• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

EL CUCO

Wow Destiny 7th in July 2015 NPD.
X1 version outsells PS4.
First time that I've noticed it chart in 2015.
Must be that TTK hype!
I've been seeing alot of people getting X1's for Destiny, even though they already have it on PS4. I'll never understand.

Namikaze1

I don't remember you in the alpha thread
BqNve3eCAAAJBwW.jpg:orig

CMU1fLnXAAA6Kd3.png:orig

Destiny charted?? That a girl.

To bad I can't pull that up for that idiot in the E3 theater that shouted boos the entire time the destiny section was on screen.

He probably wouldn't care.

ocean

Banned
While Taken King might be enough bait to bring a few players back, I think anyone who left the game won't find a compelling enough reason to stay for long with this.

Nightfall Rotation will be 12 instead of the 5 it was at launch. No more #forever29 woes. No more farming Patrol for Relic Iron, Youtubing the most efficient routes (ugh). No more "my purple engram is blue now!", but at the end of the day the core game is the same.

Anyone who wants a super compelling space opera RPG story driven game will be disappointed.
If you're looking for well balanced PvP which can cater to competitive play, you'll be disappointed (no custom games, no private matches, no ranked playlist, etc).
If you're looking for super replayable content, if I understood correctly only the new Strikes - a quarter of the total - will have dynamic encounters. The rest will be absolutely identical each and every single time.
If the fact that getting the best stuff often means waiting to get lucky with randomness bothered you before - well they've suggested it'll improve with a smarter system to get you stuff you don't have, and Xur selling an Exotic bribe of sorts - but at the end of the day, Destiny and randomness are inseparable.

What I mean is, I love this game for many things. I love raiding with friends, the way shooting and moving feels, I love the varied and cool abilities throughout, and how broken OP weapons and armor can make you feel super powered when playing around. I'm not a competitive pro level player, and I don't really have a need for those features in PvP - I just go, shoot stuff and have fun. And I'm sure in a month I'll love it even more.

But I think TTK, while making it even better for those of us who love it, and maybe fixing enough to bring back people who rage quit out of annoyance, won't make a difference for the enormous crowd who was fundamentally disappointed. Mainly those who wanted a Mass Effect style space RPG or a Halo-level competitive multiplayer game.

Kyoufu

I played the Alpha and Beta. Good times.

I miss vanilla Destiny. PVP wasn't a mess. Exotics were cool and felt special to acquire due to the horrible RNG system Bungie had at the time.

I want super rare Exotic weapons, Bungie. I want people messaging me in the Tower after they see this cool glowing weapon on my back that not many people have.

I want e-peen.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just poured 10 cans of red bull into a container and mixed it with pink vodka. Will serve it this Saturday at some get together.

ocean

Banned
Best thing about the Alpha is how crazy social the Tower was. People dancing and jumping and waving back at each other. Now everyone's a zombie talking to a vendor or getting stuff from their locker :(

Tower lost its soul. I stand on top of Postmaster. Nobody turns the fan on.

Kyoufu

Best thing about the Alpha is how crazy social the Tower was. People dancing and jumping and waving back at each other. Now everyone's a zombie talking to a vendor or getting stuff from their locker :(

Tower lost its soul. I stand on top of Postmaster. Nobody turns the fan on.

It's all about the Reef now man.

todd360

QA bastards! Share your secrets! Let me have them.

This whole time. Everyone has been laughing about our speculation this whole time while playing taken king previews. We can't trust each other now.

Wait. How do I know your not a tester? What happened to Tess!

hew9753

Full up for the Newbie raid. Any of ya'll interested in trying out the sword?

No, that's part of the reason I left the thread altogether for the sign-ups. Lots of people were being excluded.

Tonight's raid features the 10-year-old kid of a gaffer in the fireteam, lol

Thanks again for letting him run the raid with you all tonight, hawk. He's done Nightfalls, lower level POEs, gotten to rank 5 of IB - the Raids are the only thing he hasn't tackled yet so he's super-excited to get one done before school starts back up and his video game time gets cut back. And he's more than competent, so no worries about him carrying his own weight or being a productive member of the fireteam.

Juraash

How many people still here played the alpha?

Maybe TTK will bring some of those people back...

It's the main reason I'm coming back and I was in the alpha. I played up until they changed the Atheon fight to port random people. Thought the change in mechanics was stupid, especially cause the fight was buggy anyways. So it was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I came back sporadically since then, but all the changes in TTK seem to be pushing Destiny more towards what I wanted it to be.

todd360

The lack of pitch forks and torches is heart breaking. That can only mean the vast majority of you is in on this debacle. Hawkian is probably running a newbie raid in the dreadnaught right now.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yeah man. Wtf is going on here. DestinyGAF likes to blow its own horn, but we recently found out that deej hates the mere mention of us and we get no destiny perks.

Where are our perks? Where are they?
I think DeeJ might just have heard the GAF part, and had a PTSD-flashback to the horrendous people over in Gaming side. If anything, we're the most helpful and constructive of the GAF bunch.

Except Nami. He's just an asshole.

todd360

I think DeeJ might just have heard the GAF part, and had a PTSD-flashback to the horrendous people over in Gaming side. If anything, we're the most helpful and constructive of the GAF bunch.

Deej hath abandoned us. He is destiny Jesus and we are not being saved in the rapture known as the taken war.

todd360

So I've been at work all day. . what new info did I miss DGAF?!

Fookin zoba was supposed to play the taken king today. That's probably just him saying that to cover up the beans he spilled. He's probably playing right now. Turns out most of us here are traitors.

stb

Sure, I'll definitely be around. Might be doing more Trials carry stuff starting tomorrow but I'm always up for a DGAF newbie Skolas run.

Definitely don't worry about any 4 hour horror stories, it won't be too tough.

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

I already have you my FL, so I'll just keep an eye on the thread and we can sync up that way.

Namikaze1

Hey! That's Lord Necrochasm asshole to you, buddy!

Top Bottom