• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Shito

2 HM VoG and 1 HM CE. Did HM VoG mainly for the helmet which took two tries so I could reach the then level cap, and HM CE only once for triumphs. I really don't raid that much given that my first run through each raid there was someone telling everyone else exactly what to do, which kind of killed the moment. I imagine further replays would feel more special had my group figured it out the first time on our own, so definitely making a bigger attempt with TTK to find a blind run group.
Ok, yeah, it's totally understandable on the VoG front, but you were a bit unlucky for your CE run.
The first two phases of CE are really easy to solo, and their respective primary weapons drop rates are really high, so if you can't find a group I would advise you to run those.
I don't raid much either (but I've been VERY lucky on the drops), and that's how I obtained my first primary elementals. They really open up the game, I find, and make the activities that have a burn really more fun to run.

phen0m24

2 HM VoG and 1 HM CE. Did HM VoG mainly for the helmet which took two tries so I could reach the then level cap, and HM CE only once for triumphs. I really don't raid that much given that my first run through each raid there was someone telling everyone else exactly what to do, which kind of killed the moment. I imagine further replays would feel more special had my group figured it out the first time on our own, so definitely making a bigger attempt with TTK to find a blind run group.

Yeah you just have to put "blind" in your raid request so either nobody says anything or you only look for people yet to do them. If you run raids you're shortly swimming in elemental primaries.

I see you've only completed Crota Hard Mode one time. Did you do the whole raid or just Crota himself? Elemental primaries drop frequently from each section of that raid. It's worth doing it a few times.

I see you've done VoG HM once. You get double the drops from doing VoG HM if you haven't already done normal on a given week. You should get an elemental primary from there too, though the loot drops aren't as 'smart.'

I'd be happy to help you with both of these sometimes. Saying they ruin the game because you've never gotten one is a bit sour grapes.
I did my HM CE run fresh all the way through.

My second HM VoG was on a second Warlock alt (main is also Warlock) which I have since deleted so I could have one of each class. Maybe I'll try some HM raids again.

Laughed my ass off at the "Never trust a Titan" post by noomi on reddit. Well done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3gq81w/never_trust_a_titan/

brilliant music

Bravo noomi

tumblr_inline_n8s1heJrqk1sbfyb2.gif

That video had everything.

• A Hypescotch
  • A Titan Smash that worked
  • Three Hunters gettin REKT

GutZ31

Never got one in general, and I've tried every source of achieving one besides flawless trials because I'm only decent in the crucible.

In all honesty I do feel elemental primaries ruin the game a little, but obviously I have a bias here.
Would you be willing to post your gamer tag/PSN for us to wrap our heads around this?

It is completely possible to be RNG shit on, just really hard to be THAT unlucky.

We can look up your raid info with your ID, and it will give us an idea of how active you have been able to complete raids, and at what difficulty.

I was doing PoE on 28 just to grind some light and coins. After completing it I got a legendary weapon engram. I didn't care too much cuz I was thinking it was gonna give me a weapon I already had but hey on the bright side I get more light when I dismantle it so whatevs. I go to decode it and it turns out to be the MIDA Multi-Tool, the scout rifle I have desperately been wanting ever since I passed on it from Xur months ago. This gun had been in my mind since not taking the chance on it and Destiny finally shows mercy to me.

200.gif

I did my HM CE run fresh all the way through.

My second HM VoG was on a second Warlock alt (main is also Warlock) which I have since deleted so I could have one of each class. Maybe I'll try some HM raids again.

HM raids are fairly easy since most people are OP at this point. Last night a group of us took down Hard Atheon in literally 1 round.

Weapons of Light + Black Hammer = heaven.

And that was with 1 person dead the whole time haha.

LTWood12

Would you be willing to post your gamer tag/PSN for us to wrap our heads around this?

It is completely possible to be RNG shit on, just really hard to be THAT unlucky.

We can look up your raid info with your ID, and it will give us an idea of how active you have been able to complete raids, and at what difficulty.

5 VoG Normal

2 VoG Hard

1 CE Normal

! CE Hard

Guys . . . Umm . . . I don't even know how this happens but I feel like I'm getting old and am now embarrassed. I shall hide my shame behind a black wall.

I have a void damage Word of Crota sitting in my vault which I don't remember achieving.

5 VoG Normal

2 VoG Hard

1 CE Normal

! CE Hard
By ! You mean 1 right? And does this take into consideration deleted characters?

NeOak

He only has raided 9 times total.

But I did do the raids? So I did do everything? Granted not a lot (3 total HM runs). Plus beat Skolas another 3 times.

You only did VoG HM twice, Crota once. Your posts implied you had done everything in your power to get them, as in: raided EVERY week.

Instead, you only raided three times, then pretty much said you were salty you didn't get the weapons on those 3 tries so fuck elemental primaries.

Sorry, but this game isn't like that.

I have friends that raiding every week took them months to get a Fatebringer. Months.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Guys . . . Umm . . . I don't even know how this happens but I feel like I'm getting old and am now embarrassed. I shall hide my shame behind a black wall.

I have a void damage Word of Crota sitting in my vault which I don't remember achieving.
Dishonor to your class (I'm assuming warlock). They're sketchy as hell.

Shito

Hahahaha, now that's more like it! ^^
CE really is quite generous, so I was surprised you didn't get at least one weapon on the three checkpoints where one can drop.

Forgive me for i lacked faith in our lord and savior Drizzay.

Lol it was possible to solo Skolas as a Warlock back when he had Solar Burn but it required rampant heavy ammo glitch abuse and I don't waste my time with that. Sadly the first HM Crota solo was the same thing, although it wasn't required there. I won't attempt anything that uses heavy ammo glitch.

Worlds first Skolas solo spent 15 minutes on heavy glitch then 2 minutes spamming GHorn. Boring.

GutZ31

But I did do the raids? So I did do everything? Granted not a lot (3 total HM runs). Plus beat Skolas another 3 times.

Over 200 raid completions under my belt.
I have probably obtained a total of 20-35 elemental primaries through all of those.

It has been like this from the very beginning of the game, and the most likely point to get a primary is right after the abyss on Croats end HM.
Oversoul Edict is a fantastic arc pulse rifle that works well in both PvE, and PvP.

I would suggest at least attempting a raid every week for a chance.
Then again, TTK is fairly close, so I will leave that up to your own discretion.

Don't pay attention that that dude he is always combative from what I have seen of him in this thread. He was going back calling out my post history the other day because I said it was hard to find a party to raid without jumping through hoops if you don't have real life friends to play with.

If you say anything negative he seems to get very defensive.

Deku Tree

Lol it was possible to solo Skolas as a Warlock back when he had Solar Burn but it required rampant heavy ammo glitch abuse and I don't waste my time with that. Sadly the first HM Crota solo was the same thing, although it wasn't required there. I won't attempt anything that uses heavy ammo glitch.

Worlds first Skolas solo spent 15 minutes on heavy glitch then 2 minutes spamming GHorn. Boring.

And they had to hope to RNG the right mine spawn otherwise it was a wipe. Yup boring.

You need to raid more often. Doing it once or twice may not get you an elemental primary. 3 HM raids, total, isn't much.

Also, why do you want them taken out of the game? Is the only reason because you don't have one?

You only did VoG once, Crota twice. Your posts implied you had done everything in your power to get them, as in: raided EVERY week.

Instead, you only raided three times, then pretty much said you were salty you didn't get the weapons on those 3 tries so fuck elemental primaries.

Sorry, but this game isn't like that.
I did VoG HM from fresh twice if it makes any difference, once on a now deleted character. However I apologize if I came off salty or implied I tried everything in my power to hey one, I honestly don't care all that much about elemental primaries, as evident by having one in my vault without knowing.

noomi

Laughed my ass off at the "Never trust a Titan" post by noomi on reddit. Well done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3gq81w/never_trust_a_titan/

brilliant music

Bravo noomi

tumblr_inline_n8s1heJrqk1sbfyb2.gif

That video had everything.

• A Hypescotch
  • A Titan Smash that worked
  • Three Hunters gettin REKT

Hahaha, thanks guys :D

Came back from lunch and noticed I hit the Destiny front page, I'm famous now guys... I can make things happen... let me call Deej real quick and ask about Vault Space, brb

LTWood12

By ! You mean 1 right? And does this take into consideration deleted characters?

Oh ha, sorry yes I meant 1. Damn shift key.

Deku Tree

The whole taint mechanic feels like it was put in to try to prevent solo'ing after all the Crota solo debacles.

Unfortunately Bungie decided to give Skolas solar burns so...

NeOak

Don't pay attention that that dude he is always combative from what I have seen of him inThis thread. He was going back calling out my post history the over day because I said it was hard to find a party to raid with.
You were saying that after 5 posts. 5. Then you claimed you had posted a lot, so I called you out when I saw you hadn't after I searched to see if you were right or just whining.

You were saying that after 5 posts. 5. Then you claimed you had posted a lot, so I called you out when I saw you hadn't after I searched to see if you were right or just whining.

I think you quoted seven last time better check my post history again kid. I have posted way more than 5 times in the last month try again. Did you check every previous destiny thread this one just started on 8/1? You should really take a step back and understand not everyone sits on this message board 24 hours a day looking for people to play with people have real life outside of destiny.

NeOak

I did VoG HM from fresh twice if it makes any difference, once on a now deleted character. However I apologize if I came off salty or implied I tried everything in my power to hey one, I honestly don't care all that much about elemental primaries, as evident by having one in my vault without knowing.

Sorry, that was the impression you gave.

Why don't you take that when there is a void burn and give it a try? Even for pvp it is a decent HC.

phen0m24

Hahaha, thanks guys :D

Came back from lunch and noticed I hit the Destiny front page, I'm famous now guys... I can make things happen... let me call Deej real quick and ask about Vault Space, brb

Don't tell him you're from GAF hehe

He probably won't take your call because I think he likes
warlocks
lol

You need to raid more often. Doing it once or twice may not get you an elemental primary. 3 HM raids, total, isn't much.

Also, why do you want them taken out of the game? Is the only reason because you don't have one?
Yeah figure I should raid more. Probably more fun using DGAF to find a group opposed to LFG as well (had an account here for years, not sure why I never bothered to use DGAF before).

My opinion on removing elemental primaries is not really that I don't have one
I actually do
but moreso from my experience playing without one I enjoy the challenge presented. If I want to take out an arc shield for example I need to get up close with an arc fusion rifle or shotgun or use an arc sniper but with limited ammo since I'm standing back from all the special ammo drops. Now obviously this isn't something I feel strongly about, just a passive thought that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

GutZ31

Let us continue to be civil in here guys.
Bish lurks, and Ghaleon will spake us for derailing.

Good vibrations y'all, good vibrations.

Top Bottom