• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Liamc723

Well, there it is.

At some point I need to do PoE "Hard" to complete that Triumph thing. I assume that is PoE 34, as I think that's the only one I didn't attempt yet.

Pondering starting up an XB1 profile for TTK rather than continuing on with PS4 (I am almost certain one the Elite controller gets here I won't want to play FPS games without the back paddles) but it's tough to think about starting all over.

It's POE 35.

SkylineRKR

Drat! Not enough coins...

But I got about 5 of them anyway

Good for people who still wanted it badly, use it while its still all powerful.

Well after 1,500 hours in I finally received my Ghally. I had so many copies of Thunderlord and Truth Drop for me the past year, but this weapon always eluded me. I was a true victim of the RNG. At least I get to experience it in its full glory before the damage reduction. :)

Namikaze1

Things that will happen before Drizzay drops his Thunderlord post
  • Necrochasm buff gets announced
  • Hawkmoon drops for LiK
  • Unstable gets Black Hammer on PS4
  • Narmer gets Gjallarhorn on PS4

Drizzay, where's that post?!

Defuser

Even though Wolfpack rounds gets nerfed but it's still the most damaging rocket launcher which no other rocket launcher can touch. Probably still beastly in crucible but time to kill on bosses in PVE is longer.

Lnkn52

• Hawkmoon drops for LiK

Can I add, we land on Mars on the list?

Lol

DjRalford

Last year, shortly after launch, I walked up to Xur and checked what he had. And he was selling the Gjallarhorn. I had seen it in pictures before and thought "man, that is one sweet looking rocket launcher! I'll buy it".

And so I did.

And thats how I got my horn 1 year ago :)

I missed that week, but the following I had a legendary engram turn into the mighty horn,probably makes it one of the rarest coming from an engram pre Rahool changes when he liked to turn purples blue.

Just wanted to put out one more call for CE HM

1) SolicitorPirate
2) Kaiken
3) feetiemaomao
4)
5)
6)

If we don't have more joiners, I might have to reschedule due to lack of interest.

Kyoufu

Even though Wolfpack rounds gets nerfed but it's still the most damaging rocket launcher which no other rocket launcher can touch. Probably still beastly in crucible but time to kill on bosses in PVE is longer.

I'd rather use a legendary RL in Crucible tbh.

I'm hoping other Exotic weapons will be able to compete with Gjallarhorn in TTK so I can have more viable options in PVE.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I earned my Ballerhorn :)

Gonna grab me one more of those, just in case I might need it.
For science.

I expect to see all PvE bosses to get nuked in the near future before the nerf in the coming week.

maomaoIYP

I bought all 3 helms, 3 horns, 5 engrams.
Decrpyted them with my hunter:
2 x feedback fence
1 x nothing manacles
1 x no backup plans
1 x claws

Nothing for my hunter wtf man.

Lnkn52

OK Destiny elitist. Let the new Ghorn owners enjoy their day.

Ghorn in Patrol, raids, skirmish, control, cutscenes, the tower, the Reef, on your sparrow, inside your ship, anywhere.

Let them have their fun. Don't rain on their parade.

gspec

Should take me about 2 days, the dark below is quickly becoming my best friend.... wait no... worst enemy.

3575 grim right now, will need to grind pvp and titan kills after :p

I guess you are trying to get the Guardian Lord trophy or achievement.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Last year, shortly after launch, I walked up to Xur and checked what he had. And he was selling the Gjallarhorn. I had seen it in pictures before and thought "man, that is one sweet looking rocket launcher! I'll buy it".

And so I did.

And thats how I got my horn 1 year ago :)
You and me both.

Then I got another one, a week later, from my first VoG Exotic Chest :D

ocean

Banned
Every rocket does the same damage: 3658 for a direct hit. The only way to get more damage is if it has something like cluster bombs a la Hunger of Crota or Hezen Vengeance. The thing with those clusters is they are effective in hitting nearby enemies, but not your main target.

Cluster bombs do 75 damage each but most will hit nearby targets around the main target. Wolfpack Rounds do 255, but the big factor is they track. So instead of falling off the sides, they'll all hit the target. Even if those Wolfpack rounds have their impact cut by 50%, they'll still a) be a lot stronger than regular cluster bombs, and b) actually hit main target, making for significantly higher total damage output.

Unless there's some super unexpected changes, Gjallarhorn will still be the hardest hitting RL after the nerf. And one of only two (Truth being the other) with Tracking + Proximity Detonation.

gspec

Ghorn in Patrol, raids, skirmish, control, cutscenes, the tower, the Reef, on your sparrow, inside your ship, anywhere.

Yeah, let them enjoy it before the nerf. Bungie is cruel.

Unstable

• Hawkmoon drops for LiK
  • Unstable gets Black Hammer on PS4 x2*

Unstable rebuilds his desk (work in progress) eta today

• Hawkmoon drops for LiK

Hey, hey! That list is incomplete. I believe there was also something about Yellowstone volcanoes erupting and covering the world in ashen darkness.

I still have time. I still have time... TTK timed release!

MrDaravon

200 motes (most of what I had) trying to get a goddamn Don't Touch Me, no luck :(

Real talk, I don't have access to the vault app because I have a Windows phone (don't ask), should I just buy 3 horns for all 3 of my characters? Since I only started playing ~5 weeks ago on PS4 I'm not drowning in hundreds of coins like most people here, but I consistently stay at about 80-90.

Namikaze1

Should take me about 2 days, the dark below is quickly becoming my best friend.... wait no... worst enemy.

3575 grim right now, will need to grind pvp and titan kills after :p
tumblr_npntnijAYS1r2aobgo7_400.gif

I just wanted to post this. :p

pfft. It's been Gjallarhorn Day every day since he last sold it. :p

All he needs is to max out a Titan's subclass for Guardian Lord. He's just doing this to max out his grimoire like I am.

ocean

Banned
I'd rather use a legendary RL in Crucible tbh.

I'm hoping other Exotic weapons will be able to compete with Gjallarhorn in TTK so I can have more viable options in PVE.
In Crucible it's got the advantage of being the only RL which can kill a full health Bladedancer. This is circumstantial and thus not worth giving your Exotic slot up (unless you actually prefer rocking a Hopscotch or Messenger in primary slot, which also works). In Elimination though, if you're going full-tryhard it's a solid choice for Heavy Round in case a Bladedancer or Radiant Skin Ramlock contests your heavy.

Klyka

Banned
200 motes (most of what I had) trying to get a goddamn Don't Touch Me, no luck :(

Real talk, I don't have access to the vault app because I have a Windows phone (don't ask), should I just buy 3 horns for all 3 of my characters? Since I only started playing ~5 weeks ago on PS4 I'm not drowning in hundreds of coins like most people here, but I consistently stay at about 80-90.

I use the chrome extension "destiny inventory manager" that works pretty damn well.

Of course you can also just use the bungie companion app, it's just not as fluid.

WipedOut

You get a horn, You get a horn, You get a horn, You get a horn, everyone gets a motherfuckin horn! The end is nigh fellow guardians, Nerf inbound in T-Minus.....

oprah-you-get-a-car2.gif

noomi

Nah, I'm just being a grimoire snob haha. Trying to get to 3,600 is all :p

Many of us starting chasing the numbers since we have nothing else really left to do until TTK.

DUDE JUST GOT MY HAWKMOON WTF! BUNGIE REDEEMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, it's a great weapon... the GREATEST weapon!

tumblr_npntnijAYS1r2aobgo7_400.gif

I just wanted to post this. :p

pfft. It's been Gjallarhorn Day every day since he last sold it. :p

All he needs is to max out a Titan's subclass for Guardian Lord. He's just doing this to max out his grimoire like I am.

Proper use of gif, acceptable *high five*

Actually I have a titan, it's the warlock subclass that I need :p

MrDaravon

I use the chrome extension "destiny inventory manager" that works pretty damn well.

Of course you can also just use the bungie companion app, it's just not as fluid.

Yeah I'm not always at a PC though so that's not a super viable option. I bought two, I'll probably wind up buying a third anyway though.

Should I buy the helms? I have the Hunter helm already, but mine only has 95 discipline.

Just made a Warlock and plan to start a Titan with TTK XP boost.

Had Gjallarhorn for almost a year. :)

I only have 110 strange coins so I can't afford to waste them.

Top Bottom