• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Seems like the stats screen isn't reflecting things correctly. I had a Pacifier X which claimed to have 31 rounds in the magazine after Smallbore, but in reality had 30. I currently have a Hygeia Noblesse which claims to have 14 but only has 13. Hope that gets fixed in Taken King.

Wiping to do the Oracles and Templar up top is definitely a cheese. Templar up top takes more work because the relic holder needs to stay down and take down the shields.

Hiding on the middle platform from the Windows @ Crota is not cheese. Maybe this one is subjective but you don't have to wipe or doing anything out of the boundaries of the small area of the map.

Hiding from legions isn't really cheese, either.

with the bones of eao, I wonder if you can grab the relic and jump back up top now. someone should test this out

lt519

Lt519 you still holding Skolas school? I have a friend who needs one.

I think I might run a few this weekend and one tonight. I have some people that I never got through last time that have been contacting me as well. Have them send me a friend request on psn: rarbusto, and I'll see if we are on at the same time. I know Drizz has been running people through a lot too!

with the bones of eao, I wonder if you can grab the relic and jump back up top now. someone should test this out

Well I know without the relic, Warlocks and Titans can get back up. Hunters can with Bones as well. Just not sure if you can with the relic haha

While I agree it's a very tasty chicken sandwich, spicy it is not.

Yea I think the spiciness varies. Most of the time it's a good medium. A few times I've had it, it was fairly spicy :p I think it also depends on if you put any condiments on such as their sauces. I make mine the same way each time (in terms of condiment preparation)

Monster Zero

What do the packages look like?

Blue sign in the middle, unknown benefactor
tTpdgeF.jpg

Nuszka

They seriously gotta fix that matchmaking, at least 3 out of 5 games I'm paired with a team 2k points below... Oh btw i love how randoms just leave a game when you quickly score about 1k ahead of them, then its like a walk in the park with a 14.0 k/d lol. Hope its fixed with tTK as announced.

Monster Zero

Could be from Bungie, trying to bribe you into playing more. Did you get an email recently from Bungie about it? Bungie has done that in the past to some players

Nah, I don't think they need to bribe me at this point lol, but it was oddly specific loot, 6 focused lights, 6 orders. I don't wanna open em

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So I've never done either raid. How long do each of them take?
Depends on the team. With a good team (with levels 30-34s) vault of glass can take 45minutss to an hour (you could add some change to that with hard mode). This assumes there are no wipes.

Crota with the same team on easy can take 30 minutes. And a bit longer (give a few minutes) on hard mode with no deaths.

A shitty team or a team without a clue of what to do could take hours.

LTWood12

You be cheesing HARD bruh! I like your style Lt :D

Blinking hunters are cheese and that's all!

LTDatto in da house :p

I explained why I think this. Also stated of course legions is a bit different.

That much cheese isn't healthy guys.

*Except Titan Bubble cheese. That's highly nutritious.

FYI, he's being sarcastic

As well as others lol

How is standing on areas where enemies can't touch you, strategy? lol

God, I hope the new raid skull fucks kids into oblivion.

Masochist!

You absolutely cannot bring a Gjallarhorn either.

6. Must repeat the hashtag; #theswordislocatedinachamber, #guardedbytheswarmprinces

I enjoy a good smokey gouda

Bungie employees put those cheeses in the raid on purpose, cause they couldn't beat it other wise.

Haha haha FTFY :p

Lt and Ramirez I have greatly enjoyed your back and forthery. No bans were handed out and only pride was hurt in the making of this mockumentary.

DGAF > All else

PS
I got a side salad and grilled nuggets from CFA today.

I think we all need to take a breath, and realize we are all:

bold-and-the-beautiful-o.gif

edit: That's probably too many quotes isn't it?

Someone the other day claimed they had a Blacksmith shader in their postmaster randomly. I are jealous. I'm curious to see if I have anything in my postmaster now and regardless, how did those packages get there for people that have them?!

Unplugging the router, climbing outside of the play area to despawn enemies, and grenading a boss off a cliff would be what I consider cheese.

I've posted this many times but might as well post again: unplugging your router is cheating, not cheesing. It's closer to a lag switch (manipulating network connections) than cheese. I wish Luke would stop making lame jokes about it.

Cheesing is done in-game to gain a cheap or unintended advantage.

Using anything outside the game to gain an advantage is cheating.

Edit: I did not cheese this page top by camping the end of the last page.

CMOwLvUUEAAN1OL.jpg:large

First Mercury for Inthrall, followed by his first Ballerhorn from the gold package. Then his second GHorn from Atheon an hour later!

lt519

Serious talk. Humans are, by nature, efficient. We strive to expend the smallest amount of energy for the maximal effect. So, any expectation that players wouldn't use the easiest possible strategy to defeat an encounter is absurd. It's merely human nature.

It's on Bungie to design encounters that can't be so easily "cheesed".

I get that, but at the same time we've all got the loot, we've all got the skill to do it, so why do people still cheese? It's more fun to stand on that bridge 6 guardians guns a blazing holding off hordes of enemies while you pee your pants waiting for that bridge to build. I've taken people through HM Crota that have come back to the game and they don't even know how the bridge mechanics work because they used to always despawn the enemies. Then it turns out they don't even have the skill to make it across the bridge, it's just a bad culture to always be cheesing. I get it, cheese, get your loot, but then have some fun with the challenge the game originally meant to throw at you. Same with burn strategies. I'd rather fight for 30 minutes than wait for 15 minutes for Heavy Ammo Synths to cool down.

Edit: substitute cheap for cheese if you want, doesn't really matter. Avoiding the games designed mechanics because it's too hard is cheese to me. Bungie avoiding good game design and just throwing mobs of yellows is their own version of cheese (;

So is deflating footballs in the team bathroom by team employees to try to gain an advantage before the game "cheesing" or "cheating"?

Hahaha, unfortuantely cheating since there is a rule against it. Video games are by definition a set of rules so basically everything is a cheese until you start actually breaking network rules outside the game like glitching PSN or even using a Game Genie to modify code. There was this crazy cheat in OlliOlli2 where if you went into video record mode mid spin and then back to the game, your spins were like 10x as fast. It was bananas but it was using an outside application to glitch in game rules.

75% through the OT already. I still can't believe how fast these things go.

Today's new info can potentially shut the thread down and move onto 28, which is obviously more available.

Top Bottom