• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

E92 M3

Sounds about right, wasn't negative but was definitely on the bottom.

Capture.png

Wasn't that your second Gjallarhorn from Crucible as well, lol?

Tecnniqe

Banned

NorseFenrir said:
Come, gather around the campfire and hear our tales of a time long ago...
MisterWoodhouse said:
In the beginning, there was nothing and out of that nothingness came the Hive from their Loot Cave in the Skywatch. The Guardians of the Last City ventured to Old Russia to stem the tide of the Hive invasion from this magical cave and the millions of Hive they killed yielded loot. Eventually, the Hive overlords cut the dimensional link to this cave, their secret entrance into our world having been discovered, but not before leaving a monument to their defeat.
NorseFenrir said:
Thank you, Brother Woodhouse, for sharing that tale of a wondrous bygone age.

Be warned, Guardians. Many go in search of another fabled Loot Cave to replace that which was lost, but rarely are they satisfied...

We must never forget our hubris, for it was our own downfall. For we did not play the game as the great Lord Bun-Gie intended, and lo, we were punished duly.
Ahahah
I had no idea :|
So what are we expecting from the Weekly Update that we haven't already been given in the GameInformer info blast?
Vault space

Can't stop fretting about needing duplicate exotics to level up our current ones. I got 2 extra Hawkmoons over the weekend and I sharded them both. This means another one won't drop for another year. I hope to Christ Almighty they hurry up and explain.

E92 M3

Can't stop fretting about needing duplicate exotics to level up our current ones. I got 2 extra Hawkmoons over the weekend and I sharded them both. This means another one won't drop for another year. I hope to Christ Almighty they hurry up and explain.

I don't think this has been explained fully yet, we shouldn't fret.

noomi

So what are we expecting from the Weekly Update that we haven't already been given in the GameInformer info blast?

I'm almost certain that they will announce a twitch reveal schedule for TTK, maybe a weekly show leading up to the release?

I really want them to talk about vault space and whats happening in the tower....

Hahah.

I really need Drizz's gamertag now. :p

Lol if by gamer tag you meant XBox then unfortunately I'm PS4. My PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Skolas for Triumph? :-/

If you still want to do it, I could probably help another run in a little bit if we have a 3rd.

The previews from the TTK seem interesting. I'll be waiting for your opinion guys before deciding to buy it or not.

Come back Dhruv! We need the triumphant return of Darth Penguin.

You don't need them. I assume it will just be a large XP bump by sacrificing one weapon for another. You should still be able to level them up the traditional way. And it wouldn't need to be the same exact weapon. It may need to be the same quality though... we'll hopefully find out soon.

I'm a bit concerned about the exotic upgrade situation. I feel like they would have given some info by now if wasn't that going to be something upsetting. Duplicates sounds too ridiculous to be the route they take though.

I'm holding out on using shards to upgrade most of my exotics until we get some answers.

deoee

Lol if by gamer tag you meant XBox then unfortunately I'm PS4. My PSN is DrDrizzay101.

If you still want to do it, I could probably help another run in a little bit if we have a 3rd.

Come back Dhruv! We need the triumphant return of Darth Penguin.

I'm just 33 tho, that's the biggest problem :V

E92 M3

I'm almost certain that they will announce a twitch reveal schedule for TTK, maybe a weekly show leading up to the release?

I really want them to talk about vault space and whats happening in the tower....

I'd like them to talk about the weapon transitions - it's a very hot topic right now.

KxoZz

Given there are only 4 Thursdays left until TTK drops - excluding today - I think they will announce the twitch reveal dates, the first of which will be this coming Tuesday.

Haha. Yup. I have a feeling a lot of the changes are going to equate to a worse grind somehow. I personally wish they had done away with all the light stuff completely. I will remain optimistic and hope for the best, but I am now holding on to even more weapons I don't have room for.

With just over 4 weeks left they need those twitch streams asap. Im expecting 3 with nithing the week before ttk.

deoee

Yeah, I get that. I was just wondering what you need to get yourself to level 34.

Oh oh.. ok. I just hit lvl 33 a few days ago. Got a bunch of armor I can upgrade but seriously, I myself do not know exactly what or how much I need to "ascend" :D

I'm just 33 tho, that's the biggest problem :V

Ah, ok. Once you get to 34 let me know and we can do Skolas then, there's still a month left so plenty of time. Being Lv34 is the only requirement I make, although having a mic is super strongly recommended for newbies. I've done runs where people didn't have a mic but it's not ideal.

ocean

Banned
Weekly Update? Fluff.

The Twitch streams might be more revealing. Some things I'd like to have cleared up:

1. Legendary Marks. What's the new max cap? What's the weekly cap? And though it seems obvious, with Bungie you can never be sure: will my 200 C + 200 V Marks automatically be 400 L Marks or will I lose some in the conversion? Or maybe a clean slate? (God no)
2. Armor Material: GI said there was a place you could go to trade one for another. Is it 1:1?
3. Exotic upgrades: how.
4. Vault space: time to cut down on the mystery and just tell us what the solution will be, even if it's disappointing it'll just be worse if it takes is by surprise.
5. Explain in further detail how Light will work. We've heard what it won't be (your Level determinant) and what it strives to do (increase your power), but it'd be nice if they explained what the scale is so we can interpret the quality of items as soon as we start getting them.

I don't want any story spoilers or to know about the mechanics in the Raid or Strikes, but I feel for once they should be totally clear and transparent on the game's systems before changing them.

Vault space - "Sort of" according to Luke. Probably just what moving emblems and shaders out gives us.

I've always assumed, maybe wrongly, that it's the preview functionality that limits the vault? i.e. when you hit...right trigger? to compare current weapon stats to whatever you're hovering over. I assume it has to load all of those into memory so that they can be displayed instantly so for 35 weapons you have to load in 35 sets of stats and pics.

moving emblems/shaders won't help this that much I don't think.

Thinking about it I'm sure they gave this as an explanation when they were doing the last vault update.

There have been lots of good ideas over the motnhs of what they could do...unfortunately we don't really know how all the systems work so we don't know what the bottlenecks are and therefore which of the good ideas would overcome them.

ocean

Banned
I've always assumed, maybe wrongly, that it's the preview functionality that limits the vault? i.e. when you hit...right trigger? to compare current weapon stats to whatever you're hovering over. I assume it has to load all of those into memory so that they can be displayed instantly so for 35 weapons you have to load in 35 sets of stats and pics.

moving emblems/shaders won't help this that much I don't think.

Thinking about it I'm sure they gave this as an explanation when they were doing the last vault update.

There have been lots of good ideas over the motnhs of what they could do...unfortunately we don't really know how all the systems work so we don't know what the bottlenecks are and therefore which of the good ideas would overcome them.
If the problem is memory management when loading all the items in the vault at once, we can't get a bigger vault.

I've been saying for months: give us more vaults instead. Memory issue averted. There's multiple kiosks at the Tower. Instead of them all opening the Vault, they should be Vault 1 2 etc or a Weapons Vault and an Armor one.

I hope they give us something useful in this regard.

4. Vault space: time to cut down on the mystery and just tell us what the solution will be, even if it's disappointing it'll just be worse if it takes is by surprise.
I'm setting my expectations low and assuming that moving shaders and emblems to a kiosk is their definition of 'somewhat' addressing vault space.

Other things they could do are increase the cap on destination mats (200 is stupid low) or move more currencies like MoL, Etheric Light, etc outside the inventory similar to glimmer and marks. I hope this will be the case for the new Legendary materials. It would also be nice if more of these were shared across all characters like glimmer.

Haha. Yup. I have a feeling a lot of the changes are going to equate to a worse grind somehow. I personally wish they had done away with all the light stuff completely. I will remain optimistic and hope for the best, but I am now holding on to even more weapons I don't have room for.

Light is basically gearscore now, so it doesn't have the severe -32% damage penalty for being underlevelled. It just means you take more damage. I'm not too worried about it.

What does cheer me is DeeJ saying flat out in the IGN Fireteam Chat, "What we hear most from players is: 'Respect my time.'" I think that's a really important sentiment to have for any loot game, but also for Destiny that has been grindier than most. It seems like TK will have lots of less grind and more time sinks. Like rather than forcing you to run Dragon strikes over and over, here's an exotic that's in 50 pieces, go find it. Here's a whole new end-game called The Taken War. Marmoset Strikes now have rotating encounters and VO. House of Wolves already had much less grind, they removed armor upgrade pips and reduced XP requirements. They learned their lessen with Xur upgrading random exotics and removed it. I hope they capitalize on all that.

Deku Tree

Can someone tell me why we have more primary kills than actual total kills in this mission complete screen?

Also, Urk promised on Twitter at the end of last week that "We have plans to unpack 2.0 over the next few days and weeks. Chat more soon!" And no info yet. Hopefully we get some unpacking in the weekly update.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So what can I do with Motes of Light, Ascendant Shards and Ascendant Energy?

And the Passage Coins are just good for Trial right?

Motes of Light can be traded in to the Speaker for Legendary-level Emblems and Class Items; and can also be traded for Exotic armor engrams from Xur. They will be able to be traded in to Lord Saladin for weapon re-forging in an upcoming Iron Banner event.

Ascendant Shards are a legendary material in Destiny. They are used to upgrade Legendary gear.

Ascendant Energy is a legendary material in Destiny. It is used to upgrade legendary weapons.

And yes.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Is anybody interested in starting a raiding group at around 10 am PST with my friend and I on PS4 (That's about 3 hours from now).

I had so much fun with DGAF last week that I want to try to get hard modes done for the first time ever.

So what can I do with Motes of Light, Ascendant Shards and Ascendant Energy?

And the Passage Coins are just good for Trial right?

Tecnniqe has you covered, I just wanted to add that Motes can also be used anytime to re-roll the perks and elemental damage of many HoW legendary weapons at the Gunsmith in the Tower. Some weapons are excluded, like Trials and Prison of Elders, but most can be re-rolled and so can any old Iron Banner weapons. Rolling requires 1 Mote, 3 Weapon Parts, and 250 glimmer.

Ascendant materials are also only needed for pre-HoW stuff, they are kinda phasing them out. And all of these currencies can be exchanged at the Speaker for glimmer, or converted between each other.

Light is basically gearscore now, so it doesn't have the severe -32% damage penalty for being underlevelled. It just means you take more damage. I'm not too worried about it.

What does cheer me is DeeJ saying flat out in the IGN Fireteam Chat, "What we hear most from players is: 'Respect my time.'" I think that's a really important sentiment to have for any loot game, but also for Destiny that has been grindier than most. It seems like TK will have lots of less grind and more time sinks. Like rather than forcing you to run Dragon strikes over and over, here's an exotic that's in 50 pieces, go find it. Here's a whole new end-game called The Taken War. Marmoset Strikes now have rotating encounters and VO. House of Wolves already had much less grind, they removed armor upgrade pips and reduced XP requirements. They learned their lessen with Xur upgrading random exotics and removed it. I hope they capitalize on all that.

I'm 50/50 on this. One, because I kind of loathe collecting mission type stuff. Two, it will become a moot quest once the community finds it.

HoW was refreshing and did a lot of things right in terms of the grind. Like I said, I will remain optimistic and hopeful. I know I sound like a sourpuss, but I really am enthusiastic about TTK. Bring on the raid!

Can someone tell me why we have more primary kills than actual total kills in this mission complete screen?

Also, Urk promised on Twitter at the end of last week that "We have plans to unpack 2.0 over the next few days and weeks. Chat more soon!" And no info yet. Hopefully we get some unpacking in the weekly update.

I'm sure the Weekly update will announce a Twitch schedule for the coming weeks.

Also, the bottom listing is points towards your grimoire, and thus counts primary kills where you stood close enough to a friendly to get credit for their primary kill.

ERMint13

What action do you take when you get a hate message from PvP? Do you guys ignore, engage, or just report them to Sony?

I enjoy the ones that accuse me of lag switching(only gotten 2 though since day 1) when everyone went redbar for the whole match(I'm always green unless all players basically go red bar). We all had terrible connections and we all saw players jumping around.

noomi

What action do you take when you get a hate message from PvP? Do you guys ignore, engage, or just report them to Sony?

I enjoy the ones that accuse me of lag switching(only gotten 2 though since day 1) when everyone went redbar for the whole match(I'm always green unless all players basically go red bar). We all had terrible connections and we all saw players jumping around.

I just lol on the inside, and then post the message to gaf for everyone to enjoy :)

Top Bottom