• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Is It just me or today there have been less requests for groups than usual? I imagine most people will be enjoying vacations far away from the console.

Deku Tree

This is a good question I don't think anyone can answer for sure. VoG isn't completely outside the timeline though, people know and talk about it.

-The Archive mission has Ghost dialogue at the end which references the Vault of Glass. Some information is stored there about VoG, presumably from Dr. Shinn's work. The Cryptarchs learn about it and study it.
-Kabr got out and talked about it. Some of his Grimoire quotes are second-hand from a Hunter named Pahanin who Kabr talked to about VoG after having been there. His fire team being erased by the Gorgons lead to Pahanin developing the Super Good Advice weapon.
-GI article implies that you are recognized in game as the Guardian who conquered VoG and defeated Crota which explains why you are chosen to confront Oryx.

Ultimately I don't think it's outside the timeline, but a unique part of space/time that operates under Vex rules of reality.

The Gorgons are said to only have their ontological power inside VoG. They can decide what is real or not real, but only for things/people that enter VoG. They can't erase the speaker or the Traveller from existence. A major part of the Vex mission is to write themselves into the fabric of all reality, so that they could wield this power everywhere.

This would be sweet, especially if they tied it into the Quest line style of bounties they are talking about for TTK. There isn't a VoG or Vex related vendor/quest-giver right now so who knows how they'd do it but it's definitely a smart option.

Nice lore post! Pretty sure it's Dr. Shim though not that it matters.

hank_tree

When VoG originally released, Luke gave a Kotaku interview where he talked about keeping VoG relevant. They were debating internally how best to continue this great content through the game's lifetime, etc. I think they'll do something, it's too good to abandon completely.

Can't remember where but somewhere around E3 Luke mentioned the possibility of a "monthly heroic raid".

school season is starting in the US

School? In August? Trying not to say "the rest of the world is weird". And here I am, almost alone at the office most days as if the rapture had happened already. By the time things go back tot normal in September I will have to stop playng...

Oh okay cool cool.

I think the question is, if you have both will you get it on both? Or just the first one you login to haha.

I only had 1 red bull code I redeemed, but I left it under my coded to redeem on Bungie so it never went to the postmaster yet. I should have done that already because the new ones probably won't dupe :/

Edit: full now

If you need a third when you're taking someone I'm a vetnoob who's always down for smooth Skolas :p

Bombastico already sent me an invite so I was going to do a run with him and ideally a newbie if we can find one. If nobody offers soon, you could hop in with us if that works.

Spoo

Sure, send me a friend request! PSN is Arrrammis.

Thanks man! I sent a request your way -- I'm reeducator on PSN.

Also thanks for the other information. The only thing I can say for myself is I'm not too bad at the game (good listener, not annoying, good shot, etc). Just that being out of the game for as long as I have, you forget the gotchas. And I didn't ever get to see the 2nd raid, for example.

I visited the reef for the first time today :D Got a cool sidearm weapon, and Bungie sent me yet another 9 coins and a new gun as well. That was nice of them :)

deoee

2 people for Crota needed, at the bridge now not goin well with 4 of us....psn Langoit

OccasionalGenuineFreshwatereel.gif

Listen to this man!

Bombastico already sent me an invite so I was going to do a run with him and ideally a newbie if we can find one. If nobody offers soon, you could hop in with us if that works.

You have sherpa'd me once but i would like to do another run if possible. Its a great fight and i need to fill my cipher (and get another one maybe?).

Is It just me or today there have been less requests for groups than usual? I imagine most people will be enjoying vacations far away from the console.

Nah, it's not just you. But I've been noticing this everywhere even on LFG sites. It's like cutting teeth to get a group for anything. I've been trying to get a Crota kill the last 2-3 days. Got in one group here, that got screwed by horrendous lag and haven't been able to get into anything else since. Anyone killing Crota today?

It's the only thing next to finding the last few golden chests I need for the Moments of Triumph. Deleted my other characters that already had the kill a while back.

Silvard

Does it count if I've only ever done it once on one character? If so then I'd love to get a key and go.

border

I'm sure it's already been mentioned in this thread before, but the new high-level Strike Playlist is going to be............Vanguard Marmoset!! Fuck yes.

Common-Marmoset.jpg

Whenever I get killed by someone using TLW/Thorn, a Shotgun, and a G&H RL in regular Crucible I'm just like, how is that still fun for you? You've probably been doing the same shit for months, how is that exact loadout even fun to use anymore?

AR/FR/MG 4 dayz

GhaleonEB

Guys, i'm leveling another warlock... in another account.
Am i crazy?

I think it's odd to start one now. Personally, I'm going to do delete my current Warlock and have her reborn on September 15th, to work through the new story structure/gear/level progressions. My three characters were made at Destiny launch, and then at each of the two DLC releases. Looking forward to seeing how it changed.

Lnkn52

Mapping crouch to a paddle for slide shotgunning.

I have a few I want to try out. More interested in how the hair triggers will affect things.

Just read this trick for PS users to have hair triggers on any gun:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...a_add_fires_on_a_hair_trigger_to_any_gun_and/

Not sure how well it would work but I wish we could try it on the Xbox One.

wow, what a world of difference. TLW did not jam one bit. Thanks for the share.

Top of the world edit: LOL, oh google and internet;

qf1zZMK.gif

Top Bottom