• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

noomi

I have yet to see bittersteel or the dead orbit ship drop.

The dead orbit ship has to be the rarest item in the game....

Here's what I've got from factions:

FWC - 34 ranks - 3 shaders: Nineveh, Carthage, Tyre (Nineveh and Tyre are the BOMB)

Dead Orbit - 43 ranks - 2 shaders: Bittersteel, The Nowhere

New Monarchy - 30 ranks - Zippy/Bupkis (aka NOTHING)

Cryptroll - 116 ranks - 6,452 God of War shaders. And maybe a Broadsword.

noomi

FWC - 34 ranks - 3 shaders: Nineveh, Carthage, Tyre (Nineveh and Tyre are the BOMB)

Lol, that's a lot of bounties.... A LOT

LiK

all three classes have been using nothing but DO and I only got one shader Revenant. the rest has been weapons, emblems and LOTS of Motes. the only weapon that I kept is the HC but I rarely use it. such a shit drop rate for shaders that it's infuriating.

123rl

Killing tanks with a shoulder charge could be my new favourite thing in this game. I'm willing to re-play the Nightfall repeatedly today as long as I can keep doing it :D

cukPmiY.gif

Trials anyone? PS4

1. j0hnny_385

TheWorthyEdge, I'm posting separately because there's a 99% chance I won't be reaching Mercury. :D

LOL, same almost happened to us..

we had a game where they messaged us before the game started saying they would let us win and to dance.

For the first 4 games they danced. They were all TOO mercury badged up with optimum guns / specs and stats.

In the fifth round they came in hard, but we super wiped them lol.

How on earth did you not super them into oblivion ?

the team was using titan nades that cancel supers, and my team isn't good enough to deal with players like them.

kiguel182

They are revamping factions with the Taken King aren't they? With the weapon merchants and stuff.

It's one of the things that currently the game fails to deliver on. The factions are kinda useless. It's a lot of grind for not a ton of rewards. It also only works on multiplayer and it doesn't offer any extra challenges apart from the usual bounties.

Hopefully things will be better with TTK so you have a good reason to level up factions and stuff.

Dave_6

So happy I finally took Skolas down last night! Surprisingly only took an hour and ~45 mins and it was only my second attempt, ever. Now all my Triumphs are complete!

Thanks again to captscience and CanadianonPS for running it with me!

maomaoIYP

Killing tanks with a shoulder charge could be my new favourite thing in this game. I'm willing to re-play the Nightfall repeatedly today as long as I can keep doing it :D

http://i.imgur.com/cukPmiY.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Dicking around with the Peregrine Greaves is my new favorite thing in PvE. I find it endlessly entertaining to watch a captain careen away from a knee to the face.
edit: Big thanks to Exploratory and his friend in Japan for the games in Trials! No mercury, but great games guys!

GhaleonEB

These kind of threads seldom work out well, regardless of the games being compared.

Ugh, I can't stand the gaming side discussions about Destiny. Thank god Ghaleon checks them out and keeps people somewhat on point.

I poke in on Destiny threads on the Gaming side, but I'm going to be busy today. As always (and this goes for any threads not just that one) please PM a mod if we're not responding to anything that warrants a response. I do check those over lunch.

Namikaze1

We end up in Nexus.

I go and kill shit. My teammates go and jump through the window to go on ahead. I just leave to orbit cause fuck that. I ain't doing all the work.

I will never play TOO again. I gave it a try Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This is the most garbage game mode I have ever seen.

Takes 1 hour to find a crew, because the standard is "Only looking for those who have gone flawless"

Once you get a crew together, it takes time to become a team. So what happens after a first loss?
One drops out, starting the process all over again.

And finally the cheating that goes on is unreal. I saw a dude walks right past me as I put 3 Thorn shots into him, and stuck him with a grenade. He then appears magically behind me and shotguns me in the head. Everyone on LFG are real jerks when it comes to TOO.

Raids brought out the best in people. So many willing to help each other, Even Iron Banner is filled with cool people. TOO brings out the absolute worst in people. Its like apocalyptic kill each other over water shit.

E92 M3

I will never play TOO again. I gave it a try Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This is the most garbage game mode I have ever seen.

Takes 1 hour to find a crew, because the standard is "Only looking for those who have gone flawless"

Once you get a crew together, it takes time to become a team. So what happens after a first loss?

And finally the cheating that goes on is unreal. I saw a dude walks right past me as I put 3 Thorn shots into him, and stuck him with a grenade. He then appears magically behind me and shotguns me in the head. Everyone on LFG are real jerks when it comes to TOO.

Raids brought out the best in people. So many willing to help each other, Even Iron Banner is filled with cool people. TOO brings out the absolute worst in people. Its like apocalyptic kill each other over water shit.

Trials is the best part of Destiny - stick with it!

phen0m24

over reaction snip

Liquid, look here for your LFG needs. Seriously. We have some super chill people in here. If you're ever fortunate to roll with Korosenai, you'll wonder how he stays so calm. It's unreal. I suck at pvp but the pros here are pretty forgiving and equally amazing. :)

Tl;dr GAF > LFG

What platform do you play on? Lfg is terrible, I'd never recommend it especially for ToO. People on lfg drop out of everything including raids. Hard to find a committed bunch.

It also helps having a certain frame of mind. With passage coins no longer an issue when losing, I accept losses easier. Now losing hours upon end is not even close to fun and that's when I take breaks. Play another mode, game or do IRL stuff. I learned to play for the fun and challenge and I don't mind trying 3-4 tickets in 1 playthrough.

Anyways, I'm far from great but I am always down to try to help people get wins. I mainly play to have a good time with my teammates. The main thing that makes me upset is playing against ridiculous lag, but that's been a problem with PvP for a while now unfortunately. Luckily they seem to be doing something about it, at least. Any little bit they can do to help that problem.

I will never play TOO again . . .

If you find a regular group to play with week in and week out, it goes very differently. You learn each other's tendencies, people don't get surprised at what you can and can't do, and you learn that ultimately it's more about the experience of playing together than the rewards (though Mercury is always nice).

Stick with it!!!

Baliis

Looks like it might have sort of anti ddos stuff to make it harder for people to fuck with your stream? Could see why a popular streamer would want oblne if so.

LOL @ Ethomaz's comment.

Does anyone know what this is? Triple just picked one up:
CLfrgtwUEAAan8Q.jpg

Netduma is a router with special firmware it has geolocation and allows you to see who the host is in online Matches and ban hosts that aren't in a specific distance and ping range. Its popular with the cod community.

Netduma is a router with special firmware it has geolocation and allows you to see who the host is in online Matches and ban hosts that aren't in a specific distance and ping range. Its popular with the cod community.

Does it really work? I might want to buy this but having a Verizon router (I have FIOS) sounds easier to me because if I have an issue I can just call support and they will tell me what I should be doing.

Who here has Splatoon?

I have a Wii U, but I've been hesitant to pick it up because I don't have the patience to learn the ticks of a whole new community. But playing Splatoon with Destiny GAF? That would be another story altogether . . .

Edit: Top-of-Page love for Devilswept, my new favorite shader (PoE Rank 3) that goes so well with the official Sons of Mithras clan emblem:

Top Bottom