• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Mupod

I don't think I ever got any exotics from Nightfalls before I stopped playing and last week's was no exception (the gaffer I was with actually commented 'worst nightfall drops ever' but it was typical for me). So maybe tonight's the night!? Still at work for an hour or so though.

chur

What is the best way to Level up from 32-34?
Tryed today PoE 32 to get the Armor Core, we made it to Round 5 before we gave up.

I played with 2 Level 34 guys, maybe i am just to bad. And should wait till the Add on comes out.

It was a horrible experience :p
PoE is the best way. If you're good at PvP you can do Trials of Osiris to get better armor and Etheric Light. The only other option is to do the nightfall and hope for some Etheric Light.

Lee

What headsets are you guys using? I've been using the one that came with my PS4 but either no one ever speaks in any of the channels I've been in or my headset is broken.

7PaTzlG.jpg

Super happy with this set up from VModa. Headphones go on sale for $100 frequently and you can get the mic + pads for $30 with coupon codes at their website.

I know the Xbox Stereo and PS Golds are both pretty good though if you're looking for a cheaper, simpler option.

that's gotta be super frustrating. did they ever fix the white nail perk so the black hammer has the yellow outline?

huh, I never noticed it didnt have a yellow outline before. it doesnt ever have a green bar as it comes fully upgraded, so never noticed. and yes, BH has the yellow outline

Tjamato88

Voice comms are opt-in and most people don't even know they're there. Playing with Randoms there will always be radio silence :/ one of the main reasons why grouping up here is more fun
That's what I figured.

I need to start grouping up with people here. I solo'd the Daily Heroic Story last night and barely finish it. Friggin Vex :mad:

Admodieus

What headsets are you guys using? I've been using the one that came with my PS4 but either no one ever speaks in any of the channels I've been in or my headset is broken.

I got these. Less expensive than the golds and also are wired as I didn't want to deal with another thing to charge. They're great, the microphone quality is fantastic.

Namikaze1

My sister plays that game. Maybe they could be friends.
I'm trying to get her to play The Old Republic with me. I haven't started the game yet hoping to get her to play with me and do things together. Right now she's thinking of getting Elder Scrolls Online.

Sony gold. My first one worked pretty good for a year. Didn't experience any of the problems some folks have with them. Had to get a new set cause I accidentally stepped on them a few days ago during the middle of the night. It was freaking dark and I forgot I left them on floor.

DarKshodaN

PoE is the best way. If you're good at PvP you can do Trials of Osiris to get better armor and Etheric Light. The only other option is to do the nightfall and hope for some Etheric Light.

Thanks, i guess i try some nightfall then. This was pretty easy.

So glad that they get rid of the Lightning System, i can feel why nearly nobody likes it.

phen0m24

Who's up for a nightfall or 2 on xbox in about 1.5 hours or so?

I'm hoping someone will help me run my nephew through his first nightfall sometime this week as well :p

I did my 3x ps4 nightfalls this morning so that auto nets me a Gally according to jigga and Unstable, so CE my ps4 rewards were crap

Josh would if you can wait for him he has already been asking about grinding up a char with him...

You'll get another ice breaker and like it

Silvard

DGAF, I'll be home in 15 minutes or so and I'm going to run 3xNF back to back, come and watch me get crappy legendaries and coins while you get your G'horn, Hawkmoon and 4th Horseman!

Who's with me?

PSN : SilvardCT

WipedOut

I'm hoping someone will help me run my nephew through his first nightfall sometime this week as well :p

I did my 3x ps4 nightfalls this morning so that auto nets me a Gally according to jigga and Unstable, so CE my ps4 rewards were crap

Just so happens I need to run two more, hit me up, will be on by 5pm est

Namikaze1

That's how my girlfriend calls me.
But in French.
"Chaton".

Apparently, I have a cat-like character...
I call my GF kitten cause she freaking loves cats. If a game has a cat like race, she's picking it. She will ignore all other races.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THIS FUCKING HUSK
Patience, young padawan. It will drop in due time.

Ah, this reminds me of my old days. Fucking Husk wouldn't drop for hours.

ocean

Banned
I still don't get how my little brother got it. Back in December he started playing and I was taking him through the story missions.

One of the first missions has you fight waves of Hive while Dinkle opens one thing or another and he got it from a regular Knight. I thought he was trolling me but he equipped it (it was actually the best weapon he owned because his then gear was like 70 attack).

Never understood how that happened.

E92 M3

Yeah, I'll help too.

void666

Banned

I had a sony gold. Really cheap built. Broke in less than one year.
Now i use a razer kraken. It's wired but i play ps4 in a monitor right next to my desktop.

todd360

I still don't get how my little brother got it. Back in December he started playing and I was taking him through the story missions.

One of the first missions has you fight waves of Hive while Dinkle opens one thing or another and he got it from a regular Knight. I thought he was trolling me but he equipped it (it was actually the best weapon he owned because his then gear was like 70 attack).

Never understood how that happened.

He must be the true destined owner of the nercochasm.

Finally the Crux is mine, only took 50 odd attempts. They really need to patch the drop rate, one out of 3 runs is terrible

Thanks to my newly acquired Sons for making it possible

"Downloading update file..."

I hope I start seeing some data on screen soon, as this looks like frozen right now. Too many people downloading?

Regarding headsets, if I ever get to play today it will be without mic as it is getting late and I have to plug the headphones. I was thinking about getting a pair of Logitech USB (like the G430 but stereo), as I could use them for both PC and console. No kids or pets here to trip over wire

Shito

*read in french accent*

thats pretty hot
Everything can be hot if read with a French accent.
That's both a skill and a curse...

I call my GF kitten cause she freaking loves cats. If a game has a cat like race, she's picking it. She will ignore all other races.
She started calling me this when seeing me moan and pout at things that are not how they usually are, like a cat would in front of a closed door when it usually is opened...
Other friends, when coming to the same conclusion, had previously started calling me "princess".
I fear for the day when those two will combine... ^^

"Downloading update file..."

I hope I start seeing some data on screen soon, as this looks like frozen right now. Too many people downloading?

Regarding headsets, if I ever get to play today it will be without mic as it is getting late and I have to plug the headphones. I was thinking about getting a pair of Logitech USB (like the G430 but stereo), as I could use them for both PC and console. No kids or pets here to trip over wire

It seemed to be stuck for me too but it was just really slow.

I was looking at doing either the Gold headset or the Silver. I definitely want something that goes over my ears and not earbuds.

A lot of times I play late at night so I funnel all the noise into my PS4 headset so I don't wake up the whole house.

then you should totally get the Golds. There really is no competition in that price bracket, and it's worth it over the Silvers to be wireless.

Trakan

So since people have played Destiny for over two billion hours and there are over 20 million registered accounts and so the average registered account has over 100 hours playing the game, then how many of those 20 million accounts basically didn't play the game that much? And what is the average play time of people who still play Destiny?

I know I read 100 hours average at one point, but I had a hard time believing it.

rNilla

Lee

Crux on 1st try today. Hell yes. That means I got my Crux on my 8th HM Crota. Pretty lucky.

Finally the Crux is mine, only took 50 odd attempts. They really need to patch the drop rate, one out of 3 runs is terrible

Thanks to my newly acquired Sons for making it possible

I'm hoping that these success stories mean that they shadow buffed the Crux drop rate, but I know that's wishful thinking.

8y7v3V3.jpg

48 clears, probably at least 30 of those on Hard, and I've only ever seen it drop once. Not to me.

OK, I'm ready. anyone still needs to do Nightfall?

PSN Figaliz. No mic today, sunsinger equipped for wipe prevention. I will be moving pretty slow and suck more than usual, so sorry in advance. And this is my most dreaded strike.

ocean

Banned
I know I read 100 hours average at one point, but I had a hard time believing it.
100 is the average across 20 million registered accounts as of last week according to Activision's investor website.

The thing with averages is, if you take me (1,000 hours) and a guy who played for 20 hours as a sample, you'd get an "average of 500 hours per player". Obviously the sample size across 20 million is far larger, but the variance is huge.

Most active Destiny players have logged many hundreds of hours, and then there's millions of people probably sitting at around 20 since they quit early. In distributions skewed this far, averages are basically impossible to meaningfully interpret.

Deku Tree

Activision can be sued for lying to their investors, and this info came out of an investor briefing or conference call.

However that doesn't always stop companies from doing it.

But in the case of Destiny I'm not sure why they would need to lie because it seems like it is a huge success.

aarcane

Nightfall:

Legendary engram > another Red Hand IX > mote/weapon parts
Rare engram (at postmaster) > The Chosen > mote/weapon parts

Still no Gally. Why do you hate me, Destiny?

Top Bottom