• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

ethomaz

Banned
I have a lot of parties here this week... no gameplay since last week.

That sucks because I miss you guys.

But GIRLS > BEER > GAMING for me.

Edit - Fixed for accuracy :D

Mindlog

Wait. What's going on with packages and gifts?
I got a benefactor package. 1/1 Synesthete that's exactly the same as my NL Shadow except worse in every category.

However, I also received a second Focused Light. Huh?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I think it's odd to start one now. Personally, I'm going to do delete my current Warlock and have her reborn on September 15th, to work through the new story structure/gear/level progressions. My three characters were made at Destiny launch, and then at each of the two DLC releases. Looking forward to seeing how it changed.
Doing this as well

Lee

Wait. What's going on with packages and gifts?
I got a benefactor package. 1/1 Synesthete that's exactly the same as my NL Shadow except worse in every category.

However, I also received a second Focused Light. Huh?

Bungie goofed. Patch broke redeemable codes/packages, and in fixing this, Bungie re-sent everyone the packages they've received since the last DLC.

wow, what a world of difference. TLW did not jam one bit. Thanks for the share.

Top of the world edit: LOL, oh google and internet;

qf1zZMK.gif
This is LOL

SnakeEyes

Banned
Our hostel roommate just arrived. She's from New Zealand :p

PS: you'll get wrekt by titan hammers.
Not likely! That Warlock lightning chains between opponents, you'll be killed by your own teammates :D

Also, and I can't remember seeing discussion on it already, but that one Crucible map that has Destiny's version of Man-Cannons from Halo 3? GLORIOUS!

I have no words for this. Vince sums it up entirely :D

I was planning on doing a weapon purge on all my characters and clearing my vault out a bit as well. Is there any reason to wait until TTK releases to do this?

Klyka

Banned
Just got a second Gjallarhorn and a Hard Light from Crota normal!
And it was my first time as swordbearer too! Felt good to kill a god 8)

Thanks for the runs guys! Was great fun!

Lee

I was planning on doing a weapon purge on all my characters and clearing my vault out a bit as well. Is there any reason to wait until TTK releases to do this?

Yes. Something about dismantling guns gives exp/stat boosts to other guns of that type.

Sounds like pure applesauce and jiggery pokery but you should hold off on dismantling all the things until we know more.

Not likely! That Warlock lightning chains between opponents, you'll be killed by your own teammates :D

Also, and I can't remember seeing discussion on it already, but that one Crucible map that has Destiny's version of Man-Cannons from Halo 3? GLORIOUS!

I played that map, it was weird, especially cause it was mayhem. Didn't like the warlock super one bit, it was like a nova bomb with smaller radius and way too long between charge times.

void666

Banned
I think it's odd to start one now. Personally, I'm going to do delete my current Warlock and have her reborn on September 15th, to work through the new story structure/gear/level progressions. My three characters were made at Destiny launch, and then at each of the two DLC releases. Looking forward to seeing how it changed.

Yeah, that's the sane thing to do. But i'm bored. Done everything, have everything minus ghorn. I'll just rush through the story while listening to music and podcasts. And when TTK arrives i'll do it again, but paying more attention.
Also the idea of starting from scratch. I like it. When every new exotic means something.

I wonder what the narrative reason is for going after darkblade. Didn't he lead a group of Hive against Oryx. Shouldn't you be recruiting him? Did I dream this whole story? Who knows...

Klyka

Banned
I wonder what the narrative reason is for going after darkblade. Didn't he lead a group of Hive against Oryx. Shouldn't you be recruiting him? Did I dream this whole story? Who knows...

The narrative reason is "This guy stood against Oryx and survived. If we kill Oryx and leave this guy be, I might use the power vacuum left behind by Oryx and become a threat as big as O.

The narrative reason is "This guy stood against Oryx and survived. If we kill Oryx and leave this guy be, I might use the power vacuum left behind by Oryx and become a threat as big as O.

I suppose. I'm more diabolical though and would use his power and knowledge to defeat Oryx and immediately betray him after killing Oryx because screw the hive.

lol you're welcome Crash

I tried to do a weapon purge about a week ago and I couldn't even get my vault half empty. I'm a hoarder and I need help. :(

Namikaze1

I took the week off work for not only the TTK release, but also because my wife has been bugging the hell out of me to let her tattoo me again and I finally caved.

I think I'll go with this on my right lower leg:

with a cluster of Dragon Balls at the bottom
I'm available all week long but a few days ago, the GF was set up for an appointment that day and I tend to go with her to keep her company. She got her appointment rescheduled for an earlier date, freeing both of us for the 15th. I'll be on the PS4 and she on the Xbox One that day. We're gonna have a race to see who can get one character to 40 first.

Also, how was the pizza? :p

Top Bottom