• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

ocean

Banned
Boo I knew I should have checked Xur before I left. Xur is there until Sunday night right?

Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up sometime this weekend.
He's gone on Sunday 10:00 GMT. Confusingly enough, he's a weekend vendor but only available for 48 hours starting Friday morning.

Also, LOL for real at that patrol video. Guy's stoked as hell

Hyun Sai

All you hornless better have recorded your first Gjallarhorn drop*

I don't know what Bungie is doing with year one exotics but I bought two more Gjallarhorns to have two on each character. If I have to sacrifice one to ascend Gjallarhorn to the next level, then I am ready to do so.

Wednesday news :

"If you fusion 2 Gjallahorns you get a Dragon's Breath".

"If you fusion 2 Dragon's Breath you get a Gjallahorn"

ocean

Banned
Holy crap just had a thought.

Dragon's Breath is slow as hell, doesn't track, and the solar flare it leaves behind doesn't damage a target for long because they'll always move away.

But the Flame Prince just tanks damage. He doesn't move much and doesn't teleport. I wanna test something, for science.

I think DB might actually out-DPS Gjallarhorn against a stationary boss who doesn't move like him. I've never used that weapon so I'm not sure but: if I fire two rounds, do both solar flares stay on? Or does one replace the other like when you pop a Titan bubble your old one disappears?

Meneses

Gonna enjoy the few days of Gjallarhorn before the nerf.

Hawkmoon is the other one (I actually got 2 in three weeks, after waiting almost a year).

Nerfs are dumb.

Tjamato88

He's gone on Sunday 10:00 GMT. Confusingly enough, he's a weekend vendor but only available for 48 hours starting Friday morning.

Also, LOL for real at that patrol video. Guy's stoked as hell
Oh goddammit.

Well I won't be home tomorrow night but hopefully I'll be home in time on Saturday.

Freaking responsibilities 😡

BLCKATK

I went on reddit to check what Xur was selling for fun this morning. Never expected to see the G-horn up there. I literally shook, and then was extremely disappointed cause I literally just sold my copy of destiny last night in preparation to upgrade to next-gen in the coming weeks. I'm switching platforms so it's not like I'd be able to take the Gjallerhorn with me but damn, I waited nearly a year to get that gun, and now it's out of my reach again.

PuMa

So is this how narmerquest
PS4
ends? Not with a bang but a whimper.

Congrats to everyone on their new ghorns!

mFXaiHo.gif

Hyun Sai

I went on reddit to check what Xur was selling for fun this morning. Never expected to see the G-horn up there. I literally shook, and then was extremely disappointed cause I literally just sold my copy of destiny last night in preparation to upgrade to next-gen in the coming weeks. I'm switching platforms so it's not like I'd be able to take the Gjallerhorn with me but damn, I waited nearly a year to get that gun, and now it's out of my reach again.

Yeah, that sucks, but if you were planning to switch platforms anyway, not much you could do.

ocean

Banned
Taken King drops Tuesday 15. Last Xur sale before that will be on Friday 11. Since the game released on September 9, that means that the final pre-TK Xur will be post 1 year anniversary.

I'm sure they won't, but technically the exclusivity on PS stuff will have expired by then. Could you imagine Xbox players being able to buy Hawkmoon a few days before TK drops?

Bungie, keep the hype machine going at full blast. Do it.

Taken King drops Tuesday 15. Last Xur sale before that will be on Friday 11. Since the game released on September 9, that means that the final pre-TK Xur will be post 1 year anniversary.

I'm sure they won't, but technically the exclusivity on PS stuff will have expired by then. Could you imagine Xbox players being able to buy Hawkmoon a few days before TK drops?

Bungie, keep the hype machine going at full blast. Do it.

Bungie will troll everyone and make it the Monte Carlo or 4th Horseman.

Tjamato88

How do I remote play my disc version of Destiny? I was able to connect to my console but don't when I click on Destiny it takes me to the PS Store.

Nighte

Just perfect. Knew gjallarhorn would be sold the second i go on vacation to a hotel with horrible wifi. Guess i wont be rocking with it until release of ttk. Expected this:/

ocean

Banned
Quick question for our multi platform loonies. Or maybe not so quick. Is it true that hit detection is better on PS4? Or is this just a myth?

Watching Nghtly's team I've read several people in chat commenting on how amazing it looks to see TLW shots fully registering. I was seeing War play some sweaties yesterday and he mentioned "my Last Word is so crispy it's like PS4". I've seen other comments to this effect on basically all the big PvP streams, both from people in chat and the top players themselves.

But it just sounds so strange to me :p is this like a confirmed thing?

Kyoufu

Quick question for our multi platform loonies. Or maybe not so quick. Is it true that hit detection is better on PS4? Or is this just a myth?

Watching Nghtly's team I've read several people in chat commenting on how amazing it looks to see TLW shots fully registering. I was seeing War play some sweaties yesterday and he mentioned "my Last Word is so crispy it's like PS4". I've seen other comments to this effect on basically all the big PvP streams, both from people in chat and the top players themselves.

But it just sounds so strange to me :p is this like a confirmed thing?

Well I've heard Unstable and Jigga_Man say that the PS4 version feels smoother to shoot with.

Nuszka

My guess for fusion system is that there are going to be certain legendaries only acquirable by dismantling lets say fatebringer for example. So if you want this xy gun you don't have a choice but getting rid of the current legendaries you own. Just a thought.

E92 M3

Yup, the cynic in me is still waiting for the almighty kick in the balls that is surely coming, there's no way it can be all gravy with the transition to TTK

It was also the weapon that rendered the best reaction videos. Today we say goodbye to Gjallarhorn and start embracing our new TTK future. I for one welcome Oryx's sword in my inventory.

Just perfect. Knew gjallarhorn would be sold the second i go on vacation to a hotel with horrible wifi. Guess i wont be rocking with it until release of ttk. Expected this:/

Have someone you trust pick it up for you. People do it all the time here.

Shito

My guess for fusion system is that there are going to be certain legendaries only acquirable by dismantling lets say fatebringer for example. So if you want this xy gun you don't have a choice but getting rid of the current legendaries you own. Just a thought.
I would love some kind of "forging" system, asking for some old legendaries as one of the base materials to create new ones.
But I doubt they made something this complicated...

Raybunny

Get someone to grab it for you. I did that to a couple of friends on vacation already.

Top Bottom