• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is it me, or I'm hearing those quotes from Bro Science everywhere ?

I dont know what your talking about
XOyoAF.gif

PuMa

What action do you take when you get a hate message from PvP? Do you guys ignore, engage, or just report them to Sony?

I enjoy the ones that accuse me of lag switching(only gotten 2 though since day 1) when everyone went redbar for the whole match(I'm always green unless all players basically go red bar). We all had terrible connections and we all saw players jumping around.

Never engage! It's a trap! Just block/report and move on.

What action do you take when you get a hate message from PvP? Do you guys ignore, engage, or just report them to Sony?

I enjoy the ones that accuse me of lag switching(only gotten 2 though since day 1) when everyone went redbar for the whole match(I'm always green unless all players basically go red bar). We all had terrible connections and we all saw players jumping around.

I do enjoy ones that accuse me of cheating. I pretty much always ignore them though.

Two simple letters: GG

XenoRaven

If they give me enough material for a good comeback I will send a message back. Otherwise I ignore it.

^What about GG CC? Better than GG CoC...

All right, GAF, tell me once again: Is it a good week for Skolas?

Yes, it's a good week (Angry + Catapult) although next week should be the easiest modifiers (Juggler + Brawler). Last week (Small Arms + Lightswitch) is the only one worth avoiding if you're worried about it.

Shito

I always ignore hate messages: not worth the hassle answering them.
I only report people that have a toxic attitude in the game, even though it's not too common, and even though I suspect it's completely useless. ^^

Best "this guy is crazy haha" moment I had was when playing Persona 4 Arena online: I was casually playing against a guy in a lobby, with the game's sound very low and some cool music on the side, when after several matches I started distinguishing some French swears coming from the tv. I instantly stopped my music and discovered that guy I was playing against was raging SO HARD, insulting me and my family in his mic, probably thinking I was not French and couldn't understand him. I played several matches after that, laughing at how mad he was becoming while I kept beating him (I'm only so-so at fighting games, and that guy was pretty bad ^^). After a while it became a bit boring so I kicked him out of the room, and for the next twenty minutes or so he kept trying to join back before I kicked him again, creating an hilarious sequence of "son of a bi--"... "I swear if you kick me ag--"... "YOU MOTHERFU--"... "-ND YOUR WHOLE FAMIL-", etc etc.
Online games. <3

here's a random question...curious what GAF thinks.

Will Ghost editions of destiny become more, or less valuable now that the person who voices the ghost has been replaced?

I think the ghost replica has about 4 or 5 phrases voiced by Peter Dinklage. I kind of enjoy turning it on now and then and hearing them, these aren't voice clips found in the game.

total disclosure - my reason for asking is that I'm sitting on two of them and hope to sell one day when they become truly valuable.

Lee

Will Ghost editions of destiny become more, or less valuable now that the person who voices the ghost has been replaced?

Looks like sealed, brand new are going for 250-300 now on eBay, and just the ghost is going for 120-150. I don't imagine people will be willing to spend much more than that, but collectors are crazy so maybe hold out.

I would sell now if I had any, while TTK hype has people interested in the game again and a lot of people are looking to come back/start fresh.

All right, GAF, tell me once again: Is it a good week for Skolas?

I finally did it again this week after swearing him off before the nerf patch. We tried last week and got annoyed because of Lightswitch, but this week's modifiers are fine.

Go for it, you can totally get him down this week.

phen0m24

^What about GG CC? Better than GG CoC...

The day Drizzy that someone thinks I'M cheating in PvP would be sort of like Halley's Comet. I would automatically assume they clicked on the wrong team member, and then wait 86 years for it to happen again.

;)

Maybe I'll go after Skolas this week on XB1 for the first time because why not?

Did you guys raid? I got on after 9 and you weren't on. :( would try Skolas but want to hit 34 first

GlamFM

Banned
Never tried Skolas, probably should.

Is it hard or does GAF have it down and it´ll be super easy when two of you help me?

Namikaze1

I only responded back to one message. It was this guy from some clan who chose to send me, out of all the gaffers in the team, a message. Can't remember what it said. It was back in June. It was a full team of gaffers against randoms in Clash. People were leaving left and right in that match. We ended up winning by nearly 14k.

My reply: "scrub"

And then I blocked him. Didn't worked since he had his clanmate send a reply. I just blocked them.

Who is he?. What did he do?
You don't know the story? I'm surprised some don't know the story after Todd and I complained about him.

Okay, so during the last Iron Banner, Todd, myself, and 4 other gaffers did some matches. We dominated most of them.

We end up facing this jerk, two of his friends, and randoms. We're on Twilight Gap and no one was lagging. That is until this fucker comes to our side (Bravo) and is somehow taking C when I'm standing right there. Todd and one other gaffer are attacking right across near Bravo Heavy. C is being taken by some invisible force cause I don't see anyone there. Todd and the gaffer dies by the same guy and this fucker appears right next to me. I somehow survived that encounter. As soon as he dies, C resets back to our control.

About two minutes after that, we push for B point. He's there, waiting. He fucking tanked an entire Matador clip from me, whatever shotgun Todd was using, and a few rounds from another gaffer.

Moving on, we have both C and B in our possession so we try for A. He was waiting for us. We took A but three of us died from him and the enemy took C so those of us alive chose to leave A for that asshole and head back for C.

Sushi sends that guy a message afterwards and the guy replies back, saying he's in china playing on American servers.

I decided to look up his tag to see if he got banned when Bungie started handing out bans left and right. I figured with everyone reporting him, he must have gotten banned. I learned that hee didn't unfortunately and that he ain't from freaking China

The day Drizzy that someone thinks I'M cheating in PvP would be sort of like Halley's Comet. I would automatically assume they clicked on the wrong team member, and then wait 86 years for it to happen again.

;)

Did you guys raid? I got on after 9 and you weren't on. :( would try Skolas but want to hit 34 first

Yea some of the VoG Hard crew wasn't on yet at about 930 EST so we started off with Crota. Well, we didn't have a DS checkpoint so it took a little longer than expected. Ran 1x Full and 2x more DS to Crota. Plus I scrubbed it up hard with my non-Hunter swordskills. Saved the Hunter for last and took 1 attempt. Easy peasy.

Shito

Never tried Skolas, probably should.

Is it hard or does GAF have it down and it´ll be super easy when two of you help me?
Ruthles helped hedera and me some weeks ago, on those same modifiers as this week.
It was super fun, not that hard, and really a great fight to experience.
Now the road to get there (the first 5 rounds before Skolas) are really boring and long, so I don't really have a urge to try it again anytime soon, but the Skolas fight in itself, when it has some cool modifiers like this week, is up there with Atheon and the Templar as the best encounters in the game.

E92 M3

i think it wil be better if you wait until TTK to go in to that unbalance pile of shit that it is right now.

Crucible is actually a lot of fun. And yes, shotguns can be very annoying, but overall it's good stuff. There is also a big skill gap between poor players and amazing ones. So, lots of room for improvement.

GlamFM

Banned
Ruthles helped hedera and me some weeks ago, on those same modifiers as this week.
It was super fun, not that hard, and really a great fight to experience.
Now the road to get there (the first 5 rounds before Skolas) are really boring and long, so I don't really have a urge to try it again anytime soon, but the Skolas fight in itself, when it has some cool modifiers like this week, is up there with Atheon and the Templar as the best encounters in the game.

Nice! I should try it.

So I made a decision to only play pvp (and bounties) on destiny until TTK. I wanna git gud &#128553;

I'm not gitting gud in that clusterfuck of long range shotguns and thorns, nope.

There is more to PvP than just long range shotguns.

I play PvP like it's psychological warfare.

I'll be streaming in about an hour with some skirmish games, maybe elimination. I've been trying to narrate why I do what I do to help people get better.

Feel free to check it out later.

quest.redbull.com or something, they give bungie code

YES Level 4 and not a single story mission done :| God leveling is so fin boring in this game

thanks, it took me to bungie.net, then I click claim, and nothing happens?

edit: nmv, my computer was just being stupid

Nuszka

Will be back tonight for the crucible, playing with randoms is not much fun. Even my gaming habits have changed since destiny, i sort of need to talk to people while i play, thanks to that i have more fun. To think just over a year ago i was a shy mic man.

So on XBox, I just had 1 character left (Titan) at L32 and the rest @ L34. I haven't had a reason to use 2x Etheric Lights to get her up to L34, especially since she doesn't have my ideal int/disc/str distribution. Well last night, for max efficiency, I decided to take the plunge anyways.

"Your Titan is Ready" - Titanfall voice.

Definitely going to do Trials with her now.

Top Bottom