within the parameters of what this board is intended for?

maomaoIYP

Fucking worst week for nightfall this week.
Etheric light, suros regime and a purple shit.
One dude from LFG who joined me for all three games got dragon's breath, g-horn and ruin wings. WTF.

Wilde

Huh, I could have sworn the packages I saved for HoW turned into old gear.

Guess I'll be saving my cryptarch packages from now on :)

Any other packages, like Vanguard, Crucible, or Dead Orbit WILL turn into old gear, because the contents of those packages are determined when you receive them.

However, it seems that the contents of a cryptarch package are not determined until you open them, so if you do it after the expansion, they should be new engrams.

FyreWulff

Doing Nightfall. Would at least like to do it two times, so that I can also get my Warlock the NF bonus to finish the last subclass I have to max out. But once is cool

psn: Fyre_Wulff

Top Bottom