• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Big thanks to Zoso Achilles for helping with skolas last night!

Nice work! How was it?

Is it weird I have had this game since launch and only have one character? I just haven't felt motivated to make a new one to go through this game again

Not really. Most of my IRL friends (3 out of 4) had 1 character. They made an alt or 2 to "store" as extra vault space and potentially using but they never did. They actually quit a few weeks before TDB came out. 1 of those 3 has played TDB and HoW for 2 weeks and then stopped. Only 1/4 played TDB and HoW even though they all had the season pass, heh. They did not want to go through the grind from 1-20 again either. Plus back then, even going from 20-30 was a huge huge grind.

Now it's way way less grindier for you alts. PvP can take you from Level 2-20 in 4-5 hours. If you enjoy PvP then levelling an alt is not bad at all. Especially since from 20+, not only do you have help from your main for Strange Coins and Armor Cores (if you play PoE 32 or 35), but PvP Gear drops with Light is pretty much perfect. It's fairly generous.

E92 M3

Is it weird I have had this game since launch and only have one character? I just haven't felt motivated to make a new one to go through this game again

In TTK they will give a free buff to level up another character automatically.

j-j-jameson-laughxss4n.gif

Say what you will, but I enjoy PVP. It reminds me of the addictive nature of MW2 and COD4. Not perfect, but a lot of fun.

Daemul

According to someone on r/CruciblePlaybook Gameinformer is finally focusing on the best part of the game and is releasing a huge article on Crucible today.

giphy.gif

Bout damn time, the Taken King PvE stuff wasn't doing anything for me.

Nope, I had one character for the longest time until I was forced to create two others due to max level only be restricted to raids and raid gear being a bitch to get, now that reaching max level is easy I've deleted all my alts except my OG TItan out of nostalgia, and I'm completely focused on my Hunter and only my Hunter.

Maybe I'll go after Skolas this week on XB1 for the first time because why not?

I might get on later (4-5 hours from now) and would be up for that if you need one more. I've only done it once but didn't wipe (due to the other players being awesome!). Ideally I'd bring a warlock to get the elder cipher points but can bring a defender titan or invisi hunter if needed.

Can't be definite yet though so don't hold out for me if you have 3 already...sorry.

Edit - nice work on the 6 34's...my mind boggles!

Axoman

Nice work! How was it?

Not bad, took us just under an hour start to finish. It was only my second attempt at trying Skolas.

When I first tried a few weeks ago, me and my friends just kept failing at the second mine phase and had to call it quits after repeated attempts.

Last night was very smooth. I'll gladly help others with Skolas that need it.

When I got on, I saw you already had a full team in the Crota raid, so Achilles and I did Skolas. You guys were still on Crota after we finished!

I'm still up for any VoG if you need people and the timing works out.

Akai XIII

So on XBox, I just had 1 character left (Titan) at L32 and the rest @ L34. I haven't had a reason to use 2x Etheric Lights to get her up to L34, especially since she doesn't have my ideal int/disc/str distribution. Well last night, for max efficiency, I decided to take the plunge anyways.

KDqVtR6.png

"Your Titan is Ready" - Titanfall voice.

Definitely going to do Trials with her now.
Add me! Akai XIII

I'm only 32 with one character on the Xbone, but if you need one for trails send me an invite.

Still need to do the NF and PoE32 on the Bone if anyone is up for that.

I might get on later (4-5 hours from now) and would be up for that if you need one more. I've only done it once but didn't wipe (due to the other players being awesome!). Ideally I'd bring a warlock to get the elder cipher points but can bring a defender titan or invisi hunter if needed.

Can't be definite yet though so don't hold out for me if you have 3 already...sorry.

Edit - nice work on the 6 34's...my mind boggles!

Sounds good! I'll definitely be down for a run if people are interested. I will either bring my Warlock or Hunter because they have the subclasses needed to help. My Titan only has Armor of Light right now haha. And it'll depend what the 3rd person will bring as well. Thanks! PvP makes the grind a lot more bearable. You easily get up there the fastest with PvP.

Not bad, took us just under an hour start to finish. It was only my second attempt at trying Skolas.

When I first tried a few weeks ago, me and my friends just kept failing at the second mine phase and had to call it quits after repeated attempts.

Last night was very smooth. I'll gladly help others with Skolas that need it.

When I got on, I saw you already had a full team in the Crota raid, so Achilles and I did Skolas. You guys were still on Crota after we finished!

I'm still up for any VoG if you need people and the timing works out.

Hahaha yea we ran 1 full run and then 3x total DS to Crota. Crota gave me a hard time with my Warlock and Titan since I mainly did it as a Hunter. But yea glad you enjoyed it! I'll definitely be down to run Skolas or VoG as well.

Amsterdam with EJROBINSON and No0blet.

0bxRQ7d.jpg

Nice!!! That's awesome

Add me! Akai XIII

I'm only 32 with one character on the Xbone, but if you need one for trails send me an invite.

Still need to do the NF and PoE32 on the Bone if anyone is up for that.

Will do!

Nuszka

Yes!!! When i go on my vacation i will spam this thread with pics, especially because its the week before the expansion so the waiting time will drag for everyone who is not in a similar situation than i will be!!!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm not gitting gud in that clusterfuck of long range shotguns and thorns, nope.
ive got a thorn I'm half the way there.

i think it wil be better if you wait until TTK to go in to that unbalance pile of shit that it is right now.
but my friends destroy I just want to be consistent across pve and pvp.

Best way to git gud is to find a way to have a red bar. You're untouchable then.
lol I should switch my ps4 back to wifi then.

i was not uncommon back in the day to only have one character. then when people realized that VOG was super stingy on raid gear, we decided to create alts of the same class just for more chances at raid gear. then when late level gear actually became more obtainable in TDB, those alts got deleted and became different classes. Now, most players have one of every class. With HoW the game doesn't force this on you anymore. but having one of each class is way too much fun not to have

The taken king is going to be a nightmare with this. as it seems they are going to have so much to do and you'll have to do it 3 times. its going to be nearly impossible to do everything each week.

Kyoufu

In TTK they will give a free buff to level up another character automatically.

Say what you will, but I enjoy PVP. It reminds me of the addictive nature of MW2 and COD4. Not perfect, but a lot of fun.

Vanilla Destiny was COD4.

Current Destiny is MW2.

Phaethon only posts when someone mentions waffles and/or wings...

and Hopscotch.

still salivating from the cheesesteaks from yesterday. Once had a blue cheese steak sandwich.
Sub style, marinated strip steak with caramelized onions, garlic roasted Roma tomatoes, and blue cheese. one of the best sandwiches ive ever had.

sorry bout the off topic, just had to post my sandwich bliss

Yea I need to be more productive at work. My motivation has gone to the crapper with all that's going on with me.

As a matter of fact, I'm still not at work right now when I should be. It has nothing to do with Destiny either.

I'll predict the weekly update (different than GI info today?) will be at like 2pm CST so I'll try to go to work and be productive in the meantime. The anxiety/suspense yesterday just about did me in haha.

still salivating from the cheesesteaks from yesterday. Once had a blue cheese steak sandwich.
Sub style, marinated strip steak with caramelized onions, garlic roasted Roma tomatoes, and blue cheese. one of the best sandwiches ive ever had.

sorry bout the off topic, just had to post my sandwich bliss

Well with the talk of Phillys yesterday and this, I know where I'm going for lunch. Pepperjax

Sounds good! I'll definitely be down for a run if people are interested. I will either bring my Warlock or Hunter because they have the subclasses needed to help. My Titan only has Armor of Light right now haha. And it'll depend what the 3rd person will bring as well.

Ok look out for me later :)

Phaethon only posts when someone mentions waffles and/or wings...

and Hopscotch.

Who doesn't love wings? Look, DGAF, I know the flavor is in the bone, but I can go to town on some boneless and bluecheese.

Hopscotch talk - in case you missed it - I got another Mida last night doing 28 Dragon. A freaking exotic. I've seen the HP drop twice for randoms. The only good to come of that grind last night was listening to Chvrches.

I've always appreciated Eneloops but now more than ever, they're one of my most appreciated things. I notice a fairly significant dip in xbox 1 controller battery life when the headset is attached to it.

I've charged probably 8 sets of AA in the past month.

I've always appreciated Eneloops but now more than ever, they're one of my most appreciated things. I notice a fairly significant dip in xbox 1 controller battery life when the headset is attached to it.

I've charged probably 8 sets of AA in the past month.

just dont make the mistake i made and leave them in the charger when youre done. It'll completely drain the batteries!

stb

- Great TTK info post, Kor. The discussion in that thread has even managed to stay mostly civil/coherent through 2 pages.

- My theory for the vault space is that since they're removing shaders and emblems as "items", they're going to unify all the vault space. So no NEW space, but the space that was previously empty under armor, and whatever space shaders/emblems occupied is now going to be available for weapons. I have no information to support this, it just seems logical given the known memory issue, and in the context of the changes to shaders/emblems.

Top Bottom