• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Bollocks

I have 2 horns, now the question is, should I cave in and buy one so that my characters now have 1 horn each?
I don't think it's necessary, nerf incoming and I can always transfer.

Shito

I have 2 horns, now the question is, should I cave in and buy one so that my characters now have 1 horn each?
I'm in your situation and will buy a third one, because heck I have like 700 strange coins and why the hell not?
May also be useful for that mysterious upgrade feature to come / "do not shard your gear yet guys" thing...

Hah, wonder if the Hotfix patched his ability to sell it back in, assuming that one week he really was supposed to sell it.

This does look like an apology inventory, too. All helmets with really good rolls on them.

Pimpn Drop Bear

Neo Member
Hey gang, this will probably be lost amid the joy of gjallahorn sale... But I was wondering if anyone would like to help me out, I have played destiny on xbone since launch and have 3 34s all exotics etc etc but just started yesterday to switch to ps4, so unfortunately I am a level 22 with nothing haha.... If there's anyone out there who wouldn't mind helping me with a vanguard strike or two or maybe a normal vog I would be eternally grateful..... The struggle is real ;) if anyone is keen, my psn tag is pmpndropbears. If you add me on ps4 I'll know your from gaf since I don't have ps4 friends yet haha.... I also still need to sort a mic out, which I know sucks but I guarantee I know what I'm doing :) thanks

adin75

Hmm, may grab the Skullfort.

I was legit shook when I scrolled downs Xur's inventory and saw the Gjally, for those who have endured the harsh mistress that is RNG, enjoy!

noomi

Hey guys, I guess all the letters finally got to Xur's hands.
WTF XUR?! You crazy?!

He's tripping guys, there's no way he have this many Ghorns. *don't believe his lies*

:)

Hi messiek! You coming back to destiny yet?

That was the first TDB Exotic I got... I will pray for you if you return the favor of me getting them Nothing Menacles

XD

Your prayers worked :)

I think he only got one on Xbox?

Ahhh yeah you're right, he should be pretty happy about the ps4 too hehe

It's strength so you hit the jackpot.

Wait.... It's always strength isn't it? Exotics have set stats, no?

I don't care that it's getting nerfed. I don't care if it's arguably a waste of an Exotic slot.

I'm just happy that, as someone playing since the Alpha and was there day 1 (but didn't know enough to get it from Xur week 2), I can just finally complete my year 1 "set" of wanted gear.

I just bought 3 Gjallahorns and it felt. so. good.

I don't even understand what this means but I laughed hard enough for my boss to give me a stern look. That escalated way quick

Each generation always has a grudge against the one that follows, which in some way or another has things easier that were not accessible to the previous one, having gone the hard route.

Electrolysis for hair removal requires shoving a needle in every follicle and discharging electrity,one at a time in a process that could accumulate a thousand hours and will test your pain treshold to new limits (And that's why I end pretty drunk once a month). When laser hair removal arrived you could do the same in just 12 sessions with minimal pain. Similar to running a thousand missions for a Gjhorn Vs. paying to Xur and getting it gift wrapped for an adittional strange coin

ocean

Banned
Xur beat Narmer to the race. Damn. Still, one way or another, full circle on year 1.

Xur has now sold each and every Year 1 weapon and armor (excluding bounty and raid exotics). People can lay off the dude. He's been good to us.

Crap ok not The Ram yet. But whatever, Horns for days.

Actually, this has reminded me of something: Can You Rocket Jump in Destiny? Obviously unnecessary when you have thrusters, but now the curiosity is itching me.

ocean

Banned
Bungie Weekly Update:

"So apparently Xur will not be joining us for TTK. He made so much Coin selling Gjallarhorns that he'll be retiring to a nice Jovian villa..."

Chomposaur

Neo Member
Gjallerhorn is trending in the UK too lol

Its funny I got mine on week 1 in the loot cave and because i was a noob at the time i didn't know what it was, it was in October i found out how good it was. Some guy was using it in the vault of glass and I said "Wow what is that rocket launcher?!?" and he said "the Gjallerhorn". And the rest is history.

I still think it will kick ass in the taken king.

EL CUCO

OMGhorn

XUPdg0i.jpg

Shito

Ok, gotta admit Deej can be pretty funny at times...

DeeJ ‏@DeeJ_BNG 3 minutes ago
Tomorrow's forecast calls for a deluge of the phrase "I earned my Gjallarhorn," on Destiny forums. #gjallarhornfacts

DeeJ ‏@DeeJ_BNG 14 minutes ago
You'll actually be more exotic if you don't have one now. #gjallarhornfacts

^^

Oh man, ice cold!

I bought a 2nd one just to mark the occasion, but I;m actually gonna keep my Coins and Motes for TTK now. Week 1 post-DLC launch Xur will have fresh loots!

Lies, Week One TK Xur will have Sunbreakers to restart the cycle all over again.

"The Gjallarhorn is not recognized by music aficionados as an actual wind instrument. Please do not attempt to blow. #gjallarhornfacts" Well done Deej.

I have 2 Horns, buying one for the third character. Buying a 4th for the vault and at least one more to rage shard.

Took me almost a year to get my first Horn, and now I have four. What am I going to do with four? No clue.

Happy for all those who never had the cruel and unscrupulous light of RNG shine upon them.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Evening everybody and happy gjallarhorn day/weekend!
Hope all those guardians that haven't been able to get one yet manage to secure one. ^^

*Congrats noomi on getting the ruin wings you wanted :)

Just out of curiosity though, do you guys think it's worth buying the 3 helmets that xur is selling?

Top Bottom