• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Lee

Some people on Reddit are saying they had already redeemed 100 focused lights and now have another 100 waiting... that's 100 hours of game time.

I had my brother jump on and collect mine, which is nice as I don't trust Bungie not to fix this (recall Xur's strange coins or the Queen's dismantled rewards). Only issue is now he knows my password...

kiguel182

I wish we could get TTK right now. With all the armour and weapon resets that will happen it feels kinda pointless to play for drops since I'm already so beyond on that stuff and we will all start fresh next month.

It's like we are in a limbo now. Sucks.

Old raids will just become old. I think their goal is to have so much content eventually that it'll be near impossible to do everything in a week, anyway.

Yeah this was clearly their original intention, with Vex/VoG loot being "frozen in time." They realized TDB and HoW didn't have enough content to support the loss of vanilla loot/activities so they added Etheric Light. Hopefully this is an indication that TTK will be robust enough to follow through on their original intent.

When VoG originally released, Luke gave a Kotaku interview where he talked about keeping VoG relevant. They were debating internally how best to continue this great content through the game's lifetime, etc. I think they'll do something, it's too good to abandon completely.

Drizz - why not raid-specific bounties?

Wait until the next decade

Fig I have not forgotten you! We can do patrol and Nilla can try to jump over everything and throw knives.

This is me ColonelOChoppedLiver checking in. If you guys can use a 33 Titan and a 27 Hunter I'm free around 9 or I can make Josh do it.
While I play Rocket League

;)

Yea you or Josh told me yall wanted to do a hard VoG so either one of you is one of those 2 that only has 1 character :p

Thanks for the time update. That makes 2 in the 9-930 EST range so far.

FyreWulff

Yeah this was clearly their original intention, with Vex/VoG loot being "frozen in time." They realized TDB and HoW didn't have enough content to support the loss of vanilla loot/activities so they added Etheric Light. Hopefully this is an indication that TTK will be robust enough to follow through on their original intent.

When VoG originally released, Luke gave a Kotaku interview where he talked about keeping VoG relevant. They were debating internally how best to continue this great content through the game's lifetime, etc. I think they'll do something, it's too good to abandon completely.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the lore, isn't the Vault of Glass the only content in the game that literally exists outside of the timeline?

Like, Crota's End has a specific place in the storyline, and is 'completable' since it builds to the Taken King ...

Vault of Glass happens outside of time, but killing Atheon has no effect on the story (so far) since the battle actually takes place before Destiny and after Destiny and during Destiny's storyline?

edit: i tried to edit this post to make it more readable

Correct me if I'm wrong on the lore, isn't the Vault of Glass the only content in the game that literally exists outside of the timeline?

Like, Crota's End has a specific place in the storyline, and is 'completable' since it builds to the Taken King but Vault of Glass technically happens outside of time, and killing Atheon has no effect on the story (so far) since the battle actually takes place before Destiny and after Destiny?

I'm pretty sure you are correct.

kiguel182

Like, Crota's End has a specific place in the storyline, and is 'completable' since it builds to the Taken King ...

Vault of Glass happens outside of time, but killing Atheon has no effect on the story (so far) since the battle actually takes place before Destiny and after Destiny and during Destiny's storyline?

Man, I love Destiny lore.

phen0m24

Bounties DD Bounties. That would be great! Finish a raid and get 10k or 20k XP would be fantastic

Arrrammis

Like, Crota's End has a specific place in the storyline, and is 'completable' since it builds to the Taken King but Vault of Glass technically happens outside of time, but killing Atheon has no effect on the story (so far) since the battle actually takes place before Destiny and after Destiny and during Destiny's storyline?
As I understand it, you are correct. And I doubt that the VoG will ever be mentioned as completed, because even though we have killed Atheon and are still killing him, we haven't killed him yet. Which is why I really like the vault. It's the first instance in a game that ice seen where completing it an infinite amount of times makes sense in the lore, and that is awesome.

XenoRaven

It's not completely out of the storyline as an optional story mission mentions the Vault of Glass. So it's acknowledged as something that exists elsewhere in the game, but that's about it.

Got a cipher from skolas witch one should i go for?

Queenbreaker
Lord of wolves
Dregs promise

Just got one myself and from what I've heard the Lord of Wolves is the most useful of the bunch. But personally I'm leaning heavily towards Queenbreaker because it just looks fun, usefulness be damned.

Lee

Just got one myself and from what I've heard the Lord of Wolves is the most useful of the bunch. But personally I'm leaning heavily towards Queenbreaker because it just looks fun, usefulness be damned.

Queenbreakers is fun the way No Land Beyond is fun, and can be good in PvP.

Lord of Wolves. We had a guy wipe our team in Trials with a Lord of Wolves ffs.

Avoid Dreg's Promise.

todd360

The vault of glass hasn't been raided yet, but also it is being raided right now. Wait no it was already raided. Err actually its all three. Wait no that doesn't sound right. Its all three but none of them at the same time!

I hope you all understand now.

The vault of glass hasn't been raided yet, but also it is being raided right now. Wait no it was already raided. Err actually its all three. Wait no that doesn't sound right. Its all three but none of them at the same time!

I hope you all understand now.

That theory seems legit.

I assumed as much during the House of Wolves opening with Petra talking about our accomplishments.

We defeated the heart in the black garden, and slain a hive prince. The don't acknowledge the VoG for a reason.

D_psipher

Got a cipher from skolas witch one should i go for?

Queenbreaker
Lord of wolves
Dregs promise

Lord of Wolves is great. Was grinding the dragon strike playlist and I pulled out my Lord of Wolves and the other two randoms did. We just ran through the strike as a wave of shotgunny death. Strike was Dust Palace btw.

Like, Crota's End has a specific place in the storyline, and is 'completable' since it builds to the Taken King but Vault of Glass technically happens outside of time, but killing Atheon has no effect on the story (so far) since the battle actually takes place before Destiny and after Destiny and during Destiny's storyline?

This is a good question I don't think anyone can answer for sure. VoG isn't completely outside the timeline though, people know and talk about it.

-The Archive mission has Ghost dialogue at the end which references the Vault of Glass. Some information is stored there about VoG, presumably from Dr. Shinn's work. The Cryptarchs learn about it and study it.
-Kabr got out and talked about it. Some of his Grimoire quotes are second-hand from a Hunter named Pahanin who Kabr talked to about VoG after having been there. His fire team being erased by the Gorgons lead to Pahanin developing the Super Good Advice weapon.
-GI article implies that you are recognized in game as the Guardian who conquered VoG and defeated Crota which explains why you are chosen to confront Oryx.

Ultimately I don't think it's outside the timeline, but a unique part of space/time that operates under Vex rules of reality.

Gorgon Grimoire said:
Deep in the Vault of Glass, the fabric of reality bends to the will of the Vex.

The Gorgons are said to only have their ontological power inside VoG. They can decide what is real or not real, but only for things/people that enter VoG. They can't erase the speaker or the Traveller from existence. A major part of the Vex mission is to write themselves into the fabric of all reality, so that they could wield this power everywhere.

Drizz - why not raid-specific bounties? )

This would be sweet, especially if they tied it into the Quest line style of bounties they are talking about for TTK. There isn't a VoG or Vex related vendor/quest-giver right now so who knows how they'd do it but it's definitely a smart option.

ocean

Banned
The coolest way to keep old raids relevant:
Complement the weekly Strike with a monthly or bi-monthly Raid.

Vault of Glass:
Epic: More enemies, more aggressive, shields (Supplicants, Fanatics et al are now shielded)
Void Burn: Minotaurs and Templar will own you
Small Arms: your sniper will not own them

Or whatever. I'd love to play a raid with modifiers that rotate. Maybe even Nightfall modifier (wipe=orbit)? Lol ok maybe that's too much.

kiguel182

Is all of VoG supposed to be in a time warp or is it just the Atheon fight? That one seems to be the one that really amps up the time aspects of it.

You can access parts of VoG in HoW that seem normal with fallen there and all.

Virdix

Vault of Glass:
Epic: More enemies, more aggressive, shields (Supplicants, Fanatics et al are now shielded)

Or whatever. I'd love to play a raid with modifiers that rotate. Maybe even Nightfall modifier (wipe=orbit)? Lol ok maybe that's too much.

Takes gorgons to a whole new level

Vault of Glass:

The Tooken have taken over VoG for this week only! Primary Elements have been disabled. A mystery gift awaits the end. IDK, but changing them up somehow like you said would be pretty cool!

Vault of Glass:

That sounds scary. Please no. D:

ocean

Banned
The Tooken have taken over VoG for this week only! Primary Elements have been disabled. A mystery gift awaits the end. IDK, but changing them up somehow like you said would be pretty cool!
Lol oracles done let's get ready for Templa-hoooooly shit that's a huge Valus! :p

The one smart part of the original Queen's Wrath event was adding modifiers to story missions. They should embrace that to add variety to more activities, raids included. I would totally be down for a Nightfall raid, it'd be an easier version of flawless.

Drizz, we should be on track for 9pm Skolas tonight. I'll FR and message you a bit later. Hyped!!!!

Sounds good, I should still be available.

If there are any newbies around in the next hour or two I could do a run soon as well.

noomi

Vault of Glass:

I actually really like this idea and would love to see this included. Well maybe no orbit on wipe... That would suck lol.

ocean

Banned
The one smart part of the original Queen's Wrath event was adding modifiers to story missions. They should embrace that to add variety to more activities, raids included. I would totally be down for a Nightfall raid, it'd be an easier version of flawless.

Sounds good, I should still be available.

If there are any newbies around in the next hour or two I could do a run soon as well.
If you need a third when you're taking someone I'm a vetnoob who's always down for smooth Skolas :p

Bungie, I'll love you forever if you delay TTK by exactly 1 week!

Now back to reality, I might need to get a backlog game or 2 done before TTK. Just like I got Ori and Bloodborne completed before HoW. Those are the only 2 games I've completed all year long. Sheesh. My backlog is just so overwhelming I wouldn't know where to start. So many games in progress and most I'd have to restart at this point.

FyreWulff

My mysterious benefactor mail was 9 strange coins and this

CMPYFQEUEAADmL3.jpg:large

LMFAO, i just said out loud i wish it would give me a exotic bounty when turning in a bounty and BOOM, i've got one. I could choose between the thorn, incentive or bad juju one. I went thorn.. pvp here i come

My mysterious benefactor mail was 9 strange coins and this

CMPYFQEUEAADmL3.jpg:large

ive gotten the same as you + zerp point lotp

Top Bottom