• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

does anyone know where that one emblem that triplewreck has comes from. the blue one with the orange seal?
its called union of light

That was available exclusively from E3, not sure which year. It's not available anymore. You can use the command !emblem in his chat which describes it.

- My theory for the vault space is that since they're removing shaders and emblems as "items", they're going to unify all the vault space. So no NEW space, but the space that was previously empty under armor, and whatever space shaders/emblems occupied is now going to be available for weapons. I have no information to support this, it just seems logical given the known memory issue, and in the context of the changes to shaders/emblems.

My speculation is that they are out of memory or some other limit imposed by previous gen consoles. And they are going to fix this by having a larger vault that is web / phone app accessible that you can transfer to and from but cannot see in game. Just a wild guess, though.

Neo Geo

Neo Member
What's the better Titan subclass? I went with Defender since it's the one I see talked about most.

I'd say it depends. Fo endgame PVE content, you need a fully leveled defender.
For PVP, I'd go with a striker every time. That might change with coming modes though.

i mean leaving them in the charger after theyre done charging and throwing them into a drawer or something. If you leave them in there while the charger is unplugged it'll drain the batteries.

Ahh that's good to know! I usually do leave them in the charger once they're done charging until I need them -_-

Haven't tried those, but they're not "the big two" lol. Let me know! So far, my favorite cheesesteak has been from a little place near my house. Absolutely delicious and they make their own bread as well.

Anyways, I'm ready for some sword action in TTK!

I'm guessing Geno's and Pat's? I'm sure it's better than the chains around my area though but the previous 2 I mentioned I definitely want to visit. Hmm Niners don't play the Eagles this year so I'll have to find another reason to go there. Oh December 6th they play @ Chicago. I might make that work then. Assuming it isn't snowing in the Midwest and east at that time

My Warlock don't need no jacket in the Reef lol:

20351540888_29949bdffe_z.jpg

That always happens when I'm wearing my Trials chest piece. Luckily I'm not the only one who this happens too.

Sweet, picked up a High Road Soldier from PoE28! Rolled it a few times to have Full Auto, Smallbore & Outlaw.

Would have rather had Firefly over Outlaw, but I'm way low on weapon parts. Looking forward to going HAM in the crucible.

What's the better Titan subclass? I went with Defender since it's the one I see talked about most.

Defender is the best PvE subclass in the game, by far. Definitely prioritize that unless you exclusively play PvP where Striker is better. Imo both Warlock and Hunter subclasses are better in PvP than Striker. Not very many PvP'ers can excel with Titan.

Yeah, that sounds good. I'm free all day. Appreciate the help. Just send me a message - RetroMG. I should be on your list.

Sounds good, I'll shoot you a PSN message when I get online. I'll bring my Titan.

Silvard

A HUGE thanks to you two for the help on the POE! ^^
It was pretty tense at times but thankfully we all managed to pull through!

Sorry that you didn't get the key in the end Silvard, I'm sure that you'll be able to get one soon though. It turns out I did get the elder cipher... I just wasn't able to see it since my bounty's were full.

One step closer to the lord of wolves and 1 more step to go to finish the triumphs!

PS4?
Still need someone?

Any time, that was an exciting experience. Hopefully I'll have a key for next time!

Tjamato88

I'd say it depends. Fo endgame PVE content, you need a fully leveled defender.
For PVP, I'd go with a striker every time. That might change with coming modes though.
Cool thanks everyone!

I want to use this guy for mostly PVE stuff so Defender seems perfect.

I'm assuming that Bladedancer is better for PVP and Gunslinger is better for PVE?

With just over 4 weeks left we are damn close to hitting ot 30 before ttk. Thats an average of a new ot wvery 2 weeks,

I have no idea how this OT compares to the previous OTs, but I have seen a lot more interest in endgame content in the past few weeks. I got the game in December and have never seen this much collective excitement for the game. I missed out on Normal CE dropping and Vanilla, obviously, so this is a nice change of pace.

I have no idea how this OT compares to the previous OTs, but I have seen a lot more interest in endgame content in the past few weeks. I got the game in December and have never seen this much collective excitement for the game. I missed out on Normal CE dropping and Vanilla, obviously, so this is a nice change of pace.

Ill just put ot 19 out of mind, the dark ages. Lost alot of players in march

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Saying there is no big skill gap when there objectively is - so edgy, you guys.
It's embarrassingly ignorant. I understand how different things must look from the vantage point of the top few percentage points of skill but that's no reason to be so dismissive of the idea. Destiny attracts very casual players as well as people in the middle of the road like me. Regardless of how competitive a game it can ever be, there's an enormous skill gap between the top and bottom of those you will find in the Crucible.

It's embarrassingly ignorant. I understand how different things must look from the vantage point of the top few percentage points of skill but that's no reason to be so dismissive of the idea. Destiny attracts very casual players as well as people in the middle of the road like me. Regardless of how competitive a game it can ever be, there's an enormous skill gap between the top and bottom of those you will find in the Crucible.
Seriously. If you can't see that you're blind.

gatti-man

Yes it's undeniable.

Could you point me to what you're referring to? I'm curious. Haven't caught up on the thread since last night really.

Look what I highlighted. There is no big skill gap in Destiny.

But this is from the guy who doesn't comprehend how anyone could die in a Nightfall. So, maybe there is a skill gap but it only exists when comparing us to him. And only in PvE, apparently.

I'd like to see anyone saying there isn't a big skill gap to compete in the Adamant tournaments. I expect them to have an equal chance at first place since everyone is so similarly skilled.

Cool thanks everyone!

I'm assuming that Bladedancer is better for PVP and Gunslinger is better for PVE?

I'd say they're both good for pvp. Blade dancer is good for going invisible and reviving people in prison.
Gunslinger is pretty much only good for making orbs.

im pretty bad in crucible average around 10-15 kills a game. im always astounded when watching high level players play. realizing i dont have the reflexes to play like that. saying that there is no skill gap is a little short sighted

Got my Titan to Level 8 last night. This is my first time playing as Titan and...I think I like it. Probably not gonna replace my Hunter as main but we'll see where this goes.

Got a Female Human too and as my first Human character, their dance moves are SO much better than the Awoken.

I wish I could change my Awoken Hunter's dance.

Do male and females of the same race have different dances?

Vanilla launch was nuts. I didn't post at all because the threads moved at such hyper speed it was impossible to follow. Then a lot of people burned out on the grind and didn't even make it to vanilla end game.

TDB and Normal CE launch was still hyped but relatively tepid compared to vanilla launch. The backlash to the exotic resets was real, then people learned they could buy better armor in the Tower than the raid and Iron Banner they slaved for, then people realized how short CE was and the grind required to Lv31 to even attempt beating it...

It wasn't great, but people held out hope that Hard CE would somehow redeem the expansion. When it turned out to be easily the worst Destiny content yet, lazy and glitchy and cheap and boring and hugely time-wasting... It is and hopefully will always remain DGAF's darkest hour.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

I wish there were more mid-teir players in ToO, lol. I'm completely shut out of that content because of my skill level. Every team I've played is 3 sunsingers with full ToO gear. It's either git gud or git carried. :(

Which I suppose is fine...I guess it's cool that PVP-centric players have something aimed at them. It'd just be nice it weren't such a depressingly steep hill to climb.

There is a skill gap. Skill is involved in this game. Big it is not however. Nothing edgy about it. Ask any top player in Destiny. He will tell you the same thing.

You are just moving the goal posts by implying it's not quantitatively 'big' from your perspective. It's asinine and really disrespectful to the throngs of people on the board who couldn't hope to compete with the top players. And any top player who says such a gap isn't 'big' is disingenuous or stupid, and how good they are wouldn't negate that fact.

But how competitive is really a game that's based on RNG and gear/weapon drops?

get wrecked by level 15's playing in crucible that cant even equip the best gear. it happens alot.

RNG also isnt as bad as it used to be. with the exception of a few sought after items like hopscotch, most of the best crucible guns, ash factory, matador for example are easily obtainable if you play enough crucible.

GhaleonEB

As someone who does not (currently) play PvP, it's been interesting to read 1) complaints of too many lop sided victories / poor players in Crucible, and 2) complaints that there is not a skill gap in Crucible.

On a different note - I'm not expecting any reveals in the BWU today, but I hope we get the schedule of Twitch reveal streams. Given how much they need to cover, I'd expect them to start next week, with the Tower tour / system changes.

As someone who does not (currently) play PvP, it's been interesting to read 1) complaints of too many lop sided victories / poor players in Crucible, and 2) complaints that there is not a skill gap in Crucible.

On a different note - I'm not expecting any reveals in the BWU today, but I hope we get the schedule of Twitch reveal streams. Given how much they need to cover, I'd expect them to start next week, with the Tower tour / system changes.

thats what im hoping for as well. by next Wednesday I fully expect to see the first stream. kind of surprised they haven't released the schedule earlier.

Vanilla launch was nuts. I didn't post at all because the threads moved at such hyper speed it was impossible to follow. Then a lot of people burned out on the grind and didn't even make it to vanilla end game.

TDB and Normal CE launch was still hyped but relatively tepid compared to vanilla launch. The backlash to the exotic resets was real, then people learned they could buy better armor in the Tower than the raid and Iron Banner they slaved for, then people realized how short CE was and the grind required to Lv31 to even attempt beating it...

It wasn't great, but people held out hope that Hard CE would somehow redeem the expansion. When it turned out to be easily the worst Destiny content yet, lazy and glitchy and cheap and boring and hugely time-wasting... It is and hopefully will always remain DGAF's darkest hour.

I got the game when people were still all in on Normal CE, but I wasn't ready to tackle endgame content. I was JUST getting into raiding when Hard CE dropped, and right when I was down to raid, everyone was pissed at CE, hah. It was a hell of a juxtaposition being newly smitten with the game while watching people understandably meltdown over CE glitches.

LTWood12

There is a skill gap. Skill is involved in this game. Big it is not however. Nothing edgy about it. Ask any top player in Destiny. He will tell you the same thing.

I guess it depends on how someone defines 'big.' Why would we only ask Top Players if there's not much of a gap?

I wish there were more mid-teir players in ToO, lol. I'm completely shut out of that content because of my skill level. Every team I've played is 3 sunsingers with full ToO gear. It's either git gud or git carried. :(

Which I suppose is fine...I guess it's cool that PVP-centric players have something aimed at them. It'd just be nice it weren't such a depressingly steep hill to climb.

Coming from an average to sometimes good PvPer, if you stick with trials with 3 similarly skilled players and get down your teamwork/map control and communication at some point over that weekend you'll either get to Mercury or damn close.

You can see lots of examples of that in here esp last weekend - I'd put trials (for us mere mortals) at 1/3rd Skill, 1/3rd Teamwork and 1/3rd luck

I started posting in DGAF's darkest hour, I was the shining light lol.

Cool thanks everyone!

Bladedancer is the best PvP subclass in the game, and also the better PvE subclass between the two. Invisibility is invaluable for PvE, getting revives or dismantling mines in PoE or the abyss/running sword in Crota's End.

Gunslinger is still excellent though, especially in PvP. Celestial Nighthawk is very useful in PvE, otherwise Golden Gun can be pretty situational (like Oracles in VoG).

The best subclasses to level first:

1.) Titan Defender
2.) Hunter Blade Dancer
3.) Warlock Sunsinger

So its pretty obvious when you start POE 35 from the start if you have a good team or not.

The following occurred between 5:10pm and 8:00pm on August 12, 2015

Met up with two 34 on LFG, and we all proceeded to die at least three time on every round.
One guy sounds high, and the other really doesn't care too much when we die. I knew there was a problem when one of them said "oh im 33 I have the wrong helmet on" two rounds in.

No one sticks together, and we keep doing the same thing over and over again that got us killed in the first place. On round 4 after 3 failed attempts, I said you know what guys Im out, I just don't have 6 hours to run POE 35.

The following takes place between 9:30pm and 10:15pm

Met up with two new guys, who seem sharp, and one of them has an attitude, and like to take charge of where he wants you. The other is also clear of mind. I like this. We proceed to whip through the entire game without repeating 1 round. and defeat Skolas in less than 10 min. It was the fastest I have ever whipped through.

Arrrammis

I'm kind of hoping they don't cover everything. Having something new that they didn't even hint at would be great IMO.

bitsurugi

Am so bored right now. And by now, i mean lately, Destiny-wise.

Except pvp, pve is such a disappointment and it has been, since the launch of CE NM. Ok, maybe the firts 3h after CE HM launched was still fun, esp being on the DGAF 1st kill, team Husk, but later on.. man, such a let down.

Arena as it stands now, it's not what we wanted. Too bad it aint like Horde mode in similar games (Gears of War). The no reward surely didn't help either.

On the other hand, since i dont have anything to do, just today i did the pesky Public Events and VIP kill grimoire rank 3, which i thought i would never do, .... EVER!

Now i only miss rumble cards.... ><

TTK can't come soon enough....

Top Bottom