• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Deku Tree

Any guesses as to when the new raid will be playable? Wasn't the first one out a week after launch?

I would guess a week delay. Somehow if we are going to level 40 and our light is important for our power then I would guess the normal mode TTK raid would be level 40 with a certain recommended light.

Haybro

Huge thanks to Drizz and Rubenov for taking me to the Lighthouse for the first time. I learned a lot during the way, and felt like I was actually contributing. Just checked, my K/D with them was 2.5! Drizz is right, having a good player to take the pressure off made it so I could relax and really compete.

20489882495_2417235215_z.jpg

Two of the best moments: going 5 kills 0 deaths and getting a message after the match saying "Good game. You mopped up!" and getting a Bulletproof medal. I had 4 kills (with Drizz's 8 and Rubenov's 6)

I love seeing stuff like this, congrats man. One day I will know this feel.

Anastasis

I would guess a week delay. Somehow if we are going to level 40 and our light is important for our power then I would guess the normal mode TTK raid would be level 40 with a certain recommended light.

Thanks! That recommended light will be interesting for sure when light is found on just about everything in TTK.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Anyone wanna place bets to see how long it takes the pro teams to complete the raid? Alternatively anyone want to bet how long it takes a team of two (or solo team) to complete the raid? Of course for second bet you can place wagers on no one completing solo or in two team.

Ramirez

Am i the only one who actually likes that map? I'm all up for the cauldron ban though!

What is there to like about it? Honest question.

I don't think I've ever played such a restrictive MP map in my life. A series of corridors and tunnels, I just don't get the design of it at all.

Am i the only one who actually likes that map? I'm all up for the cauldron ban though!
I like thieves den. For a noob sniper like me I was still able to get a lot of headshots thanks to the constrained avenues up near the capture point. Edit: matches also usually play fast without much camping as the constrained rooms mean you can't hang out without getting grenaded.

Widow's court on the other hand... That stuff is hard for me.

Petition to ban thieves den from the trials map rotation?

Denied. I had by far my best week of trials this week (missed it the last time it was the map). It seems like it has pretty basic strategies that are easy to execute. Snipe these lanes, cover flanks, throw grenades, rinse and repeat.

Tecnniqe

Banned
"We will be pushing the 1.2.0.5 patch for Destiny shortly. Players will be kicked from activities and required to download the patch."

Glorious.

Ramirez

What do you guys consider the best maps in PVP then? Because Pantheon and Cauldron are shitty lol. I like Burning Shrine the most :p

I think Widow's Court is far and away the best Trials map. I like Burning Shrine, but the Sun is annoying at times. I prefer maps that give you multiple options to start a round, and flanking opportunities. I also hate tunnels, doors, and corridors that give you little room to maneuver.

ocean

Banned
Anomaly, Burning Shrine, Widow's Court, Asylum and Rusted Lands are maps I enjoy. Granted, I'm not serious enough a PvP player to really evaluate the finer aspects of what a map needs for competitive balance.

phen0m24

I like Pantheon. Sniping lanes. Throw grenades. Meet in the middle.

I like Cauldron - except for the doors.

I like Burning Shrine. Except that it should be a night map. It's nuts sniping into A.

I like Black Shield. Again though, doors.

Thieves Den is claustrophobic.
Widows Court = blech. Advantage lopsided.

LTWood12

I like most of the maps. I don't enjoy Firebase Delphi all that much, and I think Exodus Blue kind of sucks. Other than that I can have a good time on any of them.

I think Widow's Court is far and away the best Trials map. I like Burning Shrine, but the Sun is annoying at times. I prefer maps that give you multiple options to start a round, and flanking opportunities. I also hate tunnels, doors, and corridors that give you little room to maneuver.

Widow's Court isn't that great for Trials imo, but for regular Clash or Control it's great. No I hate Doors, Tunnels and Corridors as well, and the sun can get annoying for sure.

Pantheon is ruined by snipers who camp the 2 long sight lines. It seems like every time you look down the alley on each side, you see at least 2 of the little sniper flashes strafing back and forth. Slows the game down so much. Annoying.

125 points away from my first Elder Cipher completion heading into PoE 32. Killed the 2nd mini boss, completed! Didn't realize mini bosses gave points too. PoE 32 gives a total of 350 so it's easy enough to grind

PuMa

What do you guys consider the best maps in PVP then? Because Pantheon and Cauldron are shitty lol. I like Burning Shrine the most :p

Burning Shrine is definitely the best so far, but they really should have included more than these 6 maps in the rotation. There are some others that would be great for Trails.

Got my first elder cipher. Was going to go with the Bow. But I had to pick the shotty and witness its full power before the nerfs come.

Top of page Hypenaught edition!

hypenaught.png

Top Bottom