• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

darknil

Is he a casual player? I had started a new character on a second gamertag and then forgot about him. Bungie gave him a legendary package at the postmaster one day. It gave two legendary engrams and a gun I believe. My primary account got nothing. I think it's their way of bringing people back to the game and helping them level up/skip some of the grind.

Nah, it was a mail specifying the etheric light, actually he plays with his 3 chars every week.

Homeboyd

I'm at the last round of POE32. One guy left but when i send an invite out its not letting them join the game. Anyway around this without leaving?
Yes. Tell him to hover over the "join fireteam" button and when you wipe, during the countdown he'll have a couple of seconds to click on it and join. It should light up. Tell him you're about to wipe and to watch the button.

Shito

I'm at the last round of POE32. One guy left but when i send an invite out its not letting them join the game. Anyway around this without leaving?
There's a small window of time when he can join after you all wipe.
Tell him to stay in front of your in-game profile and quickly select "join fireteam" when the button unlocks after you wipe.

[EDIT]
Haha, beaten. ^^

You have to wipe. He'll be able to rejoin you in those few moments you are back at the central hub.

Edit: Six simultaneous answers. Aren't we a helpful bunch today?

Homeboyd

You'll need to wipe and when you're back in the airlock your friend can join.

Wipe and have them join when you're wiped.

Edit: So redbull codes are still fucked? :|

Yes. Tell him to hover over the "join fireteam" button and when you wipe, during the countdown he'll have a couple of seconds to click on it and join. It should light up. Tell him you're about to wipe and to watch the button.

There's a small window of time when he can join after you all wipe.
Tell him to stay in front of your in-game profile and quickly select "join fireteam" when the button unlocks after you wipe.

[EDIT]
Haha, beaten. ^^

You have to wipe and have the person join while you're dead.

Edit: Beaten badly.

You have to wipe. He'll be able to rejoin you in those few moments you are back at the central hub.
lmao

We're a helpful bunch

I'm sure this was probably pointed out before, but similarities? Yes? No?

GhSpsht.png

stb

Got the band back together last night for some HM DS/Crota. EDIT: Thanks for the CP, ReignofSparrows!

Well, captscience didn't play because he's a jerkface.

Thanks to Magik for filling in, and apologies to Deku and btkadams; I appreciate you guys hopping in, but we only had one slot and Magik got there first. btk sounded so sad. =(

Haybro ran sword for all 3 (thanks, Hay!).

First 2 runs were fine. I think we wiped once.

Third run was super weird:

- Hay kept... sticking to Crota. He'd try to swipe to get away and it was like the sword swipe now tracks toward Crota for some reason. From the ledge's perspective, it looked like Crota was dragging him around by the sword.

- There were at least 3 occasions where Crota smashed his sword at Hay due to the aforementioned sticking and MISSED. None of us had seen this before. 2 of them happened on the same shield.

- No matter where Hay stood on the rock just off Crota's platform, Crota could shoot him. I'm not sure if they stealth buffed Crota's AI and now he actually MOVES to get a line on the swordbearer to shoot or what, but this caused a lot of wipes because...

- The oversoul was basically bulletproof. I think out of probably 10 wipes we killed one oversoul. We were getting damage markers and numbers, it just wouldn't die. We were all overleveled and running quality weapons (Fatebringer, Black Hammer, etc.).

Everyone's connection was green, and we passed host from Dave_6 to Hay, and it didn't matter. Weird stuff. The only difference was that Dave_6 wasn't around for the first 2 Crota kills, but it doesn't make much sense that him simply being in the game would cause these laggy-type issues when someone else was the host.

Anyway, there were a few miscellaneous exotics, but both GRIP and Verde got Cruxes on that last kill. I'm not sure anyone else got anything they were excited about, but it was fun to get the guys back together.

Silvard

Well, finally.
gu8jT9d.jpg

It was incredibly anti-climatic getting it in some random cave on Venus (I was only missing ghosts) but satisfying just the same. I had every other trophy except Ghost, Relic Hunter and Flawless from the time I quit back before TDB, so I'm glad to have mopped it up before TTK hit.

A thousand thanks to ReignOfSparrows and Mamoui for their help with Flawless.

Third run was super weird:

- Hay kept... sticking to Crota. He'd try to swipe to get away and it was like the sword swipe now tracks toward Crota for some reason. From the ledge's perspective, it looked like Crota was dragging him around by the sword.

- There were at least 3 occasions where Crota smashed his sword at Hay due to the aforementioned sticking and MISSED. None of us had seen this before. 2 of them happened on the same shield.

- No matter where Hay stood on the rock just off Crota's platform, Crota could shoot him. I'm not sure if they stealth buffed Crota's AI and now he actually MOVES to get a line on the swordbearer to shoot or what, but this caused a lot of wipes because...

- The oversoul was basically bulletproof. I think out of probably 10 wipes we killed one oversoul. We were getting damage markers and numbers, it just wouldn't die. We were all overleveled and running quality weapons (Fatebringer, Black Hammer, etc.).

Everyone's connection was green, and we passed host from Dave_6 to Hay, and it didn't matter. Weird stuff. The only difference was that Dave_6 wasn't around for the first 2 Crota kills, but it doesn't make much sense that him simply being in the game would cause these laggy-type issues when someone else was the host

Crota does what Crota wants

All that has happened to me after 2 perfect runs. Youve just got to suck it up

EL CUCO

Knew that was coming. I never played with folks who would just let me sit there like that.
Only happened once to me. During Skirmish the other team was getting annihilated and all but one player left. For some reason the game wouldn't refill the free spots. The remaining opposing player just kept waving without even trying, so the 4 of us decided to hug it out and sat together like it was a camp fire waiting for clock to expire.

Also elected best beer in the world several times. You can get 2 crates every 6 months at their abbey, but strictly no more than that.
You have to try and reach them by phone for a very long time, then they take your name and license plate and you have to come pick it up.

This is what I was told. I bought 3 bottles. The store only had like 20 in stock, said they arrive in limited quantities every few months.

Any X1 game DGAF recommends for this year. I want to pick up Halo 5 but I need a reason to justify buying the elite controller

I'm getting The Taken King, Gears of War Ultimate, Fallout 4, Halo 5 and Black Ops 3 on X1, because I like the triggers better than PS4 triggers and shooters rely heavily on triggers.

and yeah, I've got the Elite controller preordered.

uhh I guess I'm going to be poor in 2016

Lee

Any X1 game DGAF recommends for this year. I want to pick up Halo 5 but I need a reason to justify buying the elite controller

Imagine mapping x to a paddle and breezily reviving teammates without any impact on your gameplay in Trials.

Also: Halo 5, Gigantic, Siege, Fable Legends, Forza 6, Elite Dangerous, Fallout 4 with mod support...

Halo Wars on the distant horizon..

Homeboyd

Has the slot below emblems in the gear section of the companion app always been there or is that new? Says "0/10." Guessing it's new and is for the artifacts.

Edit: vv Oh yeah. That's a thing. Do we know what artifacts are yet?

Lee

I am guessing this is what happened. The postmaster doesn't just give out E-light or anything else.

Nah, it was a mail specifying the etheric light, actually he plays with his 3 chars every week.

You need to specify if this was an email message or in-game postmaster mail.

So I'm not finding the Legendary Package email from Bungie, but I did get this back in January. I think they periodically give boosts to certain players, but I have no idea how they choose who gets what.

http://imgur.com/WxFBX6J.jpg

Haybro

Got the band back together last night for some HM DS/Crota.

I still can't get over how easy the first two runs were in 100% contrast to the third. I'm glad GRIP and Verde both got the crux on that last one to at least lessen the pain of the wipes haha.

I think I netted a suros and a NLB (yay), still no 4th horseman for me.

Oh and warlocks suck.
especially for running sword

Top Bottom