• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

GutZ31

My vault.

UpuHu2K.png

Bungie better have something good for dupes.
Why... Why would you keep so many necrocasms?

SnakeEyes

Banned
That Netduma. Jesus. What a difference. All green bars.
£125?! Damn.

Seeing as Nami brought up who is left from alpha Dgaf, I found 2 of my videos I uploaded back then.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iH600qP4Exg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=41Z8HyMoJSc
I deleted my Alpha and Beta captured footage off one of my Flash Drives only 3 days ago :(

Did Ruin Wings ever get fixed?
Anecdotal, but I see more Heavy dropping now when people aren't using the Ruin Wings.

Frenden

Banned
I have three Hardlight, two Suros, three Last Word, three Hawkmoon, and two MIDAs dupe-wise IIRC. I started to keep them after news broke about feeding guns to other guns.

I hope this pile of exotic shards from past dupes isn't actually a pile of regret.

Did Ruin Wings ever get fixed?

Mine haven't, if Xur's selling them today I'll buy another pair to see if those work

I have three Hardlight, two Suros, three Last Word, three Hawkmoon, and two MIDAs dupe-wise IIRC. I started to keep them after news broke about feeding guns to other guns.

I hope this pile of exotic shards from past dupes isn't actually a pile of regret.

I'll be raging if that's the case, I've sharded a dupe of nearly everything in the last month alone

Silvard

How do you guys get so many exotics in such a short time?

Silvard

It isn't for the faint of heart, but it really does what they claim to do.

Nightfall x3
VoG HM x3
Crota HM x3
PoE Keys xGazillion
Crucible and Vanguard playlist can drop too

Well, evidently I have the shittiest luck. I haven't gotten a single exotic since last week (and none from Vanguard or Crucible ever). I haven't even been able to get keys to continue my elder cipher.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They never changed them, or at leas never announced any changes. I have decent luck with them it seems. They're my favorite Titan exotic for Skolas since the PoE legs, chest and helmet with Fallen perks are so damn useful.

Mine haven't, if Xur's selling them today I'll buy another pair to see if those work

I'll be raging if that's the case, I've sharded a dupe of nearly everything in the last month alone

£125?! Damn.

I deleted my Alpha and Beta captured footage off one of my Flash Drives only 3 days ago :(

Anecdotal, but I see more Heavy dropping now when people aren't using the Ruin Wings.
Appreciate all the responses. Its one of the last few pieces of unleveled gear that I have.

SnakeEyes

Banned
It isn't for the faint of heart, but it really does what they claim to do.
It looks good, don't get me wrong. It's just that the current NZ/GBP and NZ/US exchange rates are currently complete ass and it looks like there's no local distributors for it.

ocean

Banned
That Netduma. Jesus. What a difference. All green bars.
So tempted, I've heard nothing but praise for that thing in terms of lag.

I'm not a particularly great player, I just barely manage to hold my own and go 1.0+ on average. I'm not the least bit upset when I get outplayed, but when I do poorly because some guys are teleporting around I rage so hard :p

What's even worse is sometimes the lag isn't that blatant but you still have hit detection issues. Like you'll be trading shots, die, then see the guy only took damage from one bullet when you absolutely landed 3. Super noticeable with TLW where some of your shots won't register of the connection isn't where it should be.

ocean

Banned
I remember when the Moon patrol was briefly made available during the beta. That god damn skybox was breathtaking.
Edit: double post, my bad.

Two random thoughts:

(1) I'm tempted to shell out for full pro mode and buy a Scuff plus a Netduma. That'd be like $350 maybe? Better way to spend the money than an X1.

(2) Twitch plays Dark Souls is hilarious. There's no way that will ever happen.

maomaoIYP

What's even worse is sometimes the lag isn't that blatant but you still have hit detection issues. Like you'll be trading shots, die, then see the guy only took damage from one bullet when you absolutely landed 3. Super noticeable with TLW where some of your shots won't register of the connection isn't where it should be.

This is exactly why I can never tell if I just suck with TLW or if it's the lag. I see gifs of gaffers taking out 3 guys with one mag halfway across the map and I'm struggling to kill 1 even though I'm in shotgun range.

Two random thoughts:

(1) I'm tempted to shell out for full pro mode and buy a Scuff plus a Netduma. That'd be like $350 maybe? Better way to spend the money than an X1.

what are the popular scuf stuff

Two random thoughts:

Are you serious. LOL, wow.

GutZ31

Two random thoughts:

For the guys that don't hate the mention of D-Link, and wish to try something to improve their over all Internet/gaming experience, the D-Link wireless router with traffic shaping is $97 right now on Amazon.

D-Link Wireless AC Gaming Router - 1300Mbps, Dual-Band, Gigabit, StreamBoost traffic shaping (DGL-5500)

deadduck

Two random thoughts:

I done the same recently. Sorry MS.

The Netduma is a great bit of kit, Destiny will very quickly (too quickly) go searching all over the world for extra players and making sure you can connect to them. When you can't it carries on looking.

Seeing the triangle symbol pop up as it tries to connect to a player in Iraq then finding someone locally with a green bar is fantastic. You know you've just avoided a laggy mess.

You will need to do a bit of manual work in allowing distant gaffers, but won't take long. We've not played in a while, so you're not missing out on my scrubbyness!

I love the skuf, but you could just learn from the claw master @unstable or switch to jumper controls. jump/slide on the back buttons takes bladedancing to another level.

what are the popular scuf stuff

Basically controllers like this, at least the PS4 version:

https://scufgaming.com/4ps/

The main attraction to me is the re-mappable paddles on the underside of the controller, so you can assign whatever button you want to them. It's kinda like how the Jumper layout lets you keep aiming while jumping. The paddles could be mapped to slide and switch weapons so you could keep your thumbs on the analog sticks and still jump, slide, aim, shoot, switch weapons. I know that's the setup Wish You Luckk uses. (edit: the paddles are essentially a better solution to using Claw grip which I can't stand)

You can also get different heights and shapes of thumbsticks but that's not a huge deal to me, although the Dual Shock 4 thumb sticks are garbage and the rubber constantly peels off. I already need to take my 3rd DS4 back to exchange with the warranty. I've heard Scuf controllers don't have the best durability so I need to double check their warranty policies before considering it.

Basically controllers like this, at least the PS4 version:

https://scufgaming.com/4ps/

The main attraction to me is the re-mappable paddles on the underside of the controller, so you can assign whatever button you want to them. It's kinda like how the Jumper layout lets you keep aiming while jumping. The paddles could be mapped to slide and switch weapons so you could keep your thumbs on the analog sticks and still jump, slide, aim, shoot, switch weapons. I know that's the setup Wish You Luckk uses. (edit: the paddles are essentially a better solution to using Claw grip which I can't stand)

You can also get different heights and shapes of thumbsticks but that's not a huge deal to me, although the Dual Shock 4 thumb sticks are garbage and the rubber constantly peels off. I already need to take my 3rd DS4 back to exchange with the warranty. I've heard Scuf controllers don't have the best durability so I need to double check their warranty policies before considering it.

that price though

https://scufgaming.com/shop/scuf-4ps/scuf-4ps-stealth/

hmm

Nuszka

Morning!!! Wish everyone gets what they want from xur!!! I know its not possible but would be nice if he sold some of the HoW exotic weapons, missing dregs promise but can't be bothered grinding for it.

Top Bottom