• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Ikkarus

I think I might do the Hypescotch grind again tonight. It has to drop sometime right? Right? RIGHT?!

Also, where's this new info at? I'm thirsty for more TTK news.
Mix it up with POE28 and Dragon strikes and it's not as horrible. Granted it's still a horrible grind though.

Best of luck!

So is this different from switching the triggers from inside the Destiny menu?

Looks like switching in both places is like subtracting a negative. You end up back with the triggers as fire and bumper as whatever your bumper is, but the trigger is now a digital on/off, and not an analog incremental pull requiring bottoming out to be full on.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Thanks to Darknyss and Hyunsai for their help, but for some reason changing difficulty for the strike or something meant to mission didn't take. The quest remains unfulfilled!

Oh well, at least I have a buttload of coins now?

LTWood12

At that point, why bother with raid loot and the re-rolling mechanic if everything is just going to be average anyway. Look at how underwhelmed everyone is when it comes to PoE weapons.

The PoE weapons don't have any of the 'raise this/lower that' perks though. The base stats and even some of the perks on the PoE weapons are pretty good. But people are underwhelmed by the PoE weapons due to the following:

The only PoE primaries most people will ever obtain are the Kinetic ones. The fact that they made kinetic primaries, then made the drop rate for the elemental ones incredibly low is why no one uses them. I had to kill Skolas six times just to get one. No one is going to use a kinetic primary in end-game PvE activities, and it's not worth the effort to try and obtain the elemental ones for most people.

The PoE weapons unique perks are absolute shit. The fallen specific stuff is garbage.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
From the Game Informer dude writing the Destiny articles:

Everything huh ..

k70CVaRl.jpg
Yesssssssssssss

Tjamato88

So a friend of mine is getting Destiny today (don't ask why he didn't just wait for TTK...I'm not even sure haha) but what's the best way to level him up to 20? Should I play with him on my 30 or start a new character to play with him?

Tecnniqe

Banned
So a friend of mine is getting Destiny today (don't ask why he didn't just wait for TTK...I'm not even sure haha) but what's the best way to level him up to 20? Should I play with him on my 30 or start a new character to play with him?

PvP rank dont matter
[UPDATE]: We are seeing reports of the Focused Light consumable not appearing at the Postmaster since HotFix 1.2.0.5. We are actively investigating this matter. Stay tuned for updates.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/135194738/0/0
Seems my thread made it across.

Lee

It will go faster if you carry him on your 30, but you'll benefit more from starting a new character if you don't already have 3. Up to you. If you do start a new character, transfer your husk of the pit or go farm one. It wrecks at lower levels.

Lnkn52

Not on PS4, but apparently you're switching them on the console, then switching them back for Destiny, and it tricks the system.

Looks like switching in both places is like subtracting a negative. You end up back with the triggers as fire and bumper as whatever your bumper is, but the trigger is now a digital on/off, and not an analog incremental pull requiring bottoming out to be full on.

interesting, will try this. TLW does jam alot but I was blaming it on my day 1 controllers going bad.

Ikkarus

Crucible is the fastest way to get to 20.

The PoE weapons don't have any of the 'raise this/lower that' perks though. The base stats and even some of the perks on the PoE weapons are pretty good. But people are underwhelmed by the PoE weapons due to the following:

The only PoE primaries most people will ever obtain are the Kinetic ones. The fact that they made kinetic primaries, then made the drop rate for the elemental ones incredibly low is why no one uses them. I had to kill Skolas six times just to get one. No one is going to use a kinetic primary in end-game PvE activities, and it's not worth the effort to try and obtain the elemental ones for most people.

The PoE weapons unique perks are absolute shit. The fallen specific stuff is garbage.
As someone who has played this game since launch and done everything there is to offer, elemental primary weapons were a mistake and should be removed.
Never found one myself

Don't ever swear at someone over PSN, especially if you don't know them and/or they are trying to troll you.

It's a way to grief players because they can then report you to PSN and your account will be temp banned for a week or whatever.

I've seen it happen before.

I did not use "fucking", in the message, but what when the moron followed me into an area with hard enemies and obviously died I teabagged him a bit. First time in my life I do this.

PSN Account was level 1, so looks like somebody got PS4 today. Actually, I'd say he was trying to use me as a sherpa when killing hard enemies and obtain exp from assists.

Going out for milk (soy milk, actually). Maybe we can do something after dinner, but at least it's good to see that I find the game boring now and I am not hooked to the point I will log off and do something more useful.

NeOak

Or get a super rare Hori FPS 4 Plus like I did that has buttons instead of analog triggers.

As someone who has played this game since launch and done everything there is to offer, elemental primary weapons were a mistake and should be removed.
Never found one myself

Bullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Tjamato88

It will go faster if you carry him on your 30, but you'll benefit more from starting a new character if you don't already have 3. Up to you. If you do start a new character, transfer your husk of the pit or go farm one. It wrecks at lower levels.
I was thinking that I would just start a new one I only have my one Hunter. So maybe I'll start a Titan to play with him.

Are you saying you've NEVER gotten an elemental primary, or just never gotten one from Skolas?
Never got one in general, and I've tried every source of achieving one besides flawless trials because I'm only decent in the crucible.

In all honesty I do feel elemental primaries ruin the game a little, but obviously I have a bias here.

Thanks to Darknyss and Hyunsai for their help, but for some reason changing difficulty for the strike or something meant to mission didn't take. The quest remains unfulfilled!

Oh well, at least I have a buttload of coins now?
Oh man, I guess you were just needing the regular strike for a TDB mission? We did the Weekly Heroic which I guess doesn't count but has better rewards. Saving coins for when Xur comes to town is a good idea anyway.

You should be able to jump into the regular lvl 26 strike though. It has matchmaking so you shouldn't have to do it alone.

NeOak

Never got one in general, and I've tried every source of achieving one besides flawless trials because I'm only decent in the crucible.

In all honesty I do feel elemental primaries ruin the game a little, but obviously I have a bias here.
Dude.

No way.

You don't run VoG or Crota then.

So I call BS.

Shito

What?
How many times did you run HM VoG or HM CE?
Crota's raid in particular is reaaaally generous with its primary drops...

Ragarra

Huge thanks for Narmer212 for leading a flawless crota over the weekend. Finally knocked out Guardian Lord once I got that flawless raider out of the way. It is a shame he didnt get a Ghorn on my final trophy achieve.

qkM6html.jpg

zewone

It has to be impossible to not have one if you've ran either VoG or HM Crota more than once.

phen0m24

Huge thanks for Narmer212 for leading a flawless crota over the weekend. Finally knocked out Guardian Lord once I got that flawless raider out of the way. It is a shame he didnt get a Ghorn on my final trophy achieve.

qkM6html.jpg

Congrats ragarra!! And props to the Narmerman

Juraash

So I feel like the desire sensor is strong with this game (perhaps it just followed me from Monster Hunter. I've run a few hours of the max level strike playlist everynight for the last week or so since I've been back (on top of hours and hours spent when I was playing before). I've gotten an exotic, a ship and several legendary weapons and all I want is a god damn Lunar Elegy shader. Seen other people get it almost every night, but alas.

My wishes are so simple rng, why you do this? At least strikes are still fun for me to play when no one afks.

Shito

That's what I thought too. But when we ran HM Crota last week or 2, I didn't get one. I guess it's just a guaranteed gun when you first beat normal Crota.
That's it, but it's not even a guaranteed weapon on your first NM Crota, but a guaranteed *drop*: a friend got the helmet on our first ever Crota kill.

phen0m24

That's what I thought too. But when we ran HM Crota last week or 2, I didn't get one. I guess it's just a guaranteed (secondary/heavy) gun when you first beat normal Crota.
More likely to get primaries from the sections than Crota. Abyss, Oversoul, etc. HM Crota can net the helmet Word or Fang I think

That's what I thought too. But when we ran HM Crota last week or 2, I didn't get one. I guess it's just a guaranteed (secondary/heavy) gun when you first beat normal Crota.

Nah its not guaranteed. My first clear on Crota was done on normal for flawless raider and i didn't get any weapon that run. Just glowhoo and stuff :(

I also don't have any elemental primary (excluding the vex) but i dont run that many raids so...

th3dude

A friend and I are looking to run Skolas tonight, probably around 9pm eastern.

Neither of us have run it, but have read up on all of the strategies.

Would any of you kind souls like to help us run through it?

What?

What?

2 HM VoG and 1 HM CE. Did HM VoG mainly for the helmet which took two tries so I could reach the then level cap, and HM CE only once for triumphs. I really don't raid that much given that my first run through each raid there was someone telling everyone else exactly what to do, which kind of killed the moment. I imagine further replays would feel more special had my group figured it out the first time on our own, so definitely making a bigger attempt with TTK to find a blind run group.

Nah its not guaranteed. My first clear on Crota was done on normal for flawless raider and i didn't get any weapon that run. Just glowhoo and stuff :(

I also don't have any elemental primary (excluding the vex) but i dont run that many raids so...

Yea excluding the Vex and 2 Trials Summoners, I don't have an elemental primary for xb1 either. I've done VoG a little over 10 times now. So I wouldn't be surprised.

phen0m24

A friend and I are looking to run Skolas tonight, probably around 9pm eastern.

Neither of us have run it, but have read up on all of the strategies.

Would any of you kind souls like to help us run through it?

You seek Drizzay aka "I soloed up to Skolas" :p

qkM6html.jpg

Hey, I had to repay you for all the times you got me through content while I was deep into NarmerHardMode.

LTWood12

Never found one myself

I see you've only completed Crota Hard Mode one time. Did you do the whole raid or just Crota himself? Elemental primaries drop frequently from each section of that raid. It's worth doing it a few times.

I see you've done VoG HM once. You get double the drops from doing VoG HM if you haven't already done normal on a given week. You should get an elemental primary from there too, though the loot drops aren't as 'smart.'

I'd be happy to help you with both of these sometimes. Saying they ruin the game because you've never gotten one is a bit sour grapes.

NeOak

2 HM VoG and 1 HM CE. Did HM VoG mainly for the helmet which took two tries, and HM CE only once for triumphs. I really don't raid that much given that my first run through each raid there was someone telling everyone else exactly what to do, which kind of killed the moment. I imagine further replays would feel more special had my group figured it out the first time on our own, so definitely making a bigger attempt with TTK to find a blind run group.
Yeah no wonder.

Stop saying you did everything then. You haven't gotten them because you don't do the raids.

Top Bottom