• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

EL CUCO

Yes absolutely. Their supers and lack of blink makes them totally underpowered. Not to mention lack of quality exotics.
I agree, and it's that reason why I wouldn't be surprised to see Blink get a drastic nerf.

However, the solar Titan looks like a possible contender. Armamentarium is legit tho.

Owensboro

I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie introduced anti-bubble mechanics in TTK to push Titans onto the other subclasses.

If either subclass provided the utility of a bubble I'd be all over it. The problem is I can help too many people with the super, as opposed to just killing a few dudes with the other two.

Lee

If you say so! I've never done it, so I'm not sure what to expect in terms of difficulty.

Gotcha. Well I will get on in about 3 hours and hit you up. We can find a group and make sure you get the full experience.

Edit: Actually not sure what you're gamertag is. Mine is Trip Like I Do.

Any chance you're going to be around Friday evening, or over the weekend for some Skola first timing? I'd love to get a slot; I'm super dreading doing it because of the 4+ hour horror stories.

Sure, I'll definitely be around. Might be doing more Trials carry stuff starting tomorrow but I'm always up for a DGAF newbie Skolas run.

Definitely don't worry about any 4 hour horror stories, it won't be too tough.

Silvard

If you allow me some retrospective, this was me exactly a week ago:

Hey guys, I'm probably in the same situation as many others and I'm sure you've heard this before, but I looked at the recent pages and couldn't find something similar (don't eviscerate me if I missed it though).

I used to be a hardcore Destiny player until some time before TDB hit. I'm talking each class at level 30, each with multiple maxed exotic armors and guns, doing 15 bounties and 3 daily missions every day, 3 weeklies and 3 nightfalls and 3 HM VoG every week, capping Vanguard and Crucible marks on every character, having 6 Mythoclasts, etc. As you can imagine I burned out with the intensity of a super nova given the lack of content in the game at that point. I absolutely adore the core gameplay which is why I lasted that long in the first place.

Well, with the recent news on TTK and it changing many things that I didn't like about the game, adding content and features and whatnot, I decided to play Destiny again and go through the current content and earn the rewards while they're still relevant (and get that Year 1 Emblem).

So, as someone who know everything and had done almost everything in the game until before TDB, what things have I missed and what content/system/features should I know, as well as go through before TTK hits? And how do I get to it? Please help me out with this.

Also, please count me in for Flawless Raider, as well as for any groups tackling any of the raids or content that forms up. I don't know what The Lighthouse is for instance, but apparently getting there is a big deal? Please understand that though I have certain mastery over the core gameplay I'm new to everything TDB and after.

I've since then:

• Made full member on GAF.
  • Leveled all my characters to 34.
  • Completed Crota's End in normal and hard modes.
  • Gotten a set of primary, special and heavy weapons to 365.
  • Beaten Skolas on each character, thus needing only Golden Chests to complete my Triumphs.
  • Feel comfortable doing and leading any of the available PvE content.
  • Obtained Flawless Raider, Relic Hunter and Ghost Hunter, netting me Guardian Lord.
  • Gotten the Husk of the Pit and the Crux of Crota, gotten 6 exotics I didn't already have, started 3 Elder Ciphers.
  • Closed a major client at work. This one might not be like the others.

I don't list these accomplishment as a way to brag or to celebrate my good luck (well, there's a bit of that), but to thank DGAF for their invaluable help in getting me back in the game, and to give prospective ex-veterans like me who might be reading the thread that even though at first glance coming back is overwhelming, it's not, not with DGAF on your side. The first time I quit it was a combination of lack of end game content to match my own drive and the fact that the friends I started playing with had all quit too. Destiny has been shaping up to address the former, and the latter, well, I'm thinking that maybe I can find my new community among DGAF. You guys are all amazing (special thanks to ReignOfSparrows) and you've made Destiny fun for me again.

Now all that is left for me to experience pre-TTK is getting to Mercury.

Kyoufu

If either subclass provided the utility of a bubble I'd be all over it. The problem is I can help too many people with the super, as opposed to just killing a few dudes with the other two.

Which is why I think they'll eventually implement something to make you play as Striker or Sunbro.

I can see through you Bungie! :p

phen0m24

Nobody knows who I am outside of GAF this thread. Hardly celebrity status. :p

You stream with that desk breaking guy

Nooblet could use some red bull. He was falling asleep everywhere - on the canal boat, in the tram, at the park...

Nooblet I suffer from the same problem. If i'm not driving motion puts me to sleep. Everytime.

107190-sad-Yoda-gif-Imgur-HwbV.gif

You are also famous streamer man with jedi powers

What made her so sad that she'd mope?

Thought the same thing
weirdo

Mindlog

Sure, I'll definitely be around. Might be doing more Trials carry stuff starting tomorrow but I'm always up for a DGAF newbie Skolas run.

Is the basic strat same as always?
Left, Servitor, Damage, if bonds break cool, if they don't just flip sides, kill all adds, trigger mines, kills all adds, trigger mines?

I might be down to do some carries myself next week. Done with pretty much everything. Just got my daily public events done and over 100k in direct Glimmer conversion reserves (banners, beads, whatnots.)

A 'DGAF Triumph Week' could be fun.

phen0m24

People who stream with music going are just the worst. I didn't come here for a concert.

Kadey's music choices are usually pretty cool. :)

I like chill music in the background especially if people don't talk much

Which, um, Kadey so yeah

I had a dream got a solar Sex Dreg Pride a couple weeks ago. Thankfully, I got a solar Jewel so I can stop fixating on this shit.

Hahaha lol

Liamc723

Would you be up for taking me through Trials dude?

Haybro

Well I might as well do it.

Any tips for leveling this husk? I'm assuming I just wake the hive til my eyes bleed. Does playing on heroic make it quicker?

Klyka

Banned
Thanks to the wonderful bros of the Crota HM group sticking with your newbish Swordbearer (aka me) till we finally downed him!

A lot of glitchy bullshit happened with some hilariously close calls but we pulled it off in the end!

Got myself the Fang of Yut now,so finally my first elemental primary :D

Now to level it up for Skolas.

Edit: Oh and apparently the Postmaster had a second No Land Beyond for me. Thanks! I guess...

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Do you guys think they'll archive the stream next Wednesday? Did they do that for HOW?

If you allow me some retrospective, this was me exactly a week ago:

I've since then:

• Made full member on GAF.
  • Leveled all my characters to 34.
  • Completed Crota's End in normal and hard modes.
  • Gotten a set of primary, special and heavy weapons to 365.
  • Beaten Skolas on each character, thus needing only Golden Chests to complete my Triumphs.
  • Feel comfortable doing and leading any of the available PvE content.
  • Obtained Flawless Raider, Relic Hunter and Ghost Hunter, netting me Guardian Lord.
  • Gotten the Husk of the Pit and the Crux of Crota, gotten 6 exotics I didn't already have, started 2 Elder Ciphers.
  • Closed a major client at work. This one might not be like the others.

I don't list these accomplishment as a way to brag or to celebrate my good luck (well, there's a bit of that), but to thank DGAF for their invaluable help in getting me back in the game, and to give prospective ex-veterans like me who might be reading the thread that even though at first glance coming back is overwhelming, it's not, not with DGAF on your side. The first time I quit it was a combination of lack of end game content to match my own drive and the fact that the friends I started playing with had all quit too. Destiny has been shaping up to address the former, and the latter, well, I'm thinking that maybe I can find my new community among DGAF. You guys are all amazing (special thanks to ReignOfSparrows) and you've made Destiny fun for me again.

Now all that is left for me to experience pre-TTK is getting to Mercury.
awesome post is awesome.

Thanks to the wonderful bros of the Crota HM group sticking with your newbish Swordbearer (aka me) till we finally downed him!

A lot of glitchy bullshit happened with some hilariously close calls but we pulled it off in the end!

Got myself the Fang of Yut now,so finally my first elemental primary :D

Now to level it up for Skolas.

Edit: Oh and apparently the Postmaster had a second No Land Beyond for me. Thanks! I guess...

Sorry I had to bail, I had to deal with some family bullshit pt 24567889 Which is more tiring than suffering Crotas nonsense

Glad you got it done though

Edit Hello top of the page

I5EzIR9l.jpg

From tonights edition of Crota does what he wants, never change Crota

phen0m24

Fig did you see the video on page 235 or 236 of the Rocket League OT by SuirradthaQuad?

Holy crap I'm in my car or I would find it and linky

Top Bottom