• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Lunar FC

If we do a flawless raid can we also all try to be in the same clan as well? I need both of those trophies.

edit: In the meantime, anybody want to do the strike with all a fireteam full of clan members rn?

Mupod

I'm still a bit annoyed that I procrastinated on buying TLW last week and missed Xur's despawn by like 20 minutes. But it's being nerfed to shit in a few weeks and for now I don't think I'd use it over based Thorn anyways.

But yeah I really want to get moving on some more of the endgame stuff and my crap weapons are holding me back. How badly would I lose if I tried Trials at 33? That chestpiece would get me to 34 and I could keep my Ram on.

lt519

ROBOT_FACE__ through Skolas School! Had to stay extra late for that one! Got my Wolfslayers Claw II (Void) which was my last elemental primary to get from Skolas. Take that RNG!!! Congrats on the Year 1 Triumph!

OkayRene

That was insanely fun. Group was good, raid was good, loot was good. I'm so glad I came back to the game and got re-involved with the GAF community.

definitely a fun group :D Glad everyone was able to stick around and get the kill.

full disclosure I was personally handicapping myself with absolutely no Gjallarhorn throughout so it may have been a bit harder than necessary in some spots, but really satisfying to see it through.

Yeah I was watching and cheering you all on. Good job, everyone!

shenze

Banned
definitely a fun group :D Glad everyone was able to stick around and get the kill.

full disclosure I was personally handicapping myself with absolutely no Gjallarhorn throughout so it may have been a bit harder than necessary in some spots, but really satisfying to see it through.

Thanks again Hawkian. Got a Hunger of Crota and two pieces of armor. Now I need to do both raids on hard and Skolas.

Shout out to Skolas first timers Daravon and Batman for withstanding me drone on and on about the mechanics and then promptly stomping his ugly mug first try.

We burned through the second mine phase with a Hunger, Horn, and Ice Breaker of all things. Daravon and I had to go in to finish it with Daravon Bladedancing (lol) and me shotgunning as Skolas let out his death scream. Suck it, Skarlos.

Juraash

Well I really felt like we didn't have a hard enough time with it overall to warrant using it. Sure it might've helped but the number of attempts on Crota was super reasonable I felt. Also wiping is good practice.

lt519

Shout out to Skolas first timers Daravon and Batman for withstanding me drone on and on about the mechanics and then promptly stomping his ugly mug first try.

Nice! Glad you got to do it MrDaravon, felt bad but Robot had been asking me for quite some time now. So cool to see all these people making it through Skolas and everyone helping out :)

Anybody want to join our PoE35? We're 2-manning it at Round 5 Pilot Servitor now.

We already have a newbie so it doesn't have to be another newbie to join, but they are certainly welcome.

edit: full now

We burned through the second mine phase with a Hunger, Horn, and Ice Breaker of all things. Daravon and I had to go in to finish it with Daravon Bladedancing (lol) and me shotgunning as Skolas let out his death scream. Suck it, Skarlos.
Dude, Thank you SO much. Sorry for my shit level DPS, and my two deaths within seconds of each other. Lol.

I know it took awhile, but at least it was first try.

And I hope you enjoyed my shriek of terror as we finished killing that captain and I relaized the poison was gonna kill me in two more seconds. My roommates thought I was being murdered.

Triumphs are now complete. :)

Thanks again!

Nice! Glad you got to do it MrDaravon, felt bad but Robot had been asking me for quite some time now. So cool to see all these people making it through Skolas and everyone helping out :)

Same. I would like everyone interested in TTK to feel good going into it, so it's nice to see so many people like you and Drizz helping out with endgame content. Plus, it's just good to show people that Skolas' bark is worse than his bite.

MrDaravon

Yeah good stuff, thanks for the carry! Some clutch moments but all in all it actually went really smoothly.

Also got my first Elder Cipher from it so that's rad.

krioto

I'm level 29, stopped playing before the first dlc hit (i bought the season pass though).

what should I be doing to level up now? My guns seem like pea-shooters - still using Midi Multi-Tool and the sniper from the original Queens missions.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well I really felt like we didn't have a hard enough time with it overall to warrant using it. Sure it might've helped but the number of attempts on Crota was super reasonable I felt. Also wiping is good practice.

yes, if nothing else I like to attempt not to overcompensate as much as possible in the way I would if I was attempting to, say 4 man-it. Because I like a group to improve enough to basically be able to handle it without me on the next try. that's why I really like it when someone says that they want to give the sword a shot, because it's a lot of fun and also because... well if nobody else wants to run it and I get two halfway decent rounds of damage you can get a tiny bit lucky and clear it on the first second or third try, and that can feel a little off for a newbie run.

the one exception is in the vault of glass, if it starts to get late I will instinctively grab the relic every single time I'm teleported because I can usually eke out a successful round no matter what, even though I do want people to get relic experience.

in general, vaulnger of glass can take a lot longer- there are several sections that must take a minimum amount of time and cannot be sped up in the way that every section of ce can. thus, if we wipe a few times - especially on those sections which will involve waiting for the timers again - things can go considerably longer. these days though, most people are so overleveled for vault of glass normal mode that it's pretty easy to use brute force and make it through the first half.

Arrrammis

I'm level 29, stopped playing before the first dlc hit (i bought the season pass though).

what should I be doing to level up now? My guns seem like pea-shooters - still using Midi Multi-Tool and the sniper from the original Queens missions.
Keep those, they're really good weapons. For leveling up, level vanguard and crucible to get legendary armor that will bring you to lvl. 32. From there, if you have the HoW expansion you can run the Prison of Elders or Trials of Osiris to get gear to bring you up to max level, as well as Etheric light, which brings any weapon or armor to the max level (42 light, 365 attack).

chur

Get marks to buy armor from the vendors, it'll make you level 32. From there run Prison of Elders to get better armor or Etheric light which can upgrade any legendary weapon/armor to the max stats.

Spoo

I'm surprised I didn't die more often on the noobie raid tonight. Nearly everything hit me for half my health to 3/4. Skin of my teeth, every time lol.

krioto

Keep those, they're really good weapons. For leveling up, level vanguard and crucible to get legendary armor that will bring you to lvl. 32. From there, if you have the HoW expansion you can run the Prison of Elders or Trials of Osiris to get gear to bring you up to max level, as well as Etheric light, which brings any weapon or armor to the max level (42 light, 365 attack).

Ok,thanks - so the armour gotten from the VoG is now no longer top-stuff?

Arrrammis

Ok,thanks - so the armour gotten from the VoG is now no longer top-stuff?
Not for leveling :). I still keep mine because it looks awesome. Running Nightfalls, PoE, and Trials can grant you Etheric light as I mentioned, so you can ascend your VoG gear to the max level- THEN it's top tier stuff again!

Namikaze1

Edit: wrong thread! Wrong fucking thread! Fuck! I meant to post this in that OT thread.

It's nearing midnight dammit! I'm tired as hell.

Juraash

Vault snip.

Yeah the vault seemed way, way longer when I did it. I liked the feel of this one a bit more personally. Not that I mind long raids necessarily, but it felt like a shit load of work for not a lot of reward. I could have run vault a dozen times and not seen the amount of drops I did tonight. I think striking a happy medium between VoG and CE in terms of difficulty, puzzles and length would be my ideal raid for Destiny.

Anastasis

I tend to grind vanguard marks through farming public events in the cosmodrome. Play crucible and you can get marks pretty quickly as well. As long as you are rank 2 of vanguard or crucible (or respective crucible factions) 75 marks gets you any armor piece except the helmet (it's 120). Those armies can get you to level 33. Once that gets you to level 32, play Prison of Elders level 32 for armor cores to get the max light level gear.

Edit: beaten numerous times.

I'm still a bit annoyed that I procrastinated on buying TLW last week and missed Xur's despawn by like 20 minutes. But it's being nerfed to shit in a few weeks and for now I don't think I'd use it over based Thorn anyways.

But yeah I really want to get moving on some more of the endgame stuff and my crap weapons are holding me back. How badly would I lose if I tried Trials at 33? That chestpiece would get me to 34 and I could keep my Ram on.

Ram would help. You wouldn't normally notice as much as you think being 33 in Trials and Iron Banner.

lt519

Same. I would like everyone interested in TTK to feel good going into it, so it's nice to see so many people like you and Drizz helping out with endgame content. Plus, it's just good to show people that Skolas' bark is worse than his bite.

Yeah I don't think any of us have actually given up on getting anyone through and over 50% of the time the entire thing is a no wipe run. The fight if great because good teamwork matters so much more than good gear. Without good gear it just takes longer, it isn't harder. We only had one horn tonight and our newbie's best weapon was a maxed Thorn. Angry is an interesting modifier, the fight gets a little more chaotic when you can't stun lock Skolas with snipers and take off huge chunks of health at once in the beginning.

Daemul

Last night I had a damn good dream about the Crucible. I dreamt that there was true class and subclass balance, actual primary weapon balance with a good TTK, no heavy weapons, no radar and snipers, fusion rifles and shotguns were removed from the starting inventory of players and made into power weapons instead.

I then woke up to be faced with the nightmare that is the current Destiny meta. Bungie please help make my dream reality. ;_;

Top Bottom