• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

ocean

Banned
What are these Year 1 Triumphs I keep hearing about?

Also my buddy that bought a PS4 from Amazon got it yesterday and his L2 was broken on the controller and missing his mono mic so Amazon is going I replace the whole thing for him.
There is a shader and an emblem which will be given to Year 1 players who completed all of the Triumphs set by Bungie.

- Reach max level on a character
- Complete the Vanilla, TDB, and HoW story arcs
- Beat Hard Atheon, Hard Crota and Skolas
- 100 wins in Crucible
- 50 Public Events
- Open all 20 Golden Chests on patrol

Lol you guys stomped them - the other two guys went 0.27 and 0.08! Daryl going full beast mode.

Nah the guy probably passed the controller to a friend or something lol

--

Though it seems like the scrubs come out to play on weekday mornings. Having decent skirmish matches right now.

Mupod

My goal since returning has been to get the year one stuff, not because I care about the emblem/shader (I won't even use them) but because I pre-ordered these damn expansions and got nothing out of them. So my plan is to see everything.

I just need the hard mode raids and I think I've got plenty of time. I might need to re-learn VoG since it was a long time ago I did normal and people just cheesed it with exploits back then.

Razorskin

----- ------
Are you prepared to level from scratch?

If you go ps3 > ps4 you get to keep your existing characters.

Going PS->XB means restarting all your progress. If there's ever a not-insane time to do that, it'll be when Taken King launches. There will be that character level boost, plus a generally renewed interest so finding new friends to play with will be easier. Things are super slow now and even regulars can have a hard time grouping up.

The lull is real, but it'll be over soon :)

I stopped playing a little while after the Vault of Glass opened.

My character: https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018433799621/2305843009216330954

I dont have THAT much to lose.

Shito

There is a shader and an emblem which will be given to Year 1 players who completed all of the Triumphs set by Bungie.
Is there a shader tied to the triumph thing?
I don't think I've ever heard about that, and the triumph page on bungie.net is only telling me I've earned the emblem, and nothing more.

noomi

Hehe, not even going to lie... I spent HOURS at the loot cave. All them engrams that turned out to be poop :(

I stopped playing a little while after the Vault of Glass opened.

My character: https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018433799621/2305843009216330954

I dont have THAT much to lose.

Oh yeah... you should be fine in that case :)

Also, when TTK releases you will get an instant character boost as well that will put you right where you need to be for the new content.

Is there a shader tied to the triumph thing?
I don't think I've ever heard about that, and the triumph page on bungie.net is only telling me I've earned the emblem, and nothing more.

The only shader mentioned should be the VIP shader (for year 1 guardian) and the one from pre-ordering CE of TTK.

Tjamato88

Quick! Edit in a gif or something!

Go to Bungie > profile > triumph

It's a special something for Y1 people who finished certain challenges.
Thanks! Those don't look too hard.

Hopefully I can do them all. The public events one will be the most challenging I think.

ocean

Banned
Silly me, I was mixing the Triumphs and the VIP rewards. My bad.

Just an emblem for Triumphs is correct :)

and the surprise triumph shader. I'm making this up but let it be true.

deoee

CMSgeplUYAA6l5j.jpg:orig

Hmmm? :D

noomi

Mostly because of how grossly OP it was originally. They fixed that, and it wasn't used nearly as much. The most recent nerf wasn't needed though.

It is a shadow of its former self :(

Went 15-5 and won with my team in Skirmish. Some guy who went negative on the other team found a Hawkmoon. Meh.

RNG works in mysterious ways.

I always like to think that the game gives bad players the good loot to make them better :p

Verizon recently upgraded my internet for free and threw in a new Quantum Gateway router. I hooked it up yesterday and holy shit the difference is night and day.

Ew1tj6E.jpg
A8LX4Oo.jpg

Remote play on a PSTV is just like the real deal. No more lag and disconnects.

E92 M3

Mostly because of how grossly OP it was originally. They fixed that, and it wasn't used nearly as much. The most recent nerf wasn't needed though.

It was a beautiful weapon and if PVP and PVE was separate we would still have it. :(

I'm only expecting "See you on Twitch next week, Space Cowboys." in today's update.

I hope not, but always expect something like that lol.

ocean

Banned
They cut the ammo, reduced impact, cut the range, increased the spread making crits harder...it's a shadow of its former self.

Lnkn52

Verizon recently upgraded my internet for free and threw in a new Quantum Gateway router. I hooked it up yesterday and holy shit the difference is night and day.

Ew1tj6E.jpg
A8LX4Oo.jpg

So you still weren't getting lag free remote play with your previous connection?

noomi

Ew1tj6E.jpg
A8LX4Oo.jpg

Nice, Comcast is also supposed to be doing a free internet speed boost in my area at some point this summer.

Going from 100MBps to 150MBps

*edit*

Hey look I'm on top again, let me promote mah video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd3KhRmMWjs

Top Bottom