• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Titan gear always makes you feel powerful when you wear it. Vault gear made us look like Minotaurs. Crota's End made us feared like Knights. Prison of Elders made us a frigging walking tanks. To me, the Sunbreaker armor that keeps getting shown off for Taken King looks like it is turning us into the Frames from the Tower?

Here's Xander, the bounty master:
Xander.jpg

11356747_399437273594441_418984690_n.jpg

Another example:
Nq6Rp9qz.jpeg

Fear my mop, Guardian!

stb

https://twitter.com/dekubleep/status/631545507245002752

Ok I got some strange packages too today. Turned into:

One focused light.

One amplified geo
Three strange coins.
Three strange coins.
Three strange coins.

I got an email from Bungie a few weeks ago. If you were signed up to get Destiny-related emails, they gave you 9 strange coins. No idea why they did 3x3 instead of one package with 9 coins. Maybe it was 3 per character?

"The game even lets you cycle through whether you show off your primary, secondary, or heavy weapon when you’re walking through social spaces."

AWESOME.

Agent

I live right outside of Philly, so that isn't at all unfortunate.

The sandwich is only available at the Federal Donuts popup shop at Spruce Street Harbor Park on the waterfront through the end of September. There are a lot of good popup restaurants in it, but it can get packed. http://www.delawareriverwaterfront.com/places/spruce-street-harbor-park

You are so lucky. One of my bucket list items is to get a Philly from Philly. I need!!!

From which shop? I have the same thing on my list whenever I visit the east coast.

I'm assuming you both are referring to cheesesteaks, right? I would probably get toasted by most locals from here for saying this, but I'd rather go for something like a roast pork sandwich. I don't have much of a recommendation for where to go other than saying avoid Pats and Genos, tourist trap central. I would say this is a decent starter list, minus the two mentioned. http://www.visitphilly.com/articles/philadelphia/philadelphias-sandwich-hall-of-fame/

Spoiler tagged this just in case people don't want to know about it yet, but this is pretty cool (regarding how to get one of the new exotics)

Very cool, and also thanks for spoiler tagging it.

Please tag any tidbits you post here, since some people wan't to go in as blind as possible.

"Three of Coins" purchased from Xur boosts Exotic drop chance from the next boss you kill. :eek:

lol

XUR: hey stranger, ill sell you these 3 coins for 10 coins

ME: you got yourself a deal!

its probably for old exotics. it sounds, much like HoW, that the new exotics, if not all of them will be quest based. who knows, but having all new exotic weopons be quest based would be awesome and have xur continue to sell only old exotic weopons. gives Xur the "starter exotic collection" status

Deku Tree

I got an email from Bungie a few weeks ago. If you were signed up to get Destiny-related emails, they gave you 9 strange coins. No idea why they did 3x3 instead of one package with 9 coins. Maybe it was 3 per character?

No I already got those nine strange coins from the email thing a few weeks ago too. This was new today.

I wish I had gotten six focused light instead of one, ugh.

stb

The sandwich is only available at the Federal Donuts popup shop at Spruce Street Harbor Park on the waterfront through the end of September. There are a lot of good popup restaurants in it, but it can get packed. http://www.delawareriverwaterfront.com/places/spruce-street-harbor-park

I'm assuming you both are referring to cheesesteaks, right? I would probably get toasted by most locals from here for saying this, but I'd rather go for something like a roast pork sandwich. I don't have much of a recommendation for where to go other than saying avoid Pats and Genos, tourist trap central. I would say this is a decent starter list, minus the two mentioned. http://www.visitphilly.com/articles/philadelphia/philadelphias-sandwich-hall-of-fame/

DiNics! Roast pork with broccoli rabe. Do it. Skip the cheesers, go for the Dinics.

coy

Pretty good read. I haven't been up-to-date with all the news going around so I am unsure how much of this is new. What I did read is quite intriguing.

Namikaze1

So we can trade in our old class materials for the new armor material through the vanguard quartermaster. Thank god for my 1500+ Plasteel.

Xur is going to sell an item called Three of Coins that increases chances of exotic drop on the next boss fight.

everything i read about TTK has been hype, witha ll these new changes, they can take my old exotics for all I care

Just please give me the vault space to keep them please

Daemul

Pretty good read. I haven't been up-to-date with all the news going around so I am unsure how much of this is new. What I did read is quite intriguing.

99% of it is stuff people who haven't been avoiding TTK spoilers will already know, but there's a few points there which are new.

So we can trade in our old class materials for the new armor material through the vanguard quartermaster. Thank god for my 1500+ Plasteel.

Xur is going to sell an item called Three of Coins that increases chances of exotic drop on the next boss fight.

better not cost a single glimmer! cant imagine exchanging 1700 platings, 1200 saphire wire for 50 glimmer each.

Namikaze1

So Bungie are taking the whole PoE teleporting entire party to arena thing and adding something similar to strikes to curb AFK issues.

I'm just gonna sit back and watch the enemies kill all AFKers.

Do telemetries apply to the weapon? That is to say, if I use it on a item and put it in the vault and pick it up with another character, will it still have the telemetry buff applied?
Telemetry applies to the character not the weapon. You will have to pop a new one when you switch characters.

Daemul

better not cost a single glimmer! cant imagine exchanging 1700 platings, 1200 saphire wire for 50 glimmer each.

I've already accepted that this is going to be the case, and the exchange rate will be 200 glimmer :p

Kyoufu

So Bungie are taking the whole PoE teleporting entire party to arena thing and adding something similar to strikes to curb AFK issues.

That's not going to do anything to prevent AFKers AFKing. Death doesn't mean anything in this game.

Hopefully they have something else in the works to really put an end to that.

Ok I haven't read anyone's impressions yet but I'm nothing a few thoughts here so far:

1) Int/Disc/Str broken down into tiers and shows you # of seconds for cooldown, etc!
2) No Sparrow in Dreadnaught because of everything going on and it makes sense, nice!
3) Class Mats & Marks now streamlined is going to be so so awesome for alts. Alts continue to win.
4) Order weapons and wait to pick up your new toy?! Nice! Similar to waiting for Variks for the Cipher haha but better!
5) Xur's Three of Coins, increase your chance for an exotic to drop on the next boss fight = sweet. Hopefully they didn't lower exotic rates in the background to then bring you up to regular level with those haha. Great use of extra strange coins.
6) Exotics dismantle into something good?
7) Working on AFKers, good
8) Nightfall Modifiers redone, good
9) PvP maps and Zone control and Rift, nothing else to be said. Can't wait!!! Of course I'll check out Mayhem as well. Might be a nice change of pace when frustrated with an encounter or something :p
10) Tons of new bounties, yes!!!!
11) My favorite number. These changes are very welcoming. And lots of new weapons and gear so bring me to next month already!

Daemul

AFK'ers won't give a shit unless they're trying to complete the Walking Tall bounty. AFK'ers have never been trying to avoid dying, they've been trying to avoid doing anything at all.

The new raid better also have a part where everything is completely dark. I'm so ready for TTK. I just need to know when will the raid drop so I can plan on ordering BBQ that day. No one will complete it the first day but just trying will be fun.

Another GI article tomorrow? Woo

Namikaze1

On Vanguard strike playlist:

-Year one strikes are under the Vanguard Legacy playlist.

-Vanguard Ursa is a list of random heroic strikes that will award players with legendary marks and legendary engrams

-Vanguard Marmoset is a list of strikes pulled specifically from The Taken King.

Top Bottom